Closed Thread
Page 333 of 500 FirstFirst ... 233 283 323 331 332 333 334 335 343 383 433 ... LastLast
Results 6,641 to 6,660 of 10000

Thread: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

Default Re: Burrito Thread XI: The End? I still don't believe it!

Speaking of which, anyone else feel like Obito and Pain are essentially the same character?

They both have the same basic personality of blase, dejected pessimism, they both want to change the world because of dumb generic tragic stuff in their past, they both get talk-no-jutsu'd by Naruto, and I think they're both supposed to be parallels of Naruto and what he could have been.

So yeah, if Naruto was crushed by a boulder and saw Sakura die then he would have turned into a crazy person who wanted to trap the world in the Matrix. How uplifting.

People that didn't get Talk-No-Jutsu'd in a fight with Naruto:

Kaguya because she wasn't a person but rather an empty shell with no rhyme or reason to exist other than to take up manga panels.

Kisame because he was a sharkman and sharkmen are known badasses.

Orochimaru because only Sasuke could sway his heart.

Kakuzu because by the end of his fight he was too busy being stupid to comprehend words.
    Everything's Eventual...

I think every villain suffers that fate, especially in part 2, which really makes it seem like the villain never changed; he just got a new name, face, and powers but it was the same character underneath. I can only take so much of the "he's not really evil, just a misunderstood guy with a tragic past!" before it just wears down on me. That's why I love Deidara and Hidan. They're just evil douchebags because they're evil, plain and simple; a breath of fresh air after breathing in all the angst fumes the "villains" constantly puke out.

Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post

Kaguya because she wasn't a person but rather an empty shell with no rhyme or reason to exist other than to take up manga panels.
    I thought it was because she was a woman and couldn't be reasoned with because of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    I thought it was because she was a woman and couldn't be reasoned with because of that.
    You know what he could've done? Went with the 'Sexy Reverse Harem Talk No Jutsu' approach.

Spoiler:
    Surely that would have had some effect. I still applaud Kishi for having the balls to throw that in during this fight.
    Everything's Eventual...

Discovered Stowaway El-Matematico's Avatar

I would put Zabuza in that list, because he only got talk-no-jutsu'd after the fight was over and he had lost. I actually think the use of talk-no-jutsu all over the place was Kishi's attempt to repeat the epic Zabuza fight ending. Of course, he failed to replicate the fact that Zabuza got defeated in a fight in the first place, and that he was an asshole that came to realize he lost his best friend in the end, not a misguided idealist all along. He got a redemption of sorts not because he was a good person (he wasn't) but because he had a change of heart and killed Gato.
    Wash your hands.

Gato....every time someone mentions that guy's name, I always end up wondering how a strange anomaly of a character wandered into the Naruto world.

YEAAH! You tell'em Cabbagepatch man!

Quote Originally Posted by valiantt View Post
    Gato....every time someone mentions that guy's name, I always end up wondering how a strange anomaly of a character wandered into the Naruto world.
    So true.

Kishi could have easilly made the world more interesting by adding some more interest groups. Akatsuki sounded interesting at first, especially when their plan to keep the war going was revealed. Capitalize on countries' distrust of eachother. Make a nuke jutsu. Control the world. In retrospect, it might have actually worked better than the Tsukuyomi crap.

So what we actually could have used were mob heads like Gato, who are only interested in profits and use ninja mercs to remove anyone who threatens their way of life.
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

The way I see it, if Kishi wrote One Piece, it would only involve pirates. Marines, and every other factor in the world? NONEXISTENT! Just stronger and stronger pirates for the enemy. FUN HUH?!

It's kinda funny to think Kishi was capable of designing this back in the day:

A freaking RACCOON BEAR!

Quote Originally Posted by Ouroboros View Post
    I think every villain suffers that fate, especially in part 2, which really makes it seem like the villain never changed; he just got a new name, face, and powers but it was the same character underneath. I can only take so much of the "he's not really evil, just a misunderstood guy with a tragic past!" before it just wears down on me. That's why I love Deidara and Hidan. They're just evil douchebags because they're evil, plain and simple; a breath of fresh air after breathing in all the angst fumes the "villains" constantly puke out.

*blink*
    Okaaaay, I do not know why... but I just got the most bizarre mental image of a Naruto X Scooby Doo crossover.
    Basicallly Naruto & co were in position of the Scooby Gang "unmasking the villain"=
    Naruto pulls off Kaguya's mask revealing Obito, pulls off that mask to revel Pein, this keeps going on and on...

Quote Originally Posted by Katzztar View Post
    *blink*
    Okaaaay, I do not know why... but I just got the most bizarre mental image of a Naruto X Scooby Doo crossover.
    Basicallly Naruto & co were in position of the Scooby Gang "unmasking the villain"=
    Naruto pulls off Kaguya's mask revealing Obito, pulls off that mask to revel Pein, this keeps going on and on...
    Here you go. Probably recalling this pic:

Here you go. Probably recalling this pic:

Recall? noooooo,
    I've not seen that pic before. LOL but thanks for telling me that others have had that same thought XD
    though I was picturing the reverse, from most recent going backwards

The way I see it, if Kishi wrote One Piece, it would only involve pirates. Marines, and every other factor in the world? NONEXISTENT! Just stronger and stronger pirates for the enemy. FUN HUH?!

It's kinda funny to think Kishi was capable of designing this back in the day:

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z...ru/dsvbdsv.png

A freaking RACCOON BEAR!
    I can tell just by looking at the guy that he's a better villain than 90% of Naruto villains. And that Racoon Bear/Rabear/Bearcoon, has more character than any woman in the manga.

Just finished reading the Land of the Waves arc again.
    Holy shit this series had so much wasted potential it's silly.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Gonna be that guy and say Haku was a special kind of stupid and Zabuza was not that impressive for being one of the most dangerous ninja's in his village. Also he got talk no jutsu'd in the end. The techniques and fighting style used during the arc was great. But the characters were lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
    Gonna be that guy and say Haku was a special kind of stupid and Zabuza was not that impressive for being one of the most dangerous ninja's in his village. Also he got talk no jutsu'd in the end. The techniques and fighting style used during the arc was great. But the characters were lacking.
    Not really the same as he was already defeated by Hatake before Naruto's speech, unlike Pein ect who were defeated by the talk no jutsu

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Im against anyone being talk no jutsu'd at all. Just send them flying and let them sort their own shit out or kill them but don't try to convince me you just made a stone cold assassin, one of the most dangerous men of the hidden mist cry because he didn't care enough about his weird companion who wanted to be an object and had no real reason to like him but still was obsessed for some reason to the point of dying for him. seriously what was that relationship.

Yeah, whenever I try to remember that arc, I have to put an effort not to remember that relationship. Little too weird for a shounen. With possile implications and all...

Weakest point of the arc.

Closed Thread

Thread Information