Closed Thread
Page 468 of 500 FirstFirst ... 368 418 458 466 467 468 469 470 478 ... LastLast
Results 9,341 to 9,360 of 10000

Thread: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

Default Re: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption

Naruto at the end was at least able to make a rasengan normally without havingto look likw a doofus getting his shadowclones to do the hard work for him

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    No not that he needed to anyway considering Genjutsu's mostly fell to the way side over massive crowd killing Ninjutsu arts.
    I still remember when Kakashi praised Sakura in Part 1 for Genjutsu being her speciality or something to that effect. My God, that is one hilarious thing to think about in hindsight. Maybe her best Genjutsu was fooling Kakashi into thinking she could be proficient in that Jutsu field.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Leg View Post
    Naruto at the end was at least able to make a rasengan normally without havingto look likw a doofus getting his shadowclones to do the hard work for him
    Considering how Minato took three years to make a full one from scratch with one hand, and it took at least FOUR years for Naruto to learn how to do that with one had AFTER mastering it with the help of Shadow Clones in just three days, I don't know if I can really give him much credit for that feat. Although I won't lie, seeing him finally form a full Rasengan for the final clash was pretty enticing as a symbolic way of showing his character coming full-circle.

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    I still remember when Kakashi praised Sakura in Part 1 for Genjutsu being her speciality or something to that effect. My God, that is one hilarious thing to think about in hindsight. Maybe her best Genjutsu was fooling Kakashi into thinking she could be proficient in that Jutsu field.
    That and from a meta sense fooling the NaruSaku part of the fanbase during the Kage Summit into thinking that her confession was genuine. And that Naruto still had a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    and it took at least FOUR years for Naruto to learn how to do that with one had AFTER mastering it with the help of Shadow Clones in just three days,
    Technically he learned how to do it "spontaneously" during the Sasuke Retrieval Arc while in one tail mode.....something I don't ever think was properly explained. And was swept under the rug afterwards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Discovered Stowaway El-Matematico's Avatar

Sakura had the best control over chakra in the group.
    Sakura was extremely smart and knowledgeable.
    Sakura was good at all the types of jutsu, with an orientation towards genjutsu.
    Sakura learned healing techniques from the best.
    Sakura became very physically strong and self-confident.
    Sakura was the first to kill an Akatsuki member, with Chiyo's helps.

Kishimoto kept saying good stuff about her because for the most part, he didn't know how to make her useful in the story. Her highest point was against Sasori, and that fell flat after the Akatsuki started dying one after another at the hands of the new generation.

In the end, Sakura became a single mother with anger issues, bad health and money problems (played for laughs). And the father of her daughter is a psycho.
    Wash your hands.

In burrito Sasuke is all rigth. Growing up, and having the experience and skill to back up his ego, that feels like it has been reduced, appropriately.

Yeah, he didn't pay for his crimes, but he is reformed, we as the audience have everything needed to forgive him. I just don't care either way.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

I find very confusing the same series that says "not helping your friends/loved ones out of sense of duty makes you worse than trash" also treats as a misunderstood hero the man who killed his whole family to prevent some conflict (that could, maybe, someday, who knows, in the future, if everything goes wrong, culminate in a war).

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    I find very confusing the same series that says "not helping your friends/loved ones out of sense of duty makes you worse than trash" also treats as a misunderstood hero the man who killed his whole family to prevent some conflict (that could, maybe, someday, who knows, in the future, if everything goes wrong, culminate in a war).
    I don't think many people in series treat Itachi's actions as heroic considering there's a very small pool of people who know what happened that night and most of them are dead.
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting

I don't think many people in series treat Itachi's actions as heroic considering there's a very small pool of people who know what happened that night and most of them are dead.
    I am talking about the author. Since Itachi motives were revealed, there is always this air of nobility surrounding him, of someone who sacrificed himself for a greater good, the ultimate ninja who puts his duty to protect everyone before his own personal feelings.
    The fact he is mocked by Danzou, who the reader is supposed to despise, while always be held in high regards by those who the reader is supposed to relate with (Sasuke, Naruto) or at least consider a villain worthy of respect (Obito, Madara) is a sign of it.
    Itachi greatest act is the antitheses of Sakumo's, but somehow Kishimoto treats both as a sign of being "the coolest guy" (and while Itachi is also depicted as someone who took wrong choices, they are always related on how he dealt with Sasuke, not the whole Uchiha massacre).

I always found it weird that the people in charge of Konoha came up with massacre as the only available solution. Like, would it have been that difficult to somehow to talk to the Uchihas and the whole village and solve the whole issue piecefully? Maybe there wouldn't have been riots or even a war among the clans. Even if massacre was the only possible solution, it still seems stupid that the elders and Itachi didn't even bother to think of something else. I don't know, maybe it's just me who's wrong.

Common sense agrees with you, but between the prejudices at play between the Uchihas and the rest of the clans, and magic eye love cancer, I could see it playing out just like it happened. It wasn't the best choice, the manga didn't make it obvious that it was the only choice, nor the prejudices that were in play were high enough to take this particular course of action, so it feels forced, even though it was a natural course of action.

Besides, most animosity to the uchihas was revealed after Itachi was revealed as the "good" guy, if no one had a reason to distrust the Uchiha before the reveal, then there wasn't much of a punch in it.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Right now I'd rather if the massacre happened in "present" time on the manga, like sasuke still has his family, and some shady stuff get shown of the Uchiha, and then the massacre happens while team 7 is in a mission, with Itachi cripticaly and less "IM EVIL" saying goodbye to sasuke just before the reveal. The fresh wounds would do a lot more in painting Sasuke's fall in a logical way, would make the distrust of the uchiha an experience rather than a datapoint. After all, what was the stated reason before "the reveal" for the massacre?
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by Your Boy View Post
    I always found it weird that the people in charge of Konoha came up with massacre as the only available solution. Like, would it have been that difficult to somehow to talk to the Uchihas and the whole village and solve the whole issue piecefully? Maybe there wouldn't have been riots or even a war among the clans. Even if massacre was the only possible solution, it still seems stupid that the elders and Itachi didn't even bother to think of something else. I don't know, maybe it's just me who's wrong.
    Well the other option if talks failed was to brainwash the those involved in planning the coup but Danzo fucked that up for reasons.

Why couldn't Itachi used the tsukuyomi or any other genjutsu on Sasuke so that he wouldn't have to witness the murders so graphically?

Sasuke almost ended destroying the leaf village at his lowest point.

They should have killed the coup leaders, and occupy/integrate the Uchihas into the society.
    FMA 03> FMA Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by ShinigamiKing View Post
    Why couldn't Itachi used the tsukuyomi or any other genjutsu on Sasuke so that he wouldn't have to witness the murders so graphically?

Sasuke almost ended destroying the leaf village at his lowest point.

They should have killed the coup leaders, and occupy/integrate the Uchihas into the society.
    That was what was done with the Konoha Uchiha, they got rid of madara and kept the rest, and the rest were still resentful.

Kishimoto crafted a very complex issue without any easy answers, neither for himself nor his readers, nor real world.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

My best guess is because Itachi hadn't counted on Sasuke showing up after he had already murdered their parents.

They should have killed the coup leaders,
    That wouldn't have eased tensions considerably.

My best guess is because Itachi hadn't counted on Sasuke showing up after he had already murdered their parents.

That wouldn't have eased tensions considerably.
    Yeah but Itachi should have still accounted for Sasuke's reaction.
    FMA 03> FMA Brotherhood

Yeah but Itachi should have still accounted for Sasuke's reaction.
    He did account for the fact Sasuke was going to hate him and in the process justify his death seeker attitude.....and apparently Sasuke targeting the village after finding out Danzo greenlit the massacre until he scuttled that plan to break Kabuto's control over him.

http://mangastream.com/r/boruto/009/3976/1

and with that the movie adaptation is over, the only thing left is Boruto telling Sarada he doesn't want to be a hokage

so next month we should get new material

That looked and felt like a typical Naruto chapter. Lots of unintentional white space, repetitive flashbacks, and a Rasengan full of scribbles that looked like it was drawn by a toddler. Hard to say who draws a worse giant Rasengan: Ikemoto or Kishimoto.

So theree should be one nore movie chapter right? Then new content? This was all fairly boring. Also Boruto is lame as a supposed lead character.

no, no more movie chapters

the chapter ends with the line new journey start next chapter

Closed Thread

Thread Information