Closed Thread
Page 465 of 500 FirstFirst ... 365 415 455 463 464 465 466 467 475 ... LastLast
Results 9,281 to 9,300 of 10000

Thread: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Default Re: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption

I still can't stop laughing at how a Naruto opening dedicated to a non-canon epilogue has a better drawn and animated Rasengan/Chidori clash than both the manga and anime.

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

So they are not letting it go, huh!? Not surprised.
    I assume it is not going to have many episodes, though, otherwise it would be better to start a whole new anime instead of keep the Naruto Shippuden name.

Anyways, I dropped the anime waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaay back in the chunin exam days, but I am such a pathetic sucker for Ino that the simple fact they gave her a bit of focus in this opening made me want to watch this new arc :| and I'm probably going to do it. Shame...

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    So they are not letting it go, huh!? Not surprised.
    I assume it is not going to have many episodes, though, otherwise it would be better to start a whole new anime instead of keep the Naruto Shippuden name.

Anyways, I dropped the anime waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaay back in the chunin exam days, but I am such a pathetic sucker for Ino that the simple fact they gave her a bit of focus in this opening made me want to watch this new arc :| and I'm probably going to do it. Shame...
    They've confirmed that they're going to adapt the Naruto light novels (at least the Hinata, Shikamaru, and Sasuke ones).

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

Got to milk the cow till Boruto decides to let the movie go and start making actual content.

Look forward to it in 2020!
    Working process.

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

Is this ''Boyhood'' filler arc gonna continue for the next 12 years for maximum milkage?
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version.

let's talk about the first episode from the childhood arc

so if Naruto only met the third hokage when he's like 4 y/o, who have been taking care of him up until that point? who have been feeding him, dressing him, teaching him how to talk etc..?

also you're gonna tell me the son of the 4th hokage doesn't have enough money to buy ramen?

also at the end of the episode Naruto tells Hinata not to cry because he never cries which is a big fat lie, he cries in the same episode around 5:04 mins mark

Quote Originally Posted by Halfmetal-lich View Post
    I agree that from a storytelling standpoint, the Naruto vs Sasuke plot-line seemed like it ran out of gas about halfway through the manga, and that this final fight was more Kishimoto holding himself to that original premise. (I.E: I promised you Naruto vs Sasuke round 2, and here it is even though it doesn't make sense anymore) Frankly it should have never carried the entire manga, very much like the Akatsuki.

I didn't care for the fight in the manga, but seeing it now, well paced, well animated and with appropriate additions through filler I can't help but enjoy it. That doesn't change my feelings on it as a whole.
    I like to disagree a little. Naruto did many things wrong but I always felt like the Naruto and Sasuke rivalry and their ongoing conflict was one of the things Kishimoto did not fuck up.
    While it had flaws, the Naruto and Sasuke storyline was far from weak. In fact I like to say it made the series better at times.
    Many can say that Naruto have deviated from it's original intention of being a Hokage but it was never initially implied what a Hokage represented unlike in One Piece.
    While Naruto is an ideologist little fag, you can't exactly deny his ideology as wrong to have for a Hokage.
    Nor can you deny that his entire journey to save Sasuke part of his dream. It was never shoehorned either.

There were a lot of story elements beside Naruto and Sasuke conflict that Kishimoto half assed in but the whole relationship was one thing he did right and carried the story.

Akatsuki, on the other hand, was a terrible antagonist group and a lot of things could be done better. It brought us a rather memorable cast of villains but as a whole should never had served as the overarching big bad.

The Naruto and Sasuke rivalry was fine.

It was more of Sasuke's reasons for turning evil stop making sense halfway through the story, and it felt like Kishimoto shoehorned in all that reincarnation bs to keep his theme going.

Quote Originally Posted by KzTxL7 View Post
    I wasn't distracted by Lucy being half naked.

You won this week Fairy Tail.

Quote Originally Posted by zeltrax225 View Post
    Akatsuki, on the other hand, was a terrible antagonist group and a lot of things could be done better. It brought us a rather memorable cast of villains but as a whole should never had served as the overarching big bad.
    Well to me they were awesome while I thought they were mercs who wanted to control the world by way of conflict and shifting balance so that it doesn't end. In a way it was more down to earth, and comparable to real world at the moment.

Too bad it became all about Madara and his desire to create the Matrix because he's Snape gone insane.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

new chapter is out if anyone care

http://mangastream.com/r/boruto/007/3814/1

they changed Momoshiki transformation look from the movie

Quote Originally Posted by spyda View Post
    new chapter is out if anyone care

http://mangastream.com/r/boruto/007/3814/1

they changed Momoshiki transformation look from the movie
    That's odd. I wonder why they changed it.

Sasuke light novel anime adaptation started this week if anyone care

the story is kinda of meh but the animation quality is really good

Boruto Volume 2 cover:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

The King of No Where saringe015's Avatar

If madara is supposed to be a reincarnation of one of the sage's sons then how can sasuke also be that same reincarnation if madara is still alive? Reincarnation implies that a previous version of the reincarnation of the original carnation is dead, or at the very least, the original carnation is deceased for there to be considered a reincarnation to come afterward, so how can sasuke be one if madara is still alive, doesn't that imply that all of sasuke's decisions have nothing to do with predestination at all and are instead just his own shitty decisions he made because he's a shitty person?

Quote Originally Posted by saringe015 View Post
    If madara is supposed to be a reincarnation of one of the sage's sons then how can sasuke also be that same reincarnation if madara is still alive? Reincarnation implies that a previous version of the reincarnation of the original carnation is dead, or at the very least, the original carnation is deceased for there to be considered a reincarnation to come afterward, so how can sasuke be one if madara is still alive, doesn't that imply that all of sasuke's decisions have nothing to do with predestination at all and are instead just his own shitty decisions he made because he's a shitty person?
    Kind of unrelated to your theory but the word is "Incarnation" not "carnation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

You're forgetting that Madara died before Sasuke was born. He was brought back with Edo Tensei during the Fourth Great Ninja War. He didn't stay alive all the way until then, he died but appointed Obito to fulfill Operation Tsukuyomi on his own and eventually revive Madara.

Spoiler:

I can't believe we are talking about this Chakra Reincarnartion BS again after...2 years?

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    I can't believe we are talking about this Chakra Reincarnartion BS again after...2 years?
    The cycle of hatred truly does never end.

Spoiler:

The King of No Where saringe015's Avatar

I thought he died after sasuke was born? Also, doesn't reincarnation imply that the soul that inhabited his body was never his own, but someone else's to begin with? So if he died and then was brought back to life then what about his soul? if it's technically in sasuke then isn't he then a soulless ragdoll monster whose only drive is nothing more than the desires of the previous inhabitant of his body? He would then have none of his own and all his feelings of hatred or affection or whatever it is he feels toward the first be false? Wouldn't he essentially be a nobody? Isn't he Xehanort at that point?

I thought he died after sasuke was born? Also, doesn't reincarnation imply that the soul that inhabited his body was never his own, but someone else's to begin with? So if he died and then was brought back to life then what about his soul? if it's technically in sasuke then isn't he then a soulless ragdoll monster whose only drive is nothing more than the desires of the previous inhabitant of his body? He would then have none of his own and all his feelings of hatred or affection or whatever it is he feels toward the first be false? Wouldn't he essentially be a nobody? Isn't he Xehanort at that point?
    The Third Great Ninja War occurred over ten years before the start of the series. Sasuke is 12 when the series starts, which just barely fits the timeframe.

As for the stuff about reincarnated souls being able to co-exist or not if previous hosts are resurrected, that's a whole other can of beans that writers can execute in various ways. It's such an abstract that you really shouldn't think too hard about it and compare various series who did similar things. This also gets into the subject of if reincarnations are truly their own individuals or not. Personally, I like to believe they are. And if you want to bring Kingdom Hearts into this, that whole series is about advocating that copies or other incarnations of beings, are truly cultivated into being their own individuals and deserve to live and co-exist with their counterparts. So that series is at least arguing that reincarnations are not "soulless rag doll monsters whose only drive is nothing more than the desires of the previous inhabitant of the body", which are the crux of character journeys like Xion and Roxas who are disparaged for supposedly being born without hearts and being labeled as copies of Sora.

All in all, I think we should just acknowledge that Naruto shouldn't never pulled these reincarnation shenanigans, and that Kingdom Hearts shouldn't have incorporated time travel BS into its already needlessly convoluted storyline. These series do not deserve time and effort put into evaluating flawed concepts from incompetent storytellers who sold out. So please save yourself the pain lol.

Spoiler:

Closed Thread

Thread Information