Closed Thread
Page 268 of 500 FirstFirst ... 168 218 258 266 267 268 269 270 278 318 368 ... LastLast
Results 5,341 to 5,360 of 10000

Thread: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

Shipmate

Default Re: Naruto Thread XI: One Day More(ish)

Nothing else matters.

Well, as much as the main branch is concerned...

Shipmate

All for Hyuuga.

Neji willingly sacrificed himself to bring Naruto and Hinata together.

I know I'm not the only one who will seriously miss Naruto. I mean, I've been reading for about 8 1/2 years week after week after week after week. It's the only thing in my weekly routine that I still do from back then. (besides the obvious stuff like pooping) I feel some type of way, and even though I've been reading One Piece only since 2009, I can imagine that I'll truly be feeling some type of way when it ends :(

So when did you guys completely stop caring about the story of Naruto, specifically (as in don't just say "The War")? Not where you think the story went downhill, but when you personally didn't care what happened to the characters any more.

While I didn't like the direction it was headed in part II, my interest was somewhat revitalized with the Shikamaru/Asuma arc. That interest stayed for a bit, though I finally wavered when Sasuke made his 100% logical decision to "destroy Konoha". I just did not understand, and could no longer put in any more investment into a dying story. *That* is when Naruto died for me.

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    It's the only thing in my weekly routine that I still do from back then. (besides the obvious stuff like pooping)
    That's *weekly* for you!? Damn, and here it's pretty much a daily routine for me...

As for your comments, I'll definitely miss it in a sentimental sense, though I'll honestly be glad it's freeing up a slot in Jump. I'll probably rewatch the Land of Waves (I still have a Village of the Mist headband back from like 2006) and Chunin Exams at some point, to bring back the memories.
    Last edited by Mickamott; November 3rd, 2014 at 11:10 PM.

3DS: 1993-7490-6080 NNID: Mickamott PSN: Mickamott

Anyone notice their dominant arms with the useless 6path powers were the same ones that got blown off?

Quote Originally Posted by Mickamott View Post
    So when did you guys completely stop caring about the story of Naruto, specifically (as in don't just say "The War")? Not where you think the story went downhill, but when you personally didn't care what happened to the characters any more.

While I didn't like the direction it was headed in part II, my interest was somewhat revitalized with the Shikamaru/Asuma arc. That interest stayed for a bit, though I finally wavered when Sasuke made his 100% logical decision to "destroy Konoha". I just did not understand, and could no longer put in any more investment into a dying story. *That* is when Naruto died for me.

That's *weekly* for you!? Damn, and here it's pretty much a daily routine for me...

As for your comments, I'll definitely miss it in a sentimental sense, though I'll honestly be glad it's freeing up a slot in Jump. I'll probably rewatch the Land of Waves (I still have a Village of the Mist headband back from like 2006) and Chunin Exams at some point, to bring back the memories.
    Pain's redemption was the death knell signalling that Naruto had finally become irredeemable. But even before then, Naruto had a slow but steady decline in quality from decent, to bland and mediocre, then finally a train wreck of epic proportions.

The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by x20a View Post
    Anyone notice their dominant arms with the useless 6path powers were the same ones that got blown off?

http://i9.mangapanda.com/naruto/671/naruto-4876859.jpg
    Well, yeah. It would be their dominant hand that they used their most powerful attacks with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing
    Stay focused, cause right now you have a decision to make. Are you a man perpetually looking back at what he’s lost, or a man looking forward, to what he might become?

Holy shit... If Hashirama ceels are really infused in the anus of Milli Vanilli to grow their ugly arms back this means... We will get a last power up for them... Mokuton for everyone... LOL

The decline was slow, but Pain really was the last straw when a perfect opportunity to use the secondaries was skipped... they could have all taken out a body uniquely suited to them and still had the final big bad for Naruto... or even had them all re-rezzed but hace gained important intel (thus cementing the fact that they would NEVER do anything again). Followed by Naruto having off screeen become the depended on savior... Hinata's awful (and then ignored) sacrifice ... (which the anime AND games made better) followed by Pain's magic reset eye that undid all the tension and costs and made the entire arc moot....

it was just the final straw and when all hope was lost of it ever returning to even passable quality. Hopes that it would be *good* again were gone by then, but that was when we knew we weren't getting even a smidgen of what had ever been promised as far as the world and secondaries was concerned.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Now now, Robby, the secondaries got plenty of spotlight, I distinctly remember Konohamaru inconveniencing a Pain Body for a bit

The craziest thing about Hinata's confession is, it was pretty awful, but then later became good when compared to *Sakura's* confession.

What the hell bitch.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

I remember the Rasengan Konohamaru used to attack Pain was as big as his role in the manga, but that's all I can remember about this incredibly deep and complex character.

The Data Book is cluster-fucked to no end...
    It's almost time. Any thoughts/predictions for the last upcoming chapters?
    Here’s how Naruto should end: Last panel is Naruto standing proudly over Konohagakure. Slowly zoom out to reveal Luffy staring into a snowglobe with a miniature Konoha inside it. Usopp asks him what he’s doing. Luffy replies “Thinkin’ bout ninjas! Ninjas are cool!” and then chucks it off the ship

Quote Originally Posted by ArmamentHero View Post
    The Data Book is cluster-fucked to no end...
    It's almost time. Any thoughts/predictions for the last upcoming chapters?
    Yeah it is... But Kakashi <333 Shits on them all <333

This is how Naruto ends:

The other ninja folk find Sasuke and Naruto passed out, both almost dead from blood loss. Emergency operations commence. When they come to, each ask where the other is (this is done by a beautiful two panel page, where one half is Naruto's face and the other half is Sasuke's face, coming together as if they are one person. This is important foreshadowing so REMEMBER IT!).

Lo and behold, both Naruto and Sasuke have new arms (this has sadly been spoiled by the promo teasers for The End. Thanks Kishi / Obama). However, twist! Because it was all still fleshly spongy gunk, Saskue's new arm is made of parts from Naruto's arm, and vice versa.

Sasuke and Naruto finally remeet after their epic conclusive fight. "So, I hear my arm is your arm," Naruto says to Sasuke.

Sasuke smiles a happy smile - the first one in his entire life. "And my arm is your arm." The smile stays strong. they briefly look at each other. "We will always be together." Sasuke pats Naruto on the back with NARUTO'S ARM! "Believe it!"

HAHAHAHAHAHA

NO OTHER CHARACTERS APPEAR

EPILOGUE

Time skip! There's a new Hokage. Is it Naruto? Sasuke? Yes. It's both. Joint Hokages! The team that never quits has still not quit, and now the dynamic duo of Team 7 has become Hokage.

Final page of the manga is a montage of them doing Hokage things.

Second to last panel, Naruto and Sasuke wrap their arms around each other ("Kishi, this symbolism is brilliant" they'll say", and walk into the sunset. The final panel, Hinata looks at the two walking away. She sighs.

THE END

Quote Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
    This is how Naruto ends:

The other ninja folk find Sasuke and Naruto passed out, both almost dead from blood loss. Emergency operations commence. When they come to, each ask where the other is (this is done by a beautiful two panel page, where one half is Naruto's face and the other half is Sasuke's face, coming together as if they are one person. This is important foreshadowing so REMEMBER IT!).

Lo and behold, both Naruto and Sasuke have new arms (this has sadly been spoiled by the promo teasers for The End. Thanks Kishi / Obama). However, twist! Because it was all still fleshly spongy gunk, Saskue's new arm is made of parts from Naruto's arm, and vice versa.

Sasuke and Naruto finally remeet after their epic conclusive fight. "So, I hear my arm is your arm," Naruto says to Sasuke.

Sasuke smiles a happy smile - the first one in his entire life. "And my arm is your arm." The smile stays strong. they briefly look at each other. "We will always be together." Sasuke pats Naruto on the back with NARUTO'S ARM! "Believe it!"

HAHAHAHAHAHA

NO OTHER CHARACTERS APPEAR

EPILOGUE

Time skip! There's a new Hokage. Is it Naruto? Sasuke? Yes. It's both. Joint Hokages! The team that never quits has still not quit, and now the dynamic duo of Team 7 has become Hokage.

Final page of the manga is a montage of them doing Hokage things.

Second to last panel, Naruto and Sasuke wrap their arms around each other ("Kishi, this symbolism is brilliant" they'll say", and walk into the sunset. The final panel, Hinata looks at the two walking away. She sighs.

THE END
    Good joke, for a second I thought you were for real. You almost had me, man, but you went a bit too far with it and it became unbelieveable. Good try though, I was almost convinced it to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
    Good joke, for a second I thought you were for real. You almost had me, man, but you went a bit too far with it and it became unbelieveable. Good try though, I was almost convinced it to be true.
    You're right. I'm sorry. I know Hinata won't appear again.

Can't believe how hyped I am for these last chapters. Despite my deadened feelings towards the series, there's a flicker of hope for a great ending. How quickly will it be quashed?

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jejune View Post
    How quickly will it be quashed?
    5 to 10 pages in.^^

Closed Thread

Thread Information