Closed Thread
Page 307 of 500 FirstFirst ... 207 257 297 305 306 307 308 309 317 357 407 ... LastLast
Results 6,121 to 6,140 of 10000

Thread: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

Lurking since 2007... Nidhoeggr's Avatar

Default Re: Burrito Thread XI: The End? I still don't believe it!

Quote Originally Posted by EA575 View Post
    Tumblr is a terrifying place.
    It's the place where the edgy 15 year olds, gender confused teens and frustrated pony fans hang out. I am suprised they take it so well.
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. - Sun Tzu, The Art Of War

Quote Originally Posted by Chimay View Post

Tumblr in a nutshell.
    Maybe we should start making a collection of such outrages by Naruto fans? I have seen similar posts, some even by Narusasu fans who can't understand why Naruto and Sasuke banged Hinata and Sakura.^^;

collected panels of everyone.
    Hidden:

Geez, you guys were not kidding about Tsunade. What the heck?

I haven't read all the previous pages, but I guess most people found that Tsunade looked younger than before, right ?

Tsunade and Sakura have the exact same face...

Indiscriminate Grappler Gokuyuske's Avatar

Well, it's over. I also get a little nostalgic when a manga I've been following for such a long time ends...but well Kishi definitely went full JK Rowling on this one. Pairings are fine and all but they don't really do anything for me.

Seeing Naruto becoming Hokage for just a few panel is so underwhelming. I fully expect when Luffy becomes King of the Pirates that it will be an incredible and momentous event, but this just felt like a happy ending forgone conclusion...

I don't really have anything else to say about the series. It was fantastic through the Chunnin Exam arc and then it steadily declined forcing us to wallow in a final arc war that felt useless for YEARS and presenting a useless final villain as well.

Spoiler:

Now from an infamous chinese cartoon imageboard
    I haven't laughed that much after the release of a chapter since Beelzebub

Oh god chapter 700 is the worst thing I've ever read. I honestly thought it was a fake chapter for the first handful of pages.

Quote Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
    Maybe we should start making a collection of such outrages by Naruto fans? I have seen similar posts, some even by Narusasu fans who can't understand why Naruto and Sasuke banged Hinata and Sakura.^^;
    I recommend not going to the narusaku sites either. It's a field of wilted flowers and despair. Tumblrs worse....
    Here’s how Naruto should end: Last panel is Naruto standing proudly over Konohagakure. Slowly zoom out to reveal Luffy staring into a snowglobe with a miniature Konoha inside it. Usopp asks him what he’s doing. Luffy replies “Thinkin’ bout ninjas! Ninjas are cool!” and then chucks it off the ship

Funny how a village hidden in the leaves turned into a city with skyscrapers. But that's what ninjas are like after all. Wearing suits, using laptops, all that mystic stuff.

The ending itself is one huge joke and consists of badly drawn and coloured fanfic (barring NarutoxSasuke). I care about virtually none of those characters and don't feel the slightest investment into any of their stories due to the previous ~400 chapters failing to properly develop them. It's over- thank God- and can now be forgotten by most people. A few diehard fans will probably kill themselves while some others might bond together and move into a village hidden in the forest. I can actually see the latter happen lol

Killer B looks pretty badass though. Wouldn't mind seeing some author take his character and write a worthy spinoff of him touring through the villages. Together with his drinking buddy Kisame.

Tumblr in a nutshell.
    At first I read it serious, but then I couln't stop laughing. Insanely great if people really feel that way
    Last edited by Wintermute; November 6th, 2014 at 02:53 PM. Reason: grammar

That was probably the most predictable and lazy ending ever.
    I´ll cancel this manga from my memory from the time skip to here. I save only the first half. Gosh...

Damn son, seems iike a lot of Naruto fans are taking this harder than we are lolll

Quote Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
    Back then as a kid I already realized for myself that what Naruto wanted to be was not "hokage" which is in the end nothing but a title with lots of responsibilities and having to deal with lots and lots and lots and lots of paperwork. What Naruto wanted was a family, friends, comrades. He wanted to be accepted, be a part of a team, a community. He thought he would get all that magically by becoming the "strongest" and so gaining the Hokage title.
    In other words all he wanted was somebody to tell "I love you" and add the words "just the way how you are" to said three important words.
    Indeed. It appears this is the unspoken tragedy of Naruto.

The story of a boy who was ridiculed and ostracized by his village and wanted nothing more than someone to notice and care for him. In fact, he wanted it so badly, that he declared that he would become the village leader, and that way everyone would love him. Then, one day, he was shown a display of unconditional love and concern by his teacher, Iruka; the boy was elated. Soon, he began to develop bonds amongs the other villagers. First his squadmates, then the other ninjas of the village, and even some from neighboring countries. For a time, it seemed the boy was learning to love and be loved in return.

Alas, it was not to be.

Though he had the care and concern of his friends and comrades, the boy could not comprehend the meaning of his relationships with them. The boy merely wanted the status and attention that came with such bonds and became fiercely devoted to keeping them. So devoted in fact that, when one of them was threatened, when his squadmate chose to abandon the village, he became obsessed with finding the renegade and returning him to the village, all so he could restore and validify his perceived bond with him. Indeed, perhaps the boy had been ostracized so long that he no longer had the capacity to have a meaningful relationship. And his friends and mentors, knowing that they were all partially responsible for turning him into such a state, could only watch as he pursued the runaway for years on end, even neglecting and forsaking his other friends in the process.

In his quest for status and power, the boy grew stronger and eventually even managed to retrieve his friend and obtain the village leader position he so desperately wanted. But still, the meanings of his bonds and status eluded him. Even when faced with his soulmate, the one girl who had loved him above all and before anyone else, he only saw her as a means to increase his status. He married her and fathered two children, but even his bonds with them were lost on him. Indeed, all of these things he did merely because he believed it was the expected thing to do and to enhance the pereceived affection and attention being given to him.

And so, the boy who became a man, and had wanted nothing more than to be loved by the entire village, finally got everything he wanted. And it was all so meaningless.

BTW, nice alternate ending. Very sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Hermit View Post
    Damn son, seems iike a lot of Naruto fans are taking this harder than we are lolll
    Well, I know that many genuinely did still like the series despite it's flaws.

Quote Originally Posted by Wintermute View Post
    At first I read it serious, but then I couln't stop laughing. Insanely great if people really feel that way
    You should visit Tumblr if you want a good laugh
    Here, more
    Spoiler:

You may cringe a lot, though, if you're not used to it.

Their tears are delicious. Now I'm so impatient for a really shitty Bleach ending (Kubo sure will deliver) that disappoints even the last fans

Quote Originally Posted by Kizuchan View Post
    Well, I know that many genuinely did still like the series despite it's flaws.
    Yeah but I mean just the sheer level of seething anger from these posts is just overwhelmingly in disgust that it's pretty crazy how seriously they took the shipping

Christ, what a nothing of a final chapter. It might have had more of an emotional resonance if we actually cared about these characters? Instead it just comes off as well these guys paired up and that's your chapter. The biggest misstep in all this is the lack of a resolved theme. Naruto switched from being about hard work overcoming genius to friendship is magic long ago and the whole story rings hollow because of how poorly done this shoe-horned in theme was. It just gives this pervasive feeling of pointlessness. What have we learned, how have these characters grown, who cares?

Also, of course Sakura's ultimate character resolution after being abused, tortured and nearly killed by Sasuke for so long was to become his cum dumpster. No real feeling of growth or resolution, just throw her a marriage and who cares. Really empowering, remember when the female characters in Naruto had the drive to be the peers to the males because I don't? Ugh.

At least this dying dog has finally been put out of its misery.

Yeah but I mean just the sheer level of seething anger from these posts is just overwhelmingly in disgust that it's pretty crazy how seriously they took the shipping
    Oh yeah, that stuff's ridiculous. But I can understand those who geinuinely enjoyed it are sad that the series is over or are going to miss it. Despite stuff like length or what I think about it's quality.

You should visit Tumblr if you want a good laugh
    I'm doing this right now and IT IS GREAT! Even NaruSasu fans are complaining. Laughing in tears now

Closed Thread

Thread Information