Closed Thread
Page 471 of 500 FirstFirst ... 371 421 461 469 470 471 472 473 481 ... LastLast
Results 9,401 to 9,420 of 10000

Thread: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

Default Re: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption

OP is a continuing story,provision of filler has far less priority.When Naruto was continuing there was filler breaks from time to time,but it didn't make the fans losing patience...
    My thought was though on a completely different line.As a Naruto fan i enjoyed both manga and anime parallelly.Anime often managed to carry the sentiment depicted in the manga.In case of OP,the anime has had never been anywhere close to show the dramas and feelings the story coveys.I left anime long ago(as a matter of fact i left Naruto anime too) and time to time when i came back it was the same.For instance the episode 774,the whole drama with Zhou and Jack was so dragging and for the lack of words,i would say childish.Compare it to the manga...so swift and decisive.
    I am not saying the animator has to go through chapter by chapter,panel by panel;but there are ways of 'adaptation'.Toei easily fails on that.I can't exactly explain it in words,but the feelings of something lacking is always there.While OP is too great a story to be adapted easily,they could have done lot better.
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

Naruto's soundtracks far exceed that of OP, too. Maisou, Hisou, Hyakkaryouran are some of my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by Md-Martin View Post
    Naruto and One Piece have the exact opposite filler problems. One Piece will pad out chapters to last multiple episodes meanwhile Naruto will fit two or three chapters in an episode....and then have months of filler. The worst part with Naruto is that they inserted them in the middle of arcs, and even battles. When they couldn't fit filler into the timeline, they did flashback filler. And most of the time they're simply just boring stories.

Toei is just plain stupid with One Piece, though. With the cover stories they literally have months worth of episodes of canon material that usually ends up effecting the main plot at some point. They could have even animated some of them in the timeskip to give the allusion of time passing like how Oda took his break in the manga. But nope, next episode right back on canon material padded out to the extreme.

Naruto filler definitely has an advantage with filler as far as fights go, though. They expand on them in a (mostly) visually entertaining and creative way. One Piece really hasn't expanded too much on the fights, even where it would make sense(such as Law and Doflamingo's fight on Green Bit).
    I think you pretty much hit the nail on the head here. And even when One Piece has filler, it's honestly not all too horrible. At least the directors have the decency to place fillers in-between arc. Not for example put the final showdown between Luffy and Doflamingo on halt so that they can have an episode about saving forest critters or a bikin contest. Whereas the last 2 years of Naruto filler was just straight up moneygrubbing greed to the extreme. All the manga material was finished. And with this latest One Piece episode even chopping up a very minor chapter in two, I think Toei has basically reached a bubble in terms of just how much they can pad the material.
    Last edited by Strooger; February 20th, 2017 at 02:45 PM. Reason: changed my wordings

Quote Originally Posted by Strooger View Post
    put the final showdown between Luffy and Doflamingo on halt so that they can have an episode about saving forest critters or a bikin contest.
    What... ?!
    Forum user Bartholemew Bear passed away in a very moving and touching way. I, ARTEMlS, therefore carry on the Will of DArth for good unto its final fulfilment.

Quote Originally Posted by ARTEMlS View Post
    What... ?!
    It was an example of the type of fillers we've seen in the middle of major confrontations in other animes :P.

EDIT: Oh I see what confused you now. Fix'd.
    Last edited by Strooger; February 20th, 2017 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Strooger View Post
    It was an example of the type of fillers we've seen in the middle of major confrontations in other animes :P.

EDIT: Oh I see what confused you now. Fix'd.
    What a drag. That would have made me care for the anime again after a long time...
    Forum user Bartholemew Bear passed away in a very moving and touching way. I, ARTEMlS, therefore carry on the Will of DArth for good unto its final fulfilment.

In my madness I without thinking checked out the most recent episode with Rock Lee. While it was dumb and parts of it fell flat, it was the most I've enjoyed Naruto in ages. It felt like it was straight out of Real Naruto™ starring Rock Lee.

yes, that's the stuff. I read the first chapter of chibi sasuke and it was allright. Damped by sasuke but fun.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

the anime return to the normal animation style this week, which is a bummer, I was hoping they would keep it for this arc

well, Boruto new arc start in today's chapter, so there's something to look forward too (or not)

Stranger in a Strange Land lr-hr-rh's Avatar

This new Boruto stuff has me (after an admittedly very lazy google search) very confused. So Boruto's a kid? Or he's an adult now? And apparently:

Spoiler:
    Naruto's dead?

And is his name supposed to actually be Boruto? Or is it Bolt? And is it Sarada or Salad?

And the new bad guys are from space? Or something? With weird tattoos? Or are the weird tattoo guys the new new bad guys?
    Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by lr-hr-rh View Post
    This new Boruto stuff has me (after an admittedly very lazy google search) very confused. So Boruto's a kid? Or he's an adult now? And apparently:

Spoiler:
    Naruto's dead?

And is his name supposed to actually be Boruto? Or is it Bolt? And is it Sarada or Salad?

And the new bad guys are from space? Or something? With weird tattoos? Or are the weird tattoo guys the new new bad guys?
    to answer your questions, in order: yes, no, no, Bort, Sarda, yes, yes, yes

Set Art by Daily Rowlet

Thank you for the very concise answers. But wow. I feel like I need to pay either a lot more or a lot less attention to this series than I have been :/.

Also, Bort? That's uh. That's quiet a name he's got there. Initially I thought the title for this thread was a joke, but with the name and the tedious little brat behaviour...was he actually designed to be the Bart Simpson of the Naruto universe?
    Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

why did they change the movie ending?

Alright, i'm intrigued.

Let's see how this goes.

Quote Originally Posted by KzTxL7 View Post
    I wasn't distracted by Lucy being half naked.

You won this week Fairy Tail.

I only just now realized that this isn't being drawn or written by Kishimoto. I'm instantly way more interested than I was before.

Quote Originally Posted by carcanclaw View Post
    I only just now realized that this isn't being drawn or written by Kishimoto. I'm instantly way more interested than I was before.
    You are? Funny given how divisive the reception to the art is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Sarada blushing made me chuckle and Momo with that Jojo-like pose.
    "IF YOU’RE A MAN YOU DON’T CRY ABOUT IT. YOU TAKE LIFE THE UPS AND DOWNS. IF YOU’RE A REAL MAN YA NEVER GO DOWN YA JUST STAY UP"
    - RIC FLAIR

Do we've seen that triangle before? Byakugan gets an spotlight? Bart wants to be emo 4eva?

I'll put my gold on Iruka as always to best character, whatever he's doing.
    Nothing exists; even if something exists, nothing can be known about it. Even if something can be known about it,
    knowledge about it can't be communicated to others
    . Even if it can be communicated, it cannot be understood.

...Is it too "old man yells at sky" of me to say that I remember when this was a story about ninjas?

Closed Thread

Thread Information