Closed Thread
Page 360 of 500 FirstFirst ... 260 310 350 358 359 360 361 362 370 410 460 ... LastLast
Results 7,181 to 7,200 of 10000

Thread: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

Default Re: Burrito Thread XI: The End? I still don't believe it!

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    It's bad enough in One Piece that Luffy is the son of Dragon and his hat once belonged to Roger. It'd really be awful if it turned out Roger also had the Gum Gum fruit and no has bothered to mention it before now.
    Damn now the would be a hell of a throw it in moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

It's bad enough in One Piece that Luffy is the son of Dragon and his hat once belonged to Roger. It'd really be awful if it turned out Roger also had the Gum Gum fruit and no has bothered to mention it before now.
    ...wait, what?!
    I obviously must have missed that, where was that stated?

"Unicorns can't see into your heart. All our dumb horns can do is glow, point towards the nearest rainbow and play rave music!"

Visit my Etsy Shop: Heart'n'Skull or Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Nami View Post
    ...wait, what?!
    Right before the timeskip, I think. Roger had it, then gave it to Shanks, then to Luffy. Neither of them had it long enough to become a trademark though.

It made it to one of the anime openings shortly after.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Nami View Post
    ...wait, what?!
    Spoiler:

One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord

.. oh, now that I see it, I remember it again.

thx

"Unicorns can't see into your heart. All our dumb horns can do is glow, point towards the nearest rainbow and play rave music!"

Visit my Etsy Shop: Heart'n'Skull or Tumblr

Yeah its one of those things that are not said but is heavily implied.
    We've seen Shanks had the had since he was a Rogers Pirate.
    We've seen Shanks give the hat to Luffy, saying its very special to him.
    Then we see Roger once had a strawhat when he first met Rayleigh, but he didn't have it by time he was captain and Shanks had a strawhat.
    So its speculation that it is the very same hat, going from Rogers to Shanks to Luffy.
    Its strongly supported by Shanks comments of Luffy reminding him of Roger, concering what Luffy said that moment that made Shanks decide to give the hat to Luffy.

The story about how Shanks got that hat from Roger should be really amazing!

Now why are we talking about this in Naruto thread? I have to go check that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigivel View Post
    The story about how Shanks got that hat from Roger should be really amazing!

Now why are we talking about this in Naruto thread? I have to go check that.

Fair play, Naruto has invaded the OP threads so many times, about time there was balance.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

By letting the fox demon take over and overwhelm them with crazy ammounts of chakra?
    No, the fox did play a major role in beating Pain, but I'm talking about him hiding his shadow clones as rocks and using them to force Pain to use his Shinra Tensei opening him up for a Rasengan.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    So...even Kishi doesn't like Sasuke
    Kind of puzzled by the not ductile part considering he willingly sought out Orochimaru without much hesitation and pretty much had no problem believing what Itachi & Obito wanted him to believe about the massacre.
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting

"He was really hard to write convincingly... but you know I needed him to go that way because I needed the plot to go this way."

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Hermit View Post
    "He was really hard to write convincingly... but you know I needed him to go that way because I needed the plot to go this way."
    Basically Sasuke's was the living embodiment of Geese Howard's "Raging Storm" command.

Quote Originally Posted by God of Skypeia View Post
    No, the fox did play a major role in beating Pain, but I'm talking about him hiding his shadow clones as rocks and using them to force Pain to use his Shinra Tensei opening him up for a Rasengan.
    Was that the move that actually did anything and finished Pain off? Or was it ultimately just as ineffective and useless as all the other moves since he was able to just revive his other bodies and such and nuke the village?

I havent read it in five years and don't plan to again, but as I recall nothing Naruto tried really worked and just led to him being pinned and captured and needing rescue from Hinata.... which in turn led to the berserk fox saving his ass and doing all the work that mattered.

And really. "Use your clones" and "turn into something else" aren't exactly new naruto "strategies" considering he was doing them in the first chapter... and turning into a log or an enemy's teammate or whatever was a staple for the early part of the series for strategy.

Compared to turning into Kiba's own dog, or Shikimaru hiding his shadow in holes, or Neji figuring out that his enemy was going to attack in his blind spot?

It was berserk mode fox that did everything of any worth in that fight. Nothing Naruto did.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Oh, I just remembered one more thing...

It's been heavily implied on Fishman Island that Luffy will also be able to hear the voice of all things. So there's that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Was that the move that actually did anything and finished Pain off?
    It was the move that actually finished Pein off.
    Everything's Eventual...

It was the move that actually finished Pein off.
    So... AFTER the fox had done all the actual work and damage.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Oh, I just remembered one more thing...

It's been heavily implied on Fishman Island that Luffy will also be able to hear the voice of all things. So there's that.
    That doesn't bother me since like Haki, its implied that its something a lot of people with a certain personality and ambition can develop... its not just a specific magical genetic bloodline trait.

Honestly, Ace being the blood son of Roger was a good way of working around that whole mess.

So... AFTER the fox had done all the actual work and damage.
    Actually no. Naruto did most of the damage to Pein and destroyed most of the bodies before he even went berserk. He did most of the fighting in Sage Mode. The berserk mode saved him from Chibaku Tensei but it also almost destroyed him. Regardless, it saved him for a minute, dissipated, and the fight resumed as normal.
    Everything's Eventual...

Actually no. Naruto did most of the damage to Pein and destroyed most of the bodies
    That doesn't matter when Pain could resurrect them at no cost. The other ninjas including Kakashi and Konomaru took out a bunch of bodies too, and it was completely meaningless. Other ninjas also did ALL the recon on his powers and abilities.

Having a prolonged fight and getting lots of moves off doesn't matter if you aren't actually doing anything.

Similarly, people often complain about Nightmare Luffy ruining the Oars fight, but never seem to realize that, as a zombie, any damage Nightmare Luffy did was moot... it was still only the team efforts that mattered.

If you don't actually do anything to the opponent, it doesn't matter how fancy your setup was or how flashy a move looked.

That doesn't matter when Pain could resurrect them at no cost. The other ninjas including Kakashi and Konomaru took out a bunch of bodies too, and it was completely meaningless. Other ninjas also did ALL the recon on his powers and abilities.

Having a prolonged fight and getting lots of moves off doesn't matter if you aren't actually doing anything.

Similarly, people often complain about Nightmare Luffy ruining the Oars fight, but never seem to realize that, as a zombie, any damage Nightmare Luffy did was moot... it was still only the team efforts that mattered.

If you don't actually do anything to the opponent, it doesn't matter how fancy your setup was or how flashy a move looked.
    But it wasn't the Fox that did anything to the opponent by that outlook either. All the Fox did was get Naruto out of that ball. It was actually Naruto that destroyed the last body with his own techniques.
    Everything's Eventual...

Am I only remembering the wacky hijinks of ANIME fox completely going to town on Pain then?

Like I said, I havent read the chapter since it came out and have no desire to read it again. But there's definitely a ton of anime gifs and videos of the fox just utterly owning and destroying Pain, while I clearly remember Naruto's attacks while beign flashy on one-shotty on the extra bodies, not actually doing much and getting him caught.

(And wasn't Naruto also pinned by spikes before going fox mode?)

Closed Thread

Thread Information