Closed Thread
Page 41 of 500 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 141 ... LastLast

Thread: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

I like the way shikamaru's voice actors sucking up to kishi.

It's the other way around, Kishi is obviously gay for Morikubo dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Bad_Lith View Post
    With my version, the story stays focuses on hard work vs natural talent, instead of making it the story of Naruto vs Sasuke.
    Thing is, I think the story really did have these two things going hand in hand. I always thought that one of the reason that Sasuke abandoned Konoha and went to Oro for strength is not only to be strong enough to defeat Itachi, but also because he's threatened that Naruto is starting to not only catching up with him in strength, but even surpass him. Really, hard work vs talent and power of friendship is a pretty strong theme in part 1, and although that's a very common theme in not just any shonen but pretty much every underdog movie out there, I think it still works. It's a cliche because it's true, for some extent.

My favorite chapter of Naruto is chapter 98 if I'm not mistaken, where Hinata gives the reason on why she admires Naruto: that it's not because he's as powerful and talented as Neji or Sasuke, no. It's because even though he fails many many times, he's still able to get up and try again no matter how hard it is. Also, that chapter was a great moment that leads me into shipping Naruto and Hinata, which makes me even more pissed off with the utter lack of acknowledging the confession for 100 chapters. Dammit, Kishi.

But yeah, more than what events I would like to re-write, it's the change of theme from 'the value of hard work and friendship' into 'Naruto is actually so gifted in many ways, we can all depend on him to save the day and get out of the way instead of working together' that really bothers me about Naruto, even more than extremely stupid things like the mass resurrection or 600 billion exploding armadillo penises or just Sasuke, period. I know that having a 'chosen one' main character is very common, but they could at least do it by him utilising the 9-tails Chakra, which is a very risky and dangerous deal, instead of having him literally making the fox his bitch. Really, in addition to the obvious drop in quality, this is what makes me think that part 2 is really different than part 1, the manga I first fell in love with.

Quote Originally Posted by Sâuza View Post
    It's the other way around, Kishi is obviously gay for Morikubo dude.

you can't say stuff like that on a public forum.... what if kishi's wife is lurking around you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Narutossss View Post
    you can't say stuff like that on a public forum.... what if kishi's wife is lurking around you never know.
    He has a wife? You'd think a guy who's favorite thing to do in life is draw Sasuke, a man, (slightly effeminate though he may be) would be a tough catch.

Seriously though I'm pretty sure neither Kishi nor Kubo is married. What a shock.

@Saturn Beaver. Couldn't agree more.

Edit: Hmm, I thought he wasn't, guess I was wrong. I don't know who the hell would want to marry Kubo though.
    Last edited by Kareem Said; May 9th, 2011 at 01:41 PM.
    My Hero Academia is my favorite manga series right now. At least so long as the high of its greatness remains. United States of Smash.

Quote Originally Posted by Narutossss View Post
    Oh shi- i forgot that he actually visits the Naruto threads, maybe his wife is doing the same :/

Quote Originally Posted by Kareem Said View Post
    He has a wife? You'd think a guy who's favorite thing to do in life is draw a man (slightly effeminate though he may be) would be a tough catch.

Seriously though I'm pretty sure neither Kishi nor Kubo is married. What a shock.
    I remember reading a volume of Naruto a looong time ago...(original Naruto). It had a buncha fanart and stuff congratulating Kishi on his marriage.

Oh shi- i forgot that he actually visits the Naruto threads, maybe his wife is doing the same :/
    Wha? Really? o.O

You guys found me out huh?

Kishi?!
    WHAT A TWEEST.
    Pretty good, I must say.
    You don't have ANYTHING to do with Naruto in yo sig, yo avatar, or yo name.
    Nuttin'!

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper King View Post
    Wha? Really? o.O
    Yeah seriously, he comes here when he's in need of inspiration.
    And he actually took many ideas from here, like the ten tails stuff.

Yeah seriously, he comes here when he's in need of inspiration.
    And he actually took many ideas from here, like the ten tails stuff.
    ... :O
    No wonder it seemed so crappy of an idea.
    He got it from the good people here at A-WAIT A MINUTE! I don't believe this!!

Quote Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
    Thing is, I think the story really did have these two things going hand in hand. I always thought that one of the reason that Sasuke abandoned Konoha and went to Oro for strength is not only to be strong enough to defeat Itachi, but also because he's threatened that Naruto is starting to not only catching up with him in strength, but even surpass him. Really, hard work vs talent and power of friendship is a pretty strong theme in part 1, and although that's a very common theme in not just any shonen but pretty much every underdog movie out there, I think it still works. It's a cliche because it's true, for some extent.

My favorite chapter of Naruto is chapter 98 if I'm not mistaken, where Hinata gives the reason on why she admires Naruto: that it's not because he's as powerful and talented as Neji or Sasuke, no. It's because even though he fails many many times, he's still able to get up and try again no matter how hard it is. Also, that chapter was a great moment that leads me into shipping Naruto and Hinata, which makes me even more pissed off with the utter lack of acknowledging the confession for 100 chapters. Dammit, Kishi.

But yeah, more than what events I would like to re-write, it's the change of theme from 'the value of hard work and friendship' into 'Naruto is actually so gifted in many ways, we can all depend on him to save the day and get out of the way instead of working together' that really bothers me about Naruto, even more than extremely stupid things like the mass resurrection or 600 billion exploding armadillo penises or just Sasuke, period. I know that having a 'chosen one' main character is very common, but they could at least do it by him utilising the 9-tails Chakra, which is a very risky and dangerous deal, instead of having him literally making the fox his bitch. Really, in addition to the obvious drop in quality, this is what makes me think that part 2 is really different than part 1, the manga I first fell in love with.
    Well, of course I'd want to keep the rivalry there. It's a big part of Naruto. But the way things are now, the final battle is going to be Sasuke vs Naruto. We can all see it coming. The main goal of the story is no longer "naruto wants to be accepted" or even "stop the big bad" in the end, but "redeem sasuke" and I don't like that.

I feel like the "rivalry" has completely taken over the manga, to the point where I don't even care about Madara and his plans. I know that the story's not over until Sasuke gets killed/redeemed/laid. And I would rather that the finale of the manga center around Naruto proving himself, rather than on Sasuke's emo shit.

... :O
    No wonder it seemed so crappy of an idea.
    He got it from the good people here at A-WAIT A MINUTE! I don't believe this!!
    They were joking about the ten tails but he took it seriously.

True story.

I find that the most delicious thing about Naruto's downfall is that so many failures seem due to a lack of preparation, when Kishi himself had a lot of shit in storage that he just got rid of for no reason. The characters made known but never used, the more than half of the world left unexplored, plenty of already ripe main characters and even some loose ends to tie up. All of the elements that would have made the series good were there. So it's not that Kishi forgot to prepare, he just made terrible decisions probably for safety and security.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

I don't steal ideas. I only give the community what they want. When fans are discussing certain theories like the ten tails in the moon so regularly and with such passion and joy, I have to assume that is what they want! Besides, it pays off on earlier setups, don't you think?

And yes, I am happily married. My wife cosplays regularly. But which character, ah, that is a secret.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

It's the Fire Lord's Wife, isn't it?
    SWISH!

It's Chichi in DragonBall.

Hey Kishi, where has the airship that flies to the moon been hiding all this time?

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Bad_Lith View Post
    The main goal of the story is no longer "naruto wants to be accepted" or even "stop the big bad" in the end, but "redeem sasuke" and I don't like that.

And I would rather that the finale of the manga center around Naruto proving himself, rather than on Sasuke's emo shit.
    I completely agree, and it's obvious that if it's the former Naruto already accomplished it, what's with saving Konoha and all (really, after the reveal about his parents, it's baffling how he needs to prove himself in the first place). As such, we're left with defeating Madara and Kabutomaru, which I have lost any interest in, or redeeming Sasuke, which every moment he's absent from the pages is a blessing. If not for this thread, I definitely won't read it, and even then sometimes your comments is enough for me not to read it entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    I find that the most delicious thing about Naruto's downfall is that so many failures seem due to a lack of preparation, when Kishi himself had a lot of shit in storage that he just got rid of for no reason. The characters made known but never used, the more than half of the world left unexplored, plenty of already ripe main characters and even some loose ends to tie up. All of the elements that would have made the series good were there. So it's not that Kishi forgot to prepare, he just made terrible decisions probably for safety and security.
    Yeah, I guess it must have been vexing how much of a wasted potential it is, I suppose there's a lot of what-if fanfics re-imagining their version of part 2 . Which I think is a good fuel for fanfics I guess, interesting unused characters with unexplored regions wasted in canon just like Bleach. Strangely, One Piece gives a lot more room for creativity, you can pretty much literally anything and it won't be too unusual (let's say, a girl who can transform into a Godzilla fighting a giant cyborg Triceratops in a volcanic island), and yet there's considerably less fanfic for it. I suppose if the sandbox is too wide open, it makes you less interested? That, or shipping. I'm pretty sure at least half of the fanfic for any fandom is dedicated for shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Samwize78 View Post
    It's Chichi in DragonBall.
    It's the Fire Lord's Wife, isn't it?
    SWISH!
    Strange how you guys assume that his wife is cosplaying as a women...I wonder if she needs to wear special custom made contact lens as well?

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/6718/kishimoto.jpg

I don't steal ideas. I only give the community what they want. When fans are discussing certain theories like the ten tails in the moon so regularly and with such passion and joy, I have to assume that is what they want! Besides, it pays off on earlier setups, don't you think?

And yes, I am happily married. My wife cosplays regularly. But which character, ah, that is a secret.
    It's Sasuke, right? It must be!
    The cunning ones kneel before six masters, but serve only one.

Closed Thread

Thread Information