Closed Thread
Page 477 of 500 FirstFirst ... 377 427 467 475 476 477 478 479 487 ... LastLast
Results 9,521 to 9,540 of 10000

Thread: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

Default Re: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Well shit that only leaves the guy that runs Ichiraku.....and we already have enough mangas that revolve around food as is and you can't do the Samurai for obvious reasons.
    I just want an uprising of regular humans not trained in anything chakra or ninjaish. Non-ninjas nearly all almost died for reasons caused by the ninjas and nijnja aliens. I need an anti-bender type organization.

Ninja have trading cards, so they have better PR than Benders. Not going to happen.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    Ninja have trading cards, so they have better PR than Benders. Not going to happen.
    You can still have people against them.

No, the ninja overlords use the cards to track and kill dissenters.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Serious answer though:

The naruto world is too weird. We have meet like 3-7 non-chakra users, the 5 daimiyos, the ramen guy, and the bridge engineer and his family. Oh and the asshole that Zabuza decapitates.

Without knowing what this "non ninjas" are or do, we can't know if they are an issue. Like if the first few ninja wars never got into civilian casualties, or at least to non ninja cities, wich is unlikely but possible as Konoha just SPRANG to life less than 300 years ago and managed to get the nation of fire to work with them, then the general population first contact was the tree. And then nothing.

Seriously, without the Daimiyos I'd be inclined to belive that there are no regular cities, only ninja cities and dumb ninjaless villages.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Last few episodes have been a bit weird. But it looks like this arc is ending at least. I kinda wanted Mitsuki to just kill her lol. Or for the girl to be actually evil. Something other than Boruto being the village therapist.

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

Just saw that one sarada color page and wow. They look like hookers. Author clearly is loli fan.
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version.

Looks like they're animating that Sarada and her daddy issues arc.

I had almost forgotten how stupid everyone is in it lol.

Sarada unnecessarily rude to Sakura. Saukra unnecessarily evasive. Sasuke being a dead beat. Sarada being dumb about the glasses thing, kids don't always have the same eyesight as their parents. And Sauke could have passed on lame eyeball genes from abusing his hax powers. Sakura for some reason not knowing if Sasuke wore glasses. Which is like the most moronic thing. She was stupidly obsessed with him. Why would she not remember that? Also why wpuld Sarada not know if her dad had the Sharingan? Everyone fails this arc.

Default Re: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

I feel like Sarada is appropriately rude to Sakura who after all these years has told her absolutely nothing. When she has to go to the library to find out something about the Uchiha there is a problem. Also i.sometimes forget how non existent Sasuke is as a parent, he might as well be dead to his family

Default Re: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

Ah, the trolling of Sakura arc.

Bring it on.

Quote Originally Posted by KzTxL7 View Post
    I wasn't distracted by Lucy being half naked.

You won this week Fairy Tail.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Leg View Post
    I feel like Sarada is appropriately rude to Sakura who after all these years has told her absolutely nothing. When she has to go to the library to find out something about the Uchiha there is a problem. Also i.sometimes forget how non existent Sasuke is as a parent, he might as well be dead to his family
    having to have those 2 as your parents should be enough to force any child to become a series villain

But it's weird either way. Why did she wait so long to even ask about Sasuke? Even minor stuff? Also it's still pathetic that Sakura didn't have a picture with herself and Sasuke. Placing two different pictures together to look like a couple is stalker stuff. Are they really married? Sasuke and Sakura deserve each other. So pathetic. I feel like Sasuke didn't even look at Sakura during probably the only time they had sex.

Sasuke really should have just been erased from all records if he was going to be nonexistent to his "friends and family."

Well sure if he had gotten killed earlier/later in the story instead of everyone in his family.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    Sakura for some reason not knowing if Sasuke wore glasses. Which is like the most moronic thing. She was stupidly obsessed with him. Why would she not remember that?
    Guess she don't understand how red herrings work or how badly whoever wrote that set it up to make her look bad......not that needed to committ to such a roundabout act.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

The only things that I remember from the Salad arc is Naruto being a crap dad, endless fat jokes, and Voldemaru being let completely off the hook, to continue his unholy body-snatching experiments

It actively vexes me when Naruto gets called a bad father. Boruto's biggest gripe is "Waaa my stupid dad isn't spending time with me or Himari like he used to instead he's just sending a stupid shadow clone that has the exact same thoughts and feelings as the origional just it goes poof when attacked just because he's busy being president' BOI look across the street at homeless unsure if adopted but certainly abandoned Sarada and appreciate your dad.

It actively vexes me when Naruto gets called a bad father. Boruto's biggest gripe is "Waaa my stupid dad isn't spending time with me or Himari like he used to instead he's just sending a stupid shadow clone that has the exact same thoughts and feelings as the origional just it goes poof when attacked just because he's busy being president' BOI look across the street at homeless unsure if adopted but certainly abandoned Sarada and appreciate your dad.
    That's my issue too. Hinata needs to stress that this was Naruto's dream when he was a shunned orphan. Also that it's really friggin important. Stop being an asshole about it and causing more problems.

Stranger in a Strange Land lr-hr-rh's Avatar

The weirdest thing about all the Bolt shit for me is that, if you accept the premise that Bolt was written as a shit to broadly recreate the early character arc of Naruto (which is why the arc is undertaken by the kid who looks like Naruto), then to me it seems to suggest that Naruto carries within himself some sort of inherent tendency towards acting out, being rude, rebellious and so on. Which then makes it seem like his early behaviour in his own story was incidental to his difficult upbringing. Like, regardless of his circumstances, if things in his life had been even the slightest bit difficult he'd have blown them up into a huge deal in order to (consciously or not) justify his ass behaviour.
    Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

I actually think it is a legitimate criticism when you flip the clone thing around. 99% of what we've seen the Hokage collectively do throughout the series is paperwork. They coordinate missions, assign, see over Village stuff, and seem to act as both commander-in-chief and regular political leaders for their village. All things that Naruto can do with his Shadow Clones.

I'm honestly more miffed that his Shadow Clones don't automatically solve this problem. There's no reason why there should be such a large amount of work that Naruto, who can produce thousands of clones, cannot finish his work without being completely exhausted. The clone he sent to his daughter's birthday dinner poofed away because the real Naruto was exhausted from work in his office. There's no excuse why he can't have his clones do work while he naps for 20 minutes.

It's literally the most useful ability for any average working class real world person, and Naruto fucks up so hard he can't even do it properly.

Yeah, they completely overblow Boruto's reaction to it. Compared to the shit Naruto had to deal with, it's nothing. However to a child, it's a different story. It's the journey of Boruto maturing and learning that his dad works hard for the village, he can't shortcut it to get to his level by cheating. But if you're 12, your dad is this awesome figure you look up, you're going to naturally be a bit resentful when he starts spending little-to-no time with his whole family. And then, rather than sending the clone to do work to spend a night for his daughter's birthday, he chooses to do paperwork while the clone spends time with his family.

If they showed Naruto doing important Hokage shit, then it would be a different story. If that clone poofed, dropped the cake, and then cut to the real Naruto fighting an army by himself or on some undercover ninja mission, it makes sense. When it's him choosing to do payroll rather than celebrate his daughter's birthday when he has the option, it's just poor time management.

I guess that's Naruto's real weakness, he can't learn more jutsu than Rasengan and Shadow Clones, and also can't build a healthy work schedule.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

Quote Originally Posted by Md-Martin View Post
    Yeah, they completely overblow Boruto's reaction to it. Compared to the shit Naruto had to deal with, it's nothing. However to a child, it's a different story. It's the journey of Boruto maturing and learning that his dad works hard for the village, he can't shortcut it to get to his level by cheating. But if you're 12, your dad is this awesome figure you look up, you're going to naturally be a bit resentful when he starts spending little-to-no time with his whole family. And then, rather than sending the clone to do work to spend a night for his daughter's birthday, he chooses to do paperwork while the clone spends time with his family.
    Wait, I'm confused. I don't actually follow this shit very closely, but he has two kids right? Why isn't the other kid a mopey, bratty little shit? Or is she, and I just haven't seen it or seen it talked about? I ask this because to shift the blame of Bolt's shittiness from his character to his circumstance it seems like you have imply a sort of universality to the effects of that circumstance. And that falls apart if a different child, to the exact same parents, is in almost the exact same circumstances and doesn't react the same way. Or maybe I'm reading this wrong :/
    Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by lr-hr-rh View Post
    Wait, I'm confused. I don't actually follow this shit very closely, but he has two kids right? Why isn't the other kid a mopey, bratty little shit? Or is she, and I just haven't seen it or seen it talked about? I ask this because to shift the blame of Bolt's shittiness from his character to his circumstance it seems like you have imply a sort of universality to the effects of that circumstance. And that falls apart if a different child, to the exact same parents, is in almost the exact same circumstances and doesn't react the same way. Or maybe I'm reading this wrong :/
    Outside the marketing aspect of her not being a visual clone of Naruto easy to sell, you could rationalize it with her being young and closer to her mother. Boruto's freakout over the cake thing was around his anger for his sister. Obviously he's taking an issue not really about him personally, but he told Naruto earlier not to miss it. He clearly didn't want his sister upset over their Dad not showing for her birthday. Not explicitly stated, but it kind of implies something of a similar level happened to Boruto before.

To put it in perspective, my father worked as a manager of a heating/alarm company for many years. He would leave for work early, and sometimes not come home until I was already asleep when i was younger. That was fairly normal for me. My Dad would quit this job when I was in middle school and opened his own Brewery. During this time, he worked from home for about two years for 2 or 3 days a week. Making business calls, payroll, working with investors etc. My little brother went from barely seeing my dad as a very young child, to seeing him all the time when he came home from school and spending full days with him during the summer. Eventually, his business started doing pretty well and naturally my Dad was busy and out constantly. This is the time my little brother started doing very poorly in school(we now know he has ADHD) and began getting in trouble for doing just all-round dumb things. Just having someone constantly help you with your homework and spending time in general, and then being removed can really shake up a kid's routine.

I never had this problem. There were times when I'd wanna see my Dad, but he was busy. I was young, but old enough to understand that he was doing something that made him happy and it was for the good of our family. My guess is that Himaware is young, she relates closer to her mother, and just doesn't have the angst a 12 year old look-a-like to the guy who's face is on the mountain in their village.

I do wanna end this by stating that despite me trying to rationalize this bullshit, it's still bullshit and Boruto is bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

Outside the marketing aspect of her not being a visual clone of Naruto easy to sell, you could rationalize it with her being young and closer to her mother. Boruto's freakout over the cake thing was around his anger for his sister. Obviously he's taking an issue not really about him personally, but he told Naruto earlier not to miss it. He clearly didn't want his sister upset over their Dad not showing for her birthday. Not explicitly stated, but it kind of implies something of a similar level happened to Boruto before.
    Right. But my point was that your first post was suggestive (and i've put that in italics as I want to emphasise that it may not have been your actual intent) of a universality to Bolt's response to his father's absence. If you have to rationalise away explanations for why people that meet the same basic criteria (i.e. are children, have an absentee parent that was previously more present) don't have the same response you necessarily can't really claim that the response is universal (i.e. expected as a response to given circumstances).

...I've probably expressed that poorly. Basically what I'm saying is that if you're willing to accept that the same circumstance can produce different responses in different people then the cause of the observed outcome (in this case Bolt's shittiness) shifts from the circumstance to the nature of the person involved. There's nothing "naturally" about Bolt's response, as you can see in the fact that his sister, in very similar circumstances, doesn't respond the same way. It's just him. The reason I'm trying to make this distinction is that I'd say it's reasonable for a child to have any number of possible responses to Naruto's behaviour: jealousy, anger, resentment, indifference, understanding, empathy, support etc. So I wouldn't say the circumstance of Naruto's absence, on its own, makes him a bad parent just because Bolt reacts poorly to it. What would (and might -as I've said I haven't been following this too closely-) probably make him a bad parent is if he knew that his son was responding negatively to his absence and willfully decided to ignore it out of indifference to his son's feelings. Or if he wasn't willfully ignorant of them but didn't think it worth taking the time to try and help his son understand why things need to be the way they are. And they do need to be that way (that way being he sends his clones to family gatherings and so on). By showing Naruto choosing to behave in the way he does the author is likely trying to convey either: 1) it needs to be done the way it is, or 2) Naruto's an asshole who does things the way he does out of indifference. You can't really infer that because Naruto could seemingly have clones do paperwork that therefore he must be an asshole. Because that ignores the fact that this a story told by a fallible human being for whom certain questions might not have occurred. It's equally possible (and in my opinion I'd say more probable) that in the mind of the author Naruto *has* to do the paperwork as his actual self and that the reason why just hasn't been explicated, either to the reader or even in the mind of the author in question. Which just makes the author a not particularly good one. In my opinion.

Closed Thread

Thread Information