Closed Thread
Page 479 of 500 FirstFirst ... 379 429 469 477 478 479 480 481 489 ... LastLast
Results 9,561 to 9,580 of 10000

Thread: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

Default Re: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

I hope Rock Lee is a good dad
    He should be

Set Art by Daily Rowlet

Default Re: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

Quote Originally Posted by Ruin View Post
    I hope Rock Lee is a good dad
    He should be
    He seems to be in the Boruto anime. I mean it's as healthy as Lee and Might Guy's relationship, so make of that what you will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

Quote Originally Posted by Md-Martin View Post
    He seems to be in the Boruto anime. I mean it's as healthy as Lee and Might Guy's relationship, so make of that what you will.

That's all i needed to know, thank you

Set Art by Daily Rowlet

Even if Naruto did always this, and this whole ninja paperwork is the norm instead of a peak of work, he still sees the kids every day, provides for them and does important job, which brouto himself acknowledged in the story.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

In my eyes it's just Boruto going through that pre pubescent phase where he hates his dad and blames the system. Didn't the exact same thing happen to Tsunade, Azuma and Konohamaru, it seems like a hokage kid phase

I stopped reading during rabbit fight and caught up last night. Was sick in bed, didn't have anything else to do.

Surprisingly, I found myself enjoying these last chapters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

I enjoyed this chapter, has very much of that part 1 Naruto vibe.

Quote Originally Posted by KzTxL7 View Post
    I wasn't distracted by Lucy being half naked.

You won this week Fairy Tail.

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    I stopped reading during rabbit fight and caught up last night. Was sick in bed, didn't have anything else to do.

Surprisingly, I found myself enjoying these last chapters.
    Me too. Boruto as a whole is a step up from Naruto parts 2 and 3.

What was Naruto part 3?

King of Little Sisters ~ Chrior's Avatar

Maybe the final war? It was different and shitty enough compared to the rest of part 2 to be considered a different part. Even though part 2 got much wrong, I still found it enjoyable enough until Kisame killed himself and the war started. Then I can't remember a single thing I liked. Maybe Madara pulling a meteor down, which was friggin' badass. But it didn't do anything important anyway. Ugh.

I still don't enjoy reading Boruto, though. It really seems like a fanfiction trying to recreate the feeling of part 1 but it sounds so forced. And part 2's flaws with all the byakugan and rinnegan and moon stuff are still heavily present. And worse than that was that flashforward in the very first chapter with Boruto fighting some villain that could destroy the world and, apparently, Naruto being dead. It all just feels so wrong. These down to earth Ninja daily life stories are much more entertaining and they can connect emotionally much better, like with this annoying Tento kid, who learned what it is like to be an actual ninja and grew up.

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chrior View Post
    Maybe the final war? It was different and shitty enough compared to the rest of part 2 to be considered a different part. Even though part 2 got much wrong, I still found it enjoyable enough until Kisame killed himself and the war started. Then I can't remember a single thing I liked. Maybe Madara pulling a meteor down, which was friggin' badass. But it didn't do anything important anyway. Ugh.
    This was easily my favorite scene in all of Part 2:

Spoiler:

And I like to personally consider everything post-Pain to be "Part 3" as well. That's even the point that separates Box Sets 2 and 3 for the manga.

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

King of Little Sisters ~ Chrior's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    This was easily my favorite scene in all of Part 2:

And I like to personally consider everything post-Pain to be "Part 3" as well. That's even the point that separates Box Sets 2 and 3 for the manga.
    I barely remember anything after Pain, now that I think about it. When he ressurected all people he killed in Konoha was when I knew the series was truly turning to shit. I can agree to that point too.

Just started watching boruto after bailing on Naruto sometime around when madara started summoning meteors. Surprisingly sitting at episode 4, temari is the best character so far

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk
    http://w11.zetaboards.com/OnePieceNewWorld/index/

Quote Originally Posted by The Laughing Man View Post
    Let's just be honest here: The Watchmen movie was a complete and utter, extremely boring, blue man penis filled abomination.
    And I don't even feel this way, it's just a hilarious quote.

New chapter is out:

http://www.manga99.com/Naruto_Boruto/16/

Spoiler:
    Akatsuki lite looks boring and cliche, and plays that dumb grand plan foreshadowing shtick of throwing random epic sounding pronouns around to build up interest even though we have no context to know what those things are, thus having nothing to get excited about. Aside from the redundancy of their group theme, the designs look so much blander. The old guy was the only one who might have looked slightly unique, but of course he had to get belittled and get killed to generically hype up the rest of the group.

And it's so surreal to see Naruto use a Jutsu that is not derivative of Shadow Clones, Rasengan, Nine Tails Chakra, or Truth Seeking Orbs. Earth Release of all things is random, but okay. It's at least useful. In the first series, I used to hope that Naruto might learn some Water Release to counter Sasuke's Fire and Lightning Release attacks since Naruto already uses Wind Release. Naruto using his artificial hand as a decoy was a kind of cool though.

I get what "A ninja must read underneath the underneath" is supposed to mean, that you're supposed to be at least two steps ahead of your opponent. But that line is so lazy and tacky lol.

So Naruto and Sasuke are completely hypocrites for criticizing Boruto for "cheating" then. I understand what they mean about how it is not about the device itself so much as how it's "used", but what did Boruto do that was so blasphemous compared to what Naruto did? Is the problem that Boruto was using it too much as a crutch while for Naruto it was only an accessory he doesn't need to completely rely on? I have no idea from how little they talk about it and expect us to intuitively understand these intricacies as if they're obvious morals. I swear, Kishimoto's logic always does so little to explain the mindset behind his characters and can sound so pretentious. I know he isn't writing this manga, but he's still played his hand in this overall direction.

All in all, just the meh chapter I was expecting from the likes of Boruto.
    Last edited by Count Mario; September 10th, 2017 at 02:54 PM.

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

It's no longer kishimoto. I think.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

I know it's no longer Kishimoto, I mentioned that.

Spoiler:

Speaking of Kishimoto...

Spoiler:
    Thank you for reminding us once again how he completely failed to deliver us a fully concluded story!
    Forum user Bartholemew Bear passed away in a very moving and touching way. I, ARTEMlS, therefore carry on the Will of DArth for good unto its final fulfilment.

Bort got in trouble for using a piece of experimental tech that hadn't been approved for use in the exams and was a potential danger to himself and people around him

that's no bueno but it also doesn't really gel with previous depictions of the chuunin exams (hi gaara just murderin' folks) but i can chalk it up to reforms made over the 20-odd years between Nart and Bort

Set Art by Daily Rowlet

Now that explanation kind of makes sense, but they can still at least go into more detail and emphasize the flaws of it being an experimental device. And still doesn't mesh with Sasuke's vague "it's about how you use it", as if using such an experimental device against your son is better.

I still remember roid rage Kiba in the preliminaries.

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    I still remember roid rage Kiba in the preliminaries.
    Those roids were approved by the vaguely prescient board of ninja approval business, good sir!

Set Art by Daily Rowlet

Closed Thread

Thread Information