Closed Thread
Page 256 of 500 FirstFirst ... 156 206 246 254 255 256 257 258 266 306 356 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,120 of 10000

Thread: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Default Re: Naruto Thread XI: One week more

From what I read about the movie, the main villain is a Hamura descendant who does possess the Byakugan even without being a Hyuga.

Quote Originally Posted by Piitan View Post
    From what I read about the movie, the main villain is a Hamura descendant who does possess the Byakugan even without being a Hyuga.
    Cuz Hamura had the Byakugan. He went to the moon to protect the Gedo Mazou. Maybe one part doesn't wanted and stayed down on earth.

And further more... The villian even has the advanced Byakugan and is the last of his kind. Maybe he wants to festroy Naruto world cuz they are resonsible, aka Madara who summoned the Gedo Mazou, that his clan was destroyed. But after learning that the Hyuugas are a clan from Hamura he may kidnaps Hinata/Hanabi to restore his destroyed clan

The more I read about Kaguya and co, the more I think the big announcement of next week will be a Naruto GT of some sort with interdimensionnal travel. Kaguya seems so forced into the story to be able to expand the plot.
    I feared a part 3 of this kind since the 6 path hermit reveal... but maybe it's "just" really bad writing.

Soooo, from the impressions... this more or less how it went down, isn't it?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nFM4wDeXco
    Prophetic!

Quote Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
    I can't even remember the name of the NATION Konoha was located in. We know that Konoha is not the nation itself, "just" a part of it, yet over time it didn't mattered anymore.
    Land of Fire. Kishi introduced the damiyous that actually run the country, but nope nothing important ever happened with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kishido View Post
    Read this. From Databook 4

This means the guy from the movie is connected to Hamura.

But what bothers me now... How are there still the Hyuugas?

And further more... If they were there to guard the moon why haven't they go as soon as possible to the earth after Madara summoned it down to earth?
    I just realized I skipped tons of Naruto stuff because. . .I honestly have no clue what you're even talking about.

Otsotsukiwhat? Hamura? The Gedo Mazou from the moon?

No, seriously.

pDatabook IV info courtesy of Geg and Turrin from Naruto Forums:
    http://110.imagebam.com/download/rUu...Untitled-1.png
    http://111.imagebam.com/download/zSx...Untitled-2.png
    http://110.imagebam.com/download/pQl...Untitled-3.png
    http://110.imagebam.com/download/FJv...Untitled-4.png

Ever since "humans" were given form, they have fought each other and walked in a world of war. The earth was stained with blood, and as if it were absorbing that blood for nourishment, the Shinju took root in the earth. Eventually the Shinju beared a single fruit, and a certain clan came from another world seeking that fruit: the Ootsutsuki clan. Kaguya, leader of the Ootsutsuki, ate the fruit and became the progenitor of all chakra, and with her absolute power brought peace to the world in an instant.

After ending the turbulent era, she became known as the Rabbit Goddess and received the blessing of the people, giving birth to twins. But after that, Kaguya would occasionally use harsh means to rule the people as a dictator. The Byakugan, Sharingan, and Infinite Tsukuyomi - the people feared and respected the jutsu Kaguya wielded. Eventually, the "Rabbit Goddess" became known as a demon instead. And then, Kaguya became ruled by her desire to make all chakra her own.

To make all chakra one - Kaguya's desire eventually turned on Hagoromo and Hamura, her own twin sons with whom she had split her chakra. Kaguya formed a plan, and in order to take in all chakra, fused with the Shinju and battled against her twin sons.

The twins, assuming that the Juubi was a transformed Shinju attacking them in order to reclaim the chakra that was taken from it, faced off against it. And after a fierce battle, the activated Rikudou Chibaku Tensei. They turned it into the moon and sealed it away.

Caption next to Hamura on the last page: The Gedou Mazou, the remaining shell of the Juubi, was sealed in the moon. Hamura took command of the Ootsutsuki clan and relocated to the moon to watch over the Gedou Mazou.
    The Indra/Asura page says that Hagoromo handed over the position of clan leader to Hamura and stayed behind in this world to spread Ninshuu.

Looking through the rest of that page the only semi-new bit of info there is that it seems Indra was the one who first corrupted Ninshuu into Ninjutsu.
    Amenotejikara:

A ninjutsu using the Rinnegan received from the Sage of Six Paths. With in a certain range, the jutsu user can switch himself with the location of a target object in an instant. If the user switches himself with other objects in close-range combat, the user can evade enemy attacks in an instant, and can also attack by switching himself with a kunai or other weapon.

Kanji: Heaven, Hand, Power

Amenominaka:

A jutsu used by Kaguya with her "Rinnesharingan". Changes the world around the user and the people around her into another dimension. The dimensions it can move to are ones of lava, ice, gravity, sand, and acid, and these five dimensions are directly linked to (whatever dimension Black Zetsu mentions back when Naruto is there with them. I can't remember or figure out how to translate it). Using it consumes a huge amount of chakra, making it an eye jutsu only she can use.

Kanji: Heaven, Govern/Control, Inside
    Last edited by Louis-1988; October 31st, 2014 at 07:43 AM.

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

How exactly did they move to the moon, lol.

There's an eye-power for creating space shuttles.

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

Ah of course, how could I forget their very advanced eye shuttle program. xD
    Last edited by MajinArekkusu; October 31st, 2014 at 10:56 AM.

Full Trailer Translation:

Spoiler:

"Narrator: Naruto, concluded! 15 years since it began serialization, finally everyone’s fate has been decided! And now we tell you the story of the “blank period”.
    Caption: The movie tells us of a “blank period”. (trans note: this could also mean time of blankess/space/vacuum- I’d need more context to be sure. So for now I just went with what sounded most logical.)
    Narrator: The Naruto that no one has ever seen before…
    Caption: Towards the future of the original work.
    Narrator: Gaze upon him…!
    Caption: Two years after Sasuke and Naruto’s final battle.
    Toneri/Caption: The founder of all shinobi, the Sage of the Six Paths.
    Caption: The moon.
    Caption: Is falling.
    Toneri: My clan has waited years for this!
    Caption: Kaguya’s descendant, Ootsutsuki Toneri.
    Naruto: Ootsutsuki, you said?!
    Toneri: All of you humans who have continued to use chakra as a weapon…you will recieve your punishent!
    Caption: Countdown to the destruction of humanity.
    Hinata: You won’t be allowed to end this world!
    Kakashi: Our will can create miracles.
    Shikamaru: Let’s go!
    Naruto: remember, about that time. There’s something I have to tell you, no matter what. Please wait for me.
    Caption: Naruto’s final story.
    Shikamaru: Don’t know if we’ll make it back alive or not. I will protect what my teacher left behind! (trans note: word used is katami, could mean momento too, but I felt this worked better.)
    Sasuke: If he’s not here, then there’s obviously no choice but for me to protect you.
    Naruto: I always lived alone…
    Caption: The boy who was once called “useless trash”.
    Naruto: But I’ve made friends.
    Caption: The conclusion he has reached is…
    Naruto: What I need to protect…I’ve finally realized what it is!
    Caption: To never give up on the future.
    Naruto: That’s why, no matter how many times I have to do it, I will…!!
    Sakura: Naruto!
    Gaara: Naruto!
    Hinata: Naruto-kun!
    Caption: Until now, there has been no movie like it. This Naruto. Masashi Kishimoto Caption: 12/6. For the sake of the new era.

Basically, more Kaguya blah blah. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
    That was what... ...mattered less than a talk between two teenager boys.....Law of cool~
    That's essentialy how I feel, though it's certainly not fair to compare it to LotR. Tolkien crafted some of the best world building in fiction.

3DS: 1993-7490-6080 NNID: Mickamott PSN: Mickamott

To be fair, no one has single handedly created a world as well as Tolkien since. *No one*.

Granted, he had *other* storytelling and narrative weaknesses, but given that his goal was the show the world and the language and create a myth first and foremost... he succeeded at that pretty damn well.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Good worldbuilding should go hand in hand with a narrative to fully utilize the world. I care that Gondor, Rohan and Mordor are neighbors because that has an important consequence to the plot but I don't really care that there are three breeds of hobbits or X number of pipe weed because it never really has any relevance, it's a useless detail. You could argue flavor text but too much flavor and not enough plot is my problem.

In terms of worlds, One Piece, Song of Ice and Fire (I wish I could say Wheel of Time yet I'm still a long way away from being able to start it), Disc World are much better, fully fleshed out, engaging worlds. We explore different countries, different cultures and connect them to the plot in a relevant, organic way. Their history, their geography, their societies...Lord of the Rings just comess off as a dry account opposed to a story. Which is I guess what Tolkien intended but doesn't make for an engaging read.

The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar

Realize it's off topic, but I've been trying to read the Hobbit and the trilogy for the past few weeks. Halfway through Book 3 (the first book of The Two Towers), but I'm having a hard time reading the story in one sitting. I'll applaud Tolkien for actually coming up with the expansive world that he did but there's so much backstory my mind wants to just skim all of it even though I feel like some of it is actually important for the overall plot. Not a very big fan of the songs either, though I could just lack the imagination to make the songs come alive. I could just be showing my ignorance right now, as I have never been immersed in the LotR lore in any way before except watching the previous Hobbit films, but the songs are a slog.

Fan of the Hobbit after reading, and I'm curious to see how my knowledge of the book will affect my viewing of the third film.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing
    Stay focused, cause right now you have a decision to make. Are you a man perpetually looking back at what hes lost, or a man looking forward, to what he might become?

Speaking for Lord of The Rings, the songs are awful. And kill the pacing. Every. time.

Also fuck Tom Bombadil.

Hobbit is an easier read than LotR to be sure. LotR is interesting to read, I finally got through it a couple years ago after trying for most of my life... and I doubt I'll ever attempt to reread it again anytime soon. Just too dry for me. Maybe I'll be ready for it in my 40's.

(And for whatever nonsense changes Peter Jackson made in the movies, or important elements or things he missed that hardcore fans hate him for.... a lot of things he did for the sake of pacing and momentum and characterization and overall storytelling and I agree with them)
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

World-creation and world-building were Tolkien's forte, no doubt about it: he did a terrific job, way more than he actually needed, for his story. Too bad his prose was not that great, at least for me: a breathtaking world, but the stories were quite the letdown, especially because they felt too much like a melting-pot of "real" myths. Which is what he probably wanted to obtain, sure, but the execution felt quite thrown away, at times. Let's simply say that he had too much fun with the world, in the end, and the story suffered a bit...
    "Interestingly enough, the gods of the Disc have never bothered much about judging the souls of the dead, and so people only go to hell if that's where they think they deserve to go. Which they won't do if they don't know about it. This explains why it is important to shoot missionaries on sight."

Really, I have read through the entire three books of Lotr when I was 11, was the same time I started reading Naruto. I didn't found it that hard to read or to understand and I kind of liked the flavortext aka useless infos about pipeweed and such, we all know some sort of stuff that is "useless" but somehow for some reason plays an important part in our lives. Like knowing this and that about Naruto, most people would look at you with a reall weird look if you geek out about them, it is useless to know for their lives and they think same should go for you, but you still know this kind of "useless" information and keep it as memory. Also comparing One Piece and Song of Ice and Fire with Lotr is as unfair as comparing the world building of Lotr with naruto's, they got far more pages to explain their world in detail than Tolkien did and he had tons of infos about the lands of the east and such. Too bad we never saw the full story for that.

But enough book talk.^^

What I liked the most about the trailer were the parts where little Naruto talked to little Hinata, the part where Naruto(?) put his hands on Hinata's shoulder and she smiled with that little blush of hers and the whole red scarf deal that seems to play its part between Naruto and Hinata. A shame we needed a movie for some real romance though, would have liked to see stuff like that in the manga, but ofc nothing can keep Naruto's mind of Sasuke. <-<

Given what we've seen of how Kishimoto writes female characters, its probably best he left any romance to the animation team.

Closed Thread

Thread Information