Closed Thread
Page 40 of 500 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 90 140 ... LastLast

Thread: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper King View Post
    Hell, even Viz doesn't like Naruto's art, I think.
    In the back of June/July Shonen Jump, before the rewind thingy, it says, "REMEMBER WHEN NARUTO LOOKED LIKE THIS?"
    And it shows a picture of the good old day s. :D
    Off topic, I love the new avatar Sniper. I think it suits you.
    My Hero Academia is my favorite manga series right now. At least so long as the high of its greatness remains. United States of Smash.

Quote Originally Posted by Kareem Said View Post
    Off topic, I love the new avatar Sniper. I think it suits you.
    Rightly so. :D
    16. Characters.

In the name of Tenten, and considering the fact that we might never see her again, I'll shamelessly copy paste from OMF, sorry for the inconvenience:

From the sig of Chakan @ OM:
    TENTEN FACTS:

- Humans can't wield the five treasures. They drain an increbile amount of chakra, the average person would be killed in no time. TENTEN picked up the fan like it was nothing (sadly though that was proved wrong).

- Because the above fact TENTEN is not human.

- TENTEN is so fast that even Minato can't follow her.

- TENTEN is so hot that when an edo-ninja see her, they get an instantly forever bonner and they soul are sealed forever.

- TENTEN is so epic that even an entire arc of Kakashi's rampage mode will pale before Tenten's one panel per year.

- Madara can't teleport Tenten, because Tenten is beyond all dimensions.

- TENTEN doesnt use elemental jutsus, she just dont need it.

- Kakashi is not reading a book, he is secretly staring at Tenten's picture and letting his imaginations run wild.

- "Ten", in Japanese means heaven or heavenly so in this case, it means "heavenly, heaven".

- TENTEN's name also insinuates "Ten out of Ten," a reference to her awesome skills.

- TENTEN is a virus and will infect everyone and before you realize it, you will become a fanboy.

- In Soviet Russia:
    TENTEN owns the manga.
    TENTEN is drawing kishimoto.

- TENTEN is the new kage title, for instance, Kakashi would be HoTenTen, Naruto will eventually be the "1st HoTenTen" or as some ninjas says "Hot TenTen".

- HoTenTen title is like a mantra, keep repeating it and good things will come:
    HoTenTen HoTenTen HoTenTen HoTenTen TenTen hot TenTen
    HOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTT TENTEN HOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTT TENTEN
    HoTenTen TENTEN HoTenTen HOT HoTenTen TENTEN HoTenTen

- TENTEN is everywhere, is all around us, even now in this very forum. You can see her when you look out your window, or you turn on your television. You can feel her when you go to work, when you go to church, when you pay your taxes. TENTEN is omnipresent.

T == TEN
    2T == TENTEN
    TenTen = 10 10
    10*10 = 100 Ninja'a weapons == Tenten's summon
    Ten Ten == 10ten
    10t == 10 Tailed beast
    Tenten == Ten tails

Spoiler:

A dog exists somewhere David Ludwig's Avatar

I almost forgot how bad that Ten tails spread was.

A silhouette against another silhouette. Good job Kishi.

In all honesty I don't have anything against TenTen, and I don't think anyone here really does. In fact she was quite amusing in the "real" Naruto and not this crappy spinoff manga. It's more along the lines of Kishimoto not even bothering to make her useful, seriously he almost doesn't even try.

I think this calls for a change of sig.
    My Hero Academia is my favorite manga series right now. At least so long as the high of its greatness remains. United States of Smash.

Tenten's parts in these are meaningful, at least.

*sigh* I have to watch these flash openings every once in a while to remind me of when this series was actually entertaining.
    I called it wrong, so long ago. I guess this needs to be changed.

Spoiler:

The cunning ones kneel before six masters, but serve only one.

Hey guys over in the Felch thread, they're discussing how they would do Bleach after Soul Society and what they would do in order to make it better. So I have to wonder what would you guys do after part one of Naruto in order to make it still good (or whatever point you think Naruto went downhill). I don't have the time to go into meticulous detail but I will say one of the things I would do is give each (or most) of the Akatsuki henchmen. One of the great things about One Piece is that whenever the Strawhats go out to fight an enemy there's always conveniently a swordsman for Zoro to fight and a martial artist for Sanji to fight and various other henchmen for the other Strawhats to fight. It's a great way for the other characters besides the protagonist to shine. So I was thinking the rest of the Konoha 12 could fight against these Akatsuki henchmen who would probably be Jonin level (let's face it most of Naruto's buddies are way above the rest of the Chunin in the village).

Now then that raises the question of what you would do with these Akatsuki minions, I had a few ideas. It would probably be someone who contrasts with the Konoha 12, Shikamaru/Shino could fight against another strategist in an epic battle of wits, Kiba could fight against another beast man, Hinata could fight against another character who is fiercely loyal to whatever Akatsuki member they serve (knowing Kishi this character could be either male or female), Neji/Gaara could fight against someone who's just like they were back when they were essentially villains and Rock Lee could fight against someone who has a really hax kekai genkai and brags a lot about it, because remember way back in Chunin Exams, when Lee was pissed off at Sasuke (aren't we all) because he felt that Sasuke just won the genetic lottery and Lee would trump him with hard work. It would be really interesting and great to see Lee fight against someone who basically just won the gene lottery and see Lee triumph because of how much training he puts in in order to be the best. I know this all sounds like fanfiction but let's face it fanfic is better than current Naruto.

So what are some of your suggestions? I have another suggestion, DON'T KILL OROCHIMARU! Seriously for me that was the first sign that things were really going downhill because he was such a great villain. But of course Kishi had to kill him because he would attract attention away from his beloved Uchiha's.
    Last edited by Kareem Said; May 8th, 2011 at 07:18 PM.

Less Training
    For me the first sign that this comic was going down the gutter was (what felt like) endless training breaks. First Naruto had to learn about different chakra elements, than he had to learn how to train faster, than how to use Sage mode, and now he's learning how to use the Nine Tail fox for...whatever. It really makes you wonder what the hell he was doing with Jiraiya during the time skip.
    Not only is it pointless, its lazy writing since the only purpose it seems to serve is keeping Naruto away from the arcs villain.
    NintendoNetworkID:NJMancini, please leave a message saying you're from AP

I agree. The timeskip was supposed to make Naruto stronger so that he could deal with new threats. Yet all that is made entirely pointless when Naruto learned a only ONE new techique,which was a variation of an old one, which he used only ONCE. He didn't even master the normal Rasengan since he still needs the clone to use it. The timeskip did stuff for other characters, but Naruto made no real visible improvemen from the end of part 1 to the start of part 2. I'm sure the Narutards would point out that Kakashi fight at the beginning of part 2, except that stuff was stuff he had either basically learned by the end of part 1, or was never put into use again, and in the end, Naruto and Sakura still needed to resort to a dumb trick to succeed

I gotta disagree with you Kareem. Yes Uro was good as a villain, but don't forget that he was 1 of the 2 responsible for giving us the abomination named Sasuke. Plus him surviving made the 3rd hokage sacrifice underwhelming to me.

Things that would have helped the manga for me? first of all keep Itachi a badass villain, no excuses or lame attempts at redemption. just make him a complete nutcase and you could keep Sasuke hunting for him for most of the series.

Tobi having some sort of secret powers was OK, but him being the secret boss was lame. Make him a freelancer working for his own agenda, kinda like Uro but on larger scale (if I remember correctly; all what poor Uro aimed for was surpassing Itachi for crying out loud).And make Pain a true villain.

Remove all the Uchiha/Senju crap. Give depth (I mean DEPTH) for all ninja villages. And Don't EVER come up with character like Hanzu or Sai. And puffing up Kakashi wouldn't have hurt (I mean at least Gai had his moment against kisame, what did kakashi ever do?).

[No Romance]
    No half-assed confessions, and no characters who exist solely for the romantic subplot. 469, 474, and Karin in general were dreadful.

[Explore the ninja countries]
    It wasn't until 2008 that the Naruto world expanded beyond Konoha, Suna, and forest #8472. It was a year later that we saw all the major leaders. Every jinchuuriki save for Gaara, Bee, and Naruto were defeated offscreen, and Naruto never got the chance to meet them(the other 6 I mean). Missions to the other villages would have fleshed things out, and possibly given Naruto a chance to meet more Jinchuuriki(and change his priorities from Sasuke to Akatsuki). Seriously, there are 3 unexplored villages, that's 3 chances of new locations and customs thrown away because Kishi thought it would be a good idea to have Naruto chase after Sasuke for over 5 years of real time.

I've thought about this as well. In all honesty, I would have ended part 1 with Naruto defeating Sasuke in the closest of margins. Sasuke returns to the light, and we go for time skip.

Now, just imagine part 2 but Sasuke is a good guy, and a likable character again. There is no Sai, and Tobi turns out to be Obito (from Kakashi's past). There are a few extra Akatsuki members running around for Rock Lee and the other rookies to fight, and we save Itachi for the very end. Orochimaru gets done in by Akatsuki because he became weak and lame without Sasuke. Kabuto joins Akatsuki, maybe he can get beat by Lee's team near the end.

I also introduce the other tailed beat hosts as actual characters. Some of them voluntarily join Akatsuki (to give more dudes to fight, remember?) and some get taken down. Maybe I have something like the un-sealed 4 tailed beast be a threat itself, and have some heroes fight it. There's no need for a kage summit, or any moon's eye plan bullshit. Pein is the leader of Akatsuki, and he just wants all the beats' power.

The endgame takes place with his invasion of Konoha. That can go kinda like it did, except Sasuke kills Itachi nearby, Sakura defeats Konan, Kakashi defeats Tobi/Obito, and then Naruto fully integrates with the 9-tails chakra and stuff to defeat Pein. Kisame lost to Gai earlier.

With my version, the story stays focuses on hard work vs natural talent, instead of making it the story of Naruto vs Sasuke.

I definitely agree the Itachi vs Sasuke fight should have been left to the end. THe fight itself should also hav been a source of meaningful development for Sasuke, where he is initially consumed with a desire for revenge and gets his ass kicked horribly, but gives up revenge and decides to fight to protect and makes the awesome comeback

I felt the Akatsuki were very underwhelming. Kishi introduces them as a powerful organization of the most wanted characters, yet they drop like flies, and are even killed from the likes Sakura and Shikamaru.

i found something...its a lil of kishimoto interview
    Spoiler:
    shimoto's interview at Jump Festa 2011

Kishiwas bantered by Takeuchi-san (the voice actress for Naruto) about the comment at the last Jump Festa that ]Kakashi would be most active.

So he apologized that he couldn't bring it as he planed and stated upcoming year(2011), Kakashi will play a remarkable part for real

He'll write Shikamaru and Chouji's valour episode as well

No updates on Naruto, Sasuke or Sakura
    (The Kakashi Part):
    Kishi: Although I talked of Kakashi last year im ending up passing the year (carrying it over). Sorry about that. Im planning alot this time.

and I am a big fan of Morikubo-san. He does Shikamaru(voice) and his voice suits. Shikamaru will be more active.
    The voice for Shikamaru: Serious? Thank you!

Naruto's voice actress: it's a nice stage where your dream's come true.

Kishi: I think it will be with Chouji. Please look after Shikamaru in the upsoming year as alway's

Nothing new really. No info about the future of Naruto and Sasuke!
    "What are you talking about? I am me!Nobody else!" —Roxas

I am a big fan of Morikubo-san.
    So that's why he said he likes Shikamaru before huh ?

Just like Sasuke's voice actor i guess...

Anyone who though "Naruto" needs a rewrite can fuck the Hell off! The one that needs a rewrite is that stupid spin-off series that for some reason keeps getting publishes every week. The original is LEGENDARY!!!

Closed Thread

Thread Information