Closed Thread
Page 255 of 500 FirstFirst ... 155 205 245 253 254 255 256 257 265 305 355 ... LastLast
Results 5,081 to 5,100 of 10000

Thread: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

Default Re: Naruto Thread XI: One week more

Quote Originally Posted by Bigivel View Post
    Good reason to dislike the 3rd Hokage and his advisers you want say. Is not because a president of a country is a totally jackass that the system is wrong or bad. But we're talking of a person that wanted to destroy an entire village, because the leaders of it secretly killed his family. So certainly he thinks he have a good reason to dislike that system.
    I did say somewhat of a good reason. I view Sasuke's character as one where he was confused and ultimately warped because of his clan being slaughtered by his own brother. Throughout the entire series, we've seen him make declarations and act on them, but failed. Or the fact because of the fact he was warped, it made him an easy target to be manipulated. In Sasuke's mind, he thought this was the best route, but slowly and surely, he felt bitter. Even more bitter of Naruto for being almost the same as him. But Naruto was looking to bond with others. Sasuke considered that as weakness, because honestly he was afraid to lose a special bond unexpectedly, so once again, he was made out to be complex, but in reality, he was simple. Him wanting to kill the kage system was what killed his family. Every village has done very shady shit, and Sasuke thought it was right, but he failed, and admitted he was wrong. That's just my take on it.
    Here’s how Naruto should end: Last panel is Naruto standing proudly over Konohagakure. Slowly zoom out to reveal Luffy staring into a snowglobe with a miniature Konoha inside it. Usopp asks him what he’s doing. Luffy replies “Thinkin’ bout ninjas! Ninjas are cool!” and then chucks it off the ship

So we will never know how Tobirama lost to fodders in Kinkaku and Ginkaku and also the strength of Prime Hiruzen.

Default Re: Naruto Thread XI: It's the final countdown! Frenchiboos.

Quote Originally Posted by x20a View Post
    He's the #1 most misogynistic writer in Jump.
    Big deal. He just can't handle storytelling.

Quote Originally Posted by LordPerucho View Post
    So we will never know how Tobirama lost to fodders in Kinkaku and Ginkaku and also the strength of Prime Hiruzen.
    Did we ever learn even how Hashirama died? I don't remember it ever being said how specifically he died.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartholemew Bear View Post
    Oh my, today I was in my comic book shop and had a discussion with someone who likes Naruto and thinks Naruto has better character development, storytelling and world-building than One Piece.
    In a mind occupied by bad taste I can understand coming to the first two conclusions. But the last has to be impossible no matter how deranged or tasteless someone is. What the fuck.

One Piece's world building is indeed excellent and a key basis that allows it to easily stay interesting. It's a fundamental that Oda just nails.

Kishimoto attempted to create his world, and laid some groundwork, but the befuddled mess it's turned into is just a skeleton of what it should be. What even lies beyond the borders of the nations shown to us? That map can't be it right? FMA told us what lie beyond Amestris, even though it didn't have the biggest direct impact on the story (for the most part). Within the borders what about all the villages/nations that we never saw, or ones that we saw thinly veiled.

Heck, what even else goes on in the world that doesn't involve Naruto and/or Sasuke for god sake!
    Last edited by Mickamott; October 30th, 2014 at 10:09 PM.

3DS: 1993-7490-6080 NNID: Mickamott PSN: Mickamott

Quote Originally Posted by Mickamott View Post
    Heck, what even else goes on in the world that doesn't involve Naruto and/or Sasuke for god sake!
    No idea, but they must have had a really strange day when Infinite Tsukiyomi happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Kishi was never going to off-screen Uchiha Madara. He was built up as a final villain for over 300 chapters. Can't say the same for Kaguya. So yeah, he got 2 pages goodbye.

The whole love cancer thing was used to explain the deeper mechanics of how an Uchiha gains a Sharingan after someone close to them dies. Yes, it can also be used as an excuse for why the Uchiha behave the way they do but then you have to look at a character like Uchiha Shisui who proves a Uchiha Clan member with a Sharingan doesn't = automatically hate filled person. Just because the Uchiha Clan is "cursed" doesn't mean they can all be redeemable. Kishi never went for that angle with Madara.

Sasuke might be the Uchiha version of Mitt Romney but his goals and motivations have changed as the story has progressed.

http://www.arlongpark.net/showthread...=1#post3317475

That is development. I'm not debating for the quality of the development but you can't say, "The Naruto Sasuke fight is just the extension of the exact same fight they had FIVE HUNDRED AND FIFTY CHAPTERS AGO (this is true), and neither of the two has changed an ounce in personality or motivation since then! (not so much) "

550 chapters ago they were fighting because Sasuke was trying to leave a village. 550 chapters later they're fighting for the fate of the world. In fact, Sasuke is fighting for exact opposite thing he was fighting for in Part 1. Before, he was fighting to leave the village and grow stronger to kill Itachi. Now, he fights in memory of Itachi and is trying to honor him by becoming what he believes to be a true Hokage.
    It's not legit development when he is literally flip-flopping for the sake of the plot . And there is a big difference between when a character really shows growth while also being consistent with the established characterization and when it is shoved down the audience throat and the latter is exactly what Kishi does . Sasuke wanting to become the hokage is the biggest example i can give as it comes out of nowhere and it no way in hell says anything about Sasuke's growth . It's basically forced for the sake of plot .

There is a lot more to character growth then simply "he changed so he's developed " .

Quote Originally Posted by Doffy. D Evil View Post
    It's not legit development when he is literally flip-flopping for the sake of the plot . And there is a big difference between when a character really shows growth while also being consistent with the established characterization and when it is shoved down the audience throat and the latter is exactly what Kishi does . Sasuke wanting to become the hokage is the biggest example i can give as it comes out of nowhere and it no way in hell says anything about Sasuke's growth . It's basically forced for the sake of plot .

There is a lot more to character growth then simply "he changed so he's developed " .
    Any change or development that happens in any story is for the sake of the plot. Whether that development is used to expand, enhance, or go into more detail about the plot. Sasuke has been lied to, manipulated, and led astray most his life so it's no surprise that when he uncovered more of the truth behind the Uchiha Massacre his views and goals would change. His flip-flopping was the direct result of no one revealing the truth of the matters until he was older and had, lol, killed Itachi already. His own sadistic brother set him up from the beginning because he wanted to protect him by turning him into a hate filled monster bent solely on revenge.

Hidden:
    You know, because he loved him.

Hidden:
    Is it any wonder he had to rethink a few things?

While Sasuke wanting to become Hokage was contrived his character growth is actually very much in line with the established characterization of the 'moody anti-Naruto' rival he was always set up to be. Just look at the kind of Hokage he wanted to become. He wanted to murder all the rest of the Kages, anyone else who would get in his way, and become the world's #1 enemy to create a peace between everyone else. Kinda the exact opposite approach Naruto was taking on to becoming Hokage. Sounds like a Sasuke version of Hokage to me, but with a significant development of character since before all he ever wanted from life was to kill Itachi and revive his clan. Now he wants to create a world peace through suffering everyone's hate.

Self-sacrifice, that is something he learned from Itachi who also made himself a most wanted enemy for what he thought was "the greater good". Sasuke didn't just merely change but what is your take on development anyway if it's not change in character? Anyway, he also learned and if he would've won the battle he would've successfully turned into the giant prick Itachi was except on a global scale.
    Everything's Eventual...

Full trailer

http://tvpot.daum.net/v/v7b7c7BB6Z3Y36oi0ii6or7

LOL at Kakashi's face on the Hokage mountain... Even there with mask xD

Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Any change or development that happens in any story is for the sake of the plot.
    BULLSHIT.

If you've got a disaster movie, or a super huge mega plot-twist the entire universe is built around, the story can guide the characters to a large degree with giant events. If the only thing the characters are doing is reacting to huge changes in the landscape, then yes, the plot is driving them.

But in pretty much any good story, the characters will drive it, no matter how epic the obstacle they need to deal with.

Plenty of stories take characters through twists, turns, loves, losses, and developments, some of completely out of their hands or unexpected (oh, Kefka blew up the world!) and it all seems natural and like a proper progression, and those big things will shape the plot yes, and what the characters do next.... but it shouldn't singlehandedly shape the characters.

Story elements get thrown at characters, and that's the plot. How they react and change to whatever random thing a story presents, is where the character comes in.

Tobidara threatens to destroy the world and Sasuke opts to team up with others to help stop him. Plot dictated twist, any character would be affected that way, including also Orochimaru.

Ultimate villain comes out of nowhere and after Sasuke has worked with his old friends, agreed ot be on the side of the angels, and sees that NAruto can do what he claims he do... he then decides for the fourth or fifth time to change sides again? That's not character development or growth or influenced by anything... other than the need to follow up on a final battle promise that had been in place for hundreds of chapters. (After all, his switch from teh darkness to goodguy was within a single page last time too. A single speech did the trick, not any sort of emotional journey or development.) SO it could be one more final fight.

I'm just going to cite Dragonball because everyone here knows it, even though I'm thinking of much better examples that I know no one has read or watched (I'm thinking Babylon 5, Shogun, West Wing, stuff like that.). I could write an entire essay on Vegeta and how you could see his incremental changes, how his constant humblings, death, losses, ego, family and desire to beat Goku worked at him, turned him evil again, then sacrificial, then willing to work with Goku, and so on... and they make sense.... but that's a long essay for elsewhere. Needless to say most of the big plot twists in later dragonball came because of Vegeta being himself... rather than adherance to the plot)

But for a very, VERY large chunk of Dragonball, Toriyama was writing towards the *plot point* of Gohan being uber strong, and someday surpassing his father. From almost the first chapter Gohan was introduced he was going to be stronger than all of them. He carried screen time and focus on Namek while Goku was out of the way for a long period, and during the Cell saga, Goku decisively handed over the reigns to him and Gohan became the strongest character. He was declared the defacto new lead of the series, the defender of the earth, the strongest by far.

Except. Gohan had never been a character that liked fighting. He wasn't built for it like the others were. And so, in the following arc, his training slipped, and he fell into third place. He had moments along the way where he manned up, did his job, and could have been the ultimate hero of it all... and driven sheerly by the plot, he should have been. ANd a lot of readers felt he earned that and should have. BUT. Toriyama felt Gohan just wasn't the ultimate hero type, and that Goku was. Debate however much you want on if it was the right move for the story or not... but Toriyama listened to the CHARACTERS. Gohan said he didn't want to be a hero, and Goku said he did.

So Toriyama wrote towards that instead. There was a plotted plan going on... but the characters spoke differently on what the outcome should be.

You have the president of the united states as a main character. And you want to explore what happens when he has a sick day. So you write the episode. But it has no punch or real point to it. And at the end of the episode, you reveal that he has MS. No plans or ideas or intentions of where that plot will go... but suddenly the characters said it was in their history, and it ran with it, shaping everything that comes after.

You try to assassinate a horrible emporer. You've got the embittered snarky old guard politician and his wide eyed innocent assistant. As the writer you fully plan for the old guy to pull off the assassination, but instead, the innocent ends up doing it... and suddenly that shapes him for years to come.

I'm a professional writer myself. I plot, scheme, plan events in advance. But sometimes, when you're doing it right, (and all great writers will say this) the characters speak for themselves. They go down paths you didn't expect, refuse to go down a plot point you've railroaded them into, and trying to write them that way feels wrong... and it often leads to more interesting paths than what had been planned, the characters are more organic that way, and you can see it in them.

Sasuke was plot railroaded the entire way. He was evil because the story demanded him and Naruto continue to be at odds... not because of any organic development, and his constant flip flopping was a sign of that. Hell, for a long while he was being written and described as if he had a literal evil demon inside of him controlling him, his darkness was so dark, complete with two page spread close up crazy eyes.

If Sasuke was going to react and change from what Itachi told him... that should have happened right after Itachi died. Not hundreds of chapters later after he continued to try and kill Naruto and Sakura and his teammates, then switched sides randomly in the course of ONE chapter, and then switched back again just a couple weeks ago so he could finish the fight he started in chapter 170.

Even IF he had proper and real development (and he didn't) if you look at the speech he gave in this latest chapter, its 95% about how Naruto made him feel... BEFORE THE TIME SKIP. Everything in the current fight was based entirely on that... how Naruto was someone he cared for, and felt envious of... the same stuff that motivated him before.

Nothing that was learned or came since! The only reason they had this fight is because they promised they would have a fight sequel 550 chapters ago, and the characters didn't grow or change enough for any possible other outcome. Even after working together again hours prior against a bunch of world ending threats and a bunch of revelations about the history of their world and genetic curses and all sorts of nonsense.

See also, Sakura continuing to be useless in a fight, AND lusting after Sasuke, AND cryign for Naruto to take care of him... even after he tried repeatedly to kill her. No growth or change from her either. Or Naruto learning or changing his mind based on experience either. He never went "Well okay, Sasuke really is a mad dog"... he's just been saying for 10 years "Sasuke is my friend based on things that happened off camera, and I'm gonna bring him back." No growth or change or new insights from anything that happened in the plot... just... the exact same characterization.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Even IF he had proper and real development (and he didn't) if you look at the speech he gave in this latest chapter, its 95% about how Naruto made him feel... BEFORE THE TIME SKIP. Everything in the current fight was based entirely on that... how Naruto was someone he cared for, and felt envious of... the same stuff that motivated him before.

Nothing that was learned or came since! The only reason they had this fight is because they promised they would have a fight sequel 550 chapters ago, and the characters didn't grow or change enough for any possible other outcome. Even after working together again hours prior against a bunch of world ending threats and a bunch of revelations about the history of their world and genetic curses and all sorts of nonsense.
    You know, Naruto definitely has a lot of problems, but I don't agree with this. Sasuke and Naruto never developed any more insight into each other during the course of the series, but they definitely came to view the ninja world in different ways. The dark lord Sasuke who eventually would want to save the world by taking on his own darkness development was finished with his last meeting with Kabuto, in my eyes, but it started with Itachi. I'm not saying it was well done, but that was at least a development.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Bartholemew Bear View Post
    Actually I started the discussion by stating my opinion of Naruto while talking about some other stuff. It was something about the correlation of good storytelling and commercial success IIRC and I brought in Naruto.

Just out of curiousity, who would you consider the final boss if you had to choose one person? Kaguya or Sasuke?
    I was thinking Kaguya, but the stuff Sasuke did to the tailed beasts after they've basically been officially made good guys makes it him.

Yo Robby, ever actually written an essay/assignment on a db character?

Lol, now that I think about it after reading your post, Vegeta would have been a great topic for an archetype assignment in high school.
    Hidden:

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    BULLSHIT.

If you've got a disaster movie, or a super huge mega plot-twist the entire universe is built around, the story can guide the characters to a large degree with giant events. If the only thing the characters are doing is reacting to huge changes in the landscape, then yes, the plot is driving them.

But in pretty much any good story, the characters will drive it, no matter how epic the obstacle they need to deal with.

Plenty of stories take characters through twists, turns, loves, losses, and developments, some of completely out of their hands or unexpected (oh, Kefka blew up the world!) and it all seems natural and like a proper progression, and those big things will shape the plot yes, and what the characters do next.... but it shouldn't singlehandedly shape the characters.

Story elements get thrown at characters, and that's the plot. How they react and change to whatever random thing a story presents, is where the character comes in.

Tobidara threatens to destroy the world and Sasuke opts to team up with others to help stop him. Plot dictated twist, any character would be affected that way, including also Orochimaru.

Ultimate villain comes out of nowhere and after Sasuke has worked with his old friends, agreed ot be on the side of the angels, and sees that NAruto can do what he claims he do... he then decides for the fourth or fifth time to change sides again? That's not character development or growth or influenced by anything... other than the need to follow up on a final battle promise that had been in place for hundreds of chapters. (After all, his switch from teh darkness to goodguy was within a single page last time too. A single speech did the trick, not any sort of emotional journey or development.) SO it could be one more final fight.

I'm just going to cite Dragonball because everyone here knows it, even though I'm thinking of much better examples that I know no one has read or watched (I'm thinking Babylon 5, Shogun, West Wing, stuff like that.). I could write an entire essay on Vegeta and how you could see his incremental changes, how his constant humblings, death, losses, ego, family and desire to beat Goku worked at him, turned him evil again, then sacrificial, then willing to work with Goku, and so on... and they make sense.... but that's a long essay for elsewhere. Needless to say most of the big plot twists in later dragonball came because of Vegeta being himself... rather than adherance to the plot)

But for a very, VERY large chunk of Dragonball, Toriyama was writing towards the *plot point* of Gohan being uber strong, and someday surpassing his father. From almost the first chapter Gohan was introduced he was going to be stronger than all of them. He carried screen time and focus on Namek while Goku was out of the way for a long period, and during the Cell saga, Goku decisively handed over the reigns to him and Gohan became the strongest character. He was declared the defacto new lead of the series, the defender of the earth, the strongest by far.

Except. Gohan had never been a character that liked fighting. He wasn't built for it like the others were. And so, in the following arc, his training slipped, and he fell into third place. He had moments along the way where he manned up, did his job, and could have been the ultimate hero of it all... and driven sheerly by the plot, he should have been. ANd a lot of readers felt he earned that and should have. BUT. Toriyama felt Gohan just wasn't the ultimate hero type, and that Goku was. Debate however much you want on if it was the right move for the story or not... but Toriyama listened to the CHARACTERS. Gohan said he didn't want to be a hero, and Goku said he did.

So Toriyama wrote towards that instead. There was a plotted plan going on... but the characters spoke differently on what the outcome should be.

You have the president of the united states as a main character. And you want to explore what happens when he has a sick day. So you write the episode. But it has no punch or real point to it. And at the end of the episode, you reveal that he has MS. No plans or ideas or intentions of where that plot will go... but suddenly the characters said it was in their history, and it ran with it, shaping everything that comes after.

You try to assassinate a horrible emporer. You've got the embittered snarky old guard politician and his wide eyed innocent assistant. As the writer you fully plan for the old guy to pull off the assassination, but instead, the innocent ends up doing it... and suddenly that shapes him for years to come.

I'm a professional writer myself. I plot, scheme, plan events in advance. But sometimes, when you're doing it right, (and all great writers will say this) the characters speak for themselves. They go down paths you didn't expect, refuse to go down a plot point you've railroaded them into, and trying to write them that way feels wrong... and it often leads to more interesting paths than what had been planned, the characters are more organic that way, and you can see it in them.

Sasuke was plot railroaded the entire way. He was evil because the story demanded him and Naruto continue to be at odds... not because of any organic development, and his constant flip flopping was a sign of that. Hell, for a long while he was being written and described as if he had a literal evil demon inside of him controlling him, his darkness was so dark, complete with two page spread close up crazy eyes.

If Sasuke was going to react and change from what Itachi told him... that should have happened right after Itachi died. Not hundreds of chapters later after he continued to try and kill Naruto and Sakura and his teammates, then switched sides randomly in the course of ONE chapter, and then switched back again just a couple weeks ago so he could finish the fight he started in chapter 170.

See also, Sakura continuing to be useless in a fight, AND lusting after Sasuke, AND cryign for Naruto to take care of him... even after he tried repeatedly to kill her. No growth or change from her either. Or Naruto learning or changing his mind based on experience either. He never went "Well okay, Sasuke really is a mad dog"... he's just been saying for 10 years "Sasuke is my friend based on things that happened off camera, and I'm gonna bring him back." No growth or change or new insights from anything that happened in the plot... just... the exact same characterization.
    this, not including the countless inconsistencies that can be found in this manga, but this is probably the biggest one.
    How do i write my own signature? aaah who cares.

Psst spoiler tags when quoting long posts are your friend.
    Hidden:

i just found the end of naruto (for naruto & Sasuke Fan pairing ONLY)

Spoiler:

Hmm. Sasuke's development throughout the entire series consisted of more downs than ups. The fact that he always had inner conflict inside of himself, proves that tragedy can warp anyone's mind. Every time Sasuke learned something new about his clans murder, it would send him in even more turmoil. When something like that happens, he would conclude much drastic measures were to be taken, falling much deeper before. During the war, Sasuke finally got to talk with Itachi on why he killed his clan and bear the title of criminal. What makes this significant? It's because even though he was ready to destroy the very thing his brother protected; he actually opted to listen to someone else. I find that rather surprising, since he was ready to kill or slaughter an entire village. He then listened to Hashirama, to get his take on the matter of the Uchiha, yet again, he listened to someone elses story. He concluded that it wasn't the villages themselves, causing suffering, it was the choices the kage had made. He decided to kill the kage, and bear the very darkness his brother once had. He was, in my opinion, confused character. The only development he received was a repeated regressive pace. Naruto in particular was the only one trying to understand and had opposite views than Sasuke. This was ultimately for the plot for Naruto to try and stop Sasuke, making him realize that he was naive. Yeah, Kishi probably could have wrote it out better, but he chose to do it this way. The fact that Sasuke finally humbled himself at the end, was meaningful. So my take on development is simply consisted of how a writer changes the characters and plot to fit together, no matter how little the change.
    Here’s how Naruto should end: Last panel is Naruto standing proudly over Konohagakure. Slowly zoom out to reveal Luffy staring into a snowglobe with a miniature Konoha inside it. Usopp asks him what he’s doing. Luffy replies “Thinkin’ bout ninjas! Ninjas are cool!” and then chucks it off the ship

Quote Originally Posted by Mickamott View Post
    One Piece's world building is indeed excellent and a key basis that allows it to easily stay interesting. It's a fundamental that Oda just nails.

Kishimoto attempted to create his world, and laid some groundwork, but the befuddled mess it's turned into is just a skeleton of what it should be. What even lies beyond the borders of the nations shown to us? That map can't be it right? FMA told us what lie beyond Amestris, even though it didn't have the biggest direct impact on the story (for the most part). Within the borders what about all the villages/nations that we never saw, or ones that we saw thinly veiled.

That was what became my biggest problem after the whole training arc/Sasuke ends up betraying Naruto/Konoha. Till then we mostly had seen inner problems, inner fighting and Ninjas doing jobs for others. They were a "part of the world", an important part given what we got told, a part that interacts with normal people and with leaders of nations and who fights in wars as mercenaries and such.
    But then Ninjas became EVERYTHING. It felt like the "world" didn't mattered anymore. I can't even remember the name of the NATION Konoha was located in. We know that Konoha is not the nation itself, "just" a part of it, yet over time it didn't mattered anymore. All the other people who were not Ninjas, the leaders and armies of the nations who wages war against each other or peace with each other, all of that did not mattered at all.

Actually I can't remember a SINGLE nation name, just the Ninja villages ones. For a job that requires to take missions from outside to earn money/get higher ranks in the village, the outsie world sure mattered little. I don't even remember if it was talked about if the leaders of the nations were kings or shoguns or whatever. Or if they would appreciate that the Ninjas pretty often destroyed entire landscapes in their übermensch fights.
    Like that one castle which got destroyed to dust. Wouldn't any leader who's family had once build that old castle in the past and which was part of his nation#s history at least write a letter to the Hokage saying "WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU? DON'T FIGHT IN MY CASTLE/CITY!!!"? XD

Till a certain point Ninjas and thus Naruto and Sasuke as well felt like "a part of the world", later they "became the world", everything was centered around them and their destinied fight and such, the world itself didn't mattered anymore. After some point "law/rule of cool" mattered more than world-building and I find you could feel that pretty heavily. Same happened with Bleach, albeit earlier than Naruto, and while rule of cool also applies to One Piece, the world does not focus around Luffy and his friends. They are still a part of it, fighting their own battles and chasing their own dreams, while other organisations or pirate bands do the same for their own goals. Luffy and co are not yet THE most important and strongest pirate band ever in history, that goes to other pirate bands and the world goverment and the Marines are also not weaklings you can take on lightly. In Naruto that all didn't mattered and some point and it all came down to Naruto vs Sasuke to save the world...oh and Kaguya against Naruto and Sasuke fought against together cause reasons and stuff before they remembered they still had a promise going to beat each other ass up.^^;

I would like to use "Lord of the Rings" as example where a main character can be important without turnign the world into a silent background that gets destroyed by some Ninja technique.
    Frodo is a very important main character, he is the bearer of the ring and got the mission to destroy it to end the evil lord Sauron and prevent him from conquering Middleearth with his orcs and uruk-hais. Law of cool would say that we have to focus on Frodo every second and see him traina nd change over his journey and see how he ends entire orc armies using the ring's power while at the same time struggle to not give in to said ring's power and become evil himself (that actually would have been darn cool to watch, an hobbit that kills thousands of orcs with one hit due shockwave XD).
    However Frodo plays only a part in this story. He is no imba fighter, he is somebody who needs to be protected and who on his journey decides that he is more in danger of his protectors and also gets them too much in danger that he wants to travel alone (which ofc didn't happen thanks to Sam). We see the world of Lord of the Rings. We see Saruman builing his own army, we see Rohan trying to defend themselves against them, we see Gondor being at the edge of destruction, we see Boromir fall to the ring's allure and die trying to protect Frodo's friends, we see Aragorn raising from a Ranger to a King, we see Gandalf fall and come back as Gandalf the white, we see Legolas and Gimli become best buddies ever despite their racial differences, and we even see how Frodo's friends have their own story with the Enths ending Saruman's breeding and blackmsith grounds.
    In Naruto the others didn't meant much, we didn't saw that much of them to mean anything meaningful or important besides our two Main heroe/Main anti hero Naruto an Sasuke. Heck even after they had FINISHED their fight and SLEPT FOR AN ENTIRE DAY, neither Sakura nor Kakashi who had been BOTH AWAKE the whole time bothered to SEARCH for them and see who won despite having that much time. And it was not like they were deadly injured or something, it was just that they weren't important enough to interrupt Sasuke and Naruto's talk to each other to treat them (or to stab Sasuke in the chest while he and Naruto are both unconscious) because Naruto and Sasuke mattered far more than Sakura's or Kakashi's desires to help Naruto/save Sasuke. And I think you all agree that it does feel "unreal" that both Sakura and Kakashi would sit there and listen to the epic battle sounds going on and then when it is silent for an entire day they would still sit there, lick their wounds and maybe ask
    "you think we should go check on them? I haven't heard epic explosions for a couple hours now."
    "Nah, they are probably talking with each other, we shouldn't interrupt them. That's unpolite."
    "Riiiight, "talking"~"
    "Why did you make those airquotes around "talking"?"

You could even go and say the whole world and what the whole world did, mattered less than a talk between two teenager boys.....Law of cool~

yes.

Read this. From Databook 4

Same book also says that the Ôtsutsuki clan did come from another world indeed. And that, after the Ten Tails' defeat, Hamura and the rest of the Ôtsutsuki clan left for the Moon in order to guard the Gedô Mazô.
    This means the guy from the movie is connected to Hamura.

But what bothers me now... How are there still the Hyuugas?

And further more... If they were there to guard the moon why haven't they go as soon as possible to the earth after Madara summoned it down to earth?

Closed Thread

Thread Information