Closed Thread
Page 461 of 500 FirstFirst ... 361 411 451 459 460 461 462 463 471 ... LastLast
Results 9,201 to 9,220 of 10000

Thread: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Default Re: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    We'd all like to pretend that didn't happen but plot holes are too damn difficult to ignore that and dropping bridges on characters.

Yeah that was pretty dumb and it's funny how it was completely swept back under the rug with Deidara got brought back to life.
    What's even more funny is that I don't think I remember any panels during the wear where Deidara reacted to Tobi, the idiot partner he had to gruelingly deal with after Sasori died, ending up being a powerful sinister genius tactical mastermind behind the entire war. Who was an Uchiha nonetheless lol. Lots of things got swept under the rug in this manga...

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

I'm re-reading the series at the moment, and I'm about at the Jiraiya vs. Pain fight. The pacing seems better than I remember (not having to wait a week between chapters helps, I guess, and reading it all at once makes it easier to catch foreshadowing), but Sasuke is still an insufferable asshole.

I'm trying to give the character a chance, (along with Naruto and Sakura, who I found annoying in my first read of the series due to them obsessing over someone who was never really much of a friend to them) but it's hard to see why he's even supposed to be likable or redeemable when he says things like "Before an Uchiha, even the greatest of geniuses is worthless" on a pretty regular basis and backstabs his allies for little to no reason.

There definitely seems to be a huge difference between the pre- and post-time-skip chapters, though; after the time-skip, (arguably even during the Rescue Sasuke arc) events like flashbacks or fights seem to be way more dragged out, and the art style seems to be much flatter. It's been brought up a lot, I know, but I wonder what happened.

Also, Sasuke surviving against Deidara is ridiculous.
    Last edited by Megadoomer; August 13th, 2016 at 06:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Megadoomer View Post
    I'm re-reading the series at the moment, and I'm about at the Jiraiya vs. Pain fight. The pacing seems better than I remember (not having to wait a week between chapters helps, I guess, and reading it all at once makes it easier to catch foreshadowing), but Sasuke is still an insufferable asshole.

I'm trying to give the character a chance, (along with Naruto and Sakura, who I found annoying in my first read of the series due to them obsessing over someone who was never really much of a friend to them) but it's hard to see why he's even supposed to be likable or redeemable when he says things like "Before an Uchiha, even the greatest of geniuses is worthless" on a pretty regular basis and backstabs his allies for little to no reason.

There definitely seems to be a huge difference between the pre- and post-time-skip chapters, though; after the time-skip, (arguably even during the Rescue Sasuke arc) events like flashbacks or fights seem to be way more dragged out, and the art style seems to be much flatter. It's been brought up a lot, I know, but I wonder what happened.

In part 1, Sasuke's arrogance is entertaining, especially since he still sometimes fails. When Sasuke fights Naruto, we see flashbacks of Itachi, so from that point on, we are supposed to emphasize with Sasuke since his shit got fucked up beyond repair.
    FMA 03> FMA Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by ShinigamiKing View Post
    In part 1, Sasuke's arrogance is entertaining, especially since he still sometimes fails. When Sasuke fights Naruto, we see flashbacks of Itachi, so from that point on, we are supposed to emphasize with Sasuke since his shit got fucked up beyond repair.
    Empathizing with Sasuke would have only worked if he even apologized for any of his douchbaggery shit. Not a single remorseful scene..Plus with Itachi motivation being unveiled and Sauke actually getting to talk to like 3 different people including Itachi about why Itachi did what he did for the greater good and he still continued to try and kill people who had nothing to do with his tragic past he made it really hard to care.

I completely agree about the Danzo thing. It could have been a nice arc bringing things down to earth a bit, had he stuck around longer. The fact that he had a whole army of Ninja sworn to him that just kinda disappeared after he died still bothers me. I know they threw that line in about how his cursed seals were removed after he died(which contradicts the fact that Orochimaru Horocruxed himself with his seals) but it felt like a cheap way to get on with the war instead of focusing on the Danzo stuff. But I agree, he was a good morally grey villain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

Quote Originally Posted by Md-Martin View Post
    I completely agree about the Danzo thing. It could have been a nice arc bringing things down to earth a bit, had he stuck around longer. The fact that he had a whole army of Ninja sworn to him that just kinda disappeared after he died still bothers me. I know they threw that line in about how his cursed seals were removed after he died(which contradicts the fact that Orochimaru Horocruxed himself with his seals) but it felt like a cheap way to get on with the war instead of focusing on the Danzo stuff. But I agree, he was a good morally grey villain.
    Someon who recognizes the brilliance of Danzo's character. This is a momentous day.

Spoiler:

Moving onto another subject, as cool as Madara was and how far back his existence was hinted at, something always bothered me about the prospect of him being the final villain. That being the fact that he never felt like a personal threat to Naruto or clashed with his ideologies. He was more of villain suited towards Sasuke (Kishimoto even mentioned that Madara was inspired by imagining an aged and darker Sasuke) and the overall Ninja world with his imprint all over history and the grand scheme of the series, but he never felt like a satisfying endgame boss for Naruto's journey as a character, as flawed as it might be. Pain or even Obito felt much more suited for that, but they both defected towards his side. And I'm not even going to mention Kaguya lol.

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

I think that was the trifecta point of suck - Kishimoto throwing away Akatsuki (S-class nins) like they were gum wrappers, huge levels of Uchiha wank, and a battle in a series that had once had grounded ninja tactics pulled out a DBZ style explosion that eats up the whole forest!

Quote Originally Posted by MetaMario View Post
    I think that was the trifecta point of suck - Kishimoto throwing away Akatsuki (S-class nins) like they were gum wrappers, huge levels of Uchiha wank, and a battle in a series that had once had grounded ninja tactics pulled out a DBZ style explosion that eats up the whole forest!
    What also irked me was how the high-end battles of the series became these battles against these titanic behemoth constructs with Susanoos and Bijuu transformations everywhere with huge mountain slices and explosions. It just got repetitive and a bit ridiculous. When Naruto and Sasuke's fight went from that and spamming Rasengan/Chidori/Flame variants to actually fighting hand-to-hand, it felt like such a relief in variety.

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    What also irked me was how the high-end battles of the series became these battles against these titanic behemoth constructs with Susanoos and Bijuu transformations everywhere with huge mountain slices and explosions. It just got repetitive and a bit ridiculous. When Naruto and Sasuke's fight went from that and spamming Rasengan/Chidori/Flame variants to actually fighting hand-to-hand, it felt like such a relief in variety.
    True to the shonen formula, you always get an upgrade in the "flashiness" and power of the battles, but yeah, with Naruto, it just got too ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by MetaMario View Post
    True to the shonen formula, you always get an upgrade in the "flashiness" and power of the battles, but yeah, with Naruto, it just got too ridiculous.

C'mon, you could at least give the animators some credit by showing an unedited version of the fight's quality.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Did Naruto just pull out a Rasenshuriken against a cop lol? Talk about police brutality.

Spoiler:

Danzo's first decree as hokage was "Let's go kill Sasuke." ANd he kept hidden all his secret abilities.

Seems to me like he was the best and most responsible ninja there.

Now, his sharingan arm made no sense, and he *really* should have started retreating before he got down to his last free life, but...

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Kishi actually had a story he wanted to tell and was passionate about it in part one. CHoji and Neji's deaths were great, as was Lee's return and working with Gaara. Then he was convinced to stretch it out, undid their deaths, and stopped caring. It just became a job rather than something he wanted to do... and then it continued for *ten years.*
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Danzo had a lot of potential, but then unfortunately he didn't play any bigger role in the grand scheme of things at all.

I can't remember that well what was the grand scheme, anyway. A never mentioned rabbit goddess wanted an army of naked zetsus to fight another space god thingies that were never mentioned as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Bartholemew Bear View Post
    Danzo had a lot of potential, but then unfortunately he didn't play any bigger role in the grand scheme of things at all.

I can't remember that well what was the grand scheme, anyway. A never mentioned rabbit goddess wanted an army of naked zetsus to fight another space god thingies that were never mentioned as well?
    Kaguya was mentioned all the way back in part one, her status, motives, abilities and being the true mastermind of eye of the moon plan? Not mentioned until way late in part 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Danzo's introduction also felt really random to me. Like, he's this Leaf Village bigwig who's been vying for the Hokage position since forever, but we don't hear about him until almost halfway through series. After we already had a situation where they had to appoint a new Hokage.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Funnily enough Kubo did a tribute as well, although his looks almost like Isshin.

Elemental affinity says hi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    Danzo's introduction also felt really random to me. Like, he's this Leaf Village bigwig who's been vying for the Hokage position since forever, but we don't hear about him until almost halfway through series. After we already had a situation where they had to appoint a new Hokage.
    Well in One Piece we didn't hear about the bigwig admirals and Yonko until halfway through Paradise. Given that the first Hokage search was more focused on establishing the Big 3 Shinobi or whatever they're called, I don't think it'd have been useful to add Danzo as well.

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Well in One Piece we didn't hear about the bigwig admirals and Yonko until halfway through Paradise.
    There was no need for them to be introduced until then. Yes, they're big players in the overarching story, but they didn't really affect the Straw Hats up till that point.

Given that the first Hokage search was more focused on establishing the Big 3 Shinobi or whatever they're called, I don't think it'd have been useful to add Danzo as well.
    Well, maybe they could have been established another way? As it is, Danzo's introduction still feels random and it doesn't make sense that he didn't try to make a move or we didn't at least hear about him during the Tsunade arc.

Closed Thread

Thread Information