Closed Thread
Page 453 of 500 FirstFirst ... 353 403 443 451 452 453 454 455 463 ... LastLast
Results 9,041 to 9,060 of 10000

Thread: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

Default Re: Bork Bork Borkuto Thread XI: Art is subjective

Earthquake, Robby, I think you're in fundamental agreement, and just talked past each other. This whole thing smells kinda like a semantics argument; "if art can be judged objectively, how can it be subjective?" and so the discussion goes.

Perhaps a slight modification clears things up?

Peoples engagement with/enjoyment of art is subjective.

Naruto's quality is not.

You would think that the anime version would do a better job with the art but they normally do a worse job than the manga lol.
    Spoiler:

I know people dump on the artwork for the Shippuden episode 167 a lot, but Wakabayashi's Naruto vs. Pain fight was so bizarre and full-on Looney Tunes that it was actually delightful.

It was so unlike the endless, static bore that is Naruto.

BEST! BREAST!! CON-TEST!!! dirt monkey AL's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sanji''s_dad View Post
    you would think that the anime version would do a better job with the art but they normally do a worse job than the manga lol.
    Spoiler:
    how can you bash art
    Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    And when this manga closes out, and Luffy's arm stretches back to deliver that last punch, I wanna feel the crunch of the dream coming true.

Quote Originally Posted by Femme View Post
    FALLACY guys. FALLACY EVERYWHERE. Hide your kids, hide your wife, Fallacy's raping everybody out there.
    Do you actually have anything to say? I realize you only have about half the brain cells so you might not have the brain power to actually say anything that matters.

Roby, I like how you just ignored my entire post even though i had the courtesy to write that to explain.

I'm make sure to give you same courtesy in return.

Quote Originally Posted by Earthquake View Post
    Do you actually have anything to say? I realize you only have about half the brain cells so you might not have the brain power to actually say anything that matters.
    That wasn't nice.

For the record that was my silly attempt to make this dude realize that he should stop, this discussion was going nowhere.
    Guess I should be honest next time :P

Now we can discuss the enlightening figure that is Boruto in peace.
    Hidden:

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

I think one of Naruto's greatest moments was in Vol. 49 or such when Raikage rightly bitches at Naruto for wanting to save Sasuke and said the shinobi world does not suffer fools. That was great and could have improved the series if Naruto had actually taken his advice and in the end he had to kill Sasuke because he's a criminal and a bitch. But instead he takes a giant dump on it by saying he will let Sasuke do whatever he wants until the time is right and they can take each other down. That's got to be the worst idea I've ever seen.

But otherwise, I mostly liked Naruto Part 2: I liked its fight sequences and (surprise) art. I started wholly disliking it around Ch. 600 when the fights got overly complex and devoid of strategy, the same message of friendship being hammered every chapter, Kishimoto making Madara too strong to beat and beating him with a literal god only mentioned once before, then finally the final NaruSasu battle in which severed arms help Sasuke return to the light, where he faces no repercussions for his actions at all.

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    I think one of Naruto's greatest moments was in Vol. 49 or such when Raikage rightly bitches at Naruto for wanting to save Sasuke and said the shinobi world does not suffer fools. That was great and could have improved the series if Naruto had actually taken his advice and in the end he had to kill Sasuke because he's a criminal and a bitch. But instead he takes a giant dump on it by saying he will let Sasuke do whatever he wants until the time is right and they can take each other down. That's got to be the worst idea I've ever seen.
    Trying to kidnap Hinata after just having made peace with the Leaf like the Cloud did and then demanding compensation via the body of her father under threat of reigniting the conflict with the leaf with the Leaf actually acquiescing to their demands wasn't much better. It also makes the Raikage's comments about the ninja world not suffering fools ring hollow and hypocritical.....of course Kishimoto swept this fact under the rug and the fans that praise his comments ignore that for some reason.
    Last edited by Green_vs_Red; May 31st, 2016 at 08:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    But otherwise, I mostly liked Naruto Part 2: I liked its fight sequences and (surprise) art. I started wholly disliking it around Ch. 600 when the fights got overly complex and devoid of strategy, the same message of friendship being hammered every chapter, Kishimoto making Madara too strong to beat and beating him with a literal god only mentioned once before, then finally the final NaruSasu battle in which severed arms help Sasuke return to the light, where he faces no repercussions for his actions at all.
    I missed some of those dynamic angles from part 1 in most of the fights from part 2.

And I also missed knowing what the fuck was going on during the finals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

BEST! BREAST!! CON-TEST!!! dirt monkey AL's Avatar

I apparently missed out on some really stupid shit - but I really don't want to catch up from what ... back from 2012?

eeeugh ... choices ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    And when this manga closes out, and Luffy's arm stretches back to deliver that last punch, I wanna feel the crunch of the dream coming true.

Quote Originally Posted by Mumbo View Post
    I know people dump on the artwork for the Shippuden episode 167 a lot, but Wakabayashi's Naruto vs. Pain fight was so bizarre and full-on Looney Tunes that it was actually delightful.

It was so unlike the endless, static bore that is Naruto.
    Finally someone that gets it.

Plus it feels a little bit weird to focus the fault of facial contortions...... when its a fight between a tailed monster that has been split from a giant tree fed off the bodies of local villagers VS a dead corpse being controlled by someone inside a paper tree that was manipulated by a shadow and trained by a frog sage.

I'm just saying that of all the absurdities in that scene....animation is on the bottom of the list lol

My favorite part was Pain rollerskating and then running like Roadrunner.

And when he pretended he was a nail.

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    My favorite part was Pain rollerskating and then running like Roadrunner.

And when he pretended he was a nail.
    Lets not forget skimming Stones Pains.

Spoiler:
    Did they killed Bee in the movie as well?

http://readms.com/r/boruto/002/3445/1

So I read the 2nd chapter of Boruto. It's funny when Konohamaru is trying to impart to Boruto just how difficult it is to learn the rasengan so he uses the fourth as his example of how long it takes to master. Yeah, can't use Naruto as the example because he mastered this super complex technique in a couple days. Boruto still knocked it out of the park though. I was surprised that Sasuke still took him on even after he saw him use the scientific tech. I'm not sure whether this is going the "ninja art is a sacred thing that shouldn't be undercut by science" or "advance is inevitable and should be embraced" route. Naruto clearly doesn't like it, Konohamaru and others do, so it might be a generational split.

Oh my... Bee didn't talk, these new authors don't like rhythms.
    Nothing exists; even if something exists, nothing can be known about it. Even if something can be known about it,
    knowledge about it can't be communicated to others
    . Even if it can be communicated, it cannot be understood.

I was more enjoying the art the second time around. Guess it took some getting use to, though I stand by my point that Kishi's art was superior.

Sucks that they are telling the movie story though..bleh.

Quote Originally Posted by KzTxL7 View Post
    I wasn't distracted by Lucy being half naked.

You won this week Fairy Tail.

Seeing the ninja world affected by new tech is something else. That and Boruto's training gets my attention more than "Kaguya-looking bad guys doing something evil" (wait I thought all of the tailed beasts were gone? I need a refresher).

For god's sake Sasuke, smile once in a while, you emotionless sponge. What did Sakura ever see in you?

Geez, never though Sasuke could be even more anemic than he was before. I think the author went the wrong way with his personality. He's basically using Itachi as a template to grown up Sasuke. Sasuke who is well over 30 and has a wife and kid, has friends, hasn't killed his entire family, works for the good guys...

Yeah, a smile would be good.

Closed Thread

Thread Information