Closed Thread
Page 389 of 500 FirstFirst ... 289 339 379 387 388 389 390 391 399 439 489 ... LastLast
Results 7,761 to 7,780 of 10000

Thread: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

Default Re: Naruto Thread Gaiden XI: Burrito and the Bastard Salad

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyMerlyn View Post
    Let me get this straight. You do agree that adopted parents are better. And yet, Sakura adopting Sasuke's daughter is not good?
    Most of the adopted parents are doing it because if the kid.

Sakura is doing it because of the father.

Her taking care of a kid is fine, noble even. Her doing it over an obsession with Sasuke (down to rigging a photo and claiming to be a real mother) is... not so good.

Naruto never thought Iruka or Jiraiya was his father, for instance.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post

Her taking care of a kid is fine, noble even. Her doing it over an obsession with Sasuke (down to rigging a photo and claiming to be a real mother) is... not so good.

I see. We are in agreement then.
    Only I am hoping for some kind of reasonable explanation for her behavior instead of "Because Sasuke". Maybe I have my hopes too high.
    Calling it now. Dragon's powers from Loguetown and Gray Terminal were not the result of some Devil Fruit. It was CoC.

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

Thing is though we don't KNOW why Sakura adopted Sarada, or even that she did in the first place. You can't criticize someone's reason when we have only an assumption of what those reasons even are. Even if that assumption is likely (which given how Sakura is written sometimes I wouldn't put past Kishimoto)
    Waldorf: You know Statler, after watching the last nine hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

Quote Originally Posted by Razhem View Post
    I don't doubt that she loves her daughter, she is still the acting mother, but the circumstances of becoming a mother are beyond sad. Again, how little self worth do you have to just go with raising the kid from a guy that tried to kill you a few times and maybe hasn't even given you a pity fuck? She had no dreams? nor projects? no aspirations? just take care of Sasuke's unloved brat and be a housewife? I mean, Naruto was basically "taken care of by the village" and came out fine, hell,Naruto would have adopted her without batting an eye and since Naruto and Sasuke actually have a BOND, it wouldn't have felt so forced..
    No, what would have been truly sad and pathetic is if Sasuke approached her with this baby girl and asked Sakura if she could take care of her because he trusts that she'd be a better parent than he'd ever be, and he's right, and she flipped him off and said "fuck you" (justified) and "fuck that kid". Put her up in an adoption home and let the village raise her so she has no semblance of a real family. You know, because Sasuke is an asshole so Sarada should pay some kind of price.

Sakura doesn't hold any IOUs to Sasuke but she took it upon herself to raise Sarada as her own anyway because she most likely knew Sasuke wouldn't be there to do it. Even if her feelings for Sasuke played a part that doesn't make her deed less unselfish. She took the high road rather than the low.

Then there's always the chance that Sarada is actually Sakura's child she had with Sasuke and Sarada just happens to really look like Karin and this is all some fake drama. She's still not pathetic for being a "single" mother. The pathetic thing would be that she got with Sasuke in the first place. The only thing that could explain them getting together to marry and have a kid would be whatever happened over the timeskip after they saved the world but of course....that was all skipped.
    Everything's Eventual...

Quote Originally Posted by sgamer82 View Post
    Thing is though we don't KNOW why Sakura adopted Sarada, or even that she did in the first place. You can't criticize someone's reason when we have only an assumption of what those reasons even are.
    Again, we have 700 chapters and 15 years of track record and characterization and author habits here. We're not getting this annoyed from a rookie chapter.

Even if Salad is her bilogicial child, even if Sasuke's reasons for going missing are legitimate... for 15 years he's been an unsympathetic selfish loner ass, and she's been an obsessed hopeless stalker that can't take a hint... that betrayed the village repeatedly, tried to kill her multiple times, and repeatedly wanted nothing to do with her.

We've seen nothing in this chapter or the epilogue to indicate any reason to think anything otherwise happened to make their "bond" more legitimate, and the faked photo of them together only encourages the idea they had no quality time at all to warrant any of the respect/longing/waiting/appologizing she's doing for him

I mean, if they at least had *a* photo we could believe he tried and they had a happy 6 months or a year at least before he went off... but it seems like there's been a one night stand that happened to get Sakura pregnant *at best*.

... and the main driving drama of this mini story, true or not, its still the driving momentum of it, seems to be the premise that it's probably not even *that* good of a situation.

Sasuke's absolutely a dead beat dad no matter what the eventual excuse is, but Kishi will pardon him like he always does while trivializing Sakura's suffering.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

Again, we have 700 chapters and 15 years of track record here.
    Which is why I don't doubt the likelihood, merely point out we don't know.

Even if Salad is her bilogicial child, even if Sasuke's reasons for going missing are legitimate... for 15 years he's been an unsympathetic selfish loner ass, and she's been an obsessed hopeless stalker that can't take a hint... that betrayed the village repeatedly, tried to kill her multiple times, and repeatedly wanted nothing to do with her.

We've seen nothing in this chapter or the epilogue to indicate any reason to think anything otherwise happened to make their "bond" more legitimate, and the faked photo of them together only encourages the idea they had no quality time at all to warrant any of the respect/longing/waiting/appologizing she's doing for him

I mean, if they at least had *a* photo we could believe he tried and they had a happy 6 months or a year at least before he went off... but it seems like there's been a one night stand that happened to get Sakura pregnant *at best*.

He's absolutely a dead beat dad no matter what the eventual excuse is, but Kishi will pardon him like he always does.
    Sadly, I agree completely re: Sasuke getting off scot-free of any negative consequences (or even accusations). The only ways I can think of that would let Sasuke get any real sympathy is if Sarada isn't actually his (unlikely but not impossible) or (more unlikely theory incoming) if somehow Karin got pregnant without Sasuke even doing anything to cause it (she was one of many understudies under the closest thing the Naruto-verse has to a geneticist/biologist, after all). I genuinely hope for the latter since, as I mentioned earlier, I think it'd be hilarious of Sasuke's being a bad father to his child went so far as to have not fathered his child.
    Waldorf: You know Statler, after watching the last nine hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

Neji losing his father made him a horrible bitter person as well. And Hinata was a family dissapointment. And Gaara went psycho when his died! And Shikamaru's "development" arc was losing his mentor in a stupid heavy handed way. And most of the villains in the series have some sort of flashback about disappointing their elders or losing their dog Tiny or a 13 year old girl or something.
    Hey, but they all turned out fine! Except for Neji....Neji's dead...also Nagato...and Obito...damn.
    Everything's Eventual...

Oh god naruto thread, I didn't know that I needed you untill you returned to my life.

Let's toss Salad and Burritos for ever!!
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Ending all hostilities had to bring out a set of issues. Village system worked because of mistrust between them. Villages income depended largely on ninjas performing missions. If that system is abolished, there's not much purpose in training kids to be ninjas, aside of preserving tradition.

If Kishi is trying to introduce some more serious themes, he should at least do it thouroughly. But I won't judge before I've even seen if he has.
    Yeah, if they really wanted to move into the future, they would be trying to develop an industry rather than stagnating in one they made useless. Seriously, they have this whole town of magical stealth people and they can't think of any use for them besides wars that aren't happening. And as soon as the wars all end, the leader of the warrior village decides, "WELP, TIME TO EXPAND." I bet their relative military expenditure makes the United States' budget look sensible.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

...So why the hell does that picture of Sasuke still have Karin and Who Cares in it?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post

...So why the hell does that picture of Sasuke still have Karin and Who Cares in it?
    Because forced drama.

I just noticed they have a TV.
    I wonder what they watch?

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    I just noticed they have a TV.
    I wonder what they watch?
    16 chars of One Piece.

Found this post on tumblr

"i just realized
    salad is 12 years old. she is about to take the exam. she lives alone with her mother. her fathers location is unknown. salad wants to find her father but before she has to take the exam.
    petition to rename the naruto series to ninja x ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by Robby
    Actually, does Sakura even have parents that were ever mentioned ever? I'm pretty sure we saw parents to most of the Rookie 9 eventually, but... Sakura's? No?
    Yeah, we've seen her parents. They only appeared in a filler episode and Road to ninja though.

Quote Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
    Yeah, we've seen her parents. They only appeared in a filler episode and Road to ninja though.
    Filler episodes and anime exclusives don't count. (Unless the author wrote them.)

IN THE MANGA is the only thing that does.

...even if the anime usually fixed the manga.

In fact, maybe thats the trick. Maybe Sasuke has like, 8 children. Maybe other girl is raising Sakura's daughter and this is a big swap to avoid crazy swirly eye madness.
    Sasuke was so damn chaste for so long it wouldn't surprise me he decided to cash in on those good looks of his.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

So if Salad is actually Karin's daughter does this mean there is finally a person who is both uchiha/senju without all the implanted zetsu or face-in-a-torso nonsense? Second coming of rabbit god?
    Quote Originally Posted by Medical Orbit View Post
    Mihawk can see everything within a great distance with his hawk eyes, but can he see why kids love the taste of Cinnamon Toast Crunch?

The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar

How many chapters until Salad's angst leads to her eyeballs turning her into the world's new baddie? Who remembers that bit of trivia from Naruto?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing
    Stay focused, cause right now you have a decision to make. Are you a man perpetually looking back at what he’s lost, or a man looking forward, to what he might become?

Kishi is just trolling...in couple of chapters all three will be reunited...
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

Closed Thread

Thread Information