Closed Thread
Page 414 of 500 FirstFirst ... 314 364 404 412 413 414 415 416 424 464 ... LastLast
Results 8,261 to 8,280 of 10000

Thread: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

Default Re: Naruto Thread XI: What an Eyesore

Don't really understand why setting the story up like this was neccessary. Just creates numerous problems. Sasuke could have just as easilly visited a couple of times and sent letters and stuff.

Then one day, Salad enters puberty and develops Sharingan. At the same time she discovers that picture (or not, since it was pretty lame idea). She wants to know more about her dad, ask him why his mission requires him to be away all the time, wants to learn how to use Sharingan. Full of questions. She hears Naruto goes to meet him, decides to follow. Sasuke doesn't have to be (that much of a) dick in this version.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Just face it guys. It's Shonen law that all dads must be terrible.

Even if you have to go against character and create numerous plotholes to make it so.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post

Even if you have to go against character and create numerous plotholes to make it so.
    At least Dragon, helped his son escape being beheaded.

One of the things I want to see the most in shonen is a terrible mother. Like unexcusably terrible, like Finn's father with a vagina.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzflower92 View Post
    At least Dragon, helped his son escape being beheaded.
    But for him it was a rainy day��
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Discovered Stowaway killerbee1000's Avatar

Well, that's one way to connect with your child: being a total dick. But, that's Sasuke for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post
    Kishimoto has adapted the very worst aspects of serialized storytelling

"Say, I think I'll introduce a new villain,
    Kaguya wasn't new though she mentioned all the way back in part 1 long before the sage of six path was, it's just that at no point in time beforehand was it mentioned she was evil and was the woman behind the man behind the man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Default Naruto Thread XI: What an Eyesore

I realized this Bigger Bad scenario reminded me of something I've read, seen, played and it just came to me now.
    Spoiler:

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

Whats more, I think I even joked about it like 2 years ago, how Kaguya is actually a good girl (misunderstood), and the rest of her race are bad guys that are going to come from space some day.
    Last edited by Razh; May 28th, 2015 at 03:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Damnit, Naruto is like the best shonen dad (as in a main character is a father)

Vegeta is good only when compared to Goku, and you must discount the time that he risked everything for a fight in order to have any positive balance, I'm sure gintoki would be better, and of the strawhats Franky and Usopp at least, probably Sanji.

I think that Only Kenshin was a remotely good parent. Yoh was terrible, Yusuke wasn't shown but it's practicaly implied that he'd be just like gin. Bakuman duo were going to be just mangaka fathers (too little time with the kids).
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    One of the things I want to see the most in shonen is a terrible mother. Like unexcusably terrible, like Finn's father with a vagina.
    Well, there's Kill la Kill. Also, Medusa from Soul Eater.

I actually think Goku was a good dad. He just had some crazy circumstances in his life. Of course there's that time he spent a year in space to learn a technique...

Well, there's Kill la Kill. Also, Medusa from Soul Eater.
    Hakuryu's mother from Magi is pretty messed up.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    I actually think Goku was a good dad. He just had some crazy circumstances in his life. Of course there's that time he spent a year in space to learn a technique...
    The abridged series is seriously affecting me with this, but yeah, his main crimes were the yardrat year, letting gohan fight cell, and not wanting to be revived the 2th time (the logic was pretty flimsy)
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Is it true there will be another Manga after the Boruto movie? And this is just like a prologue to the movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Kaguya wasn't new though she mentioned all the way back in part 1 long before the sage of six path was.
    16charsof The hell? When?
    Not even Naruto resorted to time travel

Quote Originally Posted by LordPerucho View Post
    Is it true there will be another Manga after the Boruto movie? And this is just like a prologue to the movie?
    part three is inevitable at this point to me, whether in manga for or anime. It is coming

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    Isn't Kaguya a mother of two herself?

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    Three actually

even though Black Zetsu was born out of a plot hole

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    And they killed her, and sealed her in the moon, in the body of a space tree or something.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    The abridged series is seriously affecting me with this, but yeah, his main crimes were the yardrat year, letting gohan fight cell, and not wanting to be revived the 2th time (the logic was pretty flimsy)
    Goku probably thought gohan was mature enough to be without him for a year considering Gohan had traveled arcoss the galaxy and fought superpowered aliens. Gohan was the only one with the potential to beat Cell and Goku knew that. Up to that point every bad guy that was showing up was someone with a beef for Goku and with Gohan being flat out stronger than goku at that point he probably thought even if something else came up that Gohan could handle it.

Most of these events seem more like giving Gohan space to grow up. If you apply real world standards to it this might seem screwed up, but it's a fantasy world filled with superpowers and monsters.

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Kaguya wasn't new though she mentioned all the way back in part 1 long before the sage of six path was, it's just that at no point in time beforehand was it mentioned she was evil and was the woman behind the man behind the man.
    Trust me, Kaguya wasn't mentioned until waaaaay into Part 2. Chapter 646 to be exact. I made a whole post about it and why Madara or even The Sage of 6 Paths would've made a better final villain.
    Everything's Eventual...

Closed Thread

Thread Information