Closed Thread
Page 309 of 500 FirstFirst ... 209 259 299 307 308 309 310 311 319 359 409 ... LastLast
Results 6,161 to 6,180 of 10000

Thread: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

Default Re: Burrito Thread XI: The End? I still don't believe it!

Oh forgot to mention Hanzo vs Mifune, one of the most disappointing fights I EVER seen in a manga, a fodder fight in OP was better than this shit.

Ah, it's over. It was a good run.

(dat One piece gesture tho). (I heard its cause Oda and kishi are actually good friends)

The consensus seems to be that it was, for the most part, great in Part I. Then in Part II, it was okay, then gradually reached a pretty damn high peak with the Pain arc, and then went to complete shit during the war arc.

I'm just gonna copy this post I saw from another forum:

"Naruto was bad. You can barely say any character had an arc across 15 years. Kishimoto's writing and treatment of women in his manga is embarrassing at best. Many of the themes kicked off in part 1, which were supposed to be fundamental pillars around which the writing twisted around, were abandoned or perverted by manga's end. Entire characters were forgotten. The ass pulls were formidable and without end.

The actual two final chapters serve as a tomb for all of Kishi's bad ideas, lack of foresight, and perhaps lack of care and subtlety, forever encased in mediocrity. None of the pairings felt believable: for as much sense as they made you might as well throw names in a hat and pair off the two names you pick in a row.

All in all, though, Naruto was a roller coaster of an experience. In my early HS years it was a staple, and I can't imagine how my life would have been if I never discovered the franchise. I'll have fond memories of certain parts, and feel the smallest of pity/melancholy for how much potential it pissed away, but I've long since washed my hands of any negative attachment to Naruto and his adventures. It is what it is. "

The bolded specifically is great
    FMA 03> FMA Brotherhood

Kishimoto: Using my brand new Shippomatic-9000, we can figure out all the pairings for all the characters.

First pull of the lever gives us... Naruto and....... Hinata. Great. Next.... Sasuke and.... Sakura. Great.

Last is.... Kiba... and.... a wooden log. Aaaand that's all folks.

Oh yeah, and the Sasuke Sakura relationship is the worst relationship in the history of manga.

It's proof of Kishi's lack of planning ahead.
    FMA 03> FMA Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Maju View Post
    holy mother of walltexts on a pogo stick _
    *looks at Razh*
    Is that also an internet meme? If so why on a pogo stick?

Quote Originally Posted by ShinigamiKing View Post
    Oh yeah, and the Sasuke Sakura relationship is the worst relationship in the history of manga.

"Im sorry Sakura"

"Sorry for what"?

That part was unintentionally funny.

Worser than say Bulma & Vegeta.

I mean yeah we got a cool character out of the deal in Trunks but......I don't know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Men this is soooo sad. It's like when Dragon Ball was over =( Tears...

Even if i didn't like that last chapter and how the last part of the story was told, i think that it was an amazing ride.

Naruto is a shitty father who can't even create a clone to be with his son.

No it's not. It's really not. I wish people would stop saying things like that, when there's plenty of other series that have done far worse.

And he planned it plenty ahead, it'd been a regular thing for most of the series. He just thought Sasuke's "redemption" would come off better for the readers than it actually has.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

I quite liked this last chapter. It was nice seeing all these characters grown up. Shino and Chouji look baller as fuck as adults. Also it's kind of sad to see than even after all these years, no one cares about Tenten.

It was a fun fanservicey last chapter and I look forward to when One Piece eventually gets its own full colour final chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by BingBang View Post
    Men this is soooo sad. It's like when Dragon Ball was over =( Tears...

Even if i didn't like that last chapter and how the last part of the story was told, i think that it was an amazing ride.

Naruto is a shitty father who can't even create a clone to be with his son.
    What an asshole.
    Everything's Eventual...

That was amazing. Of course I mean *that*. Those two guys have been through a helluva lot and gone back and forth a LOT during the years. I have my qualms with the story and the 'heroes' and it took 700 chapters but 'Naruto' brought a tear to my eye and it has nothing to do with Naruto.

Sheesh. It feels weird that there's not going to be any new chapters anymore.

Has Kishi said what he's gonna do after this? Hopefully something he actually enjoys.

Ah, it's over. It was a good run.

http://i.imgur.com/22Oh1Ki.png
    Thanks for reminding me of how much spirit the art used to have. :C

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    That was amazing. Of course I mean *that*. Those two guys have been through a helluva lot and gone back and forth a LOT during the years. I have my qualms with the story and the 'heroes' and it took 700 chapters but 'Naruto' brought a tear to my eye and it has nothing to do with Naruto.
    I don't know if I should ask, but you know of both homages already?
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I'm sure you had (or will have this monday) a field day with the 300 details and nods Oda put in his homage cover page this week.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    You need to read a lot more if *that* was the worst thing you've ever read.

It was a decent ending, just not well served by what came before it.

Even within manga worse endings off the top of my head exist like Yu Yu Hakusho, Shaman King, or Negima. Especially Negima's.. which ALSO did the timeskip thing, but pretended we got to see the final battle, and didn't actually confirm its romantic pairing even though that was a central part of the entire series being a harem comedy.
    It wasn't the worst ending if we JUST read the last chapter. If we just look at the last chapter. . .what made Yu Yu Hakusho's worse?
    Spoiler:
    Yusuke and co. inherit a beautiful piece of land from Genkai, and he and his longtime love interest hug each other in the beach during sunset.

It's incredibly short and has Togashi laziness all over it, but it's nothing too terrible. Terrible was the whole heaven terrorists thingie, which was the worse crap ever. But the last chapter's not to blame for that.

Relationships work like that though. I've ended up dating a girl I've known for 7 years, who lives in another country.

If you'd told me that a year ago, I wouldn't have had any inkling of what you were talking about because I never thought of her that way before.

Yes, as a *story* its nice to see actual seeds come forth to fruition, but as a built world it'd also be weird if every last character ended up with the person that was their obvious match from the time they were 10... .especially after a massive timejump (and a huge war!)

Sometimes you find love in weird places or where you don't expect it, or even the opposite of what you were looking for.
    But puting 10 pairings out of Kishi's derriere isn't the way to go either, me thinks. Plus, as you admit yourself, this doesn't make for super compeling storytelling. "All these guys grew a loving bond during the years I've just skipped". Taking into account these guys weren't given the spotlight during the time they should've been given it, the fact that these love affairs all happened during a huge timeskip isn't entirely gripping or something that makes you go "oh, these two ended up togheter, cute!".

And if that was the intention then, I don't know, show a party after the war? Show these people bonding together, something we haven't seen in over a decade? Show, I don't know, Chouji at least TALKING with that girl? So we know. . .that they know each other? Something so this doesn't feel so random?

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    No it's not. It's really not. I wish people would stop saying things like that, when there's plenty of other series that have done far worse.

And he planned it plenty ahead, it'd been a regular thing for most of the series. He just thought Sasuke's "redemption" would come off better for the readers than it actually has.
    Sorry, but you can't defend Sakura and Sasuke. There's been already far too many posts that have pointed out the stupidity of that relationship. You just can't. . .marry the guy that has ACTIVELY tried to kill you at least twice and that was planning a mass genocide just cause he poked your forehead and said "well, sorry, banging you, take care of our kid, I'm outta here, btw, clean the place, woman, bye!".

This IS one of the worst relationships out there, and the fact that it was mildly build up as the series went on (at least we saw how Sakura's infatuation with Darkly McDark never let go) makes it even kinda worse, as we're left unable to understand how Sakura, as terrible as she is (and she IS terrible) felt so low as to let herself get impregnated by someone that just. . .fucking hell, just tried to murder her! That called her useless and a nuisance 3 chapters ago before knocking her out cold cause she's annoying!

It's terrible, sorry. Just. . .terrible.
    Last edited by kouch_lee; November 6th, 2014 at 05:30 PM.

Relevant:

I can't say I won't miss Naruto, but it's nice to see the old dog put down.
    The ending was nice and standard for the series.

By the way, is Real Naruto still going on?

Quote Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
    By the way, is Real Naruto still going on?
    Nope, it's been cancelled to make way for the Sasuke manga. Ugh.

So what are we going to talk about now?

Blech?
    Everything's Eventual...

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    Nope, it's been cancelled to make way for the Sasuke manga. Ugh.
    Well if it is written by the same guy, surely it can't be THAT bad.....right?

Closed Thread

Thread Information