Default Re: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption

the one that wasn't boruto

Set Art by Daily Rowlet

Quote Originally Posted by Ruin View Post
    the one that wasn't boruto
    Good ol no-name?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Cho Cho on that color page looks like a JoJo character lol.

Hidden:

.....what?

So THAT was the solution. We just needed to call the fucking cops on Sasuke.

God dammit..

Quote Originally Posted by KzTxL7 View Post
    I wasn't distracted by Lucy being half naked.

You won this week Fairy Tail.

Who is the mod who's always changing the threads' titles ? I'm always being fooled by those titles. Every. single. time.

Curious, I caught myself up on this.

I wasn't happy about how Naruto ended, as a fan--how can a series this long only have like three good arcs?--but at least I was satisfied that Naruto achieved his dream and got to raise a family. Having seen the movie, I even thought it made perfect sense that he would be an awkward, workaholic dad as Hokage. But I think a really good point about sequels to long series was brought up these past few pages: sometimes you just want your heroes to enjoy their happy ending, and it can betray reader expectations if you go back on that to make a sequel where it seems so much of that will be undone.

And for what? Creepy Sarada fetish art? Pass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    There's a great lighthearted vibe around here, because no matter how serious we might get, we're all together because of some magical pirate.

Just a reminder that Tobirama was right.

Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    sometimes you just want your heroes to enjoy their happy ending, and it can betray reader expectations if you go back on that to make a sequel where it seems so much of that will be undone.
    This is actually my main issue with The Force awakens.
    Forum user Bartholemew Bear passed away in a very moving and touching way. I, ARTEMlS, therefore carry on the Will of DArth for good unto its final fulfilment.

Worst offender in cinema of this was Alien 3 IMO.

any horror movie sequel that kills off a survivor, really

Set Art by Daily Rowlet

Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    I'll see your Alien 3 and raise you a Halloween Resurrection.

Quote Originally Posted by ARTEMlS View Post
    This is actually my main issue with The Force awakens.
    Expanded Universe was no better.
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting

Stranger in a Strange Land lr-hr-rh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    ...But I think a really good point about sequels to long series was brought up these past few pages: sometimes you just want your heroes to enjoy their happy ending, and it can betray reader expectations if you go back on that to make a sequel where it seems so much of that will be undone.
    Yeah I had very much the same feeling after doing some reading on the Naruto wiki to try and figure out the new Bolt expanded universe:

Spoiler:
    According to one article on the wiki there's an adult Bolt manga? And the first chapter has him like, facing off with some weird, alien looking, generic Shounen villain who apparently alludes to Naruto having been killed or something? And it's just like... *sigh*. Regardless of your feelings towards the character and the 700+ chapter original series, couldn't we just leave the grinning, orange jump-suited asshole alone after all he got dragged through for ratings and let him have his happy ending of world peace and love? Did we really need to kill him off and add even more super powered, world destroying villains to the superhero "ninja" universe? Fuck the man get's a better happily ever after in all the erotic doujins where he's the hokage that inexplicably bangs all the women in the Narutoverse . At least hentai Naruto hasn't got a shitty, bratty son retreading his early character arc shittily. :/

Although it's been a while since I read that article on the wiki, so I might be misremembering the details. Or it might all have been bullshit. I should probably check that...but I won't :/

Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    Oh god. I remember marathoning the first two last year and looking up what happens in the third one as I was deciding whether to watch it (I'd heard through the pop culture grape vine that only the first and second ones were any good):

Spoiler:
    And then I find out that they just up and killed off Newt . After all that time in Aliens dedicated to Ripley's motherhood character arc.
    It just made me sad.

Needless to say I did not watch Alien 3. Or any of the other ones.
    Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

King of Little Sisters ~ Chrior's Avatar

Yup, I just can't understand why the sequel must keep increasing the stakes again and again and screw the developments of the previous series. Can't we just have a more contained, less apocalyptic, more down to earth series focusing on characters that don't look exactly like the main characters of the previous manga? That's something I'd really like as a One Piece sequel, actually. Well, maybe not exactly a sequel, but more like a prequel or spin off. Something revolving around a marine character, maybe, going about his daily missions fighting random mountain bandits or pirates with bounties of 5 million in some far away corner of west blue or something. Lots of comedy and typical OP absurdity. Some references to the main plot here and there, to make it feel connected. A feeling like back in East Blue. With lower stakes, more relaxed tones. That'd be cool. Something akin to what Vigilante is compared to My Hero Academia. Boruto had the chance to be that, but it was screwed as soon as it was focused on, well, Boruto.

At the very least. I'd like a villain that isn't tied to ninja stuff. I thought that when they introduced the Samurai we'd get more variety. And people that enjoyed wearing closed toed shoes lol.

Or even just non specialty class people that are awesome. We need more Sokkas.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    At the very least. I'd like a villain that isn't tied to ninja stuff. I thought that when they introduced the Samurai we'd get more variety. And people that enjoyed wearing closed toed shoes lol.

Or even just non specialty class people that are awesome. We need more Sokkas.
    Basically Iruka or Ebisu

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Basically Iruka or Ebisu
    They still got to be classified as ninja despite being pointless lol. So they don't count.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    At the very least. I'd like a villain that isn't tied to ninja stuff
    We did get aliens though

Quote Originally Posted by Black Leg View Post
    We did get aliens though
    But they still had ninja powers. Or were the originators of said ninja powers. Doesn't count.

Well shit that only leaves the guy that runs Ichiraku.....and we already have enough mangas that revolve around food as is and you can't do the Samurai for obvious reasons.

Closed Thread

Thread Information