Closed Thread
Page 335 of 500 FirstFirst ... 235 285 325 333 334 335 336 337 345 385 435 ... LastLast
Results 6,681 to 6,700 of 10000

Thread: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

Default Re: Burrito Thread XI: The End? I still don't believe it!

By losing coherence I meant that they lost sight of the original plot, and that the central themes were stretched and warped beyond the original vision to the point where the story loses any meaning.

Something like Hajime no Ippo. Sure the plot makes sense on a superficial level. But the past 700 chapters haven't contributed to the story in any way, shape, or form. Recent chapters have as much value as your average Rorschach inkblot.

(Not entirely relevant... but I wanted to use it somewhere.)

There are genres where this is a bit more acceptable. But the vast majority of those titles (that I've read) are long runners for the sake of being long runners. By the end of the story they're unintentional self-parodies. If you described the ending of Dragon Ball to a fan at the beginning of the story, they'd laugh at you.

From the series I've read on that list, it doesn't inspire confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Sen View Post

There are genres where this is a bit more acceptable. But the vast majority of those titles (that I've read) are long runners for the sake of being long runners. By the end of the story they're unintentional self-parodies. If you described the ending of Dragon Ball to a fan at the beginning of the story, they'd laugh at you.
    Considering the original premise of the series i.e. mountain kid teams up with city girl to find 6 balls like the one the mountain kid has....I'd look at the person laughing like they had two heads or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

"He grows up, and abandons his family to train with the rencarnation of his strongest enemy, now good, after a final tournament, the end"

Not that farfetchd.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by Sen View Post
    By losing coherence I meant that they lost sight of the original plot, and that the central themes were stretched and warped beyond the original vision to the point where the story loses any meaning.

Something like Hajime no Ippo. Sure the plot makes sense on a superficial level. But the past 700 chapters haven't contributed to the story in any way, shape, or form. Recent chapters have as much value as your average Rorschach inkblot.

Spoiler:

(Not entirely relevant... but I wanted to use it somewhere.)

From the series I've read on that list, it doesn't inspire confidence.
    Good analysis. The magazines, editors and publishers pressure the author to go beyond his initial vision for his work, in order to maximize monetary gains. If only authors resisted such pressure and ended their stories on high notes, not only that will make said stories better, more believable and not thinly stretched, but the authors will have more time to create other great mangas. Just imagine if Kishimoto and Kubo ended Naruto and Bleach after the Pain Invasion Arc and SS Arc respectively, and then made other projects. We could have had Naruto and Mario. An author can go beyond his initial outline and timeline for his manga, and stretch it without it losing its substance, however this needs careful planning and devotion. Mr. Oda comes to mind here.

Absolute Hotness... Arara, I Mean Justice

"Naruto drags badly for the last 20 volumes, and there's 2 or 3 final bosses too many, but it's a good manga."

That's basically how I feel. Before the war mistakes were forgivable and the rest was still enjoyable, but that war man. That fucking war.

3DS: 1993-7490-6080 NNID: Mickamott PSN: Mickamott

The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar

I thought Naruto was finished? Happy to be wrong!

http://www.mangabird.com/rock-lees-springtime-youth-37
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing
    Stay focused, cause right now you have a decision to make. Are you a man perpetually looking back at what hes lost, or a man looking forward, to what he might become?

Yes, Springtime of Youth is really refreshing and amazing at washing away the tired, dragged Naruto-kun. Alas, surely it won't survive the main source by long?

Wasn't there a rumor that it would end, but another similar would pop up that centered around Sauce-kay instead?

It already ended months ago, with 39 chapters.

Speaking of which, chapter 37 is out on MangaStream...

Quote Originally Posted by Katzztar View Post
    Wasn't there a rumor that it would end, but another similar would pop up that centered around Sauce-kay instead?
    In my humble opinion, its very improbable that a series centered around Sasuke would be as lighthearted and fun as Springtime of Youth is. On the other hand, it can prove to be entertaining in shedding light on more of the Uchiha mysteries, Taka adventures or Orochimaru's schemes. If we are lucky, maybe it would even further elaborate on Naruto's ending or perhaps tie to the upcoming mini-series about Konoha's offsprings.

Quote Originally Posted by Deviant_Mugen View Post
    It already ended months ago, with 39 chapters.

Speaking of which, chapter 37 is out on MangaStream...
    Thank you for clearing that.

Lastly, Gizmo, I love your avatar. Very cool indeed.

He's doing us all a favor, Tenten. Trust me...

And to think that Lee almost singlehandedly saved the entire Naruto universe from itself

The hero we need but don't deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by MarquesaIV View Post
    In my humble opinion, its very improbable that a series centered around Sasuke would be as lighthearted and fun as Springtime of Youth is.
    It is lighthearted! It is made by the same guy of Rock Lee Spin off and some snippets of it appeared in Weekly Shonen Jump.
    One of them was of Sasuke trying to buy a drink in a vending machine, but dropping the coin and it falling below the vending Machine and him not being able to catching it and so trying to use all is arsenal of ninjutsu powers to get the coin back.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigivel View Post
    It is lighthearted! It is made by the same guy of Rock Lee Spin off and some snippets of it appeared in Weekly Shonen Jump.
    One of them was of Sasuke trying to buy a drink in a vending machine, but dropping the coin and it falling below the vending Machine and him not being able to catching it and so trying to use all is arsenal of ninjutsu powers to get the coin back.
    That seems quite promising. Thank you for the explanation.

Lighthearted series with no plot always fails to hook me regardless how funny they are. Gintama included. Burrito at least had something to look forward to. Btw is it just me who reads it for sake of humor? I just can't help it but feel like I'm reading a parody of what this manga once was... Or rather parody of what it was supposed to be.

Excuse me for the confusion, but you said that regardless of the fun factor, you look for plot in your desired series. Then you said you read a series only for the sake of humor. Isn't this somewhat contradictory? Sorry if I got it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by MarquesaIV View Post
    Excuse me for the confusion, but you said that regardless of the fun factor, you look for plot in your desired series. Then you said you read a series only for the sake of humor. Isn't this somewhat contradictory? Sorry if I got it wrong.
    Weirdly I think that the contradiction I wrote is correct despite, becaue I've dropped few series midway despite them still having plot ongoing. The plot is a reason to feel motivation to keep reading, but if what I read is nothing interesting then there is no reason to expect that this something what's going to happen in future is going to turn out to be any better.

I think Narutos and BleachS biggest problem at well to go for beyond 300-400 chapters was that their "world" could not handle that much attenion. Why is it that OP still feels "good" too most readers while Naruto and Bleach became "stale".For me I think it is about the enviroment, in OP we still get to see lots of new and exciting things so we don't mind that Luffy and his crew side-tracks from their mission to find the one Piece. IN NAruto and Bleach sooner than later everything looked the same, even more in Bleach than in NAruto, I think that is also why some here said they liked the 5 kage arc more than shown in that graph exactly because that felt like a last try to expand the world, the Ninja-world of Naruto and not have the whole and entirely world be focused around two teenagers as if they are the gods who decides if the world continues to run or gets blown up to pieces.

In OP, while you feel that Luffy is powerful and so is his crew, you never feel like they alone are enough to overturn the World Goverment or to change the world for the better via a rebellion. Heck,they don't even care about that stuff as they are too busy to help other people with their troublesa nad get into troubl for this and that. IN Naruto and Bleach you kind of lost that "power consitent" and it is all "UWAH" "BOOOM" "KAWOOOMM" "ZWOSH", etc.Man the whole Ninja stuff was sooner or later forgotten for nuke-jutsu and "everybody gets revivided and can rebuild their houses via wood-jutsu"-stuff, or in Bleach the whole Shingakami stuff with the squads and their mission to protect people was also sooner than later given away for a handful of powerful guys fighting off a handful of powerful bad guys in 1-1s for this or that reason.

It's why I hope WT and BokuHero can both run for a long time.
    WT because of its "realistic" approach in which even normal people can learn to fight as everybody got trion and everybody can uses trigger technology and where even a superelite can be defeated by a group of normal soldiers as long as said normal soldiers follow a strategy, analyse the opponents weaknesses and make full uses of their environment to get an edge over the enemy and such.
    And in BokuHero because it reminds you a lot of the good old times before the big threes became what they are now. But man, if BokuHero becomes a 2nd Fairy Tale....ugh, better not think about it! >.<

I think it's not really a matter of Naruto's world being not being able to handle the amount of attention, it's that Kishi hit the limits he set way too early while rushing the world building. In part 1, we got all sorts of teasers about how the world worked, and just how powerful characters could get. The 3rd Hokage and the Sannin were praised as being extremely powerful, and the Akatsuki even more so. Naruto and co. were just genin, so when they suddenly became on par with them at the beginning of part 2, well... the power levels were going to be moot beyond that point. And so Kishi was forced to raise everyone's power levels to absurd levels for villain cred in each new arc because of that rushed development, and it really showed when at the War Arc when Orochimaru and the 3rd showed up again... and were completely useless.

The world building was wasted when Kishi decided to throw out the Cold War-esque stalemate between the 5 ninja villages in favor of Uchiha madness and endless forests. Hell, there was Gato and his shady offscreen businesses, and the daimyos who the Kages supposedly answered to. There was a lot of potential in the Naruto world, but it was just thrown away in favor of the Uchiha/Senju being responsible for starting everything.

Closed Thread

Thread Information