Closed Thread
Page 448 of 500 FirstFirst ... 348 398 438 446 447 448 449 450 458 498 ... LastLast
Results 8,941 to 8,960 of 10000

Thread: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

Default Re: Bort Trek Thread XI: Fates - Revelations

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    Hahahahahahahaha no.
    I do think Kishi has good art too (outside of faces).

Doesn't make up for his awful writing though.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfmetal-lich View Post
    He's no Oda, but the art was always consistent.
    It was consistently mediocre and lifeless, yes.

He actually did backgrounds unlike Kubo.
    I don't give credit to people for doing things they should be doing in the first place.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Kishi's art use to be great, back in Part 1, when things popped more, the action was dynamic, there was depth and shading, and there was some real creativity. Part 2 is...presentable. Occasionally he does something kind of interesting, but there's just no life to anything and it all looks flat and boring (and lest we forget the confusing action sequences).

The art was never the issue with Naruto, though its true that it was only interesting in the few first volumes.

It always made me think if Kishimoto was really trying with the series or if simply stopped caring after striking gold the first years. Bigger shonen artists have fallen into boredom after a long career (names like Toriyama and Takahashi to say some are creatively dry since years ago) but for Kishimoto to be so lazy for most of his career must be a first.

It was consistently mediocre and lifeless, yes.

I don't give credit to people for doing things they should be doing in the first place.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Kishi's art use to be great, back in Part 1, when things popped more, the action was dynamic, there was depth and shading, and there was some real creativity. Part 2 is...presentable. Occasionally he does something kind of interesting, but there's just no life to anything and it all looks flat and boring (and lest we forget the confusing action sequences).
    Different strokes I suppose. Out of all the issues with Naruto, the art was never one of them for me. Was it eye popping amazing? No, but it was good, solid, decent, presentable as you say.

Quote Originally Posted by KzTxL7 View Post
    I wasn't distracted by Lucy being half naked.

You won this week Fairy Tail.

These 2 pages especially i fondly remember them for how cryptic they were:

Hidden:

in fact re-reading the Fourth Great Ninja War is really just a gold mine of awful panels and pages with incoherent flow

Quote Originally Posted by Yobiyopi View Post
    These 2 pages especially i fondly remember them for how cryptic they were:

in fact re-reading the Fourth Great Ninja War is really just a gold mine of awful panels and pages with incoherent flow
    It really doesn't help that it's mangapanda scans, so everything is just a blotchy mess anyway.

Viz scans aren't that much better.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

I also always thought that the art was okay in most places and feirly good in others. But I especially liked some of the character designs like the Sage form for Jiraiya was kinda amazing when it first appeared. With Naruto it devolved into something much blander but still.
    And the fourth ninja war was a decline in quality in all aspects and the art didn'thold up at all anymore

For Naruto's art, my favourite was at about the Sand Invasion arc. Detailed and full of action.

Say what you may about the Pain Arc, the paneling was great. Made the flow of the fight a smooth read.

But the war arc... is a good exercise for the eyeballs. I like being nice.

↑Biological Weaopn of Doom and Destruction

Quote Originally Posted by le crystal View Post
    For Naruto's art, my favourite was at about the Sand Invasion arc. Detailed and full of action.

Say what you may about the Pain Arc, the paneling was great. Made the flow of the fight a smooth read.

But the war arc... is a good exercise for the eyeballs. I like being nice.
    The only bad thing about Pain arc is that it reminds me of anime version of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

And the ending of the Pain arc of course. But honestly the Pain fights against Naruto and Jiraiya were the reason that I kept reading after that laughable Itachi vs Sasuke Fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfmetal-lich View Post
    He's no Oda, but the art was always consistent. I never had a problem with Kishi's art.

He actually did backgrounds unlike Kubo.
    Oda's art is no big deal too....He likes to put more details,that's all.
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

Shipmate

Weird of the Ikemoto to not draw a single panel of Hinata in the whole chapter. Maybe next month.

Hahahahahahahaha no.
    Once Kishimoto stopped mindlessly imitating Otomo Katsuhiro and added something of his own, by the middle of the exam arc he had a pretty neat artstyle on his hands. Too bad that once the anime begun, Kishimoto started emulating the character designer, Nishio Tetsuya, by simplifying his line art, decreasing the amount of detail and almost completely dropping the screentones. It happened somewhere around the Sasuke-in-the-barrel arc, the root of all evils of this unfortunate manga. The rest is history.

Although an occasional colourspread of Kishimoto's looks quite okay, so he can draw when he is passionate enough about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    The only bad thing about Pain arc is that it reminds me of anime version of it.
    Are you saying that it was good for six varied opponents to be taken out by Naruto himself without the help of already underused supporting cast? That it was good for Hinata's sacrifice and confession to go ignored for the rest of the manga? That it was good for the main conflict of the arc to be resolved with a most unconvincing argument? That it was good for any and all consequences of the arc to be handwaved away based on that very same argument?

Pain arc seemed like the final nail in the coffin of this dead horse of manga back at the time it all happened.

Quote Originally Posted by auem View Post
    Oda's art is no big deal too....He likes to put more details,that's all.
    Oda has great panel flow which arguably might be the most important for a visual story. His sense of composition is also much stronger. The varied linework and detail oversaturation is just the superficial cherry on top which can be easily ignored based on personal preference.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblade View Post
    Are you saying that it was good for six varied opponents to be taken out by Naruto himself without the help of already underused supporting cast? That it was good for Hinata's sacrifice and confession to go ignored for the rest of the manga? That it was good for the main conflict of the arc to be resolved with a most unconvincing argument? That it was good for any and all consequences of the arc to be handwaved away based on that very same argument?

Pain arc seemed like the final nail in the coffin of this dead horse of manga back at the time it all happened.
    I posted that in rush and later realized there were plenty of shitty developments after all. I guess the terribleness of anime adaptation made me forget things. Just didn't have time to modify it until now.

I saw no problem with Naruto taking care of Pains, considering sacrifices were made earlier to reveal his abilities. It would have been better if not everyone except Nauro and Hinata were knocked out. Kishi was bad with all relationships, Naurto and Hinata included. Any dumbass writer would at least give us post-arc conversation between Naruto and Hina.

Leveling whole Konoha was a bad move. Especially when Pain pulled Hao from Shaman King afterwards.

And let's not forget lame Kakashi cop-out. Death by chakra exhaustion is the stuff of myths and legends, apparently. I didn't mind he survived. I minded that his "death" was just made to fool us. He even had a goddamn afterlife talk with his dead dad.

Kishi was bad with all relationships, Naurto and Hinata included. Any dumbass writer would at least give us post-arc conversation between Naruto and Hina.
    Given what I've seen other shonen writers do with opposite sex relationships doubt it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Given what I've seen other shonen writers do with opposite sex relationships doubt it.
    A mid life and death battle confession that goes completely ignored until we see a platonic marriage years after.

Even Mashima did it better, in both his works.

It doesn't really help that a lot of Shonen barely have anything resembling a reomantic relationship when main characters are concerned, though. It's like the authors prefer to maintain a status quo as long as possible and then dish out a quick summary of who married who in the end.

Naruto's art went from being one of my favorites to one of my least favorite. It's jarring whenever I look back in the old volumes and see just how good everything looks. More detail, everythings way more expressive. The Shippuden art, especially the main crew grown up, always looked awkward. I don't know how many years I've kept up with Naruto (6, 7? 8?) but throughout all those years I still think they look bad.
    Wano Predictions
    Spoiler:

A mid life and death battle confession that goes completely ignored until we see a platonic marriage years after.

Even Mashima did it better, in both his works.

It doesn't really help that a lot of Shonen barely have anything resembling a reomantic relationship when main characters are concerned, though. It's like the authors prefer to maintain a status quo as long as possible and then dish out a quick summary of who married who in the end.
    Or worse not resolve it at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Shipmate

I saw no problem with Naruto taking care of Pains, considering sacrifices were made earlier to reveal his abilities. It would have been better if not everyone except Nauro and Hinata were knocked out.
    Pain's six guys all had these varied designs and abilities, that at the time it seemed such a waste to not distribute them to already underused Konoha 11. Too bad that Kishimoto's desire to turn Naruto into a hero who arrives at the last moment (and also achieves his dream off screen) was that much stronger than to develop his supporting cast.

And let's not forget lame Kakashi cop-out. Death by chakra exhaustion is the stuff of myths and legends, apparently. I didn't mind he survived. I minded that his "death" was just made to fool us. He even had a goddamn afterlife talk with his dead dad.
    I didn't even remember that. For most of post timeskip arcs suffering from his low chakra pool was what he mostly did, wasn't it. Poor guy.

I still stand by the idea that Kishi had a passion and a finite story planned up until a bit after the Rescue Sasuke arc. Naruto would have gotten Sasuke back, but at the cost of Neji and Choji's lives. Then another arc or two, deal with Orochimaru, and call it a career.

But the series was super mega successful so he was convinced by his editors to make it run longer. Suddenly, Choji and Neji who both had wonderful death scenes, survive (after being dead for a year),Lee gets miraculously healed, Sasuke gets away, the Akatsuki are introduced in full as a giant group that will need beating one by one, 7 different tailed beasts that need capturing, and time skip. And the art quality dropped off dramatically.

It went from being a passion project he could put his all into for five or six years, into... just a job. And it shows.

And cripes, the damn war at the end, that ended up being a full 1/4 of the entire series. Yikes. I love One Piece but I think I'd freak if the final arc ended up being even a fifth of it's total length. (Like 30 volumes or something insane.)
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Closed Thread

Thread Information