Closed Thread
Page 42 of 500 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 92 142 ... LastLast

Thread: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

Quote Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
    Strange how you guys assume that his wife is cosplaying as a women...I wonder if she needs to wear special custom made contact lens as well?
    Mine was just a joke.
    I was implying that she's fat.
    But yeah, she'd probably go as Sasuke or Shikamaru. >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
    Strange how you guys assume that his wife is cosplaying as a women...I wonder if she needs to wear special custom made contact lens as well?
    16 Characters of This.

And everything else you've been saying has been spot on as well good sir or madam (tell me which).
    My Hero Academia is my favorite manga series right now. At least so long as the high of its greatness remains. United States of Smash.

In response to that guy who said that this is a Shounen series, so there shouldn't be a continuation of Naruto's and Hinata's relationship: read "To Love ru".

Quote Originally Posted by KaizokuOLuffy View Post
    In response to that guy who said that this is a Shounen series, so there shouldn't be a continuation of Naruto's and Hinata's relationship: read "To Love ru".
    Thats terrible advice, To Love Ru is awful.

Just read Dragonball. The romance was almost entirely off camera there, but there were still acknowledgments, weddings, and children born.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Wait, wait! What was I thinking!? How can I forgot that "To Love Ru" has become nothing more than a pile of loli panty shots!?

Dragon Ball is not a good example either, though..... how about "Ranma 1/2"?
    Last edited by KaizokuOLuffy; May 10th, 2011 at 08:29 AM.

You want a shonen with deep, well-done Romance, just read Negima. Don't think there's a shonen that handles the shoujo aspects better.

If you want pure romance, World God Only Knows is pretty well-done as well as being fun and hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by KaizokuOLuffy View Post
    Wait, wait! What was I thinking!? How can I forgot that "To Love Ru" has become nothing more than a pile of loli panty shots!?

Dragon Ball is a good example either, though..... how about "Ranma 1/2"?
    The romance in Ranma 1/2 is hampered by the almost complete lack of likable characters. When I was new to anime and manga I really loved the wacky comedy of Ranma but my love for it faded as I saw other series which took the same formula and improved on it.

If you want a shonen series with zany comedy and an actually good romantic subplot read Cheeky Angel (Tenshi na Konamaiki). The first couple volumes are slower than Ranma but it gets better as it goes. In addition the characters actually change and grow over the course of the series.

Personally, my favorite romance in Shonen series is Full Metal Alchemist. It's there and it's obvious, but it never really gets in the way of the plot and the action, just to add some development for the characters as well as being fun and heartwarming in general, with no drama. I prefer my romance stories like that I suppose, ultimately happy but I don't like it if it's in the forefront (like in a romance shounen such as Ichigo100% or Suzuka or whatever) or if there's too much soap opera drama in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kareem Said View Post
    16 Characters of This.

And everything else you've been saying has been spot on as well good sir or madam (tell me which).
    Sir, actually, I'm a guy. The avatar name really doesn't hint towards any gender, huh?

King of One Piece Parody Sonic Youth's Avatar

Well... "beaver" could possibly... And with Saturn from Sailor Moon we got a match.
    Who exactly is Mumbo?
    It's OFFICIAL, UsoppXNami 4ever.

Fma is definitely the best example of romance in shonen done right. It came with the character development but never got in the way with the plot.
    Another good one would be yuyu hakasho. But it's rare cause sometimes the drama would take over and take away from the plot development like in Inuyasha. But in no way could you just leave it hanging like that. Not even kubo kept ichigo concious when Hime was confessing to him. Kishi messed up by playing the confession if he was gonna make everyone forget about it. And this is something I hold against the naruto manga the most...

3DS Friend Code is 3823-8664-3087

Your opinion on this picture?

My opinion? Anything to do with Sasuke I hate. And that picture is gag worthy lol. I think you just ruined my day :P

3DS Friend Code is 3823-8664-3087

How about this one?

Quote Originally Posted by SonPan View Post
    Fma is definitely the best example of romance in shonen done right. It came with the character development but never got in the way with the plot.
    Another good one would be yuyu hakasho. But it's rare cause sometimes the drama would take over and take away from the plot development like in Inuyasha. But in no way could you just leave it hanging like that. Not even kubo kept ichigo concious when Hime was confessing to him. Kishi messed up by playing the confession if he was gonna make everyone forget about it. And this is something I hold against the naruto manga the most...
    No, Negima really does it way better. Unless you think Romance in Shonen done right is it being only in small doses and not being an integral part of the plot in which way I guess you're right. But full blown out romance? Nuh uh.
    Last edited by TLC; May 10th, 2011 at 11:24 AM.

It's certainly possible to write good romance in shonen without it eclipse the main plot, it's just that most authors are either not good enough in that aspect to write it convincingly or just choose not to go anywhere with it and simply maintain the status quo for three-hundred odd chapters, which then gets irritated because as it's clear the author had no plans to develop anything, why did they bother with that subplot to begin with?
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Quote Originally Posted by Crossword View Post
    It's certainly possible to write good romance in shonen without it eclipse the main plot, it's just that most authors are either not good enough in that aspect to write it convincingly or just choose not to go anywhere with it and simply maintain the status quo for three-hundred odd chapters, which then gets irritated because as it's clear the author had no plans to develop anything, why did they bother with that subplot to begin with?
    Oh I hate that so much. Inu yasha really is the biggest sinner. Over 800 chapters of the same love triangle bullshit and the romantic couple never even kiss once in the manga. The hell?

Negima on the other hand is fantastic when it comes to the romance mostly because it comes in truckloads and is executed very well (as good as most shoujo in fact) but partly because it cuts out all the bullshit and goes straight to the romantic confessions. And the main character isn't an inconsiderate twat who doesn't consider the feelings of the girls who confess to him and leave them hanging for 100 chapters like a certain other manga (cough points to thread title cough).

I don't know about Kishi, but Kubo goes as far as blatantly stating that he won't ever adress the Rukia/Orihime/Ichigo love triangle. So why spend several chapters no less building up this romance? Because it drags in the shippers, the fangirls, and the authors knows this full well.

King of One Piece Parody Sonic Youth's Avatar

Well, as long as there's a hole there's a hope. Hehehuhuhuhuehehe.
    Who exactly is Mumbo?
    It's OFFICIAL, UsoppXNami 4ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Thousand Lion-san View Post
    Oh I hate that so much. Inu yasha really is the biggest sinner. Over 800 chapters of the same love triangle bullshit and the romantic couple never even kiss once in the manga. The hell?

Negima on the other hand is fantastic...
    The romance suffers a bit in that it's mostly between various 15-16 year olds and a 10 year old... who is their teacher. I think it is supposed to cross the line twice and thus be less squicky but I find the concept to just be twice as disgusting.

The romance is still many times better than in Inu Yasha or Naruto but that's not saying much...
    Last edited by SleepySlug; May 10th, 2011 at 01:52 PM. Reason: Negima also has way better action and character growth than Naruto and Inu Yasha...

There's no lead-on's for love between the main characters in One Piece. Except in Sanji's case. I don't really like shonen manga whose main focus is romance. Though I'm also not saying that any of the manga mentioned just before this post are all about romance either.

Closed Thread

Thread Information