Closed Thread
Page 450 of 500 FirstFirst ... 350 400 440 448 449 450 451 452 460 ... LastLast
Results 8,981 to 9,000 of 10000

Thread: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

  1. #8981

    Default Re: Volume 82 Predictions/Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by puffing.cinema View Post
    ...

    ...your point being? he was popular nonetheless.
    Oh ok so you're under the impression that popularity equals quality. Even in the case of creepy super specific popularity.
    Well I dunno, let's check with the original guy and see if he's into that sort of thing. A thing entirely incidental to plot or character writing.

    it's subjective and you didn't put an argument, so I'll leave at this.
    Naruto Part 2 is objectively bad. Sorry.

    the little part of the community that I talk with felt the same about this scene in particular, but whatevs.
    Would you continue breathing if you found out it was unpopular? lol at accusing me of not putting in arguments when literally everything you keep saying is "IT POPULAR".

  2. #8982
    Desire's Bland Moon puffing.cinema's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    side by side with your tears

    Default Re: Volume 82 Predictions/Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    Oh ok so you're under the impression that popularity equals quality. Even in the case of creepy super specific popularity.
    Well I dunno, let's check with the original guy and see if he's into that sort of thing. A thing entirely incidental to plot or character writing.
    No, I'm not. If you go past a few posts, you'll see that what I meant was that Deidara is both charismatic and popular, which makes him one of the few good surprises of Nardo: Time Skip Made It Actually Worse. If he is well written or not, if he deserves that or not, it is not what I'm saying...you presumed that on your own. I'm just saying that, when it comes to the manga community, he is usually well liked and that he is, somehow, charismatic (a trait not many characters created after the time skip can claim).

    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    Naruto Part 2 is objectively bad. Sorry.
    I do agree with that. With a few exceptions, Jiraya's death being one of those.

    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    Would you continue breathing if you found out it was unpopular? lol at accusing me of not putting in arguments when literally everything you keep saying is "IT POPULAR".
    you got it all wrong, the "particular moment" I was talking about in that sentence is Jiraya's death...

    about Deidara: Oh, I believe he is popular. If you go back to the popularity pools the editors occasionaly throw in the magazine, you'll see that he ranks quite high. According to Narutopedia, he ranked 3rd in the first popularity rank after his debut; and, in the last pool made, he ranked 6th. A character that doesn't have a lot of screentime and is into the top 10...well, this sounds like a popular character to me.

  3. #8983

    Default Re: Volume 82 Predictions/Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by puffing.cinema View Post
    No, I'm not. If you go past a few posts, you'll see that what I meant was that Deidara is both charismatic and popular,
    So a false claim, and then a popularity argument. Not so different.
    If he is well written or not, if he deserves that or not, it is not what I'm saying...you presumed that on your own. I'm just saying that, when it comes to the manga community, he is usually well liked and that he is, somehow, charismatic (a trait not many characters created after the time skip can claim).
    I'm not saying he's good because he's popular, I'm just saying he's good because he's popular.
    about Deidara: Oh, I believe he is popular. If you go back to the popularity pools the editors occasionaly throw in the magazine, you'll see that he ranks quite high. According to Narutopedia, he ranked 3rd in the first popularity rank after his debut; and, in the last pool made, he ranked 6th. A character that doesn't have a lot of screentime and is into the top 10...well, this sounds like a popular character to me.
    I don't know if you were there at the time, but yeah it was definitely because of weird yaoi girls.

  4. #8984
    Desire's Bland Moon puffing.cinema's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    side by side with your tears

    Default Re: Volume 82 Predictions/Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    So a false claim, and then a popularity argument. Not so different.
    hahaha, what? I said "part 02 had a great moment for Sakura. it is generally a dreadful thing, but there's some nice little things" -> you went with "Deidara sucks" -> I'm like "he might sucks, but I meant to say that he is charismatic and popular" -> you "his fans are weird girls, yaoi" -> "alright, but that doesn't make him less popular" -> then you out of nowhere assumed that I think that 'popularity = quality', which I don't. And now you said my claim that he is popular/charismatic is false (from what I got, because you think so) and that's where we stand...ok, I guess.

    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    I'm not saying he's good because he's popular, I'm just saying he's good because he's popular.
    I can't explain why he is those things, I just think he is based on what I said last post (fanfics, fanarts, rank in official popularity pools).

    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    I don't know if you were there at the time, but yeah it was definitely because of weird yaoi girls.
    allright, some girls like yaoi and you classified then as weird. They like Deidara. How do these two statements go against the things I said...? Sorry, I fail to see it.

  5. #8985
    Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

    Default Re: Volume 82 Predictions/Discussion

    Sorry Monkey King, but the fact that you think Naruto is bad after Search for Tsunade does not make it objectively bad. Something like that is simple opinion.


    Spoiler:

  6. #8986
    I Like Video Game Music hosemisnuba's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    United States

    Default Re: Volume 82 Predictions/Discussion

    Nardo is objectively bad. When you can't even maintain a central theme (Part 1: Hard work and dedication can make you strong vs Part 2: Naruto Jesus), you know the work damnably awful. The only time Naruto was decent was when it was taking inspiration from Hunter x Hunter, but after that, it was disgusting. Things like Tobito being "a cool guy", armadillo penises, and a Moon Rabbit Goddess as final villain attest to this reality.

  7. #8987
    King of Little Sisters ~ Chrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Still trying to climb Wano's waterfall

    Default Re: Volume 82 Predictions/Discussion

    When was Naruto influenced by HxH? Just curious about it. Though this has nothing to do with One Piece volume 82 and the discussion should be moved somewhere else...

  8. #8988

    Default Re: Volume 82 Predictions/Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Sorry Monkey King, but the fact that you think Naruto is bad after Search for Tsunade does not make it objectively bad. Something like that is simple opinion.
    Make a wiki page about it for people who give a damn about what you have to say lol.

  9. #8989

    Default Re: Volume 82 Predictions/Discussion

    yeah, people taking the relativist approach are annoying. Contrary to popular belief, art is actually objective. And the same applies for literary works, graphic novels, and every other field that is encompassed by the artistic community. Kishimato's writing is just terribad.

    Subjective would be someone preferring GITS over Berserks medieval fantasy.

  10. #8990

    Default Re: Volume 82 Predictions/Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Sorry Monkey King, but the fact that you think Naruto is bad after Search for Tsunade does not make it objectively bad. Something like that is simple opinion.
    Actually, it's documented fact. Naruto is objectively bad, this is not an opinion.

    In terms of art degradation, characterization, plot and theme, it completely fell apart on every literary level.

    Not just a "I personally hated this development" sort of opinon, but a "this actively contradicts the message and world-building of the first half of the series" fact.

    And there's zero debating that the art degraded immensely after the timeskip.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Chrior View Post
    When was Naruto influenced by HxH? Just curious about it.
    He ripped off a lot of powers and designs, and then randomly in part 2 he introudced an essential part of ninja training that should have been done in their first week instead of their fourth year that was cribbed entirely from the nen test, among other things.
    Last edited by Robby; May 27th, 2016 at 10:03 PM. Reason: of course by the end, part 2 ended up being 3/4 of the series, so its not even the first "half" thats good anymore
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

    Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

  11. #8991
    Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

    Default Re: Volume 82 Predictions/Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Earthquake View Post
    yeah, people taking the relativist approach are annoying. Contrary to popular belief, art is actually objective. And the same applies for literary works, graphic novels, and every other field that is encompassed by the artistic community. Kishimato's writing is just terribad.

    Subjective would be someone preferring GITS over Berserks medieval fantasy.
    Then why have art, literary works, and comics all changed drastically over the years if there's only objective standards for them that can't be changed? I for one think Naruto's art was better after the time skip, Part 1's seemed kind of rough around the edges. And I don't see how my pov is discredited by a blanket statement of what is good and what is bad. I fail to see how art cannot be subjective based on each person's sense of aesthetics.


    Spoiler:

  12. #8992

    Default Re: Volume 82 Predictions/Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Then why have art, literary works, and comics all changed drastically over the years if there's only objective standards for them that can't be changed? I for one think Naruto's art was better after the time skip, Part 1's seemed kind of rough around the edges. And I don't see how my pov is discredited by a blanket statement of what is good and what is bad. I fail to see how art cannot be subjective based on each person's sense of aesthetics.
    Your points are sound in a general meaning, except this is Naruto in discussion here and it simply doesn't apply there.
    There is simply no debating the matter that Part 2 Naruto is bad. It is bad.
    In fact I suggest you be taken down immediately from your position as a ranking member of the One Piece wiki over your apparent brain damage in thinking Part 2 had better art. You simply can't be trusted to handle information of any kind, its probably not your fault but it is what it is.

  13. #8993
    Discovered Stowaway andre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Mt. GOATmore

    Default Re: Volume 82 Predictions/Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    Oh ok so you're under the impression that popularity equals quality. Even in the case of creepy super specific popularity.
    Well I dunno, let's check with the original guy and see if he's into that sort of thing. A thing entirely incidental to plot or character writing.



    Naruto Part 2 is objectively bad. Sorry.



    Would you continue breathing if you found out it was unpopular? lol at accusing me of not putting in arguments when literally everything you keep saying is "IT POPULAR".
    Quote Originally Posted by hosemisnuba View Post
    Nardo is objectively bad. When you can't even maintain a central theme (Part 1: Hard work and dedication can make you strong vs Part 2: Naruto Jesus), you know the work damnably awful. The only time Naruto was decent was when it was taking inspiration from Hunter x Hunter, but after that, it was disgusting. Things like Tobito being "a cool guy", armadillo penises, and a Moon Rabbit Goddess as final villain attest to this reality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthquake View Post
    yeah, people taking the relativist approach are annoying. Contrary to popular belief, art is actually objective. And the same applies for literary works, graphic novels, and every other field that is encompassed by the artistic community. Kishimato's writing is just terribad.

    Subjective would be someone preferring GITS over Berserks medieval fantasy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Actually, it's documented fact. Naruto is objectively bad, this is not an opinion.

    In terms of art degradation, characterization, plot and theme, it completely fell apart on every literary level.

    Not just a "I personally hated this development" sort of opinon, but a "this actively contradicts the message and world-building of the first half of the series" fact.

    And there's zero debating that the art degraded immensely after the timeskip.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---



    He ripped off a lot of powers and designs, and then randomly in part 2 he introudced an essential part of ninja training that should have been done in their first week instead of their fourth year that was cribbed entirely from the nen test, among other things.
    Yeah, this is obnoxious. All of it. I get what you're trying to say, but it's semi-wrong. Art can be objective, when based on a subjective criteria. Whatever criteria is seemingly in place in the Western literary world, eastern, wherever, doesn't extend to the whole of existence and that's what objective is.

    I've been here long enough to see this happen whenever someone mentions they might have any interest in Naruto and while it's cool that a lot of you guys want to look out for any given members and keep them from from reading "crap," I'd love to see the page count for the threads that have turned to incessant Naruto bashing. It's as old as Togashi Dragon Quest jokes and probably more stale.

    The idea that all art is objectively judged is extremely erroneous and mad pretentious as well. Find me the system used to judge art and the scientific verification or else you're all just puffing out your chest.

    This isn't me saying that Naruto is good to me, but if it's good to some people or a lot of people, that's fine.

  14. #8994

    Default Re: Volume 82 Predictions/Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    Yeah, this is obnoxious. All of it. I get what you're trying to say, but it's semi-wrong. Art can be objective, when based on a subjective criteria. Whatever criteria is seemingly in place in the Western literary world, eastern, wherever, doesn't extend to the whole of existence and that's what objective is.

    I've been here long enough to see this happen whenever someone mentions they might have any interest in Naruto and while it's cool that a lot of you guys want to look out for any given members and keep them from from reading "crap," I'd love to see the page count for the threads that have turned to incessant Naruto bashing. It's as old as Togashi Dragon Quest jokes and probably more stale.

    The idea that all art is objectively judged is extremely erroneous and mad pretentious as well. Find me the system used to judge art and the scientific verification or else you're all just puffing out your chest.

    This isn't me saying that Naruto is good to me, but if it's good to some people or a lot of people, that's fine.
    Jesus fucking christ, this is the Volume 82 thread. If you want to talk about this go make the "Naruto is bad but actually" thread your own self. This is not the place to make this discussion.

  15. #8995

    Default Re: Volume 82 Predictions/Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    Your points are sound in a general meaning, except this is Naruto in discussion here and it simply doesn't apply there.
    There is simply no debating the matter that Part 2 Naruto is bad. It is bad.
    In fact I suggest you be taken down immediately from your position as a ranking member of the One Piece wiki over your apparent brain damage in thinking Part 2 had better art. You simply can't be trusted to handle information of any kind, its probably not your fault but it is what it is.
    We love One Piece enough to create an account on this forum. Discuss and analyze every day after or during work. Like it requires some degree in history, literature or politic. Typing insults behind our computer while it's sunny outside. I mean...some of us have been here every day for years. We are addicted fans.
    Do you guys actually think that we are sane enough to tell someone what's objectively good or bad ?
    That's hilarious!

  16. #8996

    Default Re: Volume 82 Predictions/Discussion



    It's impossible for art to be objectivly bad guys, stop trying to quantify naruto!
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

  17. #8997
    Discovered Stowaway andre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Mt. GOATmore

    Default Re: Volume 82 Predictions/Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    Jesus fucking christ, this is the Volume 82 thread. If you want to talk about this go make the "Naruto is bad but actually" thread your own self. This is not the place to make this discussion.
    What a clever retort.

  18. #8998

    Default Re: Volume 82 Predictions/Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    https://robsimple.files.wordpress.co...in-america.jpg

    It's impossible for art to be objectivly bad guys, stop trying to quantify naruto!
    That chest, lol.
    Even Tsunade would be proud^^
    UnrevealedVegapunk/Ryokugyu/Loki/Rocks/Im-san
    IslandElbaf/Raftel/GodValley
    UnresolvedWeevil´s plan/Explaining DFs/Deal with Kuma-Bonney´s past/Joy-Boy/Zunisha´s story/Rocks flashback/Void Century/Rioponeglyph/Uranus/the D.clan
    DFWind/Metal/Wood/Acid/Liquid/Time-Stop

  19. #8999
    Ship Surfer The Tenth Strawhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Gorilla glued to Sunny

    Default Re: Volume 82 Predictions/Discussion

    My god... All I said was that I got into Naruto through One Piece, then when I come back, there's an argument about Naruto. I didn't mean for this to happen, I was just sharing my personal thoughts on the series because of a picture. This is my fault. I'm sorry, I'll never bring up Naruto in the AP Forums ever again, ever.

    Now that we're back on the topic of the thread, I feel that the stars of the cover will be the Road Poneglyph, Luffy (obviously), Big Mom, Sanji and the Minks.

    With Jinbei somewhere in the corner
    The face of a Straw Hat.

  20. #9000

    Default Re: Volume 82 Predictions/Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    Yeah, this is obnoxious. All of it. I get what you're trying to say, but it's semi-wrong. Art can be objective, when based on a subjective criteria. Whatever criteria is seemingly in place in the Western literary world, eastern, wherever, doesn't extend to the whole of existence and that's what objective is.

    I've been here long enough to see this happen whenever someone mentions they might have any interest in Naruto and while it's cool that a lot of you guys want to look out for any given members and keep them from from reading "crap," I'd love to see the page count for the threads that have turned to incessant Naruto bashing. It's as old as Togashi Dragon Quest jokes and probably more stale.

    The idea that all art is objectively judged is extremely erroneous and mad pretentious as well. Find me the system used to judge art and the scientific verification or else you're all just puffing out your chest.

    This isn't me saying that Naruto is good to me, but if it's good to some people or a lot of people, that's fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Then why have art, literary works, and comics all changed drastically over the years if there's only objective standards for them that can't be changed? I for one think Naruto's art was better after the time skip, Part 1's seemed kind of rough around the edges. And I don't see how my pov is discredited by a blanket statement of what is good and what is bad. I fail to see how art cannot be subjective based on each person's sense of aesthetics.
    I'd make an objective/subjective discussion thread in general about art if the mods weren't trigger happy with the perma ban here.

    Actually no, if you know anything about art it's not subjective. The only thing subjective is the stylistic choice. IF art was subjective as you say it is, then there all of our discussions are pointless because we can't come to a conclusion. Nobody actually behaves as if art is subjective we constnatly talk about what is good and what is bad taste.

    If art was subjective there would be no way to distinguish the significant difference between Monet's painting and a childs drawing. No significant way to distinquish bachs well tempered clavier and any run-off the mill musician. you see how difficult it's for you to make the argument that art is subjective.

    Literary works and the likes have changed yes, but that does not negate objectivity. Otherwise, how else can we tell if a litary work is a msterpiece worth of bieng praised when compared to someone who has writes prose like a godamn 8 year old? Objectivity does not decry diversity, nor does it decry change over time. Just because works naturally evolve over time, that doesn't mean there is no structure to them.

Closed Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 4 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 4 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts