Closed Thread
Page 369 of 500 FirstFirst ... 269 319 359 367 368 369 370 371 379 419 469 ... LastLast
Results 7,361 to 7,380 of 10000

Thread: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

Default Re: Burrito Thread 1100: Even Neji is Deader than this Series!

Quote Originally Posted by RobZilla View Post
    Aha!

Apparently the Third Hokage concealed their family relation;

Naruto was a "uzumaki", kushina uzumaki was married with minato and had a son. Even if you conceal it, people SHOULD figure that out

Everything about the fox is a secret

Except that this kid has the fox inside him

And he's part of the Uzumaki clan

And that it's okay for everyone to be a complete dick to the kid who has this dangerous creature in him.

What a great plan Sarutobi

Quote Originally Posted by Yobiyopi View Post
    Naruto was a "uzumaki", kushina uzumaki was married with minato and had a son. Even if you conceal it, people SHOULD figure that out
    I know, I agree.

I'm just pointing to what the explanation seems to be within the story.
    "Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!" - Auron

Sarutobi what a jokester. Information lockdown so that Naruto doesn't know he's a vessel for a mass of hatred but turns out the entire village's adult generation is comprised of idiots whose first instinct is to poke a monster with a stick.

What a guy

What I cant figure out is why sarutobi couldnt have just relocated naurto to some isolated farm or village with two anbu foster parents and give him a new identity? Wouldn't that have solved a few glaring plotholes as well as make...more sense than having an atom bomb walking around the village?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowgreed View Post
    Check what just happened to the biggest Naruto troll

I don't think I've seen any of his Naruto videos besides the Hunter X Hunter (maybe Kishimoto was insecure and googled it to see if anyone noticed) but it's not everyday a manga/anime reviewer gets noticed by a mangaka.

Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post
    But that very same beast had been sealed inside Narutos Mom previously, showing that a Host need not be feared at all. It was even a time-honered tradition of Kushinas family! Plus, the thing that stopped the Kyuubi rampage in the first place was the fact that it got sealed inside Naruto.
    Unless the entire village had a collective brain-fart and forgot that Naruto descended from a tailor-made Kyuubi host family, theres no reason to treat him like the anomalous spawn of satan, instead of the tragic new bearer of a traditional village burden.
    Well, apparently the fact that Kushina had the 9 Tails sealed inside her was kept a secret. The village didn't know about her being the second Jinchuuriki (Mito being the 1st and Naruto being the 3rd).

Hidden:
    The villagers (99% of them at least) didn't know Kushina even gave birth. Yes, Kushina's pregnancy wasn't a secret...

Hidden:
    But the birth was a secret, so while everyone knew Minato was due to have a child someday soon, they just didn't know when.

Hidden:
    All most of the villae knew was that Kushina was pregnant before the Kyubi attack and that she was dead after the Kyubi attack. Nothing about giving birth. It's true as everyone has said his last name was Uzamaki, the same as his mother's.

Hidden:
    And Naruto's last name wasn't exactly a secret.

Hidden:
    But what about Kushina's last name? Jiraiya, Naruto's self-appointed godfather...

Hidden:
    ...Jiraiya didn't even know Kushina's last name.
    Hidden:
    I'm not so sure Kushina's last name was publicly known. The very first pic I used in response to Daz shows the whole reason she was brought to the village as a child was top secret. Maybe they kept her identity secret to protect her. She was already kidnapped as a child afterall because of her special chakra.

And of course the pic Robz put up showed that the 3rd Hokage purposefully suppressed the flow of information for reasons. And this pic puts a little bit more information behind why the 3rd didn't tell anybody why Naruto was Minato's son.

Hidden:
    So was it the village being stupid for not figuring out Naruto was the 4th Hogake's son? Haha, yes, I still think so.

Everything's Eventual...

And that's where you completely underestimate the 3rd. He made sure that around 90% of villagers got the surname Uzumaki. Why should anyone ask any question regarding such ordinary names like Smith, Johnson, Uzumaki?

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Hermit View Post
    Everything about the fox is a secret

Except that this kid has the fox inside him

And he's part of the Uzumaki clan

And that it's okay for everyone to be a complete dick to the kid who has this dangerous creature in him.

What a great plan Sarutobi
    Well to be fair I doubt Sarutobi was ok with people treating Naruto the way they were treating him but what could he actually do to stop the villagers? What most of the village did was just...hate Naruto. You can't punish people for simply giving Naruto the evil eye, ignoring him, or punish them because of the way their kids treat him because of the bad vibes they're getting from their parents. Even if Sarutobi let Naruto live with him, when the kid went outside he'd still be treated the same.

Killer Bee went through the same stuff.

Hidden:

Gaara went through the same stuff and he was the Kazekage's kid. Sarutobi is no saint and sure he could've doted over Naruto and kept him close by at all time but the guy doesn't strike me as that kind of father figure. And the current Naruto can't even spend much time with his own kid because of all the "work" he has as Hokage and these are peaceful times, lol.
    Everything's Eventual...

Numder 3 is the best colorspread out of the bunch just because it's somewhat creative.
    Sarutobi what a jokester. Information lockdown so that Naruto doesn't know he's a vessel for a mass of hatred but turns out the entire village's adult generation is comprised of idiots whose first instinct is to poke a monster with a stick.

What a guy
    The Third was actively working to unleash Kurama again but the basic stupidity and incompetence of everyone thwarted that.

Quote Originally Posted by valiantt View Post
    What I cant figure out is why sarutobi couldnt have just relocated naurto to some isolated farm or village with two anbu foster parents and give him a new identity? Wouldn't that have solved a few glaring plotholes as well as make...more sense than having an atom bomb walking around the village?
    Because the Jinchuurikis are considered as the village's most powerful weapons to be used in times of war/defense.

Hidden:
    You don't want your super-powerful weapon off in some isolated hut away from your village guarded by 2 garbage Anbu who can be killed and your powerful weapon taken away. We all know how terrible the "elite" Anbu fighters are. You need at least a whole village of them to be anywhere near effective.
    Everything's Eventual...

Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Well to be fair I doubt Sarutobi was ok with people treating Naruto the way they were treating him but what could he actually do to stop the villagers? What most of the village did was just...hate Naruto. You can't punish people for simply giving Naruto the evil eye, ignoring him, or punish them because of the way their kids treat him because of the bad vibes they're getting from their parents. Even if Sarutobi let Naruto live with him, when the kid went outside he'd still be treated the same.

Killer Bee went through the same stuff.

Gaara went through the same stuff and he was the Kazekage's kid. Sarutobi is no saint and sure he could've doted over Naruto and kept him close by at all time but the guy doesn't strike me as that kind of father figure. And the current Naruto can't even spend much time with his own kid because of all the "work" he has as Hokage and these are peaceful times, lol.
    And in retrospect, it was all very stupid given what we know as the series progressed. Even if the third wouldn't punish people for discrimination, it's just generally really stupid for people to potentially fuck with a ticking timebomb

I mean if only Sarutobi were as much of a loving and doting father figure like the fourth kazekage. Now there was a guy who knew how to build character for a kid by fucking with him on a psychological level

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowgreed View Post
    Check what just happened to the biggest Naruto troll

"You could pretty much say i wrote Naruto (...) You could definitely say that i have impacted the story of Naruto ..."

....well...no ? but congratulations anyway

And in retrospect, it was all very stupid given what we know as the series progressed. Even if the third wouldn't punish people for discrimination, it's just generally really stupid for people to potentially fuck with a ticking timebomb

I mean if only Sarutobi were as much of a loving and doting father figure like the fourth kazekage. Now there was a guy who knew how to build character for a kid by fucking with him on a psychological level
    Yeah, the whole attitude shared by every village towards their Jinchuuriki was stupid. Stupid ignorance. I don't think it was stupid in retrospect though. I thought it was pretty evidently stupid from the near beginning of the manga.
    Everything's Eventual...

Well, apparently the fact that Kushina had the 9 Tails sealed inside her was kept a secret. The village didn't know about her being the second Jinchuuriki (Mito being the 1st and Naruto being the 3rd).

The villagers (99% of them at least) didn't know Kushina even gave birth. Yes, Kushina's pregnancy wasn't a secret...

But the birth was a secret, so while everyone knew Minato was due to have a child someday soon, they just didn't know when.

All most of the villae knew was that Kushina was pregnant before the Kyubi attack and that she was dead after the Kyubi attack. Nothing about giving birth. It's true as everyone has said his last name was Uzamaki, the same as his mother's.

And Naruto's last name wasn't exactly a secret.

But what about Kushina's last name? Jiraiya, Naruto's self-appointed godfather...

...Jiraiya didn't even know Kushina's last name.I'm not so sure Kushina's last name was publicly known. The very first pic I used in response to Daz shows the whole reason she was brought to the village as a child was top secret. Maybe they kept her identity secret to protect her. She was already kidnapped as a child afterall because of her special chakra.

And of course the pic Robz put up showed that the 3rd Hokage purposefully suppressed the flow of information for reasons. And this pic puts a little bit more information behind why the 3rd didn't tell anybody why Naruto was Minato's son.

So was it the village being stupid for not figuring out Naruto was the 4th Hogake's son? Haha, yes, I still think so.

http://i58.tinypic.com/fum441.jpg
    Was all of this secret stuff made to "protect" (?) naruto from harm? Because if that is the case, throwing him in the chuunin exams where he could die wasn't the most brilliant idea after all the secret stuff made. Or even sending him in any mission for the matter, since ninjas were ready to die for the mission's sake at times (also that brings up the point that Kakashi could have protected everyone in the mist village by spamming kamui and other broken stuff).

If not, what was the purpose of doing all of this intricate thing? (That in the end didnt even matter since black zetsu was apparently already ahead of everyone)

Yeah, the whole attitude shared by every village towards their Jinchuuriki was stupid. Stupid ignorance. I don't think it was stupid in retrospect though. I thought it was pretty evidently stupid from the near beginning of the manga.
    The fox seemed pretty sealed at the beginning, so now you're basically kicking around a scapegoat for this huge menace that ruined lives back in the day.

Now once Gaara entered the picture, though...

Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post
    That number 4 still amazes me with its awfulness; its seriously some of the worst perspective fuckuppery I've ever seen. How did any editor ever accept it?
    I thought the point was that it was supposed to be a perspective trick in the first place.

Was all of this secret stuff made to "protect" (?) naruto from harm? Because if that is the case, throwing him in the chuunin exams where he could die wasn't the most brilliant idea after all the secret stuff made.
    Not from physical harm I presume. I mean if you were to find out that the reason you're being ostracized by half the adults in your village is because your father out of desperation sealed a powerful creature inside of you without your consent, you'd feel some type of way too.

(also that brings up the point that Kakashi could have protected everyone in the mist village by spamming kamui and other broken stuff).
    Except for the part where Kakashi didn't yet have access to his Mangekyo Sharingan and even if he did wouldn't have been able to get much mileage out of it.
    Last edited by Green_vs_Red; January 21st, 2015 at 01:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Karaage-san, Aishiteru! AfroSamurai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingBepo View Post
    "You could pretty much say i wrote Naruto (...) You could definitely say that i have impacted the story of Naruto ..."

....well...no ? but congratulations anyway
    I think you may have missed the implied sarcasm

Was all of this secret stuff made to "protect" (?) naruto from harm? Because if that is the case, throwing him in the chuunin exams where he could die wasn't the most brilliant idea after all the secret stuff made. Or even sending him in any mission for the matter, since ninjas were ready to die for the mission's sake at times (also that brings up the point that Kakashi could have protected everyone in the mist village by spamming kamui and other broken stuff).

If not, what was the purpose of doing all of this intricate thing? (That in the end didnt even matter since black zetsu was apparently already ahead of everyone)
    Jinchuuriki's are living weapons made for war and political power. Unless you only have one to throw some weight around in the political spectrum it's going to be pretty useless and even more unpredictable in a war if it doesn't have any fighting experience in life or death siutations.

The fox seemed pretty sealed at the beginning, so now you're basically kicking around a scapegoat for this huge menace that ruined lives back in the day.

Now once Gaara entered the picture, though...
    I always got the impression not too far into the manga that the seal was vulnerable and if it broke it meant bad news, before Gaara even arrived.

http://narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/28/10/

And if you go off the beginning mythos a broken seal surely equaled bad news.

But even more to the point of what was really ignorant was the villagers' treatment of an 'innocent child'. I mean, before we knew Naruto was a possible ticking time bomb and before we knew he was only 1 of 9, we knew from the very beginning that the way they treated him was wrong.
    Last edited by Outerspec; January 21st, 2015 at 03:31 PM.

Closed Thread

Thread Information