Closed Thread
Page 260 of 500 FirstFirst ... 160 210 250 258 259 260 261 262 270 310 360 ... LastLast
Results 5,181 to 5,200 of 10000

Thread: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

Default Re: Naruto Thread XI: Tom Bombadill

I really enjoyed Deidara vs Sasuke. Especially someone giving Sasuke trouble part. Then Kishi pulls that crap with Manda.

Sasuke is so cool, he managed to summon Manda, hypnotize it and get into it's mouth all in a matter of few seconds and despite having no chakra left.

The worst part was some people claiming Sasuke won that fight. Technically, maybe. But nope, not really. His enemy chose suicide attack, he ran. Those cancel eachother out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinigamiKing View Post
    Naruto is one of those mangas where you knew Kishi didn't plan ahead enough. Shippuden felt too different from the original. It's hard to explain since I fell out of it but hopefully someone can understand.
    I never felt like it was too different. The change from part 1 to part 2 was the tonal shift that is supposed to come when a story shifts its focus from preteens to young adults. It just seems like a rapid shift because a timeskip is the instant rather than gradual transition. Contrast that with Rowling who used the entire 4th book to transition the tone of Harry Potter. I don't necessarily think one is better than the other though.

I'm surprised more aren't picking the Zabuza arc as a high point. Many people usually refer to that as the best Naruto arc.
    Everything's Eventual...

Wasn't Deidara the one who said Sasuke had no chakra left? IIRC Sasuke didn't confirm or deny if Deidara was right was about him not having chakra, Deidara could have made a false assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey D. Destiny View Post
    Wasn't Deidara the one who said Sasuke had no chakra left? IIRC Sasuke didn't confirm or deny if Deidara was right was about him not having chakra, Deidara could have made a false assumption.
    Sasuke was visibly exhausted, no matter what Deidara said. Besides, even if he had some chakra left, that's not really enough to summon something like Manda. He fell to his knees after freeing himself from Deidara's clay snakes with lightning. There was nothing that implied he was faking it afterwards. He didn't even have to use that chakra that held Orochimaru's cells under control (like vs Itachi). And it was before his chakra levels started spiraling up with EMS and shit.

It was just Kishi being lazy.

I'm surprised more aren't picking the Zabuza arc as a high point. Many people usually refer to that as the best Naruto arc.
    I've never really understood this one. People calling it the "best arc" and all. It seems like calling Syrup Village the "best one piece arc". It's got moments that I love, and it has all the elements that will go on to make up the series, but there's just so little of it to love. And the characters are still establishing themselves in relation to eachother. I guess it's cool to see that happen, but for my money the Chuunin Exam that follows just has so much more to offer.

I will chose 3 peaks...3rd vs. Oro,then Kakashi Gaiden and then Pain arc....
    I have two wishes now for the last two chapters..one is seeing Kakashi without mask smiling with team 7 and the other is final panel in final chapter being a double spread showing full Konoha and Naruto's face in the hokage mountain...
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Bad_Lith View Post
    I've never really understood this one. People calling it the "best arc" and all. It seems like calling Syrup Village the "best one piece arc". It's got moments that I love, and it has all the elements that will go on to make up the series, but there's just so little of it to love. And the characters are still establishing themselves in relation to eachother. I guess it's cool to see that happen, but for my money the Chuunin Exam that follows just has so much more to offer.
    I think it's a number of factors. Everyone had a part to play. Kakashi was a badass jounin level ninja and he proved it. Naruto and Sasuke improved greatly in their training and both of them fought Haku. Sakura cowered somewhere around the client they were supposed to be protecting. Cassic 'Naruto'.

It was also the first time they were out if the country so it was a bit of world building.

Zabuza and Haku made awesome villains and their tragic relationship (that of a tool and his master) made you sympathize for them.

Naruto's talk-no-jutsu was actually super effective where it really counts. On the audience.

You didn't hate the characters by that point.

I don't know, not my favorite arc either, but I really enjoyed it.
    Everything's Eventual...

It was also the first time they were out if the country so it was a bit of world building.
    It was also a last bit of world building.

After that, some towns or villages appeared as backgrounds but not much more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    It was also a last bit of world building.

After that, some towns or villages appeared as backgrounds but not much more than that.
    At one point Naruto and co. traveled to that snowy samurai country and hyperventilated.
    Everything's Eventual...

Quote Originally Posted by Furisu View Post
    I hated the majority of the Obito moments (and the Rin flashbacks) and the Kaguya fight. Something else that bothered me: Why did nearly all of the antagonist need to be misunderstood people with a tragic past? I mean it's good for some of them but nearly all of them had one.
    Except for most of Akatsuki. I actually liked the group.

Speaking of all this Sasuke flip flopping. I just remembered the Dr. Snake thing. I mean, those couple of chapters where he was racing off to kill a bunch of people. Sees Itachi's zombie follows him, has weird interactions...I just it felt so random. I can't decide if his character was supposed to be so weak minded that he couldn't keep any real convictions. That was how I realized I wound up feeling about Sasuke after all of this. That he was probably the most confused and easy character to throw off course. His ninja way was to live in the heat of the moment apparently. Part 1 he at least felt like a character that had motivations that made sense. Making Itachi this martyr was probably one of the bigger mistakes. I understand characters that have something they thought was true turn out to be a barrel of lies and it breaks them...But I just felt that the execution was way off. Sasuke had nothing I could feel that was likeable about him. And I like villains and anti hero characters! I really do. But the only villain I liked at all was Gaara lol. I had hopes for Orochimaru, but he kinda did nothing after a while. And Akatsuki I don't feel got enough screen time overall.

More for The Last Movie: Color Scans of Naruto, Sasuke, Kakashi, Shikamaru, Chouji, Sakura, Ino, Gaara, and Toneri
    http://www.saiyanisland.com/2014/11/...ta-ino-others/
    Here’s how Naruto should end: Last panel is Naruto standing proudly over Konohagakure. Slowly zoom out to reveal Luffy staring into a snowglobe with a miniature Konoha inside it. Usopp asks him what he’s doing. Luffy replies “Thinkin’ bout ninjas! Ninjas are cool!” and then chucks it off the ship

lol Sasuke really is Byakuya

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

I miss when Naruto used to go absolutely berserk when the Nine-Tails took over. That shit was so cash. It was best executed in his fight with Pain. How did we go from the kid who was struggling to resist the urge to kill Nagato to "Obito is the coolest guy!"? Fuck it, I'm done trying to find excuses for Kishi.

Shino and Kiba died in a rock slide.
    Everything's Eventual...

Their design posters will probably show up soon enough.
    Here’s how Naruto should end: Last panel is Naruto standing proudly over Konohagakure. Slowly zoom out to reveal Luffy staring into a snowglobe with a miniature Konoha inside it. Usopp asks him what he’s doing. Luffy replies “Thinkin’ bout ninjas! Ninjas are cool!” and then chucks it off the ship

If it weren't for Hinata, Team 8 could have just never appeared, and the story would not be affected in the slightest.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Hermit View Post
    If it weren't for Hinata, Team 8 could have just never appeared, and the story would not be affected in the slightest.
    Hinata is taking over, it's only a matter of time before she conquers all of Naruverse. ALL HAIL HINATA. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by God of Skypeia View Post
    I miss when Naruto used to go absolutely berserk when the Nine-Tails took over. That shit was so cash. It was best executed in his fight with Pain. How did we go from the kid who was struggling to resist the urge to kill Nagato to "Obito is the coolest guy!"? Fuck it, I'm done trying to find excuses for Kishi.
    Nagato never wanted to be Hokage so screw him. He's lucky he only got away with sacrificing his life to save the villagers he just killed so all Konoha had to do was worry about property damage.

Obito though...he had such beautiful Hokage ambitions. You can almost forget he lead to the death of the 4th Hokage and his wife.
    Everything's Eventual...

Closed Thread

Thread Information