Closed Thread
Page 344 of 500 FirstFirst ... 244 294 334 342 343 344 345 346 354 394 444 ... LastLast
Results 6,861 to 6,880 of 10000

Thread: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

Default Re: Burrito Thread XI: The End? I still don't believe it!

This sounds random as hell.

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

The only ''important thing'' happening in the movie is narutos and hinatas romance, other than that the villain is completely filler, cause we know that ultimately nothing is going to change till the events in the future. Nobody is going to die etc. A useless filler movie, like all the other ones pretty much.

So, two years have passed since the war ended and Naruto and Hinata aren't together yet? Yeah, Hinata's at-death's-door confession didn't mean shit. :D

That's true love, folks...

Quote Originally Posted by springsring View Post
    Finished reading through the Chunnin Exams/Invasion arc, it was super great.
    Don't really know if I want to force myself to continue after this point though.
    Don't continue.
    There's a modicum of OK material directly after that, but the long dark tunnel to hell is not far from you.
    Remember Naruto as just it's better days.

Quote Originally Posted by MajinArekkusu View Post
    The only ''important thing'' happening in the movie is narutos and hinatas romance, other than that the villain is completely filler, cause we know that ultimately nothing is going to change till the events in the future. Nobody is going to die etc. A useless filler movie, like all the other ones pretty much.
    Kishi first spoils the end of manga with the movie info, then he spoils the end of movie with the end of manga.

Lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    Don't continue.
    There's a modicum of OK material directly after that, but the long dark tunnel to hell is not far from you.
    Remember Naruto as just it's better days.
    I'll do that, my time could be much better spent reading FMA.
    I just don't see how Kishimoto was able to drop the ball so hard in every single aspect, even his volume covers degraded.
    It just seems so impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Kishi first spoils the end of manga with the movie info, then he spoils the end of movie with the end of manga.

Lol.
    Reminds me of the time Kishi accidentally spoiled the Tobi/Obito reveal in one of his Road to Ninja notes.

I just don't see how Kishimoto was able to drop the ball so hard in every single aspect, even his volume covers degraded.
    FMA is a good series, so good choice.
    And yeah, his cover art sharply declined.

The answer is pretty obvious. He had a story to tell, and he told it. He'd probably only planned to run the series for another 2 or 3 years after the rescue sasuke arc (long enough to deal with Itachi and Orochimaru) and then had planned on finishing. But the series was too popular at that point and he was strongly encouraged to extend it.

The turning point is when Choji and Neji both turned out to be alive after having been dead for a solid year, despite all the obvious thematic symbolism in their sacrifices... not to mention the sand siblings arrival and making peace, and Lee's recovery...

If I had to wager a guess, I'd say that (especially given the length of the rescue Sasuke arc) that Kishi has originally intended for Choji and Neji to truly die, but for Sasuke to be saved... and that said sacrifice of all the others would have turned him around enough to work with a team and they would have then all gone after the baddies together, perhaps after a timeskip, yes.. Orochimaru may have then at that point been betrayed by Kabuto, who could have then gone down a similar road to what he ended up doing maybe?

But Kishi was closing plot threads and character arcs left and right during that story (And Kiba had no arc, which is why he didn't have a death scene) and then at the end it was all undone so the story could be dragged out longer. It was at that point the entire Akatsuki were introduced in silhouette, and the entire Sasuke retrieval was wasted. If the entire point was only to fail the mission, Kishi could have done that story much, MUCH faster... or just had the Naruto/Sasuke fight... he was clearly intending that arc to provide closure to a lot of things.

(Which incidentally, if Naruto HAD saved Sasuke at that point, and the other characters sacrificed for him, has Sasuke learned from that, that would be *exactly* the sort of "strong brotherly bond" needed to have the characters later actions make any sort of sense. It's possible Kishi kept that moment in his head the entire last decade, even though it was different in-book.)

Its absolutely no coincidence that after that arc, Kishi took a couple months break, there was a timeskip, and the art quaity *immediately* dropped in part two. (Aside from actual art quality drop, , the entire cast received much easier to draw outfits, largely full of black.) He'd buckled to editorial pressure and went for extending the series rather than telling the story he was actually passionate about, and no artist can do their best work when they have no passion or enthusiasm, especially for *years* at a time.

Now, I could be completely wrong, and obviously this is nothing that would ever be said publicly, but all signs in the actual product scream it to be the case,
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Kishido View Post
    More from the movie

http://www.naruto-movie.com/sp/story.html

Translated by takL from NF

Spoiler:
    Naruto and Sasuke's clash of fate settled
    2 years since then in Konoha Gakure no Sato (the Village Hidden in Leaves) ...

YET unreceived Feelings.
    Where does the silent passion (/do the intimate thoughts) go....

Winter festival is approaching Konoha Gakure no Sato. Naruto is having a good time with friends he has grown with in Ichiraku ramen shop. Meanwhile the feelings in the muffler (=wool scarf) Hinata furtively knitted haven't been delivered yet. Hinata is disgusted at herself for not having been able to do anything but just watch (Naruto). Then, a mystery man comes in out of nowhere. Naruto cuts in to help by a hair's breadth and the man disappeared leaving the uncanny words "you're doomed to extinction. Before that, Hinata, I'll come to fetch you." what is the fate to extinction? Why should Hinata be targeted?
    The very moment, a meteor (/meteorites) with a shrill light pierced the night sky...!

THE MOON's abnormal approach! Is this a natural disaster? Or a warning bell to Shinobis----?

5 Kage meeting is urgently held. On the board are the leaders of the nations, Raikage, Mizukage, Tsuchikage, Gaara and... At this rate the moon will disintegrate into wrecks to bombard the earth. the countdown to human extinction has already started. Shinobis fall into confusion. Naruto with Sakura, Shikamaru, Sai and Hinata embarks on the investigation and gets to an alien subterranean space where a gigantic spell/curse seal/mark engraved. Awaiting there were a certain scheme and an unbelievable name.

for the new era, weave hopes.
    No give up on the future.

Toneri O'tsutuki. the man is actually a descendant of Kaguya O'tsutsuki, the origin of chakra, who engaged Naruto and Sasuke in deadly combat in the past.
    Just then, Toneri shows up with an army of puppets and routs Naruto and co with overwhelming power. And Hinata ends up falling into his hands.
    In the meantime on the ground, shinobis fierce defence against the showering meteorites has reached its limit. What is the 'very final project' to be finally revealed!? What is the sad fate that lies among the O'tsutsuki clan and among the Hyuga clan(/between the O'tsutsuki clan and the Hyuga clan) !? The upcoming Dooms day, their unbending feelings collide with each other!

And some sketch of Toneri's freak eyes...

The gear eyes look neat by themselves, but jfc Kishi; can you not think of anything speshul that's NOT an eye power?

Oh well. At least it looks like the Hyuuga being relevant plot point from the Chuunin exams'll be addressed.

He lost interest, but couldn't quit. Plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Its absolutely no coincidence that after that arc, Kishi took a couple months break, there was a timeskip, and the art quaity *immediately* dropped in part two. (Aside from actual art quality drop, , the entire cast received much easier to draw outfits, largely full of black.) He'd buckled to editorial pressure and went for extending the series rather than telling the story he was actually passionate about, and no artist can do their best work when they have no passion or enthusiasm, especially for *years* at a time.
    Can you elaborate on this? I didn't read this part of the manga and I'm not an expert on manga art so I would like to know how can an art syle decrease in quality, some visual examples would help.

In a recent interview, this month to be exact, with his first editor, Kishi revealed that they only planned for five years.

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post

Lol.
    At the very least this won't lead into a movie prequel trilohu people whine about not being as great as the original trilogy that preceded it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey D. Destiny View Post
    Can you elaborate on this? I didn't read this part of the manga and I'm not an expert on manga art so I would like to know how can an art syle decrease in quality, some visual examples would help.
    Firstly, read any chapter from early part 1 (maybe chapters 1 to 50 something)
    Then look at this:
    Hidden:

Classic example. Pages after pages of big panels with no extra detail. Compared to the earl art, it's just plain empty.

Also, look at this page, the inking and the lazy screen tone makes it look like fan art, or at least amateur art.
    Hidden:

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinary View Post
    Firstly, read any chapter from early part 1 (maybe chapters 1 to 50 something)
    Then look at this:

Classic example. Pages after pages of big panels with no extra detail. Compared to the earl art, it's just plain empty.
    I swear, those panels look like blank pages of a damn coloring book.

He "streamlined his style to match the anime".

What he actually did was take out all the crosshatching, interesting camera angles, good fight choreography, and storytelling.

Hidden:
    The classic example is just comparing early girly Sakura (against that lush well drawn forest background, with a great pose, and even little details like the zipper on her outfit actually having alternating line shapes) to... anything current.

Compare to a title page 200 chapters (4 years) or 250 (6 years) later.

Just look at an average page from early on and its a no brainer. (And I'm just going by chapter multiples of 50, completely arbitry... I'm not picking and choosing shots here. This is the first page of 150. )

The art was inarguable better in the first couple years.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Look at this page http://www.comicvine.com/naruto/4050-18836/?page=2 and then go on page 1.
    The quality difference is startling, he even lost his sense of design.

The art is one thing I loved in the early years.
    The art and story are what made the first arcs - Wave and the Chunin exam. In those, the art of the background alone was amazing.
    But later.... art and storytelling took a nosedive so low ... ugg words cant' do it justice, not even "holy crap, this sucks!" adequately describe it.

Thank goodness that Kishimoto got his act together and decided to add more stuff to panels than having them be a coloring book

Hidden:

wait....

By the 7 Sons of Pwngoat! *Meh*'s Avatar

Burrito ?
    I'm like Hisotensoku: Not here to preserve peace, nor to destroy it. I certainly can't move mountains. Mostly, I'm just full of hot air.
    - *Meh*

Closed Thread

Thread Information