Closed Thread
Page 454 of 500 FirstFirst ... 354 404 444 452 453 454 455 456 464 ... LastLast
Results 9,061 to 9,080 of 10000

Thread: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

Default Re: Bork Bork Borkuto Thread XI: Art is subjective

^ Given the circumstances of his life it's understandable why he seldom smiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

You guys are complaining about his lack of smiles, but I was honestly just happy to see him and Sarada being closer and on pretty good terms with each other compared to her short story.

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3762-9083

Just read the two chapters.

How is it possible that I hate Boruto more than Naruto and Sasuke combined? Damn what an awful kid.
    Hidden:

Quote Originally Posted by Femme View Post

How is it possible that I hate Boruto more than Naruto and Sasuke combined? Damn what an awful kid.
    He's definitely an ungrateful brat. Naruto had the excuse of being hated "somehow" pretty much at the start of his life and orphaned. Sasuke's clan was pretty messed up and he watched his brother orphan him. Naruto isn't trying to neglect his family but his job is pretty forkin important. I even preferred Salads' story compared to this. She was not nearly as annoying.

Salad is light years ahead of Boruto in terms of personality.

Boruto's acting like a whiny little shit. Jeez, usually authors make the main character generally amicable in some shape or form, why would Kishi choose to make us hate him from the get go?

Edit: just realized that this is written by other people. Well they're definitely channeling their inner Kishi.
    Last edited by Femme; June 6th, 2016 at 10:55 PM.
    Hidden:

The more annoying a character is at the beginning, the easier it is to make him grow.

I guess Bolt's behavior is somewhat understandable, considering he's still a snot nosed brat. And at least this author is bothering with the reason why things are the way they are. Kishi just slapped roles on characters and never bothered with explaining how Naruto survived, who fed him, who bought him clothes, why the fucking fuck nobody told him who his parents were, why the fuck didn't he live better considering who he was and considering the ultimate sacrifice his parents made to save Konoha. Who took care of Sasuke. How come he didn't have a figure like Iruka in his life. Anyone? Sakura's non existing parents, who still fail to make an appearance in manga. Idk, give Salad some grandparents to spoil her a little. How about a family lunch with Sasuke, where his mother in law purposely cooks a steak, even though Sasuke is one armed?

But yeah, at least he's trying to give some context. Anything is better than what Kishi did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

To be fair the kicker with Boruto was that he was sending Shadow Clones to do family stuff while the real one was sitting in the Hokage's office doing paperwork. And then after he promised he would go to his daughters birthday it was also a clone.

I really hate that they're doing the Dragon Ball Super approach for the movie-to-manga.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

It's good to give the Main Character some flaws in the beginning, but I can't think of any other manga where I really disliked the MC from chapter 1 and continued to read because of secondary characters.

That and I'm not a fan of making the MC a whiny troublemaker who acts out for attention. Naruto was exactly that, but at least Naruto had a reason. Boruto is a spoiled attention-seeking brat, which is even less appealing. He has no redeeming qualities, none. He's ambitious to learn from Sasuke cuz.. He wants to defeat his father? >_> what the hell is that?

And Naruto being away from his family is really no reason for Boruto to resent his father this much. His father is the freaking Hokage! Kids generally don't grow to resent their successful, hard-working fathers who are widely loved and respected leaders, and who generally Try to be there for them. Sure they miss them and wish they were around more, but they at least understand the unique position their family is in.

It's not like Naruto leaves Konoha for months at a time and comes back to visit for one day before leaving again
    Hidden:

So bee is killed in chapter 2? Damn it I liked that guy
    Is that woman random bonney girl final boss sister ?

Quote Originally Posted by firelord111 View Post
    Is that woman random bonney girl final boss sister ?
    Well, they are related.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Femme View Post

That is because he is Naruto and Sasuke combined.

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

How creatively bankrupt do they have to be, to just recycle the plot of the movie for months to come and just cash in on movie storyboards, lol. xD
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version.

The movie rehash works for me because I wasn't going to see it anyways.

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

Doesn't change the fact that this is a total cheap move, instead of having the new ppl actually try to tell a new story from the start.
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version.

Same here. I tried watching The Last, got sleepy when Hinata went away with Toneri, went to bed and never felt the urge to see how it ends. Then again, Naruto movies were always an overproduced crap with a couple of good scenes here and there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk like a boss

Is this a Fairy Tail thread, too? What the hell is going on in Fairy Tail? It's everywhere on Tumblr.

Something about Gajeel dying. Did he actually die or what? In Fairy Tail all of the deaths are temporary at most, but I'm seeing it everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Kizuchan View Post
    Is this a Fairy Tail thread, too? What the hell is going on in Fairy Tail? It's everywhere on Tumblr.

Something about Gajeel dying. Did he die for real or what? In Fairy Tail all of the deaths are temporary at most, but I'm seeing it everywhere.
    He got sucked into an underworld portal of doom.

I suppose the people you're seeing are GaLe shippers.

Ah, considering the huge buzz I thought Mashima actually grew some balls.

About Naruto having to work hard... What exactly has he to do that actually justifies him working 24/7? Isn't the world supposed to be at peace due to him being the saviour? Wasn't that the reason why Tenten was bored in her final panel? Therefore, shouldn't the structures and treaties be well established by now?

So, how can it be that Naruto has so much workload which he cannot delegate? Sure, there is some workload, but nothing that remotely justifies Naruto's neglection of his family... especially with Shikamaru around.

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    He got sucked into an underworld portal of doom.

I suppose the people you're seeing are GaLe shippers.
    Ship has sailed a while ago.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Bartholemew Bear View Post
    About Naruto having to work hard... What exactly has he to do that actually justifies him working 24/7? Isn't the world supposed to be at peace due to him being the saviour? Wasn't that the reason why Tenten was bored in her final panel? Therefore, shouldn't the structures and treaties be well established by now?

So, how can it be that Naruto has so much workload which he cannot delegate? Sure, there is some workload, but nothing that remotely justifies Naruto's neglection of his family... especially with Shikamaru around.
    I guess they haven't invented bureaucracy yet?

With a little luck, maybe we'll get something resembling an explanation and elaboration of Naruto's duties. Probably not.

Seriously, I cannot even imagine what the world of Naruto looks like now. Especially with the five main nations being BFF now, what are the actual conflicts in the world? Aside from these new enemies who lurked in the shadows until the beginning of the new story, anyway... What are actually the threats the ninjas had to deal with?

Closed Thread

Thread Information