Closed Thread
Page 336 of 500 FirstFirst ... 236 286 326 334 335 336 337 338 346 386 436 ... LastLast
Results 6,701 to 6,720 of 10000

Thread: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

Default Re: Burrito Thread XI: The End? I still don't believe it!

Bleach is weird in that Kubo "SUPPOSEDLY" looked at other cultures and used them as inspiration (names, designs...and that's it) but it NEVER occurred to take a page from Soul Eater and decide: hmm, MAYBE ALL of after life isn't supposed to resemble feudal Japan and maybe the after life is different for other parts of the world. If he JUST did that, maybe he could have had a more interesting set up in terms of world building but...naaah.

Naruto on the other hand forgot the possibility of having other factions BESIDES ninjas. Kishi did a "fair" job by having the different villages and their suposedly "unique" cultures but...that's as far as his creativity got. Not to mention he pretty much went the Kubo route and instead of hving blank backgrounds, he had dreadful ROCKY backgrounds. So freaking bland.

Quote Originally Posted by valiantt View Post
    Naruto on the other hand forgot the possibility of having other factions BESIDES ninjas. Kishi did a "fair" job by having the different villages and their suposedly "unique" cultures but...that's as far as his creativity got. Not to mention he pretty much went the Kubo route and instead of hving blank backgrounds, he had dreadful ROCKY backgrounds. So freaking bland.
    Didn't it have samurais besides ninjas?

Still waiting for the talking animals explanation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Deviant_Mugen View Post
    http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p.../Rock_Lee3.jpg

He's doing us all a favor, Tenten. Trust me...
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Hermit View Post
    And to think that Lee almost singlehandedly saved the entire Naruto universe from itself
    What are you guys, totally heartless? Why would you want to deny Naruto the chance to meet the coolest guy ever?

I am genuinely curious what would've happened if Kishi just scrapped the Uchiha completely. The only good thing to come from that was the idea of the Sharingan as a copy-cat technique. Having a ninja being able to copy any jutsu and movements is pretty damn cool and could become an interesting plot element. But nope, summoning big-dark-samurai-dudes and casting illusion and hypnosis and what have you is a much better alternative.

The tailed beast ended up in a similar situation. They are one of the things I loved the most about the series, but in the end we only got to meet three hosts and beasts, and the rest were shoehorned in as afterthoughts, while Naruto took all the glory and became buddy-buddy with the 9-tails.

Its amazing how bad this manga became.

Quote Originally Posted by kouch_lee View Post
    What are you guys, totally heartless? Why would you want to deny Naruto the chance to meet the coolest guy ever?
    You slay me.

Absolute Hotness... Arara, I Mean Justice

Quote Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
    I think Narutos and BleachS biggest problem at well to go for beyond 300-400 chapters was that their "world" could not handle that much attenion. Why is it that OP still feels "good" too most readers
    You mean to people who don't complain about the timeskip, the flashbacks, or certain arcs being somewhat underwhelming?

Quote Originally Posted by Deviant_Mugen View Post
    Kakashi in the background with zero fucks given.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Rock Lee is the single best manga ever created, rivaling One Piece itself just for this part alone.

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Ouroboros View Post
    I think it's not really a matter of Naruto's world being not being able to handle the amount of attention, it's that Kishi hit the limits he set way too early while rushing the world building. In part 1, we got all sorts of teasers about how the world worked, and just how powerful characters could get. The 3rd Hokage and the Sannin were praised as being extremely powerful, and the Akatsuki even more so. Naruto and co. were just genin, so when they suddenly became on par with them at the beginning of part 2, well... the power levels were going to be moot beyond that point. And so Kishi was forced to raise everyone's power levels to absurd levels for villain cred in each new arc because of that rushed development, and it really showed when at the War Arc when Orochimaru and the 3rd showed up again... and were completely useless.

The world building was wasted when Kishi decided to throw out the Cold War-esque stalemate between the 5 ninja villages in favor of Uchiha madness and endless forests. Hell, there was Gato and his shady offscreen businesses, and the daimyos who the Kages supposedly answered to. There was a lot of potential in the Naruto world, but it was just thrown away in favor of the Uchiha/Senju being responsible for starting everything.
    Not to mention that Kishi focused far to much on Uchiha's while the other clans life-style and whatnot barely got anything attention if at all .

Wasn't the Byakugan stronger than the Sharingan? poor Byakugan was forgotten as soon as it was mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by MadieV View Post
    Wasn't the Byakugan stronger than the Sharingan? poor Byakugan was forgotten as soon as it was mentioned.
    As soon as your eyes don't let you summon eternal black fire, a giant tengu with impenetrable armor and instant nightmare inducing eternal sealing sword, eternal tsukuyomis, extra lifes. . .

. . .as soon as your eyes don't let you do all those things, I'm sorry but you're a loser in the Naruto world.

Quote Originally Posted by MadieV View Post
    Wasn't the Byakugan stronger than the Sharingan?.
    The Byakugan is noted to have greater vision and insight than the Sharingan.
    Take that as you will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Shipmate

Why do you think Hiashi worked so hard to get some of that ninja Jesus blood into the family?

In a couple of years both Bolt and Himawari will awaken the True Byakugan which basically shapes reality at the users will.

They should have saved Zetsu for Bolt and Himawari's sleeves.

Quote Originally Posted by kouch_lee View Post
    As soon as your eyes don't let you summon eternal black fire, a giant tengu with impenetrable armor and instant nightmare inducing eternal sealing sword, eternal tsukuyomis, extra lifes. . .

. . .as soon as your eyes don't let you do all those things, I'm sorry but you're a loser in the Naruto world.
    So that makes everybody who's not Sasuke a looser.

Also can we safely assume that Yamato married Hinata's sister and they lived happily ever after in Oblivion?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    A somewhat accurate graph of Naruto's drop in quality.

http://i.imgur.com/WWmP7KB.jpg
    Invasion of Konoha was not only part of the Chunnin exam but was really good.

There should be a massive drop after the Tsunade arc, and an even bigger one after the timeskip which makes the series just plain go off the chart's bottom for the entire rest.
    With one spike for that guy punching Sasuke.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Mickamott View Post
    That's basically how I feel. Before the war mistakes were forgivable and the rest was still enjoyable, but that war man. That fucking war.
    Naruto was really terrible since the timeskip. Not sure how you missed that it all dissolved into endless forests, villain of the week based plotlines, extremely half-assed flat art, zero tension given kids were suddenly taking out the uber villains every storyline or so, and near complete irrelevance given to most of the interesting side cast.

It's pretty much undeniable that the Kishi who wrote Part 2 was no longer an artist, and just a guy doing a job for money.
    He lost control of the plot in the Sasuke Pot arc (a terrible arc as well) and never got back on the horse.

The degradation of the art style into bland nothingness alone is proof of this.

So apparently Kishi had planned the ending at least 8 years in advance.

A tweet from the anime series director about the manga ending:

15年続いた連載が終わった・・・12年前の制作発表会でご一緒したのがつい先日のように感じ ます、8年ほ ど前に聞かされたエンド・・・少し微調節がされてますが・・・あんな前からの構想を見事形にし て見せていた だきました。・・・・・・・・岸本先生15年、本当にお疲れ様でした。

Hayato Date, the director of Naruto and Naruto Shippuden tweeted that the ending the manga just got is the same ending that Kishimoto told him 8 YEARS AGO except some minor last minute changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    It's pretty much undeniable that the Kishi who wrote Part 2 was no longer an artist, and just a guy doing a job for money.
    He lost control of the plot in the Sasuke Pot arc (a terrible arc as well) and never got back on the horse.

The degradation of the art style into bland nothingness alone is proof of this.
    Pretty much.

Naruto was already worsening before the timeskip but after that things got way out of control. Clearly Kishimoto wasnt giving two shits about quality as long as he was gettin paid.

From simply a bad manga Naruto degenerated into something decadent, reading it having sense only to see how long could Kishi could keep twisting his own work while getting away with it.

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    So apparently Kishi had planned the ending at least 8 years in advance.
    He probably told the anime guy that naruto and sasuke would fight and sasuke would be redeemed, lol. Everything else he just pulled out last minute.

It's not that hard to plan the ending in advance. You plan the end and then when you get to it, you add the minor changes your shitty writing up to that point demanded.

Closed Thread

Thread Information