Closed Thread
Page 422 of 500 FirstFirst ... 322 372 412 420 421 422 423 424 432 472 ... LastLast
Results 8,421 to 8,440 of 10000

Thread: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

Default Re: Naruto Thread XI: MAURY! MAURY! MAURY!

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Hermit View Post
    He's working with the guy as like a bodyguard or something, not as a research assistant.
    How do you know that's currently his specific job title and that in a decade he hasn't been even slightly familiarized with how equipment works?

Suigetsu was knowledgeable enough to take the specific type of sample used in parental testing (Buccal swab) so he's not totally ignorant of the process.
    Not even Naruto resorted to time travel

I think I got it.

That umbilical cord is made of Sasuke's DNA. Karin has been trying to grow her own Sasuke clone, or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurloz View Post
    How do you know that's currently his specific job title and that in a decade he hasn't been even slightly familiarized with how equipment works?

Suigetsu was knowledgeable enough to take the specific type of sample used in parental testing (Buccal swab) so he's not totally ignorant of the process.
    If he were billed as the guy who actually had some sense of the science, sure, but Karin's still around and was implied to have some sense of the science stuff before the gaiden, nevermind that it looks like the DNA testing machine is just a tabletop centrifuge lol. And anyone can know to do a buccal swab. That's the only part of the DNA testing process companies actually let people do lol

Anyway semantics in the grand scheme of schmucky genes-evolution-makeup commentary

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    So he'd go from making one character look sympathetic to making another look shameful and unsympathetic (incidentally the latter character being a female).
    You gotta admit, that would fit Kishimoto's track record of fawning over Sasuke and shafting the female characters.

Though, for clarification sake do you mean Sakura or Karin by the female character? I'm assuming Karin, but we really don't know enough about her situation to make a quick assumption (vs Sasuke being away so long his own child [who he is clearly aware of] has never remembered meeting him).

Personally, I mostly assumed the Sasuke idea I did because I found it funny that he was not only not there to be a father for his child but wasn't even around to father his child. Like that episode of Moral Orel where the priest's tissue filled trash can saw more action than he did.
    Waldorf: You know Statler, after watching the last nine hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

i nsaw a thread call "Can Kyubi be considered the father of..." in other forum..
    i think that isa valid question...
    and i wonder what happen to Kyubi when he was inside the first Hokage's wife. did Hashirama and Mito stop their activity all together?

Quote Originally Posted by spyda View Post
    I can't believe the anime went back to fillers after just 1 episode of canon

I would make jokes if that wasn't so damn sad

anyways, looks like next week they will wrap up the filler & go back to canon
    And then at some point go back to showing filler again which makes the recent announcement that Rikudo Madara being a playable character in Storm 4 all the more laughable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto-gai...venth-hokage/8

Surprisingly decent chapter. It's nice to remember the times when people didn't need blood relations to connect with each other coughUchihaSenjureincarnationcough. Seeing the old art reminds me of the times when Naruto was actually a good manga.

Aaannnd then we go back to more Uchiha madness. Apparently Sasuke lost his godmode powers during that fight for some reason, but now they're back. And he's pulled even more out of his ass. Should I be surprised at this point that somehow he can teleport multiple people between dimensions?

So the whole chapter was a really roundabout way of saying, "Blood doesn't matter. You're family is the people who care about you."

Also, Sakura looked hideous in that flashback.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouroboros View Post
    http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto-gai...venth-hokage/8

Aaannnd then we go back to more Uchiha madness. Apparently Sasuke lost his godmode powers during that fight for some reason, but now they're back. And he's pulled even more out of his ass. Should I be surprised at this point that somehow he can teleport multiple people between dimensions?
    Eh Sasuke and Naruto are now more less the most powerful beings on the planet. This is expected. He's larger than life now.
    HOW COME LUFFY NEVER KILLS AN ENEMY?
    ODA:ITS BECAUSE IN THAT ERA EVERYONE USES THEIR LIVES TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS. FOR AN ENEMY WHEN THEIR DREAM HAS BEEN SHATTERED,IT IS AS PAINFUL AS DEATH,I BELIEVE FOR A PIRATE NOT TO KILL AN ENEMY , IT'S GIVING THEM A SECOND CHANCE TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS.

I find it funny that this whole speech won't matter if Sakura will bestated to be the real mother after all.

I rather enjoyed this chapter. It was nice to see some of the home life of Sarada and Sakura, and I loved the call-back to the head-tap - it's great to see that Sasuke uses it in leiu of showing love, just like Itachi used to. It's sweet. Also, called it for Sakura biding time. Lady is about to kick some serious ass.

You know, I've always liked Sakura's character. She is very strong, physically, which is a flip - Sasuke is strong when it comes to 'powers' and Naruto is strong when it comes to strategy and using his wits, but of the three Sakura is the most physically powerful (and mentally, I'll hazard to say.) It's an interesting flip to show that sometimes just being strong physically doesn't mean you're the strongest. I also didn't mind her character building. Sure I would have liked to see her have more moments like kicking sand-puppet's ass, but frankly, her character works. That said, there are some great fanfics out there that explore her possibilities a lot better, but that's always the case - there's always something that can be improved on.

Anyway, back to the chapter - I do like that Sasuke, for all that he's a terribad father (though apparently there was a reason he couldn't come back?), still has that connection with Sakura. He trusts her to be able to take care of herself and is apparently in the habit of calling her his wife quite a bit. XD He's still a dick but at least there's -something- more to him than that.

And Sarada is just such a cutie! Little Sarada is too cute.

I'm really enjoying this manga and seeing the way it mirrors the start of the original manga, talking about connections, well, it's just great. I'm so, so, so glad they didn't go the Boruto track.
    Hatori Icons (credits and thanks to Nia and Nhp <3)

Quote Originally Posted by Kishido View Post
    I find it funny that this whole speech won't matter if Sakura will bestated to be the real mother after all.
    Same as that whole "hard work beats fate" thing which somehow got lost during the main story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

lol, Kishi inadvertantly screwed up the whole blood doesn't matter speech. Sarada is telling Naruto to stay out of it since he isn't family and it's none of his business. But if Karin is Sarada's real mom that'll make her a Uzamaki and so she'll be related to Naruto making them family.

"A flick to the forehead is better than a kiss"

Okaaaay? <.<
    I thought for a moment that Sakura was remembering Naruto's and Sasuke's first kiss with each other and giggled about that, I mean, that was a moment for the ages to laugh about. But that hesitation for the kiss thingie... that made me question their realtionship more than this DNA thing did. :/

Naruto's talk-jutsu is as OP as ever. Teenage drama has no chance against the Uzamaki wisedom. xD

Quote Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
    "A flick to the forehead is better than a kiss"

Okaaaay? <.<
    I thought for a moment that Sakura was remembering Naruto's and Sasuke's first kiss with each other and giggled about that, I mean, that was a moment for the ages to laugh about. But that hesitation for the kiss thingie... that made me question their realtionship more than this DNA thing did. :/

Naruto's talk-jutsu is as OP as ever. Teenage drama has no chance against the Uzamaki wisedom. xD
    Probably because to Sasuke, the head-flick is very important. It was how Itachi showed him he loved him and Sasuke would probably equate that motion with real love, so using it on Sakura would be like the ultimate admission to love from him. She definitely carried it on to Sarada. If this doesn't end with Sasuke giving her a head-flick at some point, I'll be very disappointed.

Different families have ways of expressing their love, after all. It makes a lot of sense if you look in to Sasuke's background as to why this would work as a family expression of love.
    Hatori Icons (credits and thanks to Nia and Nhp <3)

Woa!! What a great chapter. Sakura was really amazing!!!! I'm coming to the conclusion that the gaiden is about her; I mean about how to give a decent end to Sakura's story and her relationship with Sasuke. She took Sasuke's child in care and adopted her, and that's all she will ever had of Sasuke. It's an impossible love, but she understands it and has gained peace over it. Sasuke will be the always lonely wolf, but Sakura, always loving him, takes care of the precious daughter.

I think is a good end. Tbh, Sasuke never will be a believable family guy, and Sakura deserves a nice destiny. So this fixed it to me.

I really liked Sakura in this chapter. She's lovely there.

Color me impressed with this chapter. It was long, but the message of the chapter was very nice. The flashback of Sarada and Sakura was really nice, along with the talk of Naruto and Sarada. The obvious conclusion is that it will be a misunderstanding, but I can deal with that. Throw in the fact that Sarada has only lived with Sakura all this time, and everything about her dad seems suspect, I can see her being mad and confused. At a young age you aren't always thinking in the most logical way, but she still has a solid head on her shoulders.

The banter between Sasuke and Naruto at the end was quite nice, and even if Sakura doesn't do much for the rest of this, I have grown a lot of respect for her. The Sharingan stuff and the whole Akastuki stuff I don't like, but I feel this part was quite a good payoff for the short build-up.

Sakura and Sasuke haven't even consummated their marriage. Not even kissed. That's messed up. I mean, good for her to follow her own heart to be dedicated to one man, but on the other hand, I don't give a shit.

Everything is so underwhelming, that unless this antagonist can become the next space rabbit, I don't see really view him as a threat. And Orochimaru is at fault, but they are dealing with him as if he was a comrade, which makes no sense. But I sort of forgot there are no bad people in Naruto, just misunderstood people.
    How much can you do? Just grab a ball and juggle.
    All those balls in the air, How hard can it be?
    So hard you're getting dizzy!
    Keep those balls in the air, Keep those balls in the ai-air!
    Balls in the air!

I feel the same way. The manga has a very misleading title. It should be called Sharingan SHARINGAN SHARINGAN!!! The Uchiha are a bane upon this world that need to be excised because all of the eye plots lead to tedium.

The thing I hate the most in this manga are flashbacks of Naruto's life and we had what? 10 pages of it? I mean, c'mon, everybody remembers those scenes, word by word, there's no need to show them again. And still I liked this chapter... glad this gaiden is much better than what the manga was before its end.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by silversatyr View Post
    Probably because to Sasuke, the head-flick is very important. It was how Itachi showed him he loved him and Sasuke would probably equate that motion with real love, so using it on Sakura would be like the ultimate admission to love from him. She definitely carried it on to Sarada. If this doesn't end with Sasuke giving her a head-flick at some point, I'll be very disappointed.

Different families have ways of expressing their love, after all. It makes a lot of sense if you look in to Sasuke's background as to why this would work as a family expression of love.
    Yeah, for some never explained reason, Sasuke seemed really detached from his mother and we know he wasn't in good terms with his father as well. Itachi was the only real bond he had (or at least that he aknowledged) as a child and the "poking" was the way Itachi always shown his love for his brother.

For Sasuke to be able to poke Sakura's forehead by the end of the manga meant a lot for him as a person (it meant he finally came in terms with his past, not only being able to see his relationship with Itachi in a positive light but also being able to spread that love to others instead of keep it inside of him and use as a source of hate) and for them as a couple (since Sakura was the one receiving something that was so precious for him). So, yeah, it is >>>>>>>> a kiss.

Sadly, though, such a meaningful scene lost all its power because Sasuke and Sakura had no prior history to justify such display of love \_(ツ)_/

Closed Thread

Thread Information