Closed Thread
Page 391 of 500 FirstFirst ... 291 341 381 389 390 391 392 393 401 441 491 ... LastLast
Results 7,801 to 7,820 of 10000

Thread: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

Default Re: Naruto Thread Gaiden XI: Burrito and the Bastard Salad

That isn't

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

I was expecting...

I wonder how many masks they had to uncover under the other masks to get to that face...

But yeah, definitely the most anticlimatic thing of the day.
    Last edited by Galaxy 9000; April 25th, 2015 at 01:19 AM.

One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyMerlyn View Post
    I don't remember reading anywhere that Sakura's reason for raising Sarada is because Sasuke said so. Maybe I'm forgetting something. Could you give me a link?
    This is my own estimate. The truth of the matter is that Sakura's development has been so shitty during the whole series, that I pretty much consider it a given that she kept her "because Sasuke". All be it we get a well done flashback and we get a legit reason to why she would keep the hypothetically illegitimate daughter of the guy that she is obsessed with and a lunatic with emotion problems. I just doubt very much Kishi can pull it off knowing his track record.

The most likely scenario will be that Salada is really Sakura's daughter anyway, but I just find Salada being a bastard too amusing to not go for that scenario.

As an aside, Sakura is a joke with no self worth, Sasuke is a worse dad than Vegeta and Goku which is saying a ton and Karin is a lunatic, but Salada seems pretty fine at the moment, hopefully love Cancer won't screw her over.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by springsring View Post
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with taking care of a child who's not yours.
    It's the relation to Sasuke that bothers me.
    Obviously, my problem is the probable reason behind it and for who it is done. I'm in the camp that believes that she kept Salada "cause Sasuke" which is one of the worse reasons to keep a child that can be a very very bad reminder of emotional failures. That Sakura can love her adopted daughter and not go completely ballistic on her is a testament that although she is a shit character with no self worth, she is at least a loving mother. I just still find the whole scenario pathetic since unless we get a good explanation as to why, it just seems like another checkbox in the "I eat shit for Sasuke" list.

Like somebody else stated, if she took the kid because she considered her to need a parent and knew Sasuke was too much of a deadbeat asshole to do it while also telling him to go fuck himself after boning Karin, my outlook on Sakura would change a LOT on this scenario. I'd still wonder why she didn't start her own clinic, I know she could get the help from her friends to be able to have her business and take care of a kid at the same time. Which comes back again to why does she have so little ambition, good god, it's like if Kishi had some sort of weird fetish to just keep putting her down constantly. I mean, I find it hilarious but it would be nice for her to catch a break.

Quote Originally Posted by Razhem View Post
    This is my own estimate. The truth of the matter is that Sakura's development has been so shitty during the whole series, that I pretty much consider it a given that she kept her "because Sasuke". All be it we get a well done flashback and we get a legit reason to why she would keep the hypothetically illegitimate daughter of the guy that she is obsessed with and a lunatic with emotion problems. I just doubt very much Kishi can pull it off knowing his track record.

The most likely scenario will be that Salada is really Sakura's daughter anyway, but I just find Salada being a bastard too amusing to not go for that scenario.

As an aside, Sakura is a joke with no self worth, Sasuke is a worse dad than Vegeta and Goku which is saying a ton and Karin is a lunatic, but Salada seems pretty fine at the moment, hopefully love Cancer won't screw her over.
    You mean that kishimoto will remember about the love cancer? Knowing him it's possibile that he forgot about that

Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    No, what would have been truly sad and pathetic is if Sasuke approached her with this baby girl and asked Sakura if she could take care of her because he trusts that she'd be a better parent than he'd ever be, and he's right, and she flipped him off and said "fuck you" (justified) and "fuck that kid". Put her up in an adoption home and let the village raise her so she has no semblance of a real family. You know, because Sasuke is an asshole so Sarada should pay some kind of price.

Sakura doesn't hold any IOUs to Sasuke but she took it upon herself to raise Sarada as her own anyway because she most likely knew Sasuke wouldn't be there to do it. Even if her feelings for Sasuke played a part that doesn't make her deed less unselfish. She took the high road rather than the low.

Then there's always the chance that Sarada is actually Sakura's child she had with Sasuke and Sarada just happens to really look like Karin and this is all some fake drama. She's still not pathetic for being a "single" mother. The pathetic thing would be that she got with Sasuke in the first place. The only thing that could explain them getting together to marry and have a kid would be whatever happened over the timeskip after they saved the world but of course....that was all skipped.
    Basically we'll have to keep it as "we disagree" till we get more information. You are convinced that Sakura took Salada in because she could not leave a baby without a mother (very noble thing). I'm convinced it's "cause Sasuke" (horrible reason since that can turn abusive in a heart beat), till we get more context we won't really know what moved Sakura to go for it. Hell, if she kept Salada and told Sasuke to fuck himself she'd get a lot more respect from me.

Hell, we could both be in a horrible tangent and this just be cheap drama with Salada being the true biological daughter, Sakura and Sasuke being married (I find this very unlikely, where the hell are the wedding pictures?) and Sasuke being out for a real legitimate reason for 10 years (calling on bullshit on that one since I can't think of a good reason to dissapear from your wife and kids life for 10 years outside of heavy spy infiltration, and Sasuke seems like a wandering hobo in the epilogue) which would all frankly be weak sauce with the current setup for something interesting to happen.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Kaimon View Post
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...-to-see/.87519

So Kakashi's face has been revealed. Meh
    Well, anticlimatic, but wasn't really expecting anything special out of it. He certainly would not have made fangirl material ugly. I would have like something like Adolf's face from Terra Formars, but then you'd had to wonder why he would be missing half his jaw.

Quote Originally Posted by Razhem View Post

Like somebody else stated, if she took the kid because she considered her to need a parent and knew Sasuke was too much of a deadbeat asshole to do it while also telling him to go fuck himself after boning Karin, my outlook on Sakura would change a LOT on this scenario. I'd still wonder why she didn't start her own clinic, I know she could get the help from her friends to be able to have her business and take care of a kid at the same time. Which comes back again to why does she have so little ambition, good god, it's like if Kish
    Apart from the picture scenario, I don's seei had some sort of weird fetish to just keep putting her down constantly. I mean, I find it hilarious but it would be nice for her to catch a break.
    Women lacking an ambition(or even utility and details) is pretty common in Naruto world. Kishimoto sucks at writing female characters. Sakura just catches attention because of being a "main" character.

Sasuke might be a terrible dad, but fathers being away is just a Shounen trope. I haven't read Dragonball, but from your description Goku and Vegeta seem no different than Sasuke. Not to mention half of the Sraw Hats' fathers, Ryuuken, Hohenheim, etc.

Not sure why you mentioned that Karin is a lunatic. She is. But why does that matter? No reason for all the characters to be genius saints.

Also, you seem to have a lot of hatred towards Sasuke as a character. As a result, you would actually consider Sakura to be good if she denies Sasuke's request of taking care of Sarada. Even though Sarada herself has no fault in her father's actions. If Sakura really had denied taking care of Sarada because of her father, that would be a terrible thing to do.

The only thing that is bothering me is the picture incident. That ruins most scenarios in which Sakura looks like a mentally strong character who just decided to take care of an unfortunate child. I am not sure if Kishimoto will be able to pull off a decent explanation for it.
    Calling it now. Dragon's powers from Loguetown and Gray Terminal were not the result of some Devil Fruit. It was CoC.

Ehhh, in Goku's defense, when he's not around his family it's usually not by choice but I get what you're trying to say.

I don't know if this has been answered yet... But who is the pasty white, blue haired guy next to Bolt in the classroom?
    3DS Friendcode: 2921-9337-3545

Quote Originally Posted by Pkbaldy View Post
    I don't know if this has been answered yet... But who is the pasty white, blue haired guy next to Bolt in the classroom?
    For now, just a random classmate.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    For now, just a random classmate.
    Ahhh okay. Thanks. He was the most interesting thing about the Chapter.

Even though Sakura failing at breeding is hilarious.

His name is Mitsuki and he will be the third in the team with Boruto and Sarada.

An even is being held right now in Japan and some books were given there. They include some informations about the characters as well as two special chapters (the one revealing Kakashi's face and another about Kiba):

http://www.reddit.com/r/Naruto/comme...let_scans_raw/

What I like about this is how of a troll Kishimoto is. First he teased everyone with Pain's face for like a decade, so many theories appeared, in the end he was just a new guy. Now the same with Kakashi, in the end was just a regular face and not just that, he had already revealed it before!!!
    I wouldn't be surprised if the whole deal about Sarada turn out to be just that as well

Shipmate

Why can't we have Naruto's, Sakura's and Chouji's daughters just hanging out together being strong independant black women who need no man instead of this boring drama?

It's not like this is going to be an interesting character study or a thoughtful relationship commentary. Sure, Kishimoto has an awful track record, but nobody actually expects Sakura's daughter to be an adopted chld, right? In his usual needlessly complicated manner, Kishimoto will write a flashback inside of a flashback to illustrate the beautiful nonexistent bond of Sasuke and his family and how his daughter got her glasses as a gift from Karin or something.

At least Oda drew the best boy for the exhibition.

Kakashi's face would've had some effect if Kishi's style wasn't reduced to copying the same features onto everyone.

Dude, when was the last time Kishi ever putted Kakashi's cool dogs in a fight?

――サラダはいかがですか?
    岸本:あんまり可愛い感じではなく、少し暗めで芯の強い感じにしようかなと。僕の中だとサスケ の女のバーシ ョンです。ただ、サスケみたいな女の子だとちょっと怖いんで、サクラ的な要素も入れてます。メ ガネの子って 外すと可愛いとか、普段はそういうイメージで語られやすいんですが、メガネのままでも可愛くな るようなデザ インを心掛けました。服はサクラの雰囲気を踏襲していく感じですね。
    Interviewer: How is Sarada? [Or what about Sarada? T/N: In the context of design.]
    Kishimoto: Rather than cuteness, I wanted to project a slightly dark but strong hearted sense to Sarada. In my head, she is like a girl version of Sasuke. However, as it would be scary to have a Sasuke-like girl, I gave Sarada elements of Sakura as well. Although spectacled people are commonly given the image of "cute without glasses", in Sarada's case I aimed to make her cute even with her glasses on. Her clothes have a sense of Sakura, don't they?

↑サスケとサクラの娘、サラダ。クールな部分は父親譲り。血継限界も継いでいるのか!?
    Sarada, daughter of Sasuke and Sakura. Coolness inherited from her father. She also seems to have inherited his bloodline limits!?
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    His name is Mitsuki and he will be the third in the team with Boruto and Sarada.
    Hmmm, is it just me or does he have the same hair color as Kabuto, and same eye color when he is in that sage mode? Confirmed Kabuto relation.

Why didn't anyone ask why the hell he named her Salad.
    Hidden:

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyMerlyn View Post
    Sasuke might be a terrible dad, but fathers being away is just a Shounen trope. I haven't read Dragonball, but from your description Goku and Vegeta seem no different than Sasuke. Not to mention half of the Sraw Hats' fathers, Ryuuken, Hohenheim, etc.
    Goku is more like an older brother than a father to his children. This is partly due to the fact that Saiyans aren't naturally family-oriented. In Jaco the Galactic Patrolman, we learn more about Saiyans and how -- other than with the Royal Family -- familial relations don't mean anything to Saiyans. In fact, it was rare that Bardock, as a low-class Saiyan, had a wife and had some sort of fondness for his children -- or at least, Goku. Therefore, Goku naturally doesn't know how to form a human-like parental bond with his children, which is why he acts more like an elder sibling than a "real" father to Gohan and Goten. His relationship with his own wife, Chi Chi, is also that of a close friend than husband and wife. Other than the fact that Goku mated with her,he doesn't really treat Chi Chi differently than he does Bulma or Krillin.

Monkey D. Dragon is a dangerous revolutionary who is warring with the entire world government. It's not the safest place to be raising a child, and Luffy was better off in Garp's care.

The same goes for Yassop, who even says "I miss [Usopp] too. But I cannot help him because of one reason, the pirate flag has called me to stand up to this point!" Gecko island itself was but a small place with not much going on. We don't know if Yassop left in order to provide for his family (i.e. sending money back to them).

Kubo is really bad with writing any character, so, I won't try to defend or insult Ryuuken. For what it's worth, though, Ishida had a very loving grandfather. Likewise, Ichigo has a loving father.

Van Hohenheim left to defeat the homonculus. Like Dragon, he had to sacrifice his own family life for the betterment of the entire world. Van also told his wife that he was leaving and promised he would return to her one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaimon View Post
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...-to-see/.87519

So Kakashi's face has been revealed. Meh
    Huh....Well that's underwhelming. I can't recall any other characters that have his additional feature. But it's not really worth revealing?

Also to add to the list of absintee fathers. Ging...He acknowledged his son but he just didn't bother to be there for any reasin lol. To make it worse he basically purposely endangered his kid a couple times.
    Last edited by Cyclone_Baroness; April 25th, 2015 at 10:16 AM.

Oh, so that kid with the ghost hair has a name after all.

The Official Guestbook Shinden Fū no Sho book that began being passed out to visitors on Saturday to the Naruto-ten exhibition in Tokyo's Mori Tower revealed a new character for the upcoming Boruto -Naruto the Movie- film named Mitsuki (seen left in the image below.) The character's name literally means "full moon" in the Japanese language.

And an amazing backstory!

An enigma shrouded in many mysteries. A boy with composed expression... His slightly-long white hair has a waviness to it.

Source.

One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord

Closed Thread

Thread Information