Closed Thread
Page 252 of 500 FirstFirst ... 152 202 242 250 251 252 253 254 262 302 352 ... LastLast
Results 5,021 to 5,040 of 10000

Thread: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

Default Re: Naruto Thread XI: One week more

Quote Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
    I can see Kubo trying to reach 700 chapters as well, but I am not so sure if he will really be able to reach them. But Bleach is another story.
    Whoah there, 100 more chapters of Bleach? As in roughly two more years? Say it ain't so. I'm guessing half that at about 650, ending within a year from now. Simply because a prior announced/planned "Final Arc" shouldn't last 4+ years.

But then again you're right, Bleach is another story.
    Last edited by Mickamott; October 29th, 2014 at 09:25 PM.

3DS: 1993-7490-6080 NNID: Mickamott PSN: Mickamott

So uh, no kissing ?

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

I'm surprised at the amount of love this place still has for the supporting cast, especially since it's based entirely on nostalgia or Spring Time and so hasn't really been relevant for several hundred chapters or like 6+ years in the actual manga. As someone who didn't read Spring Time I really don't care that Choji or Ten Ten or Shino never got there development arcs or whatever because they've basically not existed for so long they don't even matter. They're barely characters at this point. Just filler delaying the ending of the manga.

That being said even the main characters don't make any sense. So we're actually going to get our Sasuke redeemed story. He's probably going to be joint Hokage or something. I hope they both die. That would at least surprise me.

Default Re: Naruto Thread XI: It's the final countdown! Frenchiboos.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigivel View Post
    And of course WHAT THE HELL HAVE KAKASHI AND SAKURA BEEN DOING?
    Nothing. Do you think Kishi would actually give Sakura something to do? Kishi would rather die let his son, Sasuke, die than be healed by a filthy, useless woman. He's the #1 most misogynistic writer in Jump.

As for Kakashi, he's gne to play with Obito and Rin in whatever semi-dead zone they're in.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    Naw, attempts to recreate the what occurred around 3-5 years ago would just feel hallow. Very little has gone on lately that would indicate the magic could be done again and not feel artificial.
    We could come up with a new song... come on guys... this is literally the only reason I didn't drop Naruto...

Quote Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
    I'm surprised at the amount of love this place still has for the supporting cast, especially since it's based entirely on nostalgia or Spring Time and so hasn't really been relevant for several hundred chapters or like 6+ years in the actual manga. As someone who didn't read Spring Time I really don't care that Choji or Ten Ten or Shino never got there development arcs or whatever because they've basically not existed for so long they don't even matter. They're barely characters at this point. Just filler delaying the ending of the manga.

That being said even the main characters don't make any sense. So we're actually going to get our Sasuke redeemed story. He's probably going to be joint Hokage or something. I hope they both die. That would at least surprise me.
    The love we have for the side characters stems from the untapped potential they showed in Part 1 where they were shown as young and talented budding ninja ready to grow into young adults with their own ideas, dreams, relationships and goals to become powerful assets for the village or their clans. They could've played an important role in furthering the reputation and prestige of Konoha and taken some of the spotlight off of Naruto and Sasuke with their own side missions with the added bonus of their very own character development. They never lost that potential. They just lost the author's attention.

Kishi didn't appreciate his side characters but that doesn't mean we lost that appreciation.
    Everything's Eventual...

I don't know if this has been reported here yet, but there's gonna be a Chapter 700 in full colour (so two chapters next week): http://www.saiyanisland.com/2014/10/...ially-colored/

Also some art for the villain in the movie: http://www.saiyanisland.com/2014/10/...ew-scenes-art/

did a 7 year old write this chapter

DAWWGHHHH!!! I WAS ALONE!!!! THENZ I FOUNDZZ U!! AND U WERE ALL ALONE!!! WE WERE ALL ALONES TOGETHER!!! AND THAT MADE ME FEEL ALONE!!!!

Member of Beelzebub is Freakin' Awesome Group
    what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

Quote Originally Posted by choperman View Post
    did a 7 year old write this chapter

DAWWGHHHH!!! I WAS ALONE!!!! THENZ I FOUNDZZ U!! AND U WERE ALL ALONE!!! WE WERE ALL ALONES TOGETHER!!! AND THAT MADE ME FEEL ALONE!!!!
    Oooohhhh~ SOMEONE NEEDS A HUG!!!

Quote Originally Posted by valiantt View Post
    oooohhhh~ someone needs a hug!!!
    ALL I EVER WANTED WUZ A FWIEND!!! WILL U BE MY FWIEND!!!!!!!

what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

As someone who didn't read Spring Time
    That's your loss .

Go read it. Now.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    The love we have for the side characters stems from the untapped potential they showed in Part 1 where they were shown as young and talented budding ninja ready to grow into young adults with their own ideas, dreams, relationships and goals to become powerful assets for the village or their clans. They could've played an important role in furthering the reputation and prestige of Konoha and taken some of the spotlight off of Naruto and Sasuke with their own side missions with the added bonus of their very own character development. They never lost that potential. They just lost the author's attention.

Kishi didn't appreciate his side characters but that doesn't mean we lost that appreciation.
    ehhhh they weren't all that fleshed out in Part 1 though. Neji yes. Rock Lee, yes. Hinata maybe. Shikimaru not rly. Ino, not sure if you can call female jealousy over a boy they know nothing about a personality. Then there's the rest.

Most of their problems were kind of like HS drama that they should have and obviously did grow out of by the start of Part 2 but it's not like all or even most of them were deep compelling characters. I just don't see at what point you all came to appreciate them all so much when they were really just background characters having side fights against forgettable villains. Neji and Rock Lee I can understand. Hinata gets some attention only because she's been so infatuated with Naruto you think he would respond to it by now. Shikimaru had a cool fight in part 2 but not really an arc, by then he was already the best ninja of his class, his fight just showed why.

Kiba. Choji. Shino etc. None of them were set up as talented or interesting characters. It would have been nice to see what they learned but as far as their characters go, completely forgettable.

Quote Originally Posted by choperman View Post
    all i ever wanted wuz a fwiend!!! Will u be my fwiend!!!!!!!
    Only after we have a big super battle for no particular raisin!

Quote Originally Posted by valiantt View Post
    Only after we have a big super battle for no particular raisin!
    and blow each others hands off while both using our signature techniques against each other, even though we know that never ends up working!!! OH MY GOD it's like were twins!!

Oh, no more ghost pages...
    EDIT: Spoke too soon...
    Last edited by EA575; October 30th, 2014 at 01:00 AM.

Discovered Stowaway El-Matematico's Avatar

When I first read the chapter in mangapanda (with their crappy quality), I thought Naruto and Sasuke's arms got fused in a mess of burnt tissues and coagulated blood, and Naruto made the comment about Sasuke moving because if he did, both would die from loss of blood.
    Wash your hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickamott View Post
    Whoah there, 100 more chapters of Bleach? As in roughly two more years? Say it ain't so. I'm guessing half that at about 650, ending within a year from now. Simply because a prior announced/planned "Final Arc" shouldn't last 4+ years.

But then again you're right, Bleach is another story.
    Didn't Naruto's "final arc" also lasted way longer than anybody had expected it? :P
    I meant Kubo will most likely want to reach 700 chapters to show that his manga is in the very same league like Naruto. I doubt he will get there though, at least not with the quality he has delievered so far in his final arc. Somewhere half-way during those 100 chapters he has planned, Jump will say "dude, we need to talk" and then Bleach will end around 650 chapters. At least I hope it does, another 2 years with going two steps forward and then two steps backwards in progress every couple chapters....horrible image...

"Given that the original work (manga) and the new movie are connected as much as possible, I would appreciate if you'll go to see the movie after you have finished to read the manga. (It's OK even you haven't read it! AHAHA). This movie is, putting it straight, about love! I never have a movie about it, so please enjoy Naruto.
    Author: Kishimoto Masashi"
    Awesome... Kishi is a smart business man... He knows that the paring wankers will open their wallet to see this shit... That's why he won't show it in the manga.

Next movie will be about Kakashi and his true face... After it TenTen and the Rikudou tools... and so on

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

I'm really sorry... Big pics under the spoiler... From the latest trailer... And one thing I like. My Naruto man Kakashi is the fucking.. look yourself

Spoiler:

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Last edited by Kishido; October 30th, 2014 at 05:19 AM.

ehhhh they weren't all that fleshed out in Part 1 though. Neji yes. Rock Lee, yes. Hinata maybe. Shikimaru not rly. Ino, not sure if you can call female jealousy over a boy they know nothing about a personality. Then there's the rest.

Most of their problems were kind of like HS drama that they should have and obviously did grow out of by the start of Part 2 but it's not like all or even most of them were deep compelling characters. I just don't see at what point you all came to appreciate them all so much when they were really just background characters having side fights against forgettable villains. Neji and Rock Lee I can understand. Hinata gets some attention only because she's been so infatuated with Naruto you think he would respond to it by now. Shikimaru had a cool fight in part 2 but not really an arc, by then he was already the best ninja of his class, his fight just showed why.

Kiba. Choji. Shino etc. None of them were set up as talented or interesting characters. It would have been nice to see what they learned but as far as their characters go, completely forgettable.
    That's why we expected Part 2 to flesh them out and Shino and Chouji showed great potential in the Sasuke Retrieval arc

The lot of them are wasted opportunities.
    Everything's Eventual...

So adult Sasuke becomes Byakuya. Seems about right.

Quote Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
    Didn't Naruto's "final arc" also lasted way longer than anybody had expected it? :P
    I meant Kubo will most likely want to reach 700 chapters to show that his manga is in the very same league like Naruto. I doubt he will get there though, at least not with the quality he has delievered so far in his final arc. Somewhere half-way during those 100 chapters he has planned, Jump will say "dude, we need to talk" and then Bleach will end around 650 chapters. At least I hope it does, another 2 years with going two steps forward and then two steps backwards in progress every couple chapters....horrible image...
    I meant because Bleach's final arc was actually announced as its final arc back in Feb 2012, whereas in Naruto people weren't too sure when it was gonna end considering possibilities of drawing out the manga past the war. One would think a pre-planned final blowout would last under four years, but let's not discuss Bleach further here.

3DS: 1993-7490-6080 NNID: Mickamott PSN: Mickamott

Closed Thread

Thread Information