Closed Thread
Page 329 of 500 FirstFirst ... 229 279 319 327 328 329 330 331 339 379 429 ... LastLast
Results 6,561 to 6,580 of 10000

Thread: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

Default Re: Burrito Thread XI: The End? I still don't believe it!

LOL dat salty tears... Da best is that the shitty NaruSaku forum is closed to users only now xD

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    -Wait, did Neji die? Well, I'm sure he went out fighting honorably and didn't killed for some incredibly stupid reason.
    Actually if you ignore the last 500 chapters, and just cut and paste the end of this Naruto/Sasuke fight onto the first one, you can just leave him dead after the Sasuke retrieval arc.

You know, where he had a GOOD death scene. Symbolic, brought his arc full circle, closure, a good fight...

Added bonus, Lee ends on the high note of his redemptive drunk fight and team up with Gaara.

Chouji's survival would need a panel or two of explanation, but...
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Actually if you ignore the last 500 chapters, and just cut and paste the end of this Naruto/Sasuke fight onto the first one, you can just leave him dead after the Sasuke retrieval arc.

You know, where he had a GOOD death scene. Symbolic, brought his arc full circle, closure, a good fight...

Added bonus, Lee ends on the high note of his redemptive drunk fight and team up with Gaara.

Chouji's survival would need a panel or two of explanation, but...
    One of these days, one dedicated fan is going to have to make a Naruto manga redux where they make all those changes.

The only difficulty would be that they change outfits. (And even then Naruto loses his shirt part way, so...)

Otherwise they're at the same location and make almost no reference to anything that happened, so it wouldn't be hard.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

And there can be some kind of closing narration in the penultimate chapter, like: "Naruto and his friends would continue to have many adventures, including them hunting down and discovering the secrets of Itachi and the Akatsuki. But perhaps some things are best left unsaid."

Or, better yet:

"Itachi and the rest of Akatsuki were arrested in a ninja drug bust and were found with possession of over 100,000 naked plant men."
    Last edited by Nobodyman; November 12th, 2014 at 02:30 PM.

IGN is really trying to jump on that bandwagon.

And I stopped scrolling when I saw fucking Kabuto on the list.

So why isn't Sasuke higher on the list? The problem is consistency. Although Naruto creator Masashi Kishimoto did write some great moments for Sasuke, his story was often dragged out to the point of tedium and there were times when his character seemed to have powers and abilities out of nowhere.
    When this is what you're writing for one of your top ten characters, then it's clear there wasn't a lot to work with in the first place.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

I was laughing at that site when they described Sasuke as Naruto's "closest friend". WTF... they were rivals yeah, but I, personally, never saw them as friends. yeah yeah, in the manga, its possible some said that.. but Sasuke was never friendly -really friendly, not the sarcastic teammate crap- towards Naruto.
    Yeah, I know Naruto spent a lot of time saying Sasuke is redeemable - this after getting a emo-fist shoved through his chest - yadda yadda yawwwn. The whole crap of forgiving Sasuke after he left (which was suppose to be a BIG crime,- being a missing nin- punishable by death- least in the early part of series) is what started turning me off the series. Then the timeskip happened and everything seemed to be "lets be crap and repeat the crap over"

Hell, I like Kabuto more than I liked Sasuke (which is none). But really Kabuto shouldn't be on the top 10 list, there were so many others more deserving, like Shikamaru (who was a better friend to Naruto than Saskue could be)

But I laughed at Saskue being on the low end of the top 10 at #7 (still just a runner up to his brother!) and Sakura wasn't on there at all. ... but then the only time I've seen anyone like Sakura is the NaruKa shippers.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    and he didn't teach Naruto any badass jutsu.
    Shadow Clone Jutsu?

Naruto's signature technique? preceded the Rasengan?

But what really made Kabuto an interesting and sympathetic character was his history. His childhood was tragic undergoing physical and mental transformations that made him one of the most developed characters in the series. And in the process he used his heightened intelligence and abilities to defeat some of the greatest Shinobi around,
    Really?

But Sasuke always had a dark side
    No he didn't.

there were times when his character seemed to have powers and abilities out of nowhere.
    People need to let the outcome of the Deidara fight go it's been what 6-7 years now?

his younger brother who was the only member of the Uchiha clan spared
    You know besides Itachi himself and that guy who liked wearing those crazy looking masks and knew troll worthy techniques.

He took on an incredible personal burden to protect the village from itself
    ?

but Tsunade changed all that and brought some much-needed feminine perspective to the story
    For one whole arc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Shadow Clone Jutsu?

Naruto's signature technique? preceded the Rasengan?
    Iruka didn't teach him that.

He learned shadow clone from the forbidden scroll, on his own. They were only teaching kids normal clone jutsu which is no more than an image.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post

He learned shadow clone from the forbidden scroll, on his own. They were only teaching kids normal clone jutsu which is no more than an image.
    Its still played an important part in their relationship.

True but Iruka did repeatedly teach Naruto on how to perform the basic version and watched him fail before Naruto decided to learn the more advanced version of the technique, which he somehow got right?

Thinking about it retrospectively that is too convenient.
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting

True but Iruka did repeatedly teach Naruto on how to perform the basic version and watched him fail before Naruto decided to learn the more advanced version of the technique, which he somehow got right?

Thinking about it retrospectively that is too convenient.
    Well, it's possible that learning normal clone jutsu laid in the groundwork which made it easier for Naruto to understand the more advanced version.

But yeah, always thought it was too convenient how he just read the scroll and managed to perform it perfectly. If it was so easy for him to learn shadow clone by reading, why doesn't he have a richer arsenal of jutsu?

Because he learns by experience, by his own admission, as he has done every time he learned a new jutsu in the series.

I would have liked Naruto so much more if the main character learned more than 4 jutsu. I remember realizing he's not gonna learn any sweet wind jutsu at some point, but I can't remember when. Also, it was funny how the elemental affinities and their interaction didn't even matter in the final fight.

I would have liked Naruto so much more if the main character learned more than 4 jutsu.
    Was it four?

Seeing as how every jutsu he uses is a either a tweak of his two signature attacks or a combination of them.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    LOL at:

-Itachi ranking higher than Sasuke
    -Only one female character on the list

Was it four?

Seeing as how every jutsu he uses is a either a tweak of his two signature attacks or a combination of them.
    I counted cloning, transformation, rasengan and summoning.

Of course if we're generous, we could break cloning into 2, break transformation into his sexy, perverted and copy jutsus, add all the rasengan variations and each individual summon he can make. Too tired to count.

Then we have power ups, fox mode and sage mode. Can he do body substitution with logs? Don't think we saw that from him.

Bonus jutsu - Sennen Goroshi AKA Thousand Years of Death/Pain

Is there anything else that might qualify as jutsu?

I think my top ten list would have (in no particular order):
    -Jiraiya
    -Orochimaru
    -Kabuto (for part one and what he could have been in part two, but alas...)
    -Second Mizukage, because he was so fun
    -Hidan
    -Might Guy
    -Kakashi
    -Killer Bee
    -Deidara
    -Itachi (he was cool, despite traumatizing his brother, what the fuck was the point, stupid)

Probably some others too, like Second Hokage, Neji, Shikamaru, maybe even Minato the Perfect.

No women on the list? Yeah, they suck. Temari was good in part 1. Sucks that she didn't do anything of note in part 2.
    Last edited by Razh; November 13th, 2014 at 01:12 AM.

I think my top ten list would have (in no particular order):
    -Jiraiya
    -Orochimaru
    -Kabuto (for part one and what he could have been in part two, but alas...)
    -Second Mizukage, because he was so fun
    -Hidan
    -Might Guy
    -Kakashi
    -Killer Bee
    -Deidara
    -Itachi (he was cool, despite traumatizing his brother, what the fuck was the point, stupid)

Probably some others too, like Second Hokage, Neji, Shikamaru, maybe even Minato the Perfect.
    Add Rock Lee in there and we got a deal.

Also, am I the only one that actually liked Kisame?

Edit: And Gaara. I like Gaara

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceCowboy View Post
    Add Rock Lee in there and we got a deal.

Also, am I the only one that actually liked Kisame?

Well, it's possible that learning normal clone jutsu laid in the groundwork which made it easier for Naruto to understand the more advanced version.

But yeah, always thought it was too convenient how he just read the scroll and managed to perform it perfectly. If it was so easy for him to learn shadow clone by reading, why doesn't he have a richer arsenal of jutsu?
    In retrospect, it seems like a foreshadowing to how the series was going to turn out. Essentially Kishi already had planned to toss out the hardworking underdog theme such as by how this scene turned out by him MAGICALLY perfecting a skill by reading a book ONCE. Underdog right there.

Closed Thread

Thread Information