Closed Thread
Page 403 of 500 FirstFirst ... 303 353 393 401 402 403 404 405 413 453 ... LastLast
Results 8,041 to 8,060 of 10000

Thread: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

Default Re: Chocho's Bizarre Adventure Part XI: Garden Salad - Classic Kishi and Eyephones

OK now I'm out...

Same old boring Sharingan villians.

And of course they never have been spotted in all these years.

Now let it be Shisui and it can't get worse.

Not even talking about Celebi saying he is an Uchiha as well

Default Re: Chocho's Bizarre Adventure Part XI: Garden Salad - Classic Kishi and Eyephones

This weeks tally:
    - 5 jokes about ChoCho eating
    - 3 instances/mentions of her being slow and clumsy.

Bleh.

Also, Juubi fodder spawn are still around, hurray.

Despite the Uchiha stuff, I overall liked the chapter.

Ok, the bento stuff was a mess and I had no idea what was really going on with that (bad translation). However, the one guy attacking Sarada and ChouChou made me think of early Naruto, where you have a strong person fighting weak people, and you get an idea of how insignificant those people are in the grand scheme of things. Not the greatest drawn skirmish, but I liked it enough.

Again, the chapter was 50/50.

Naruto is a massive douchebag in order to provide Salad with a stupid excuse to meet him. Really, you can't even stay for 10 seconds, you even walk slowly just to sprint off the moment your son arrives with the lunch your wife made? Maybe it's just me, but it feels like Kishi wants to make use of the 'loving housewife' trope, where the housebound wife stays home while her husband is far away at work and only comes home once a month, and yet she loves him anyway and the two respects each other's hardships and the pain of not seeing each other. Except that in this setting, the husband and wife live in literally the same village, they're skilled ninjas who can travel fast and one of them can create clones of himself. And of course the sharingan is at the center of the story, again.

The good part is that I still enjoy Salad and ChouChou, even if the fat jokes went a little too far this time. The two has a great chemistry, and since the older generation is portrayed as such douchebags Salad's story works. Maybe that was intentional. The fight with the onion-hair Uchiha was relatively good (relatively being the key word here). No world-blowing magic techniques, just a scroll and ninja weapons, and heck ChouChou actually went into the fight instead of lying on the ground being useless (well, at least until her attack missed). Naruto's entrance was pretty cool as well, even if I can't stand him. But it would've been better if the girls beat onion on their own instead of having to be rescued.
    Wano Predictions
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Zar View Post
    The good part is that I still enjoy Salad and ChouChou, even if the fat jokes went a little too far this time. The two has a great chemistry, and since the older generation is portrayed as such douchebags Salad's story works. Maybe that was intentional. The fight with the onion-hair Uchiha wa​s relatively good (relatively being the key word here). No world-blowing magic techniques, just a scroll and ninja weapons, and heck ChouChou actually went into the fight instead of lying on the ground being useless (well, at least until her attack missed). Naruto's entrance was pretty cool as well, even if I can't stand him. But it would've been better if the girls beat onion on their own instead of having to be rescued.
    I agree with prett much everything, but the girls aren't even graduated yet.
    It would make these joke of villains an even bigger joke if a sharingan dude lost to 2 people can only do the basics.

Grab the phallic object! Miss White day's Avatar

I almost forgot for a second that they aren't ninjas yet. Guess that makes more sense that they got floored. I'm surprised Boruto didn't go himself to meet up with his dad to deliver his mom's lunch, Sarada must have used a pretty convincing arguement though I didn't fully get it.
    Honestly, I don't know what I expect out of ChouChou other than fat jokes. Fat characters in media exist for fat or food related jokes or else they would be thin. But at least I can laugh at how totally wrong she sees the situation all the time. She's in total delusion. That Mizuki kid looks like he understand the situation more than her and he hasn't been around that much.
    Fans make the fandom. What is your fandom made of?

How old is Sarada anyway? She barely looks childlike at all in appearance, and is more mature than the rest of the new generation. Must be that thing about women growing at a much faster rate than men.
    3DS FC: 0087 - 2971 - 9910

Welp. I guess I like Salad. She's not full out Uchiha emo yet. But she's at least got a normal personality and actually seems to have friends. Chocho is kinda eh, at this point. I wonder what that other kid told her if anything. Or if he was just being wing manish. Bolt I am on the fence about. He's bratty but Naruto is really bringing it on himself. He should know how much it hurts to be ignored.

And barf at more Uchiha villains. Didn't they all die off basically? How hard is it ro create new villains that don't use that power?

No matter what you say, Chocho is lovely! <3

The girls were pretty impressive, actually. They are not even Genin and they actually managed to put up a fight.

I mean, Chouchou even used Partial Baika no Jutsu. Even after taking part in a Chuunin exam, Chouji still could only pull that out with the help of his special pills.

I gotta agree with Daz here. CouscousCake's 25 lines about "food" are getting pretty old real fast. It's like every single thing relating to her character has to be "something food something", and honestly, none of her lines strike me as even remotely funny. Not particularly amused.

The fight wasn't terribly terrible, considering this is Kishi we're talking about.

i enjoyed Naruto Sarada's interaction immensely..their facials expressions...
    and mitsuki-choucho was fun.
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

Hood guy is Kisame. He stapled that Sharingan on his face.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by Zar View Post
    Again, the chapter was 50/50.

Naruto is a massive douchebag in order to provide Salad with a stupid excuse to meet him. Really, you can't even stay for 10 seconds, you even walk slowly just to sprint off the moment your son arrives with the lunch your wife made? Maybe it's just me, but it feels like Kishi wants to make use of the 'loving housewife' trope, where the housebound wife stays home while her husband is far away at work and only comes home once a month, and yet she loves him anyway and the two respects each other's hardships and the pain of not seeing each other. Except that in this setting, the husband and wife live in literally the same village, they're skilled ninjas who can travel fast and one of them can create clones of himself.

Is Hinata a skilled ninja though?

is she?

Default Re: Naruto Thread XI: Chocho's Burrito Adventure: Garden Salad - Bento Bonanza

Fat jokes, Sharingans and confusing dialog

11/10

Default Re: Naruto Thread XI: Chocho's Burrito Adventure: Garden Salad - Bento Bonanza

That was a legit good chapter, let's see how long it lasts!

Quote Originally Posted by KzTxL7 View Post
    I wasn't distracted by Lucy being half naked.

You won this week Fairy Tail.

Uraraka, Noelle and now Sarada are the new Big Three of cuteness.

Quote Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
    Is Hinata a skilled ninja though?

is she?
    We know if she and her ninja skills had more screen time instead of her affections and big breasts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

I guess meeting Sasuke is to important to wait for his son. Quite a devoted friend.

Man Boruto sure is a spoiled brat

Closed Thread

Thread Information