Closed Thread
Page 404 of 500 FirstFirst ... 304 354 394 402 403 404 405 406 414 454 ... LastLast
Results 8,061 to 8,080 of 10000

Thread: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

Default Re: Naruto Thread XI: Chocho's Burrito Adventure: Garden Salad - Bento Bonanza

Yeah, ok, Naruto could have waited a couple of seconds more.

But what's the big deal? He just left before his kid could give him some rice balls or something. Worst father ever amirite!
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Default Re: Naruto Thread XI: Chocho's Burrito Adventure: Garden Salad - Bento Bonanza

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Yeah, ok, Naruto could have waited a couple of seconds more.

But what's the big deal? He just left before his kid could give him some rice balls or something. Worst father ever amirite!
    I won't call him the worst dad ever but he could do more effort considering the little time he get to spend with him. It's not like he was going to wait an indefinite time as he can sense how close his son is.

And that's a meal prepared by his wife and brought to him by his son, since the report doesn't indicate a situation requiring such haste, I would have prefer him to do wait the extra couple of minutes. it's a minor detail but minor details makes me appreciate(or loathe) character more.

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    I won't call him the worst dad ever but he could do more effort considering the little time he get to spend with him. It's not like he was going to wait an indefinite time as he can sense how close his son is.

And that's a meal prepared by his wife and brought to him by his son, since the report doesn't indicate a situation requiring such haste, I would have prefer him to do wait the extra couple of minutes. it's a minor detail but minor details makes me appreciate(or loathe) character more.
    He already gives his son a shadow clone playmate, and seeing as Naruto the hokage is the one going out on this mission it does seem pretty urgent. Also he's going to meet up with the man who can't even be bothered to write or pose for a family picture with his child. Not waiting for your slow-ass son to deliver your lunch seems pretty minor compared to that.

Default Re: Burrito Thread XI: The End? I still don't believe it!

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Because even though *you* get all the memories of the clone back when its done, its not *actually* you personally spending time with someone. Its insincere and fake and its just hiring a babysitter... that happens to basically be you.

It's the same thing as reading a post on facebook and just liking it rather than actually responding to it. Sure it shows you read it, but it doesn't mean you put any actual thought or care or personal time into.

Would you send your girlfriend a card for Valentine's day, and then later try to pretend it was a full blown all expenses paid full day together and a night on the town? Nope.

Naruto doesn't send clones to interact with his family because they're FAMILY. They're more important than deceiving or giving a brush off excuse of bonding. Makes the time they DO have together better quality when it's legit.
    Hey waddya know? Turns out he DOES do that!

You know what I just realized?

Boruto brings Naruto the lunch at the village gates. Meaning, he knew Naruto would be there. Meaning that after recieving Sasukes bird-mail, the sequence of events is

- Naruto decides wait a bit and leave in the afternoon, so its appearantly not that urgent
    - Naruto calls Hinata, and says he's going on an expedition
    - "Ok then, Boruto will just bring you your lunch at the village gate"
    - "Sure thing honey"

-->Proceeds to leave literally a minute before Boruto arrives at the gate

Yeah, Sasuke has set the bar very low, but I'm still gonna go with Mega-Douche for Naruto the Dad here

Why do you necro that? And why is an issue? Granted it should be the other way around, or rotate the clones, one day the true one with the wife, other day with Burrito other day with.. whatshername and other day in the office.

The clones are actualy Naruto, it's not just a card or less effort, it's him there, except he goes puff if you hit him.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    Why do you necro that? And why is an issue?
    Just more evidence of Naruto's failings as a father. I actually meant to bring it up a week or two ago the first time Naruto did it since I remembered Robby specifically mentioning that.

The clones are actualy Naruto, it's not just a card or less effort, it's him there
    The manga has never been entirely clear on that (what a shock).

Yeah, him using clones all the time does feel a bit cheap, even if they share memories.

Boruto, from what I've gathered is meant to be portrayed with a father who is always busy with work and never there to play with him. Sort of like a parallel. Yet there are the clones. In the situation that the clones are indeed a functioning representation of Naruto, then the story doesn't work because Naruto can be there for him at all times if he so wanted. So it's more probable that the clones aren't the same as the real Naruto, or at least Boruto doesn't see them as such. And I can understand that. For all we know, the real Naruto could've been in that office for years on end without meeting his family. He never *actually* takes time off to spend a day with his family. He never *actually* plays with his children. He never actually does a thing for them, instead using a lazy technique to do the job for him. Even if the clones are much like Naruto, it doesn't feel very... ethic.

I realized something else too. Regardless of the ethic of the clones and what Boruto thinks of them, it's still been proven that Naruto likes to use them to interact with his family. So why didn't he just make a clone to wait and get the bento from Boruto, and then have it catch up to him?
    Wano Predictions
    Spoiler:

The thing is the clones weren't retconned to retain memories until the middle of part two. Up till then they were simple copies that could do one instruction (generally "go hit that guy") and that was it.

LATER it was decided that they retained full knowledge and personality, and upon poofing would pass all knowledge they experienced onto Naruto, and thus he could train for a thousand years in a weekend. And supercharge sage mode.

But given that it took him 3 years in story time and like 9 years in reader time to discover this.... yeah, it doesn't really gel. You have to figure that the clones aren't as good in *some* way, or else yes, he would do that 100% of the time.

(Similarly, the retconning of "sealing the beast in you wasn't a desperation move but a long planned family tradition held in every village going back generations" kinda messes up the entire theme.)
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Was it a retcon? I thought that's because unlike the normal clones they were special clones. I mean, it was a forbidden jutsu after all. Can't really remember that good, though.

Maybe Naruto knew Sarada would volunteer to bring the Bento or something?

I guess meeting Sasuke is to important to wait for his son. Quite a devoted friend.
    Sasuke is just exactly like Blackbeard. If he decides to pull something towards himself, there is just no way to resist in any way. He is the force with the most gravity in his universe, everything revolves around him, therefore you cannot blame poor Naruto...

Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post
    You know what I just realized?

Boruto brings Naruto the lunch at the village gates. Meaning, he knew Naruto would be there. Meaning that after recieving Sasukes bird-mail, the sequence of events is

- Naruto decides wait a bit and leave in the afternoon, so its appearantly not that urgent
    - Naruto calls Hinata, and says he's going on an expedition
    - "Ok then, Boruto will just bring you your lunch at the village gate"
    - "Sure thing honey"

-->Proceeds to leave literally a minute before Boruto arrives at the gate

Yeah, Sasuke has set the bar very low, but I'm still gonna go with Mega-Douche for Naruto the Dad here
    Well, his dad did seal a giant, angry fox inside of him after committing a useless dual suicide with his wife. So sticking it to Boruto is probably what Naruto thinks parenting is all about;

Boruto: WTF DAD!?! WHY'D YOU LEAVE BEFORE I GOT TO THE GATE?!
    Naruto: You're pissed because I dipped before you could deliver food to me? Hell, my dad shoved a giant fox inside of me and LITERALLY EVERYONE hated and psychologically tortured me for 16 years. Calm down princess.

Ffs, Naruto lived off spoiled milk and ramen. Princess got it easy.
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

This whole drama can be solved on an episode of Maury.
    Everything's Eventual...

Quote Originally Posted by Bartholemew Bear View Post
    Was it a retcon? I thought that's because unlike the normal clones they were special clones. I mean, it was a forbidden jutsu after all. Can't really remember that good, though.
    Given that its something that Naruto didn't discover until after the timeskip despite having made thousands of clones, and that Kakashi's single shadow clone also passes on memories, yes, it was absolutely a retcon.

Done to allow Naruto to do a training arc in a weekend.

Which, along with "test your elemental affinity" are reeeeeeally things that should have come up in oh, say, the first day or two of training, first week maybe. Not... all of elementary school and three years of official ninjahood later.

Even if your elemental affinity thing wasn't something you could practice till later, given that the test is literally putting a leaf on some water and seeing what happens, it still could have been tested just so you'd know. Not that it mattered for more than the immediately following fight and ever came up again after that anyway... but still.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Kishi tried to play it off as Naruto was too dumb to notice for years that every Kage Bunshin he ever created shared their experiences with him when they vanished.

Hidden:
    Yeah, Naruto can be dumb but you'd have to be braindead to not figure that out.
    Everything's Eventual...

Kishi tried to play it off as Naruto was too dumb to notice for years that every Kage Bunshin he ever created shared their experiences with him when they vanished.

Yeah, Naruto can be dumb but you'd have to be braindead to not figure that out.
    Remember that this is the guy that's running the village now

Former Chief Warden Venomous Warden's Avatar

We all know shikamaru's the only one keeping this whole thing together. The burden of the Nara family
    - Lurking around Arlong Park between dumps -
    ------

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Warden View Post
    We all know shikamaru's the only one keeping this whole thing together. The burden of the Nara family
    Has to do something considering Hidan's head should've rotted years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Closed Thread

Thread Information