Closed Thread
Page 415 of 500 FirstFirst ... 315 365 405 413 414 415 416 417 425 465 ... LastLast
Results 8,281 to 8,300 of 10000

Thread: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

Default Re: Naruto Thread XI: What an Eyesore

Quote Originally Posted by Kurloz View Post
    16charsof The hell? When?
    Sasuke Retrival Arc

Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trust me, Kaguya wasn't mentioned until waaaaay into Part 2..
    http://narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/216/16/

Had a clan that bore her name and whose members had a Kekkai Genkai derived from the same technique she used to kill Obito.

Too coincidental don't you think?
    Last edited by Green_vs_Red; May 28th, 2015 at 07:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    Isn't Kaguya a mother of two herself?
    We never saw her interacting with any of her sons, so the "bad mother" side isn't actually there.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    Well, there's Kill la Kill. Also, Medusa from Soul Eater.
    I will use this to try and pass the 3rd episode of Kill la Kill. Everytime I try to watch this series, I give up after the 3rd.

Kaguya could have even been the one who helped Naruto and Sasuke take down Madara because she could have been made the bigger good instead of the bigger bad. I mean Madara being a villain sue could have been taken down with the help of the woman who introduced chakra in the first place. Yeah, she might have be a dues ex machina but I think that would have been better than making her the bigger bad so that the Uchihas have a flimsy excuse for all their evil actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Sasuke Retrival Arc

Had a clan that bore her name and whose members had a Kekkai Genkai derived from the same technique she used to kill Obito.

The point is that we didn't knew about HER. No Ootsutsuki Kaguya the Demon Rabbit was ever mentioned, the fact that there is a whole clan with that last name actually raises more questions that were never answered.

Also wait, her last name and therefore clan wasn't even "Kaguya" But "Ootsutsuki" since Hagoromo and Hamura shared that last name too
    Last edited by Yobiyopi; May 28th, 2015 at 10:50 PM.

Its a scene of Oro and Kabuto talking about the Bone Clan lineage and how they're bloodthirsty morons who got wiped out by the Mist village for being bloodthirsty morons. The name Kaguya is used, but theres not even the slightest hint of moons, trees, chakra-genesis or whatever else Kishi threw at her. It was a minor detail adding to the background of Bone Guy, it wasn't a tease of things to come; Kaguyas appearance in the end is still executed as a clunkyly inserted asspul... unless you're saying that 1 offhand mention of a bone-fighter clan by Orochimaru 400 chapters earlier had you wating years in anticipation of the moment where Kaguya would finally claim her rightful place as series Big Bad.

What most likely happened is that Kishi really wanted to do a big Final Fantasy esque final villain, rooted in Japanese folklore like so much of his other stuff, say what about the legend of princess Kaguya, oh right, I already used that name for the bone clan uuuuuuuuhhhh I'll give her Kimimaros Haircut then because they're related, problem solved

This isn't foreshadowing, its the author remembering and repurposing old concepts, which is way easier to do than plan and foreshadow properly in advance

About her look, this Kaguya is even better than her:

Look, it even had the pointy ears and the dots above the (empty) eyes years before the naruto one

Who's the sharingan-head? Another forgotten Uchiha?

Quote Originally Posted by Enzeru View Post
    Who's the sharingan-head? Another forgotten Uchiha?
    I think him, Celebi and Celebi's twins are advanced Zetsus. Well, Celebi and twins deffinitely. Eyeball could be their oldest, or some other Akatsuki remnant. Maybe Obito's clone (I'm close to throwing up at the thought, but Kamui is there, so...).

This would be a lot easier to predict if there was some semblance of consistency.
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post
    Its a scene of Oro and Kabuto talking about the Bone Clan lineage and how they're bloodthirsty morons who got wiped out by the Mist village for being bloodthirsty morons. The name Kaguya is used, but theres not even the slightest hint of moons, trees, chakra-genesis or whatever else Kishi threw at her. It was a minor detail adding to the background of Bone Guy, it wasn't a tease of things to come; Kaguyas appearance in the end is still executed as a clunkyly inserted asspul... unless you're saying that 1 offhand mention of a bone-fighter clan by Orochimaru 400 chapters earlier had you wating years in anticipation of the moment where Kaguya would finally claim her rightful place as series Big Bad.

What most likely happened is that Kishi really wanted to do a big Final Fantasy esque final villain, rooted in Japanese folklore like so much of his other stuff, say what about the legend of princess Kaguya, oh right, I already used that name for the bone clan uuuuuuuuhhhh I'll give her Kimimaros Haircut then because they're related, problem solved

This isn't foreshadowing, its the author remembering and repurposing old concepts, which is way easier to do than plan and foreshadow properly in advance
    But look how often you can see the moon in chapter 1. Didn't you also think back then that there will be the moon rabbit goddess and highly anticipate her glorious descension from upon the heavenly realm?

This is great foreshadowing from the very beginning on.

Also, there was that white rabbit Naruto attacked by the road on Team 7's first mission, prior to Zabuza's ambush. When Kakashi realized something was wrong. Fore! Shadowing!

And these rabbits change their appereance based on the environment. This is perfect foreshadowing for Kaguya also been shaped by her environment. I'm so curious to see what it will be that shaped Kaguya the way she was and made her want to create her powerful army.

Also Naruto apologizing to the rabbit after the battle, does it foreshadow a potential Kaguya redemption arc?

Sasuke Retrival Arc http://narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/216/16/ Had a clan that bore her name and whose members had a Kekkai Genkai derived from the same technique she used to kill Obito. Too coincidental don't you think?
    It was a blatant asspull. All you'd have to do is give her the name and abilities of a clan and call it a day. It's very simple.

Why Kaguya clan had bones and no bird eyes and why Hyuuga had bird eyes and no bones will forever remain a mystery.

Madara Uchiha didn't deserve to go out like that he got shafted so badly just because Kishi couldn't think of a way to beat him. No one really had any qualms with him as the final boss, since he's kind of been floating around this series since the beginning.

Plus look at him smiling whilst beating up all these ninas, how can you not love this guy?

Great song choice for an intro depicting war and bloodshed.

Madara was a lot cooler before we found out some more about him.

I sure enjoyed Madera fighting the kages and was looking forward to a good fight with Naruto. Then Juubi and Juubi's host got involved.

Madara became just another generic bad guy once the Juubi stepped in (as the whole manga went to shit after that), but I loved him before. He had Aizen trollness, but exactly on point. I miss that Madara.

It was a minor detail adding to the background of Bone Guy, it wasn't a tease of things to come;
    To be fair neither was the revelation that the final villain(s) were Uchihas and neither one being Sasuke to some people.

Everyone just assumed Orochimaru & His sound Ninjas and then The Akatsuki were going to be the final villain(s) and then got swerved (repeatedly).

Kaguyas appearance in the end is still executed as a clunkyly inserted asspul... unless you're saying that 1 offhand mention of a bone-fighter clan by Orochimaru 400 chapters earlier had you wating years in anticipation of the moment where Kaguya would finally claim her rightful place as series Big Bad.
    Well considering Pain leapfrogged Orochimaru, who then got leapfrogged by Obito, who then got leapfrogged by Madara for the position of Big Bad it'd be a tad bit unfair to single Kaguya out for doing it too. But yeah you can't really defend Kaguya's sudden appearance and promotion to bigger bad in arc which at the point was running for too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
    It was a blatant asspull. All you'd have to do is give her the name and abilities of a clan and call it a day. It's very simple.
    Sasuke cheating death in his fight with Hidan was an asspull.
    Killer B somehow surviving having Gyuki removed from his body was an asspull
    The Sage Of The Six Paths Transcending death and then giving Naruto & Sasuke a powerup in the middle of the fight with Madara was an asspull.

Kaguya showing up out of the blue and wreaking havoc seemed little more than Kishimoto just wanting to throw another villian into a story that was already bloated and past it's sell by date for some people.
    Last edited by Green_vs_Red; May 29th, 2015 at 05:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Seeing as how Kaguya Otsusuki's lineage can be traced to the Uchiha, Uzumaki, Senju, Hyuuga, and Kaguya clans and the fact that she can use every element on the table one could say she was foreshadowed as soon anyone mentioned...ninja. She encompasses everything so it's easy for Kishi to just throw her in there last minute...which he did.
    Everything's Eventual...

This is relevant.

Hidden:

Closed Thread

Thread Information