Closed Thread
Page 460 of 500 FirstFirst ... 360 410 450 458 459 460 461 462 470 ... LastLast
Results 9,181 to 9,200 of 10000

Thread: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

Default Re: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption

Quote Originally Posted by ShinigamiKing View Post
    Do we ever see any Chunin from the years before the rookie 9 who aren't already Kakashi's age?

What happened to them?

That's an issue a lot of shows have but still. It always feels annoying when that happens.
    Probably dead or quit. We didn't get any info despite there being fairly large ninja families.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinigamiKing View Post
    Lol, this is actually what I meant, I just worded it differently.

But yeah, Naruto's actual path took a backseat in Shippuden, to a point in which it felt like it was forgotten. Shippuden feels like it should have been 1 big arc/saga in the grand scheme of things, not the whole remainder of the show; like, it should have been Naruto's own Whitebeard/Summit War Saga. Imagine if One Piece ended at whitebeard war - like, if Luffy saved Ace, and defied the world government, thus making him pirate king. It would be kinda underwhleming right? Well same thing with Shippuden.

It doesn't help that we don't ever really see or get an idea of how exactly one becomes a hokage - and what I mean by that is that we don't ever see what those hokage did differently than those who didn't, so the viewer doesn't get an idea yet of how exactly Naruto is gonna do it at this point. There's nothing to lead up to like an election or something.

(Oddly enough, that's one of the things One Piece did better over time: they slowly gave you an idea of what it means to be pirate king as the series went on by showing how one has to dominate the seas, hold dominion over territories, acquire a fleet, defy the world government, and most importantly find One Piece. And we see Luffy gradually accomplish most of that, so there's a clear end point that the series is building up to. That isn't the case anymore with naruto shippuden I think).

The hokage felt like too much of simple title by the show's end, which is why we didn't even see Naruto fully becoming hokage - instead we just got some 10 year timeskip where everything happened off screen.

( There's more I need to explain, and I'm probably messing up some parts since I forgot a lot about part 1 and early part 2 over the years so forgive me in advance for any mistakes )
    Hokage is just a title for the "strongest" ninja in each nation. It's a job given by succession, so actual strength isn't the only measure. Jiraiya was stronger than Tsunade but he chose not to become one. She abdicates the throne to Kakashi because Naruto's armless. And Kakashi abdicates once he's good and ready. I think Boruto should fill some of these gaps though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Toto View Post
    Hokage is just a title for the "strongest" ninja in each nation.
    Nope. Hokage is exclusively to the Land of Fire.

Just a minor correction.

Also for Naruto to be armless he has to be missing both arms not just one
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Lol! Semantics. Y'all know what I meant. "Kage" and I won't relent on "armless" as it can describe Naruto post that battle.

I realize that the daimyos/lords were never really showcased, but they lead the country that encompasses the ninja soldier village. Only thing that comes to mind was Team 7 finding the cat of the Fire Lord's wife in like volume 2 or so.

the Fire Lord's just waiting for that damn comet to show up again so they can really get a war started

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Expansion on the Daimyos could have been interesting, but what was really a lost opportunity was the Hidden Mist Village. Its history as the "Bloody Mist" was hyped up since Zabuza was introduced, and yet it ended up being hand waved as a chess piece by Obito with little other attention given to it. And by the time that we finally got to see it for all of its gloriously corrupt glory, it already had a morally decent Kage in charge. An arc centered around that would have made for an excellent portrayal of the criticism of the traditionally heartless ninja system.

But talking about the lost opportunities of Naruto would literally take up a whole week lol.

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Toto View Post
    Lol! Semantics. Y'all know what I meant. "Kage" and I won't relent on "armless" as it can describe Naruto post that battle.
    A better term would've been "disarmed" but I could understand if the pun was a bit too dark.
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    Expansion on the Daimyos could have been interesting, but what was really a lost opportunity was the Hidden Mist Village. Its history as the "Bloody Mist" was hyped up since Zabuza was introduced, and yet it ended up being hand waved as a chess piece by Obito with little other attention given to it. And by the time that we finally got to see it for all of its gloriously corrupt glory, it already had a morally decent Kage in charge. An arc centered around that would have made for an excellent portrayal of the criticism of the traditionally heartless ninja system..
    I think Weekly Manga Recap touched on this - the Zabuza arc was so great because it showed that kids running around playing ninja was not all fun and games, and how the Mist did things was so wildly different to how the Leaf picked their ninja. It made Naruto the manga step out to be something more, and there was some nifty worldbuilding thrown in too.

When I was younger - watching Naruto on Toonami and playing Clash of Ninja 2 - I would always want to skip through Land of Waves to get to the Chuunin Exams faster, but I recently reread the arc one day in B&N, and it's still great.

But to quote Naruto: "Obito was the coolest guy!!!1"

Quote Originally Posted by Ruin View Post
    the Fire Lord's just waiting for that damn comet to show up again so they can really get a war started

Quote Originally Posted by MetaMario View Post
    I think Weekly Manga Recap touched on this - the Zabuza arc was so great because it showed that kids running around playing ninja was not all fun and games, and how the Mist did things was so wildly different to how the Leaf picked their ninja. It made Naruto the manga step out to be something more, and there was some nifty worldbuilding thrown in too.

When I was younger - watching Naruto on Toonami and playing Clash of Ninja 2 - I would always want to skip through Land of Waves to get to the Chuunin Exams faster, but I recently reread the arc one day in B&N, and it's still great.

But to quote Naruto: "Obito was the coolest guy!!!1"
    Oh God, Clash of Ninja. So much nostalgia just rushed back to me lol, thanks. I completely agree though.

You know, Danzo wanted to become Hokage just like Obito. Man, why did such a cool guy have to be bullied by Sasuke?

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

^ To give people more of reason to insist Sasuke deserved a punishment that didn't fit the crime.

Being serious for a second, Danzo's probably the most hilariously written character in all of Naruto. Like, I literally can't help but laugh my ass off whenever I think about everything that transpired due to him and how all of his potential as an antagonist amounted to in the Kage Summit arc right after being appointed as the prime Hokage candidate. Not to mention the last minute flashback that suddenly makes people actually argue that the man was a sympathetic hero despite not having any traces of compassion or ethics left in how cowardly manipulative he was. Everything about Danzo drives me hysterical, especially since he's probably the most underrated villain in the series.

Spoiler:

Danzo had some good ideas

This post from another forum sums up everything about how entertainingly written Danzo's character was:

Spoiler:

If Danzo's character wasn't killed off so prematurely and went on to become a major, if not even the main antagonist, then he would have provided an excellent parallel to Naruto's character theme of being the ungifted student and guiding the people as Hokage in a corrupt fashion that's actually way more subtle and not as copy and paste as Obito. He could have been this series equivalent of Blackbeard in terms of being a character that actually embodies the real life corrupt nature and system of ninjas to BB's characteristic pirate image and behavior.

But no, despite how despicable, slimy, and hypocritical of a Machiavellian manipulative coward he was, Kishi has the gall to let his last thoughts and flashback some left-turn "redeemability" and "sympathy" in honestly believing he was benefitting the Hidden Leaf. And the anime actually plays out his suicide with this cheesy noble music playing. It's freaking hilarious, and I can somehow legitimately respect how depraved this guy is for sticking to his deluded philosophies to the very end.

And the cherry on top is how little of an effect he has on the series despite almost becoming Hokage. Completely forgotten after that arc with no more relevance, not even brought back as an Edo Tensei or playing being weighed in Sasuke's endgame sentence/misdeeds for murdering an acting Hokage, no matter how corrupt they were. He has his hands everywhere throughout the major events of the story from the Akatsuki's origin with the Sannin to Orochimaru and to the Uchiha Clan massacre, and any trace of him disappears off the Earth like a table stain wiped off with a bit of Oxiclean. This character is so funnily entertaining to me, you have no idea. It's Kishimoto at his finest.
    Last edited by Count Mario; August 12th, 2016 at 10:33 PM.

Spoiler:

I don't know why people make it seem Naruto beats people by talking them down it's almost as if his whooping Haku's, Kiba's, Neiji's, Gaara's, Kabuto's, Hidan's,Kakazu's,Pain's,Edo Tensei Raikage's,and Obito's asses never happened.

It's moreso the fact that a bunch of those you mentioned (Zabuza, Neji, Gaara, Pain, and Obito off the top of my head, but there might even be more) converted to his ideologies at the end of the fight and eventually become allies rather than being allowed to process it more longer after their defeat. Most of those individual cases are written nicely and even beautifully, but you have to understand how repetitive it can feel when every execution/process feels similar. Changing your life's ideology to adhere to the victor's after losing one battle on a consistent basis isn't exactly, well, realistic or creative. It's cool that Naruto as a character is willing to influence other eloquently through raw passion expressed in wise words rather than just fists, but it can at least be varied up in execution.

And he didn't fight Hidan. I don't think they even met or had eye contact lol.
    Last edited by Count Mario; August 13th, 2016 at 09:52 AM.

Spoiler:

And he didn't fight Hidan. I don't think they even met or had eye contact lol.
    Sorry I got my Akatsuki members messed up I meant that cheap POS Deidara.

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Sorry I got my Akatsuki members messed up I meant that cheap POS Deidara.
    No biggie lol. Personally, Deidara was actually one of or even my favorite Akatsuki member due to his personality, design, and how creatively Kishimoto conceived his powers just based off of making a pun on claymore. And his fight with Sasuke was one of the best in the manga (I'm pretending that Sasuke's WIS save with Manda didn't happen). My main gripe though was how he got bloodlust towards the Uchiha shoved onto his character out of nowhere and died just to give Sasuke some battle cred despite giving Gaara and Team 7 a run for their money respectively with little impact on the story.
    Last edited by Count Mario; August 12th, 2016 at 11:19 PM.

Spoiler:

(I'm pretending that Sasuke's WIS save with Manda didn't happen)
    We'd all like to pretend that didn't happen but plot holes are too damn difficult to ignore that and dropping bridges on characters.

My main gripe though was how he got bloodlust towards the Uchiha shoved onto his character out of nowhere and died just to give Sasuke some battle cred despite giving Gaara and Team 7 a run for their money respectively with little impact on the story.
    Yeah that was pretty dumb and it's funny how it was completely swept back under the rug with Deidara got brought back to life.

Closed Thread

Thread Information