Closed Thread
Page 469 of 500 FirstFirst ... 369 419 459 467 468 469 470 471 479 ... LastLast
Results 9,361 to 9,380 of 10000

Thread: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

  1. #9361

    Default Re: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption

    Will I still be alive when we get to that first scene of chapter 1?

  2. #9362
    Discovered Stowaway Bigivel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Portugal

    Default Re: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption

    Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    That was what was done with the Konoha Uchiha, they got rid of madara and kept the rest, and the rest were still resentful.

    Kishimoto crafted a very complex issue without any easy answers, neither for himself nor his readers, nor real world.
    What are you talking about? There have been throughout story many such situations, worse even, that were handled way, but way better than, than the Uchiha massacre.

    You have the Illuminati against the Church, Nero vs Christianity, Scotland vs England, and many more. People died in all of them, and in some cases a lot, but none was through a genocide, with elder and children included.
    Totalitarian/Dictatorship governments, that are disguised as democracies, in actuality resolve all the time this situation without the need of Genocide.


    The situation with Konoha Uchiha is even easier than all the ones I referred above, because Konoha knew very well where the Uchiha were(and it wasn't a protected place), knew what was their intention way before the time of action, and knew who were the main instigators.
    The situation was one easily resolved!

  3. #9363

    Default Re: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption

    ^ Well sure if you ignore the fact that the actions taken were excessive and nearly lead to one of the survivors destroying the village in retaliation.

    Easily resolved doesn't necessarily mean very good idea.
    Last edited by Green_vs_Red; January 27th, 2017 at 03:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284




  4. #9364
    Discovered Stowaway Bigivel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Portugal

    Default Re: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption

    Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    ^ Well sure if you ignore the fact that the actions taken were excessive and nearly lead to one of the survivors destroyinh the village in retaliation.
    I'm in the position that the situation was handled horribly and that there were innumerable other better ways to handle it(And by better I'm not even talking of good ways). The fact that the action was excessive and the backlash of the survivor(that shouldn't exist one, but ...) wanting to destroy the village in retaliation are points in favor of what I'm saying.

    In fact most of the acts of the Hokages were horrible, negligent even. Being the 3rd Hokage one of the worst of them. And that due to the Uchiha, the Hyuuga and the Orochimaru incidents!

  5. #9365

    Default Re: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption

    Should have put easy Moral answers, sure, kill all the uchihas and the uchiha problem is gone, but how long until the hyugas and their magic eyes start giving love cancer?

    Meh, not going to defend kishimoto, the massacre wasn't the best plan possible, and the point that I was trying to make is that it wasn't to say "this is the best choice" but to say "we wanted them dead and itachi near tobi"
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

  6. #9366

    Default Re: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption

    I don't know what Sarutobi could've done with regards to all but the last

    Telling Sasuke the truth of what happened likely wouldn't have worked.

    Calling the Cloud's bluff and potentially pushing both the Cloud and the Leaf back into another war.
    Last edited by Green_vs_Red; January 27th, 2017 at 04:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284




  7. #9367

    Default Re: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption

    The conflict just was handled so incredibly poorly storytelling-wise by making the Uchihas psychopathic by genes due to love cancer.

  8. #9368
    Discovered Stowaway Bigivel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Portugal

    Default Re: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption

    Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    Should have put easy Moral answers, sure, kill all the uchihas and the uchiha problem is gone, but how long until the hyugas and their magic eyes start giving love cancer?

    Meh, not going to defend kishimoto, the massacre wasn't the best plan possible, and the point that I was trying to make is that it wasn't to say "this is the best choice" but to say "we wanted them dead and itachi near tobi"
    So all of the people involved really wanted to massacre the Uchiha and it wasn't a last resort method? Included Itachi and Sarutobi?

    Didn't Itachi already knew where Tobi was. Why not ambush him with the village and is best friend Uchiha? Why it was a better option to kill is best friend, the entire clan and joining the Akatsuki?
    Is not like Itachi gave important info to the Village about the Akatsuki. They were able to do everything they wanted since they one without the knowledge of the village.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    I don't know what Sarutobi could've done with regards to all but the last

    Telling Sasuke the truth of what happened likely wouldn't have worked.

    Calling the Cloud's bluff and potentially pushing both the Cloud and the Leaf back into another war.
    What Sarutobi could have done in regards to the Uchiha? Are you really saying that you never heard about ending an internal revolt? And one where you know everything about your enemy? Are you really telling me that you believe that the only thing one can do in regards to that is killing all the opposition? Let me tell you, you really have a dictator type of mind then! Or a Absolute Justice one!

    What Sarutobi could have done in regards to Hinata kidnaping and Neji's Father death? Are you telling me that allowing that was really a good decision in any way of the word? Also the fact that he never treated the problem of the two households where one was basically slaves. Or he was in favor of that, or he really didn't care. If he is as good as the story tries to pass him, than he should have done something about that.
    There is also the fact that the other Hokages didn't try to do anything about that either. Not even Hokage Naruto.

    And the last one was really the last straw, if the other ones weren't already. So he lets a mass murder escape under his thumb to be able to kill more people of the village. He is the maximum authority of the village, is his Job to protect the village and he is the one that most failed. What he did is equivalent of treason.
    Also after that the village did little to go after Orochimaru. To the point they didn't even knew he was in the village of Sound a neighbor village.
    And Sarutobi action in the Chuunin Exam? Yep, let's endanger the kids of the village(that protecting them is the Will of the village) to see what surprise Orochimaru has to show us.

    And I forgot another one of the bad decisions of Sarutobi. I totally forgot the Naruto-Kyuubi event. Where he didn't handled Naruto growth nor how the village treated him.

    Yep, what a great Hokage he was ...!

  9. #9369

    Default Re: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigivel View Post
    What Sarutobi could have done in regards to the Uchiha? Are you really saying that you never heard about ending an internal revolt? And one where you know everything about your enemy? Are you really telling me that you believe that the only thing one can do in regards to that is killing all the opposition?
    I think I mentioned killing the people involved in the coup was the last thing that should've been done. Especially since the way in which it was done nearly lead to the very thing Danzo wanted to prevent happening.


    Quote Originally Posted by Bigivel View Post
    What Sarutobi could have done in regards to Hinata kidnaping and Neji's Father death? Are you telling me that allowing that was really a good decision in any way of the word?
    No but what was the other option besides like I mentioned calling the Cloud's bluff and potentially reigniting the conflict between them and the Leaf?


    Quote Originally Posted by Bigivel View Post
    Also the fact that he never treated the problem of the two households where one was basically slaves. Or he was in favor of that, or he really didn't care.
    Or simply couldn't just up and tell the Hyuuga's to stop being dicks to each other as it really wasn't his business. Especially when the head of the main branch wasn't really open to that idea until after the fact.


    Quote Originally Posted by Bigivel View Post
    If he is as good as the story tries to pass him,
    Sarutobi is never treated as being a perfect or flawless person as the manga progresses as he carries guilt for not stopping Orochimaru prior to his defecting from the village or being able to resolve the issues with the Uchiha though the latter is mostly on the hands of Danzo for being too hasty and pragmatic.


    Quote Originally Posted by Bigivel View Post
    There is also the fact that the other Hokages didn't try to do anything about that either. Not even Hokage Naruto.
    Has it been stated that the issue persists or was dissolved?


    Quote Originally Posted by Bigivel View Post
    What he did is equivalent of treason.

    Hesitating in doing your duty isn't grounds for treason.


    Quote Originally Posted by Bigivel View Post
    Also after that the village did little to go after Orochimaru.

    Hard to track someone when they're good at keeping themselves off the radar. It's the same reason no one could find the members of Akatsuki all of whom were wanted criminals with the exception of Itachi, Pain, Tobi, & Konan the latter three no one seemed to know much about.


    Quote Originally Posted by Bigivel View Post
    To the point they didn't even knew he was in the village of Sound a neighbor village.
    They didn't have any reason to assume Orochimaru was involved with the village of sound. Even more so as Orochimaru had the ability to disguise himself.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigivel View Post
    And Sarutobi action in the Chuunin Exam? Yep, let's endanger the kids of the village(that protecting them is the Will of the village) to see what surprise Orochimaru has to show us.
    He knew nothing about Orochimaru infiltrating the Chunnin Exam nor that his aim was to invade the Village during it. Part of which involved assassinating another Kage which Sarutobi and the village the dead kage represented knew nothing about.


    Quote Originally Posted by Bigivel View Post
    Where he didn't handled Naruto growth nor how the village treated him.
    What was he supposed to do tell people not to be scared of a child housing a creature that nearly wiped out the village years earlier and killed a number of people in it's wake?

    The same creature that Madara nearly used for the same purpose?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284




  10. #9370
    Discovered Stowaway Bigivel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Portugal

    Default Re: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption

    I totally don't understand you. You say that the genocide is the last thing that should've been done, but you also say that you don't know what he could have done in regards to that.
    Are you perhaps implying that the situation presented to the viewers was one where only the "last thing" was an option?


    Are you saying that when somebody punch you in the face what you do next is exposing your private part to allow him to kick you? Because that was exactly what Sarutobi did in the Hinata Kidnaping and Neji Father incident.

    So the president of a country/village, can't up and tell nor try to negotiate with one of the country/village members? OK!


    Who talked about flawless and perfect? Don't try to up the words of the others to later be able to disprove it. I said "good as the story tries to pass him".

    There has been nothing about the issue, so it basically was put in the side, like it never existed in the first place. That is the thing that is bad. You have a major problem and you don't even talk or show people caring about that problem.

    "Hesitating in doing your duty isn't ground for treason" -> First is important to note that the thing that happened is not "Hesitating". Sarutobi intentionally let Orochimaru escape. Do you even remember the scene? Where King Enma shout a ton of time for Sarutobi to do anything, and he just stand there and let Orochimaru go.

    And Hesitating is a sign of treason when you are at the front lines and your hesitation was the cause of the increase of your allies deaths.

    Are you comparing Orochimaru that escaped in a known location to the members of Akatsuki that the village don't even knew who were and nor had any reason to investigate them?
    This is like saying that it would made sense for the United States not to know anything about the location of Bin Laden after the Twin Towers attack.

    He didn't know anything about Orochimaru in the Chuunin exam? Are you kidding me?! It was explicitly reported to him, when they found the people without face. Later Hanko even directly fought against Orochimaru and told him about that. Kakashi even had a face to face with him.
    And not to end there, Sarutobi said to let things continue and not say nothing to anybody and not stop the Chuunin exam!


    Certainly not abandon the kid to his like while he was growing(how Naruto survived as a baby with nobody is still one of the 7 biggest secrets of the world!) and just prohibit talking about the issue.

  11. #9371

    Default Re: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption

    What was he supposed to do tell people not to be scared of a child housing a creature that nearly wiped out the village years earlier and killed a number of people in it's wake?

    The same creature that Madara nearly used for the same purpose?
    The problem with this is the whole issue of Kishi sliding in the back story of Naruto's clan. Her having the noble role of being a host that people knew about and Naruto being the Hokage's son. This is primarily a village of warriors. And the leaders knew the truth they could have said what actually happened. And Oh I don't know. Not take out their anger on someone who's got a tremendous spirit was locked away inside of them when it's supposedly what the Uzumaki clan is known for anyways.. Naruto's father was stupid for not trying to be there for his son.

    It was already stupid enough that Sand treated Gaara like s monster on purpose. But I don't know why Leaf thought it was a good idea to pass on their hate to their kids. They are super lucky Naruto never flat out lost it and killed any of them. They just had to deal with stupid pranks.
    Last edited by Cyclone_Baroness; January 28th, 2017 at 10:53 AM.

  12. #9372

    Default Re: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption

    Ok, now that the movie recap is finally done, let's see what his manga is actually gonna be.


    Quote Originally Posted by KzTxL7 View Post
    I wasn't distracted by Lucy being half naked.

    You won this week Fairy Tail.

  13. #9373
    What's jumpin', chick? Sesha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    im cold

    Default Re: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    So theree should be one nore movie chapter right? Then new content? This was all fairly borinHg. Also Boruto is lame as a supposed lead character.
    He's the Poochie version of Naruto.

  14. #9374
    Discovered Stowaway MarcelloF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Germany

    Default Re: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption

    About the latest chapter: Wasn't the Rasengan strong because the wind was confined to such a small ball? Wouldn't making a gigantic ball go against that? Or am I remembering wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sesha View Post
    He's the Poochie version of Naruto.
    I don't really see how that comparison applies to Boruto.

    3DS Friend Code: 2535-3762-9083

  15. #9375

    Default Re: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigivel View Post
    I totally don't understand you. You say that the genocide is the last thing that should've been done, but you also say that you don't know what he could have done in regards to that.
    Are you perhaps implying that the situation presented to the viewers was one where only the "last thing" was an option?
    You're posing these questions to me but not exactly explaining what other options was on the table after Danzo decided to attack Shisui stealing his Sharingan. And removing one of the failsafes intended to be used in case stopping the coup via negotiations went nowhere.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigivel View Post
    Are you saying that when somebody punch you in the face what you do next is exposing your private part to allow him to kick you? Because that was exactly what Sarutobi did in the Hinata Kidnaping and Neji Father incident.
    We're never told who came up with the idea that put an end to Hyuuga affair all we know is Sarutobi went along with the idea. You also haven't answered what other option was available besides one that could've led to the Cloud and Leaf going to war.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigivel View Post
    So the president of a country/village, can't up and tell nor try to negotiate with one of the country/village members? OK!
    The Cloud weren't really in any mood to make peace during the Hyuuga Affair just get what they want. Which was a Hyuuga and which one didn't matter.



    Quote Originally Posted by Bigivel View Post
    Don't try to up the words of the others to later be able to disprove it. I said "good as the story tries to pass him".
    And yet this is still wrong since it makes Sarutobi out to be someone who as Hokage never made a questionable decision in his position. There's a reason Sasuke wanted to kill the Kages near the end of the story.


    Quote Originally Posted by Bigivel View Post
    There has been nothing about the issue, so it basically was put in the side, like it never existed in the first place. That is the thing that is bad. You have a major problem and you don't even talk or show people caring about that problem.
    ....Okay even if they don't show it or talk about it that doesn't mean you can't answer the question of what were the best methods to deal with these problems. Instead of getting incredulous at people not giving you satisfactory answers to the same questions.


    Quote Originally Posted by Bigivel View Post
    First is important to note that the thing that happened is not "Hesitating". Sarutobi intentionally let Orochimaru escape.
    By this logic Jiraiya did the same thing the only difference is that he tried to appeal to him before he escaped.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigivel View Post
    Do you even remember the scene? Where King Enma shout a ton of time for Sarutobi to do anything, and he just stand there and let Orochimaru go.
    Yes I remember this scene, and I remember him hesitating to stop him because of their relationship, hence why I said he hesitated in stopping him. If he intentionally wanted Orochimaru to get away he wouldn't have showed up to stop him in the first place.


    Quote Originally Posted by Bigivel View Post
    And Hesitating is a sign of treason when you are at the front lines and your hesitation was the cause of the increase of your allies deaths.
    I don't think you know what is treason is. By this logic the people who had trouble fighting Kabuto's Edo Tensei'ed army because they were people they once knew or simply too powerful are guilty of treason.


    Quote Originally Posted by Bigivel View Post
    Are you comparing Orochimaru that escaped in a known location
    Are you forgetting the fact that even if they knew Orochimaru was in the sound village (which wasn't really a village and mostly concealed) given his ability to disguise himself they should've just gone there with no guarantee they'd find, capture, or kill him? This isn't even getting into the fact that Orochimaru had different hideouts across the land with that just being one of many.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigivel View Post
    to the members of Akatsuki that the village don't even knew who were and nor had any reason to investigate them?
    Considering they would eventually wind up attempting to kidnap Naruto for Kurama that would be reason enough to investigate them.


    Quote Originally Posted by Bigivel View Post
    This is like saying that it would made sense for the United States not to know anything about the location of Bin Laden after the Twin Towers attack.
    ...Off topic and somewhat weird comparison but remind me how that went regarding where Bin Laden would later be found?


    Quote Originally Posted by Bigivel View Post
    He didn't know anything about Orochimaru in the Chuunin exam? Are you kidding me?! It was explicitly reported to him, when they found the people without face.
    Yes but did they know what has aim and purpose was, because it wasn't to disrupt the Chunnin Exam or kill all of it's participants. Mostly to bump off Sarutobi.


    Quote Originally Posted by Bigivel View Post
    Sarutobi said to let things continue and not say nothing to anybody and not stop the Chuunin exam!
    Which was most likely done because they didn't know what his aim was, wanted to cause mass panic and essentially tip him off allowing him to escape.


    Quote Originally Posted by Bigivel View Post
    Certainly not abandon the kid to his like while he was growing(how Naruto survived as a baby with nobody is still one of the 7 biggest secrets of the world!) and just prohibit talking about the issue.
    We can assume he was nurtured by someone up until a certain point. And then monitored to make sure nothing happened to him.


    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    Not take out their anger on someone who's got a tremendous spirit was locked away inside of them when it's supposedly what the Uzumaki clan is known for anyways.
    Not all humans are known for being compassionate and symphathetic people especially when they witness bad things happening to themselves or others. It kind of like our real world problem with how people perceive all muslims based on the actions of a few.


    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    Naruto's father was stupid for not trying to be there for his son.
    It would kind of be hard to be there with being dead and all along with your spirit being trapped in a death god....though you can somehow commune with your son spirtually after he loses his shit in order to calm him down.
    Last edited by Green_vs_Red; January 28th, 2017 at 07:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284




  16. #9376
    What's jumpin', chick? Sesha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    im cold

    Default Re: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption

    Quote Originally Posted by MarcelloF View Post
    I don't really see how that comparison applies to Boruto.
    He's a radical hip dude with the 'tude version of Naruto who exists as a main character to extend the life of the franchise a few more years.

  17. #9377

    Default Re: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption

    are you implying that naruto himself wasn't hip or radical

  18. #9378
    What's jumpin', chick? Sesha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    im cold

    Default Re: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption

    Fine

    hipper and radicaller, then. Better(er)?
    Last edited by Sesha; January 31st, 2017 at 11:38 PM.

  19. #9379
    The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Planet Zordoom

    Default Re: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption

    Spoiler:




    As soon as I saw this, it became mandatory.

    Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

  20. #9380

    Default Re: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption

    Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post


    As soon as I saw this, it became mandatory.
    Mandatory what ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284




Closed Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts