Closed Thread
Page 462 of 500 FirstFirst ... 362 412 452 460 461 462 463 464 472 ... LastLast
Results 9,221 to 9,240 of 10000

Thread: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

Default Re: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption

Remember when which way your chakra swirled due to hair growth seemed like a neat and quirky worldbuilding detail?
    me too

Quote Originally Posted by Ruin View Post
    Remember when which way your chakra swirled due to hair growth seemed like a neat and quirky worldbuilding detail?
    me too
    That was during Rasengan training, wasn't it. It seemed like I imagined it as time passed.

Speaking of Danzo and Root, for a while I fantasized that a ponytail masked dude that had a conversation with Danzo was actually Iruka or maybe Shikaku. it would have added just enough potential conflict among the main cast. Instead of having a couple of bad guys in Konoha (one), we'd have multiple grey personalities with differing views on what's right and wrong and how each should be dealt with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Well in One Piece we didn't hear about the bigwig admirals and Yonko until halfway through Paradise. Given that the first Hokage search was more focused on establishing the Big 3 Shinobi or whatever they're called, I don't think it'd have been useful to add Danzo as well.
    Johnny and Yosaku on the way to Arlong Park did mention a balance of "3 great powers", of which were part the marines/wg and shichibukais, they just didn't mention the third one being yonkous. As for the admirals we could guess there were some big wigs in the already estabilished marines that just weren't named yet.

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yobiyopi View Post
    Johnny and Yosaku on the way to Arlong Park did mention a balance of "3 great powers", of which were part the marines/wg and shichibukais, they just didn't mention the third one being yonkous. As for the admirals we could guess there were some big wigs in the already estabilished marines that just weren't named yet.
    If the logic of the Marines being established excuses the Admirals from seeming like they came out of nowhere, then I don't see why the presence of the Anbu, who have had their existence shown as explained since Haku's introduction in the Land of Waves arc, can't apply to Danzo since he is the mastermind of Anbu division Root. Plus, his whole character is centered around operating covertly behind the shadows and only making contact with his soldiers and the Village Elders, so there was no real reason for Danzo to be introduced until a character relevantly affiliated with the Anbu (Sai) showed up in the story. Especially while Naruto, the protagonist whose eyes and teammates we mainly see the story through, was still an amateur Genin at the time of the story.

But don't get me wrong. As seen with Kaguya's last minute introduction (a character who Kishimoto has even explicitly mentioned that he came up with during the Fourth Shinobi World War, I doubt that Kishimoto even had an idea for a character like Danzo to appear while making Part 1 lol.

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

Speaking of Danzo, I really think that Sasuke should have killed those other 2 elders. They were just one or two steps less awful.

True, but they were just consequentialists. Inconsiderate jerks that favored the ends without having integrity towards the means, yes, but still had the best intentions for the village on their mind.

But if we're on the subject of characters who we wish got killed, I nominate Shizune. I really wish that her soul didn't return from the Pain Invasion after how much of a dick she would act towards never putting proper faith in Naruto. She was a necessary antithesis to emphasize how things could go wrong, but still irked me as a character nonetheless with how she contributed little else besides being a discount medical ninja yet kept bashing Naruto's capabilities after seeing them several times.
    Last edited by Count Mario; August 16th, 2016 at 04:11 PM.

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

http://yonkouprod.com/naruto-author-...ing-next-work/

Hopeful that this is an original, non-shinobi related work. Honestly, I'm just hoping that it'll be fun; even when Naruto was weak story-wise I still had lots of fun with it.

Spoiler:

It might be that ambiguous sci-fi manga idea he's mentioned a couple times while doing Naruto.

Spoiler:

Maybe it will be about Mario, the mob guy.

Togashi part is the most interesting part in that article.

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

I just hope its not going to be a overly long stretched out series. Hell, wouldnt mind it being monthly, for better quality drawings and tighter script hopefully.
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version.

He can make it as long as he desires, I don't care, but please just outline the overall story structure and the important plot points way better beforehand!

Sorry to change the subject but the psychology of the sasuke sakura relationship is madening. I bet if Sakura was a more chill girl that had her own goals and ambitions and didn't change her opinions just to pander to sasuke, he would at the very least respect her more. Sakura is arguably the worst female protagonist I have seen in recent manga history. Sasuke has no reason to be attracted to Sakura. He just smashed to keep the Uchia clan alive and knew that Sakura would be the easiest to help him do it. All he has to do is be romantic with her for one moment and that's it. That's why he can leave and go to world and not have to worry about Sakura being upset. What do you guys think of the whole thing?

Sasuke with anyone is maddening. Also if he wanted super babies he should have knocked up Karin as she was an Uzumaki with delicious bloods. There was even less build up than Naruto and Hinata. Any girl that wanted Sasuke wanted him because he was handsome. Even afyer finding out he was a giant turd sandwich they still wanted him. Saukra should have been with Lee since they were doing crack pairings anyways. Lee at least thought she was worth trying to impress long ago.

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

All these shipping wars are the reason I hope the strawhats stay a family in the end of op, instead of becoming romantically involved.
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    Sasuke with anyone is maddening. Also if he wanted super babies he should have knocked up Karin as she was an Uzumaki with delicious bloods. There was even less build up than Naruto and Hinata. Any girl that wanted Sasuke wanted him because he was handsome. Even afyer finding out he was a giant turd sandwich they still wanted him. Saukra should have been with Lee since they were doing crack pairings anyways. Lee at least thought she was worth trying to impress long ago.

If Sakura was a chill strong girl that knows who she is and doesn't kiss up to Sasuke, he would at least respect him more. Sakura is so vicious and abusive towards Naruto and others. She was very rude and angry with her parents, almost as if she wanted to hold back hitting them. But with Sasuke, she takes anything he does to her. He hasn't done or said anything or given a hint for her at anything point that would make her love him. Usually guys Sauske would show some interest at a certain point or at first to make her love him even if he starts treating her bad afterwards. Sasuke has shown her nothing. I don't understand if Kishimoto is treating this like a joke, an indication that Sakura is mentally ill or in childish fantasy love land, or he just can't do romance. He might be going for the cool jerk that opened up with the girl or charmed her at first which would make her love him even after he starts treating her bad. But that wasn't the case. I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    Omg, just think what kind of kicks and punches Lee and Sakura's kid would pack.

Quote Originally Posted by adster124 View Post
    or he just can't do romance.
    He and many other Shonen writers can't but for what it's worth he's no worse at it than Toriyama, Araki, or Kubo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Due to being relevant to the current discussion, I'm just going to leave this excerpt from an New York Comic Con interview with Kishimoto:

Interviewer:
    "Who is your favorite female character, and why?"

Kishimoto:
    Does this mean within my own Naruto?

Interviewer:
    Yeah.

Kishimoto:
    You know, I'm a little shy having to mention a character that I myself created. Euhm... I guess... Maybe I should say Hinata.
    Yeah, I think I'll go with Hinata.

Interviewer:
    (laughs) "Oh, Naruto-kun."

Translator:
    Why?

Kishimoto: Why?
    Eh... Hmmm... I guess it's because she's not violent at all?

Interviewer:
    (laughs)

Kishimoto:
    Yeah, Sakura... she's kind of a hard woman. (laughs)

Interviewer:
    (laughs) That's Sasuke's problem now.

Kishimoto:
    (laughs) Yeah, you're right.

Interviewer:
    (laughs) He deals with it by not being home.

(everybody laughs)

Oh yeah, Kishimoto confirmed that Orochimaru is immortal and will outlive the rest of the cast. Take that as you will.
    Last edited by Count Mario; August 17th, 2016 at 04:07 PM.

Spoiler:

Well it's not like he's lying
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Closed Thread

Thread Information