Closed Thread
Page 390 of 500 FirstFirst ... 290 340 380 388 389 390 391 392 400 440 490 ... LastLast
Results 7,781 to 7,800 of 10000

Thread: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

Default Re: Naruto Thread Gaiden XI: Burrito and the Bastard Salad

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Filler episodes and anime exclusives don't count. (Unless the author wrote them.) IN THE MANGA is the only thing that does. ...even if the anime usually fixed the manga.
    Kishimoto was the one who created them so it does count. He wrote the story and created all designs for the movie. He stated that he always wanted to incorporate them into the manga, but could never find an appropriate time to do so. http://www.saiyanisland.com/2012/07/...uto-the-movie/

I've been revisiting the series actually and as much as you could rag on Usopp's character development being contradicted in Dressrosa, at least it's not just 100 chapters of him alone and it's one of the few moments to actually (possibly) contradict his development because since Arlong Park, because he's always faced his opponent and never ran away again, personally I'd even say that was intentional because he forgot about Robin. Because man, is it for a lengthy time when Sasuke becomes the focus and his brother has to be brought back 3 times for him to get the point, while it STILL feels out-of-nowhere because of the extent the story's been focusing on his revenge.

Sakura is so often set up to do something, but she so often fails. You could argue that OP has been worse about it's female characters Post-TS, but as minor their contributions are, they succeed in them. Nami was at least fighting fodder and camoflouged the ship, Robin at least figured out Poseidon's identity and well, y'know - as much as I dislike she never got to prove herself Rebecca actually has a backstory with more to her than just being jealous about other guys, having to learn to fight from an early age and caring about her country. The one big thing Sakura does, is of course very obviously set up and of course against the one female villain in the series.

I'd buy Kurama turning into a good guy would we see actual bonding between him and Naruto? Most of it is just taunting him, so it's all just cause Naruto is the main character. Also, the attempt to bring hard work back into the themes is really forced because for so long Naruto has been set up as a child of destiny. Sure, yoiu could argue achieving a dream requires both, talent and hard work, but it's so obviously just attempting to keep with the themes.
    Last edited by Kizuchan; April 24th, 2015 at 02:06 AM.

Really, Sakura should be a head doctor in Konoha by now, since she "may be even more talented that Tsunade". Instead she's like Eminem's mom in 8 Mile (which I saw a couple of days ago for the first time).
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

The only reason sakura probably fainted is so she wouldn't be able to actually explain to salad that she is her mother and so we can have enough chapters of this fan fic drama.
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    I just noticed they have a TV.
    I wonder what they watch?
    They've had TVs around since the beginning of Naruto. Earliest I can remember is the Chunin Exam, when they recorded Gaara.

And we've never seen any broadcasting stations anywhere right?

They are doing reruns of Sasuke (TV show) on one of my country's channels. Konoha (and others) should really turn Chuunin exams into obstacle course and put it live on TV. Only it probably wouldn't be called Sasuke.

What the piss was this tripe

So this is what being an established mangaka- I mean, "super rookie" lets you get away with huh? I know this is a spinoff gaiden thing, but this is still the first chapter of a new serialization. 'Tis supposed do draw in readers and encourage them to read on and shit.

And despite the magazine cover showing Naruto and his Mini-Me clone, and despite the friggin title of the Gaiden, we get...Salad moping over deadbeat dad Sasuke. So exciting. So engaging. Truly, this seems like a story that needed to be told. Oh, and I'm so glad we got the "Sasu-kuya wanders alone in the woods and looks up just as his daughter is thinking of him" scene. I mean, that was the best scene in the epilogue, so I'm glad we could see the exact same thing again.

Between comments on Sakuras penchant for fail-I mean, fainting, and on the kids being veritable clones of the old generation the chapter seems borderline self-aware, but then again, this is Kishimoto we're talking about and the "And then they have kids who are just like them and the scenario from chapter 1 repeats, FULL CIRCLE BITCHES!" ending is such an uninspired cliche that I've no doubt it was all in earnest.

Speaking of, might as well quickly comment on the epilogue since I never got around to that. Basically it was garbage that displayed the worst aspects of the "new generation, FULL CIRLCE!!!!!" ending. When you do a time-skip epilogue to a 700 chapter series, I'd like to see updates and sendoffs to the characters I've gotten to know and love, and to see how the world has evolved. Why the hell am I reading about a bunch of new characters, while the old ones are in the background doing pretty much fuck all? I don't know these kids. I don't care about them, I cared about the parents. And no, the kids having inherited looks, fashion sense, status and indeed entire personalities from their parents doesn't count.
    And they're still running around the same old ninja town training to become child soldiers, because the whole debate about that topic amounted to [Insert Naruto Philosophy Here], so thats why ninjas still seem to be just about the only occupation available, since we still need ninjas to fight [undisclosed], after all, the inter-village relations are [Value Missing] now, and the free Bijuus have affected the world by [N/A]. Oh, and its "more peaceful", and theres laptops and skyscrapers now! Brave new world.

A bit late, but that^ stuff was sitting around. Really, of all things in the epilogue, the fact that it features Sais clone-spawn still going to ninja school with giant swords on his back just about sums up the whole thing.

Kishi always did feel that Sasuke was more important than anything interesting or worthwhile in the series that was actually interesting or good.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

So did I understand it correctly that it will only be a three chapter long ad for the movie?^^
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version.

Sakura reached a complete new Level of being redundant, just right after 1 Chapter ...

Quote Originally Posted by MajinArekkusu View Post
    So did I understand it correctly that it will only be a three chapter long ad for the movie?^^
    I've heard 3 chapters and 10 chapters long.

Hoping for 3.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---
    Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post
    I'd like to see updates and sendoffs to the characters I've gotten to know and loathe
    Fixed for ya

Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post
    I don't know these kids. I don't care about them, I cared about the parents
    Did you really?

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    Did you really?
    Some semblance of holdover from the Chunin exams, and the spinoff series, kept us invested in Lee at least.

And from the spinoff Hinata and Ten Ten and Kiba. But only because of the spinoff.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    Did you really?
    Rock Lee and Guy, I cared about them. Too bad Kishi didn't.

Spoiler:
    And Hinata
    <3<3
    3DS Friend Code: 2466 - 2906 - 8327 | FS: (Delibird, Bergmite, Dewgong)
    PS4 Gamertag: GeoLigar

Box 1 & 2 Teams
    | Box 3, 4 and 5 Teams

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

Can't help noticing that the three main characters are NOT among those we care about
    Waldorf: You know Statler, after watching the last nine hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

I cared about Neji.

Least he doesn't have to worry about mortgages and how to find a steady income in a changing economy.

Ninja Warrior .
    Everything's Eventual...

The Korean Dub of 'Naruto: The Last' with incredibly shitty Eng Sub is out.

Wow. What the hell was that crap.
    Hidden:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...-to-see/.87519

So Kakashi's face has been revealed. Meh

Closed Thread

Thread Information