Closed Thread
Page 339 of 500 FirstFirst ... 239 289 329 337 338 339 340 341 349 389 439 ... LastLast
Results 6,761 to 6,780 of 10000

Thread: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

Default Re: Burrito Thread XI: The End? I still don't believe it!

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Well pirates are supposed to be more of a party people, weirdos, dumbasses, robbers, looters and drunkards. That's not to say all of them are like that, but more of a general image.

Ninjas on the other hand are trained spies, rogues and assassins. Precision, silence and invisibility. Of course, since it's a shounen, we can have Bruce Lee ninja, Tupac ninja, MILF ninja, zombie ninja, etc... But in my opinion, ninjas in Naruto fail more in being ninjas than pirates in OP fail at being pirates.
    We need more MILF pirates.

Absolute Hotness... Arara, I Mean Justice

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

gintama's latest arc gave more ninja's action than a ninja manga

You though the villian looks like shit... Now look at this

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Katzztar View Post

Doesn't matter if he really was or wasn't emo. You know how fandoms can be, even if something does fit or isn't real, if the fans think so, then they keep saying its so. Its how the teen-fans saw him as such and yeah there were some who called him that, even made fanart.
    Others called him that as a joke, saying he failed at being emo as well.
    Emo-Sasuke is like Zoro/Sanji yaoi, it is not canon but don't try telling the fans that.

My point I is that many teens (and preteen) that thought they were Goth or were into emo, were fans of Sasuke, when it started to fade some, so did his popularity .... that is as the fans grew up they saw how much the character sucked
    I was never goth but it was weird that a time I did like his character. Not at first but I got used to him after I learned about his tragic past and the reason why the way he was. I even understood what drove him to leave the village and seek Orochimaru for more power and the dark arts. What really made his character nose dive is the whole 'Itachi Was Really A Good Guy' crap and that's when Sasuke took a true descent into darkness with his decision to attack Konoha. Do I understand his reasoning? Yes. Does that make it good reasoning? No.

And from there he just got worse and worse the "eviler" he got but, lol, the worse thing he did was kill a couple of samurai and try to kill Sakura. He also tried to kill Karin. If you think about it he wasn't doing so "bad" afterall.
    Everything's Eventual...

Could Sasuke's face look anymore depressing than it already did? Apparently the answer is yes.

It also baffles me that sasuke chose to leave the village early with 1 arm and not wait a couple of extra days to get his arm back. Is he stupid?

His way of "atonement".

Quote Originally Posted by black-leg jex View Post
    It also baffles me that sasuke chose to leave the village early with 1 arm and not wait a couple of extra days to get his arm back. Is he stupid?
    Is this a rhetorical question?
    Everything's Eventual...

You people are so cruel, I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by black-leg jex View Post
    Yeah, I realized I really hated that plot device. A character just straight up refuses a chance at getting a new/regenerated/replaced limb for whatever reason. We had variations of it here, in Bleach, in Fullmetal Alchemist, in Fairy Tail and Rave and probably a lot of others I can't remember at the moment.
    Even in OP we have Shanks who is still one armed, even if there's a good chance Ivakov might restore it. I know he can't drop everything and go and search for him, but they practically bumped at eachother on Marineford.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Yeah, I realized I really hated that plot device. A character just straight up refuses a chance at getting a new/regenerated/replaced limb for whatever reason. We had variations of it here, in Bleach, in Fullmetal Alchemist, in Fairy Tail and Rave and probably a lot of others I can't remember at the moment.
    Even in OP we have Shanks who is still one armed, even if there's a good chance Ivakov might restore it. I know he can't drop everything and go and search for him, but they practically bumped at eachother on Marineford.
    What make you think that Ivankov and Shanks have any kind of relationship? Ivankov is a revolutionary that was in prison how many years and Shanks is a Yonkou, so I don't see where is implied any kind knowledge between the two. And who said that Ivankov can make limbs grow?

Where do this plot point appears in Fairy Tail? No, seriously I don't remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigivel View Post
    What make you think that Ivankov and Shanks have any kind of relationship? Ivankov is a revolutionary that was in prison how many years and Shanks is a Yonkou, so I don't see where is implied any kind knowledge between the two. And who said that Ivankov can make limbs grow?

Where do this plot point appears in Fairy Tail? No, seriously I don't remember.
    Don't really want to argue about this point, since it's just an example. I wanted to show how common this trope is, even if my example was a little stretched out. Ivankov is world known after all. What are the odds that none of Shanks' acquintances knows about Ivankov the miracle man? But it won't happen, because Shanks is a one armed man and it has to stay that way.

I'd be really surprised if Ivankov couldn't make limbs regenerate, after all he's shown so far. I imagine there'd be a price, like in Luffy's case. But yeah, I'm just guessing.

In Fairy Tail it's Gildarts. But I just remembered that he did get new prosthetic limbs after a while.

Quote Originally Posted by MarquesaIV View Post
    His way of "atonement".
    "Let's see, for attempted murder and toying with the lives of millions of people, I pretty much get off scott-free, I can go pretty much anywhere in the world I want, and I have a broad I can go home to and screw and/or knock up any time I want (and with no commitment). But my arm? ...Nah, I'm gonna put off doing that. I think that'll be an adequate amount of punishment.

...Oh yeah, self-inflicted punishment is a legitimate form of atonement, right?"

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    "Let's see, for attempted murder and toying with the lives of millions of people, I pretty much get off scott-free, I can go pretty much anywhere in the world I want, and I have a broad I can go home to and screw and/or knock up any time I want (and with no commitment). But my arm? ...Nah, I'm gonna put off doing that. I think that'll be an adequate amount of punishment.

...Oh yeah, self-inflicted punishment is a legitimate form of atonement, right?"
    Yes, it's not a good way to atone. He could have used that hand to do good in the world. At least he tried, that's too much to ask from an Uchiha not named Itachi.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigivel View Post
    And who said that Ivankov can make limbs grow?
    Well, he can grow a pee pee where there was a vajayjay...

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    Well, he can grow a pee pee where there was a vajayjay...
    That isn't a limb renewal, its gender changing. He's changing the DNA chromosomes of XY (male) to XX (female). That's in the DNA, growing a limb is not in the human DNA.

And really?

Are we really talking about Iva-chan's powers (and whether or not he could regrow Shanks' arm) in this thread? why? I must have missed how/why it was brought up in a Naruto thread

Checking the last page should solve that mystery.

Never intended it to go this far.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post

At the very least people can stop being salty about Ay's arm.....oh who the hell am I kidding they'll still dredge that up at every opportunity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    At the very least people can stop being salty about Ay's arm.....oh who the hell am I kidding they'll still dredge that up at every opportunity.
    Is this a word people use? Because all of a sudden I'm hearing it all over the place.

Closed Thread

Thread Information