Closed Thread
Page 420 of 500 FirstFirst ... 320 370 410 418 419 420 421 422 430 470 ... LastLast
Results 8,381 to 8,400 of 10000

Thread: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

Default Re: Naruto Thread XI: MAURY! MAURY! MAURY!

I love how the Colorspread has NOTHING to do with what's going on in the actual story and only ONE of the three people shown on it, are actually in the chapter. Or relevant at all atm.

"Unicorns can't see into your heart. All our dumb horns can do is glow, point towards the nearest rainbow and play rave music!"

Visit my Etsy Shop: Heart'n'Skull or Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Nami View Post
    I love how the Colorspread has NOTHING to do with what's going on in the actual story and only ONE of the three people shown on it, are actually in the chapter. Or relevant at all atm.
    I wonder when Boruto will become relevant to his own manga.

One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord

Quote Originally Posted by carcanclaw View Post
    I LOVE the concept of Sasuke porking Karin, a woman he barely likes, and dumping their kid on Sakura, another woman he barely likes.
    Lovely combination as always: Sasuke being an ass and DNA shenanigans.

If you help save the world you have reprieve to continue doing horrible stuff. Live free Orochi.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurloz View Post
    I don't know much about DNA testing so genuine question, wouldn't Suigetsu be able to tell he was comparing male and female DNA? Maternity and paternity tests are different.

Looking at the raw script online, the Japanese spoiler provider also believes that it was an umbilical cord in the box. Even if Karin is a stalker I don't think she'd be able to snag Sauce's.
    I believe that's Karin's umbilical cord. She kept her own. At least that's what I got from the mangastream translation.

Hidden:

I don't know why it would match with Sarada but I guess we'll find out soon enough. I'm still going with Karin's DNA got mixed with Sasuke's when she let him suck the blood out of her. Though it should be hardly detectable without very sensitive equipment and undetectable a few days after the blood transfusion. I'm not sure how DNA tests work either but what really matters is, does Kishi know how DNA tests work?
    Everything's Eventual...

DNA tests are magical wizard spells that determine biological parenthood by tapping into the cosmic chi of the five mana pools.

That's probably not true, but I'm sure it's more thought than Kishi put into them.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    I don't know why it would match with Sarada but I guess we'll find out soon enough.
    It would match if she's Salad's biological mom

I'm not sure how DNA tests work either but what really matters is, does Kishi know how DNA tests work?
    Kishi actually talked about DNA in an interview.

Interviewer – It’s important to find one’s own path, eh? Currently, Naruto’s son Boruto is starting a main character serialisation called NARUTO – Spin-off “The 7th Hokage and the Month of the Red Flower ”, but what path will Boruto discover I wonder..?

Kishimoto – I can’t say for the sake of spoilers, but the theme of “Naruto” has always been written as “Connection”, so this time, I’ve been thinking I want to write on elements such as the concrete DNA of those who are connected, and their feelings…those who are connected are the same. In contrast to a DNA connection, what has been inherited, and how? This type of story is what I shall I try my hand at writing to explore.

If he really is planning something special with it and had this chapter in mind for a while I would hope he did some actual research on DNA, but who knows
    Not even Naruto resorted to time travel

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy 9000 View Post
    I wonder when Boruto will become relevant to his own manga.
    But it isn't.
    The movie is called "Boruto", but the gaiden is "Naruto Gaiden: The Seventh Hokage and the Scarlet Spring" (= it's about Naruto and Sarada)

Quote Originally Posted by Kurloz View Post
    It would match if she's Salad's biological mom
    But come on, we all know the likelihood of Kishi going that route is very low. Kishi would never make Sasuke che-

....wait, this is Sasuke we're talking about. Well, it's up in the air then.

Kishi actually talked about DNA in an interview.
    The thing is, talking about DNA doesn't mean you understand how a DNA test really works and what goes into getting correct results. It just shows you know DNA exists. Honestly, he may have done some research but so far all he has shown was a scientific looking machine beeping and booping when Suigetsu took some spit from Sarada and compared it with Karin's umbilical cord. I don't expect anything more than that from Kishi. This is a ninja manga about eyes. Hell, eye transplants are done in this manga by popping your eye out and plugging another one into the empty eye socket.
    Everything's Eventual...

Indiscriminate Grappler Gokuyuske's Avatar

Now that the title has changed I just can't help myself:

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    But it isn't.
    The movie is called "Boruto", but the gaiden is "Naruto Gaiden: The Seventh Hokage and the Scarlet Spring" (= it's about Naruto and Sarada)
    Even so, he was portrayed as an "important" character during all the unveilings prior to its debut, and has had almost no screen time (same with the blue-haired kid too). It feels like Kishimoto originally planned on giving him a much bigger role, but changed his mind somewhere down the line, to be honest.

And isn't this supposed to lead into the movie where he'll be important anyways?

One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord

But it isn't.
    Wait a minute, I've got it. Salad's true biological mother...

is Naruto.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    Wait a minute, I've got it. Salad's true biological mother...

is Naruto.
    Sexy jutsu gone wrong.
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

But come on, we all know the likelihood of Kishi going that route is very low.
    I will quote myself on this:

He can do it. He can say the match is because of whatever Karin did to Sasuke's body many years ago, he can also say the match is because that thing Suigetsu took as a sample was actually part of Sasuke instead of Karin.

But he better not go that way.

Here is the thing, ever since he introduced the possibility of another biological mother for Sarada, he had the fans dwelling on those possibilities. Mainly Sakura and Karin fans were hoping their favorite would be Sarada's biological mother so they would be her real mother.
    In the eyes of the fandom, suddenly being an adoptive mother became less (a lesser mother, a lesser wife, even a lesser woman).

In this chapter he took that even further by making Shin and Orochimaru equaling children to mere gene preservation and Sakura questioning saying this is not where the true meaning of being a parent lies. By the end of the chapter, we had Sarada refusing to aknowledge Sakura as her mother because they are not related by blood.

Sarada's reaction is understandable since it was a shocking revelation to her and she is still a kid, but I hope Kishimoto knows what he is dealing with. I believe he is because this chapter seemed to be pointing to a very obvious conclusion to this Gaiden, when the meaning of a parent will be exposed, but still... he better not back up from it.

Sarada has all the right to be angry for being lied all this time, but to at least not want the safety of the person that took care of you ever since you were a baby just because is not blood related to you, really?
    At this point I believe that even Araki treats dogs better in his manga( and that is saying something lol), than Kishi treats Sakura.
    Last edited by Smiley; June 11th, 2015 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Can't wait for evil Sarada because "love cancer"

I want to believe too big guy
    3ds code friend:0404-6254-1866
    new "new"3ds code friend:0791-4253-7110 (monster hunter)

To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

I will quote myself on this:
    I can get behind the idea of what you're saying. Kishi can promote the reality that adoptive mothers are just as "moms" as a blood mother. You don't have to be birthed by a parent to be loved by a parent. Sarada will learn that lesson and the readers will understand because it makes sense. That's a good message.

But I still don't think Kishi will go that route. It really all depends on whether or not he wants people to dislike Sasuke even more.
    Everything's Eventual...

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

I can get behind the idea of what you're saying. Kishi can promote the reality that adoptive mothers are just as "moms" as a blood mother. You don't have to be birthed by a parent to be loved by a parent. Sarada will learn that lesson and the readers will understand because it makes sense. That's a good message.

But I still don't think Kishi will go that route. It really all depends on whether or not he wants people to dislike Sasuke even more.
    The only way Sasuke can come out of this looking sympathetic is if he had next to no input on Sarada's creation. If Karin just took whatever generic material she needed and never told Sasuke until after Sarada was, very least, conceived.
    Waldorf: You know Statler, after watching the last nine hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

Quote Originally Posted by sgamer82 View Post
    The only way Sasuke can come out of this looking sympathetic is if he had next to no input on Sarada's creation. If Karin just took whatever generic material she needed and never told Sasuke until after Sarada was, very least, conceived.
    By all most means Sasuke comes out of this looking like an asshole. It's just a matter of how much of an asshole.

If Kishi goes the route you said then I wouldn't really blame Sasuke for being distant towards Sarada. That would be a very complicated relationship to say the least.
    Everything's Eventual...

I think there is a simple way to not make Sasuke look even more like a jerk: say he wasn't together with Sakura back at the time he and Karin... made Sarada.

In The Last, the novels and Kiba's special chapter, many of the couples were addressed. We know Ino and Sai were already dating back in The Last, but as far as I know none of those depicted Sakura and Sasuke in a relationship. Kishimoto can easily say they just got together after Sarada was born or after Karin was pregnant.

Of course, he would still be a dick for never visiting his family, not once, but can't be reverted anymore.

Of course, he would still be a dick for never visiting his family, not once, but can't be reverted anymore.
    It could turn out Salad's entire life is a Genjutsu.

Or a log.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Closed Thread

Thread Information