Closed Thread
Page 334 of 500 FirstFirst ... 234 284 324 332 333 334 335 336 344 384 434 ... LastLast
Results 6,661 to 6,680 of 10000

Thread: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

Default Re: Burrito Thread XI: The End? I still don't believe it!

Quote Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
    Im against anyone being talk no jutsu'd at all. Just send them flying and let them sort their own shit out or kill them but don't try to convince me you just made a stone cold assassin, one of the most dangerous men of the hidden mist cry because he didn't care enough about his weird companion who wanted to be an object and had no real reason to like him but still was obsessed for some reason to the point of dying for him. seriously what was that relationship.
    Zabuza saved haku life and gave a meaning to it!

Stone cold assassin, should be a definition to all ninjas! Because you know what? That is their profession. Ah, I forgot that in Naruto Ninjas preach LOVE!

Zabuza only really cold thing that was shown was the description of the previous genin graduation exam and his reaction to that event. But that was never again mentioned nor its repercussions. It was totally written for shock value and just to make Zabusa a villain instead of just an antagonist, another ninja that received some mission that ended being in conflict with Team 7 one, Kill the old man.
    In reality I never understood the "graduation exam" well. he wasn't a ninja, but he participated; It was a 1 vs 1 battle to the death, but he kills everybody.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by valiantt View Post
    The way I see it, if Kishi wrote One Piece, it would only involve pirates. Marines, and every other factor in the world? NONEXISTENT! Just stronger and stronger pirates for the enemy. FUN HUH?!
    From my experience, there is an honestly a large group of people that want to have exactly that.

So in the end, which was worse, Naruto or Bleach?

That's kind of like asking which dog turd smells better; it doesn't really matter because in the end they both smell terrible. But if I had to choose, Naruto would be my choice mainly because of how far it's fallen. And it's fallen a very, very long way down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinary View Post
    Naruto. But that mostly comes to the weight of expectations.

I'd say Bleach is the worst. Naruto felt like it at the very least tried a little ​and got a somewhat linear story, Bleach is a straight-up trainwreck.
    Also the fact that I absolutely adore the early bleach artstyle, and being reminded of what it has become every week is like a drawn out torture.

I'm inclined to say Bleach but I dropped Bleach after Rukia was rescued so...

Up to the same point, I'd say Naruto was better.

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

Everything from the uninspiring battles, nonexistent characters, no emotinal weight behind anything and kubos obvious week to week writing and dropping of plot elements if he is tired of them, make bleach way worse than naruto.

I'd say that Bleach is worse. At least with Naruto, you could see that Kishimoto was actually trying to make a good manga, even if the execution fell flat on its face in many cases - Bleach is just incredibly bland and dragged out beyond belief.

Thank you all for the good laughs. This is such a fun thread.

I think this is my best attempt at listing my favorite Naruto characters:

Kushina (Loveliest Mom)
    Minato (Best Dad)
    Jiraiya (I miss you so much)
    Itachi (Cool Incarnate)
    Guy (What a guy!)
    Naruto (Protagonist and the Champion of Talk no Jutsu)
    Hinata (Best girl won, yay!)
    Hashirama (Best cells in the history of the universe)

Absolute Hotness... Arara, I Mean Justice

I'm gonna agree with Ouro and say Naruto, simply for how it fell.

At it's worse Naruto just felt like really shitty bad storytelling. Just stupid.

At it's worse Bleach feels like Kubo is trying to insult my brain. I don't think I will survive the last chapters of Bleach so yeah Bleach is worse.

You've gone to the future and seen Bleach's ending?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
    Gonna be that guy and say Haku was a special kind of stupid and Zabuza was not that impressive for being one of the most dangerous ninja's in his village. Also he got talk no jutsu'd in the end. The techniques and fighting style used during the arc was great. But the characters were lacking.
    Obviously the arc had flaws like Sakura doing nothing, Zabuza's switch at the end was kind of rushed, the Sasuke/Naruto vs Haku fight scene seemed a little rushed and the Nine Tails really won that fight but it still had a lot of great stuff and every thing in it is exactly what part 2 needed.
    Great world building and non ninja enemies a long with actually interesting themes and creative battles and heart, non sucky main characters and villains, great art,great optional climaxes, interesting political discussion ans inter village relationships, cultural exploration,good designs, it showed the makings for an amazing Shonen.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

I mean seriously where the hell did Gato come from?
    Last edited by springsring; November 15th, 2014 at 12:17 PM.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/hous.../naruto/.80741
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/hous...part-ii/.80991

Naruto complete manga review by former Shonen Jump editor Jason Thompson.

Thank you for these links, very much appreciated.

Absolute Hotness... Arara, I Mean Justice

I think Naruto is more disappointing in that it started out pretty good and kept the quality for a few years, and even in Part II I think there are some signs of a good manga trying to get out. But my god, the rest of it is such crap.

However, Bleach, has become so pretentious and amateurishly done (and it didn't quite as much going for it at the start either) that I can't even really muster any feelings for it anymore.

Also, even to the very end, as horribly executed and undeveloped as it was, Naruto still at least kept me invested in wanting to see Naruto and Hinata hook up. I don't think I have anything invested in Bleach anymore (used to be an Ichihime fan, but even that I don't care about anymore).

So yeah, I'd say Bleach is worse.
    Last edited by Nobodyman; November 15th, 2014 at 02:30 PM.

Naruto played a huge part in maintaining the anime/manga scene in Europe after the DBZ hype, so at least for that I have to give Kishi some credit. Success does not necessarily prove good work, but it's something.
    In general I do think that Kishimoto is a great artist and not a downright terrible mangaka, he just couldn't handle the 300 chapter+ challenge.
    Also what Nobody said.

Naruto > Bleach, by far.
    Last edited by Jabra; November 16th, 2014 at 10:43 AM.

To be fair, not many can. 300 chapters is a long grind.

I can't think of many series that maintained any semblance of coherence past that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Sen View Post
    To be fair, not many can. 300 chapters is a long grind.

I can't think of many series that maintained any semblance of coherence past that point.
    Here is the list of all of the titles with more than 40 volumes(+300 chapters weekly or +150 monthly), looking at the titles, that most of them I never read thoroughly, but heard about, I don't believe many lost a semblance coherence, I can be totally wrong but I don't think so.

Closed Thread

Thread Information