Closed Thread
Page 387 of 500 FirstFirst ... 287 337 377 385 386 387 388 389 397 437 487 ... LastLast
Results 7,721 to 7,740 of 10000

Thread: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

  1. #7721

    Default Re: Naruto Thread Gaiden XI: Burrito and the Bastard Salad

    HOW I MET YOUR FATHER (lets close this thread please, it's a shame this gaiden)

  2. #7722

    Default Re: Naruto Thread Gaiden XI: Burrito and the Bastard Salad

    Quote Originally Posted by BingBang View Post
    HOW I MET YOUR FATHER (lets close this thread please, it's a shame this gaiden)
    Are you saying you think this new 10 chapter special and the remaining anime and movies deserve a brand new thread of their own?

    I guess we could remerge it with Bleach or something.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

    Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

  3. #7723
    Saemon Havarian Razh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Croatia

    Default Re: Naruto Thread Gaiden XI: Burrito and the Bastard Salad

    Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    Kakashi's regime was defined by rapid unsustainable expansion, so it makes sense that Naruto's picking up the pieces from that.
    Ending all hostilities had to bring out a set of issues. Village system worked because of mistrust between them. Villages income depended largely on ninjas performing missions. If that system is abolished, there's not much purpose in training kids to be ninjas, aside of preserving tradition.

    If Kishi is trying to introduce some more serious themes, he should at least do it thouroughly. But I won't judge before I've even seen if he has.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

    It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

  4. #7724

    Default Re: Naruto Thread Gaiden XI: Burrito and the Bastard Salad

    Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Are you saying you think this new 10 chapter special and the remaining anime and movies deserve a brand new thread of their own?

    I guess we could remerge it with Bleach or something.
    Or create a new series called BLECHUTO: a 16 years old ninja girl who wants to become a Shinigami, she travels around the world with her dog KishiKubo fighting Hokage Spirits. Oh, and the enemy is called VoldeMadar, a vampire magician with a scar in his mouth.


    I THINK I WILL BECOME RICH WITH THAT!

  5. #7725

    Default Re: Naruto Thread Gaiden XI: Burrito and the Bastard Salad

    Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    This is by Kishimoto or someone else?
    Kishimoto himself.
    Wasn't the whole chapter evidence enough?

  6. #7726
    I like videogames TLC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Malta

    Default Re: Naruto Thread Gaiden XI: Burrito and the Bastard Salad

    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    You're assuming Sakura is unhappy raising Sarada or something because that's what this whole thing is about and I'm pretty sure Sarada is an important part of her life. If she's happy raising her and if they're a "family" and they love each other Sakura has one of the greatest rewards you can receive in life, whether the kid "belongs" to her not. Whether she's married to Sasuke or not. It doesn't ultimately change the healthy and loving relationship she built with Sarada.
    Not really feeling the love given Sakura destroyed the house over Salad questioning her precious Sasuke's integrity.

    Let's just assume though, it's a warm, loving mother and daughter relationship. It doesn't change the fact that assuming she's Karin's, Sakura was just saddled with a baby of her husband's mistress to raise all by herself from Sasuke who just went k bye and left her all by herself again. There's just no reward to Sakura in this relationship but she STILL stays with him because SASUKE-SAMA IS SO HOT!!!

  7. #7727

    Default Re: Naruto Thread Gaiden XI: Burrito and the Bastard Salad

    Quote Originally Posted by TLC View Post
    There's just no reward to Sakura in this relationship but she STILL stays with him because SASUKE-SAMA IS SO HOT!!!
    To be fair, I think the *intent* is Sakura sees deeper and more keenly into his heart than anyone else, including the readers, and sees the depths and sorrows that are there and knows if she can ease it a little its worthwhile, and carries the burdens of that, regardless of how nonsensical and stalkerish it may look to anyone else.

    Or at least, I think that's what we're supposed to get out of it and it hasn't been the "he's hot!" thing since the chunin exams. Except we never actually get that depth and insight so... it just comes off badly like she can't take a hint and is a stalker... rather than a forlorn soul mate or whatever.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

    Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

  8. #7728

    Default Re: Naruto Thread Gaiden XI: Burrito and the Bastard Salad

    Quote Originally Posted by TLC View Post
    Not really feeling the love given Sakura destroyed the house over Salad questioning her precious Sasuke's integrity.
    Firstly, it was a little kid meddling into her parents' relationship. I am pretty sure any parent would have gotten angry at that.
    Secondly, the house being destroyed by her punch was a gag. Kinda like hitting an extremely injured person in the nuts for an aerial launch.

    Quote Originally Posted by TLC View Post
    Let's just assume though, it's a warm, loving mother and daughter relationship. It doesn't change the fact that assuming she's Karin's, Sakura was just saddled with a baby of her husband's mistress to raise all by herself from Sasuke who just went k bye and left her all by herself again. There's just no reward to Sakura in this relationship but she STILL stays with him because SASUKE-SAMA IS SO HOT!!!
    Reward? Raising a kid is wrong for her because of no REWARD??????
    Sasuke might be a douche. Does that mean she is wrong in taking care of his child who has no fault in her father being a douche?
    Especially when she has seen with her own eyes how kids without parents turn out?
    Calling it now. Dragon's powers from Loguetown and Gray Terminal were not the result of some Devil Fruit. It was CoC.

  9. #7729

    Default Re: Naruto Thread Gaiden XI: Burrito and the Bastard Salad

    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyMerlyn View Post
    Firstly, it was a little kid meddling into her parents' relationship. I am pretty sure any parent would have gotten angry at that.
    Secondly, the house being destroyed by her punch was a gag. Kinda like hitting an extremely injured person in the nuts for an aerial launch.



    Reward? Raising a kid is wrong for her because of no REWARD??????
    Sasuke might be a douche. Does that mean she is wrong in taking care of his child who has no fault in her father being a douche?
    Especially when she has seen with her own eyes how kids without parents turn out?
    Huh.... apparently every parent throws an anger tantrum(but do not worry it's all just a joke) when confronted with a logical line of questioning coming from a little kid with justified abandonment/father issues. Always learning something new.
    Also it's hilarious... so haha obligatory laughter haha amazing gags.

  10. #7730
    I like videogames TLC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Malta

    Default Re: Naruto Thread Gaiden XI: Burrito and the Bastard Salad

    Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    To be fair, I think the *intent* is Sakura sees deeper and more keenly into his heart than anyone else, including the readers, and sees the depths and sorrows that are there and knows if she can ease it a little its worthwhile, and carries the burdens of that, regardless of how nonsensical and stalkerish it may look to anyone else.

    Or at least, I think that's what we're supposed to get out of it and it hasn't been the "he's hot!" thing since the chunin exams. Except we never actually get that depth and insight so... it just comes off badly like she can't take a hint and is a stalker... rather than a forlorn soul mate or whatever.
    Oh I know what the intent is but sadly, as you say, it's not executed well.

    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyMerlyn View Post
    Firstly, it was a little kid meddling into her parents' relationship. I am pretty sure any parent would have gotten angry at that.
    Secondly, the house being destroyed by her punch was a gag. Kinda like hitting an extremely injured person in the nuts for an aerial launch.

    The house falling apart was a gag, the emotions behind Sakura punching the ground were not. Seems to be Sakura got mad at Salad because her words hit too close to the truth.

    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyMerlyn View Post
    Reward? Raising a kid is wrong for her because of no REWARD??????
    Sasuke might be a douche. Does that mean she is wrong in taking care of his child who has no fault in her father being a douche?
    Especially when she has seen with her own eyes how kids without parents turn out?
    Being in this relationship has no reward, no love, no appreciation and nothing but burdens, child care included. You can talk ethics, but raising a child by yourself is a HUGE burden. And having to take care of a child, of the man you love and fight so dearly to get love back constantly, who made this child with another woman, a former enemy, behind your back, is a spit in the eye.

    If Salad is Karin's child, Sakura had no obligation to take care of her and had every right to go fuck you, you cheating douche and just not put up with the shit anymore ESPECIALLY since she was saddled to take care of her by herself while her douche of a husband went gallivanting around probably banging his mistress some more.

    Raising a child you just found a la Bellmere is admirable. Raising a child with your husband from another mistress is admirable. Raising a child without your husband from another mistress is questionable but admirable with the right writing. Raising a child of SASUKE from another mistress is stupid and awful and shows how far gone Sakura is as a character and how she's lost every ounce of self-respect at this point.

    Sasuke is terrible but so is Sakura for putting up with his shit. They're both terrible and deserve each other.
    Last edited by TLC; April 23rd, 2015 at 02:19 PM.

  11. #7731
    Discovered Stowaway Sythus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Japan

    Default Re: Naruto Thread Gaiden XI: Burrito and the Bastard Salad

    Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    You make him sound like he's British.
    People just..don't get us!

  12. #7732

    Default Re: Naruto Thread Gaiden XI: Burrito and the Bastard Salad

    The fact that she had no obligation is exactly what makes the act so honorable. The problem is not taking care of Sarada, but sticking with Sasuke despite everything he did. The problem is not the mother Sakura, but the wife.
    I believe if she took Sarada in and then kicked Sasuke out and divorced him, no one would have a problem with it.


    But this is all based on assumption, we don't know if Sarada is really Karin's daughter, if she is we don't know if she was conceived AFTER Sasuke and Sakura started dating, we don't know if Sasuke really left his home because he is irresponsible or exactly because there is some responsibility that demands him to be away from Konoha... there is a lot we don't know and people are already taking as fact just based on the possibility of Sakura not being Sarada's biological mother.
    Last edited by .access timeco.; April 23rd, 2015 at 02:31 PM.

  13. #7733

    Default Re: Naruto Thread Gaiden XI: Burrito and the Bastard Salad

    Quote Originally Posted by DarthAsthma View Post
    Huh.... apparently every parent throws an anger tantrum(but do not worry it's all just a joke) when confronted with a logical line of questioning coming from a little kid with justified abandonment/father issues. Always learning something new.
    Also it's hilarious... so haha obligatory laughter haha amazing gags.
    I am not sure where you live, but If a kid has asked such a question anywhere near the place I live, it would have resulted in a good lecture from the parent, possibly combined with some form of punishment, if not a tight slap right then and there.

    Of course, As you said, Sarada is asking a reasonable question, which is why Sakura regrets her unthoughtout actions the very next moment.
    Calling it now. Dragon's powers from Loguetown and Gray Terminal were not the result of some Devil Fruit. It was CoC.

  14. #7734

    Default Re: Naruto Thread Gaiden XI: Burrito and the Bastard Salad

    Quote Originally Posted by auem View Post
    You seriously think Sarada is Karin's child..?!
    mixing uzumaki-uchiha bloodline is something that sasuke probably would do, if that thing is possible
    Last edited by sealtiel; April 23rd, 2015 at 02:32 PM.

  15. #7735

    Default Re: Naruto Thread Gaiden XI: Burrito and the Bastard Salad

    Quote Originally Posted by TLC View Post
    Being in this relationship has no reward, no love, no appreciation and nothing but burdens, child care included. You can talk ethics, but raising a child by yourself is a HUGE burden. And having to take care of a child, of the man you love and fight so dearly to get love back constantly, who made this child with another woman, a former enemy, behind your back, is a spit in the eye.

    If Salad is Karin's child, Sakura had no obligation to take care of her and had every right to go fuck you, you cheating douche and just not put up with the shit anymore ESPECIALLY since she was saddled to take care of her by herself while her douche of a husband went gallivanting around probably banging his mistress some more.

    Raising a child you just found a la Bellmere is admirable. Raising a child with your husband from another mistress is admirable. Raising a child without your husband from another mistress is questionable but admirable with the right writing. Raising a child of SASUKE from another mistress is stupid and awful and shows how far gone Sakura is as a character and how she's lost every ounce of self-respect at this point.

    Sasuke is terrible but so is Sakura for putting up with his shit. They're both terrible and deserve each other.
    I guess it's pointless to say anything more when you are convinced she is terrible when there is literally no information on why is raising Sarada, whose daughter she actually is, and why Sasuke left in the first place.
    Calling it now. Dragon's powers from Loguetown and Gray Terminal were not the result of some Devil Fruit. It was CoC.

  16. #7736

    Default Re: Naruto Thread Gaiden XI: Burrito and the Bastard Salad

    Hmm. Pretty meh.

    I mean, it's pretty hilarious, the kids designs are still stupid and it wasn't very entertaining or engaging in any way (and the cliffhanger was uber stupid), but, at least, seeing the old protagonists passing the torch in a somewhat, slightly, vaguely natural form is ok. Salada is showing hints of a character and that's more that can be said about a good chunk of the main cast. Sakura is still awful though.

    Finaly, Sakura only having THAT photo of Sasuke? That's histerical.

  17. #7737
    I like videogames TLC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Malta

    Default Re: Naruto Thread Gaiden XI: Burrito and the Bastard Salad

    Oh sure, this is all based on a what if. I made that clear in my post. Hell, if it's revealed Sakura took Salad, punched Sasuke in the face and told him I don't want to do anything with you any more, I'll take back every word I said. Doubt that's the case given their dialogue though.
    Last edited by TLC; April 23rd, 2015 at 02:36 PM. Reason: If it's revealed simply that Sakura is the mom, she'll just go from worthless to slightly less worthless.

  18. #7738

    Default Re: Naruto Thread Gaiden XI: Burrito and the Bastard Salad

    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyMerlyn View Post
    I am not sure where you live, but If a kid has asked such a question anywhere near the place I live, it would have resulted in a good lecture from the parent, possibly combined with some form of punishment, if not a tight slap right then and there.

    Of course, As you said, Sarada is asking a reasonable question, which is why Sakura regrets her unthoughtout actions the very next moment.
    Germany of Asian descent. That said I don't see how that would relate to anything.
    Believing in adults being judged by a higher standard vs kids is very much about my own values.
    I think you're a shitty adult(or rather not one at all) and person if that's your way of dealing with a kid that has every right to ask these questions.

    She doesn't ask them to a stranger but her friggin mother, her only contact with her dad is a photo and when your own mom can't even tell you about your dad you have every right to think "whats up with that" that's not some crazy meddling that's fucking having a brain to think.

    Like you're a fucking adult how hard is it to empathize with a kid of that age without father.
    Jeez I find this actually disgusting if you would reprimand a kid for this, where is the wrong doing that would justify that???

    Also regret does not equal repentance. Sometimes it's within reason to accept something as excusable if you see the person reflecting on it, I don't think this is one of those times. She had literally no reason to do what she did.
    Last edited by DarthAsthma; April 23rd, 2015 at 02:44 PM.

  19. #7739
    Saemon Havarian Razh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Croatia

    Default Re: Naruto Thread Gaiden XI: Burrito and the Bastard Salad

    Come on guys. There's no way Salad could have found the picture of Karin if Sakura hadn't destroyed the house first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

    It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

  20. #7740

    Default Re: Naruto Thread Gaiden XI: Burrito and the Bastard Salad

    Someone take that kid away from this adult who displayed irritation against the ground and then said she was sorry, this person is a danger for herself and others... and the ground. Losing composure makes you that bad of a person.

    I wonder how many times we saw parents slaping kids when they are confronted with harsh truths in fiction and nobody ever condemned those people to hell for that. I mean, damn, Sakura didn't even directed her anger at Sarada.

Closed Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts