Closed Thread
Page 247 of 500 FirstFirst ... 147 197 237 245 246 247 248 249 257 297 347 ... LastLast
Results 4,921 to 4,940 of 10000

Thread: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

Default Re: Naruto Thread XI: It's the final countdown! Frenchiboos.

You would think a Naruto thread would be spent discussing the chapter. Instead, it's a bunch of Naruto haters coming weekly to bash the series.

I seriously have no idea why you guys continue to read it if it pains you so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkestsith6 View Post
    You would think a Naruto thread would be spent discussing the chapter. Instead, it's a bunch of Naruto haters coming weekly to bash the series.

I seriously have no idea why you guys continue to read it if it pains you so much.
    Nostalgic reasons. You have started and will read it till the end.

And for me personally it isn't hate but the dissapointment what happened to the manga in part 2

Quote Originally Posted by Kishido View Post
    The movie won't be the true ending. Stated in the pages before. We will have a 2 chapters next week. 1 wil be shit and one who will cover the ending. The movie is stated to fill the blanket time between this.
    I know, but to get the full understanding of what's going on you still need the perspective of the movie.

So basically "TO SEE THE FULL CONCLUSION, PLEASE SEE THE MOVIE AND PAY UP!"

Quote Originally Posted by valiantt View Post
    Just because he completed the theme in a full circle, doesn't mean that he did a good job either. That's like telling an athlete "Yeah! Great job, you ran a mile in 45 minutes!"

The moment him and his lover held hands. At least that's what I got out of the scene. He didn't get a "Madara was a cool guy" line but...yeah, I think Kishi pretty much communicated the idea fairly well. Romance. Isn't it lovely?

The sheer fact that Obito got redeemed, pretty much means that anyone could be redeemed in Naruto.
    At least he gets to complete it, unlike a lot of other series that are forced to close too early. Whether it makes it good or not, doesn't matter at this point. The only thing to apparently left to do is apparently complain about how bad the series is when everyone here is still reading it. They're either reading to finish it, to bash it, complain about it, or they actually liked it. Yet, the ones who hate it(because of different reasons) still read it. Why do they read it, if it was so bad since long ago?
    Here’s how Naruto should end: Last panel is Naruto standing proudly over Konohagakure. Slowly zoom out to reveal Luffy staring into a snowglobe with a miniature Konoha inside it. Usopp asks him what he’s doing. Luffy replies “Thinkin’ bout ninjas! Ninjas are cool!” and then chucks it off the ship

Quote Originally Posted by Basslion View Post
    The only good thing i can think of Kishimoto is that if his manga(s) were about Rock Lee.
    There, that would have fixed the serie.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmamentHero View Post
    At least he gets to complete it, unlike a lot of other series that are forced to close too early. Whether it makes it good or not, doesn't matter at this point. The only thing to apparently left to do is apparently complain about how bad the series is when everyone here is still reading it. They're either reading to finish it, to bash it, complain about it, or they actually liked it. Yet, the ones who hate it(because of different reasons) still read it. Why do they read it, if it was so bad since long ago?
    Because of the expectation for ages that "we're at the final arc" which ended up becoming >25% of the story as well as the commitment after putting a good deal of chapters in after seeing if Kishimoto can keep to the commitments and promises he made early on in the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Hermit View Post
    Because of the expectation for ages that "we're at the final arc" which ended up becoming >25% of the story as well as the commitment after putting a good deal of chapters in after seeing if Kishimoto can keep to the commitments and promises he made early on in the story.
    It should've been obvious at some point way before the war, whether or not he was going to keep his word.
    Here’s how Naruto should end: Last panel is Naruto standing proudly over Konohagakure. Slowly zoom out to reveal Luffy staring into a snowglobe with a miniature Konoha inside it. Usopp asks him what he’s doing. Luffy replies “Thinkin’ bout ninjas! Ninjas are cool!” and then chucks it off the ship

-Here's one theme that he will PROBABLY never be able to bring to a full circle: the underdog.
    Yeaaah...that boat sailed a long time ago...and blew up in the middle of the ocean...and sank...and was eaten by a giant squid.

-A fair number folks still continue to read Naruto for nostalgia reasons regardless of whether it is good or bad (which it is clearly the latter). I also want to see how this damn thing ends (and counting how many plot holes and goofy oddities will manifest in result of the ending).

There, that would have fixed the serie.
    Welp Rock Lee's awesomeness was an essential part of the first few arcs. I can't remember though the last time he was relevant to the story.

-Here's one theme that he will PROBABLY never be able to bring to a full circle: the underdog.
    Yeaaah...that boat sailed a long time ago...and blew up in the middle of the ocean...and sank...and was eaten by a giant squid.

-A fair number folks still continue to read Naruto for nostalgia reasons regardless of whether it is good or bad (which it is clearly the latter). I also want to see how this damn thing ends (and counting how many plot holes and goofy oddities will manifest in result of the ending).
    So it's curiosity? At least you're honest about it.

Madara didn't to be redeemed at all, because he was already pathetic. he was hyped as the villain yet he failed at doing everything he wanted:
    Lead the uchiha and make them the strongest clan. FAIL.
    Take care of his last brother. FAIL.
    Defeat hashirima and avenge his brother. FAIL.
    Repel against konha and destroy it. FAIL.
    Have obito resurrect him with the rinngan. FAIL.
    and just when we were about to see him succeed when he finaly had control of the ten tails all what we got was Kaguya. the biggest FAIL.
    I already had sympathy for him when he was laying down silently Kishi, you didn't need to have him talk or do anything.

So it's curiosity? At least you're honest about it.
    Also including the fact that I followed it since the beginning, found it to be legitimately GOOD, and then became depressed when it progressively turned bad, and now find it absolutely hilarious how such a promising serie turned into some sort of a self aware parody with a spin off that's more faithful to its essence than the original serie.

Like a lot of folks mentioned before, Shaman King. Naruto is fairly satisfactory in comparison to Shaman King. But that doesn't mean much.
    I've seen people talk about it, haven't "experienced" it myself. Yeah, it's a contender, but seriously, "Chakra Hungry Evil Moon Rabbit Lady That Appeared 10 Chapters Before the End of the Manga and her Talking Sleeve (tm)" is the (not really) final boss of a manga about ninjas.

Dead mom coming back from the grave to slap some sense into an evil overlord doesn't sound THAT worse than this, honestly. As bad, maybe.

Oh... uh...

uhmm.... howabout the incredible power creep that happened during the war...?
    I. . .probably need some help here. I don't think I'm following what you're refering to? (Sorry. . .)

Quote Originally Posted by Ouroboros View Post
    The Uchiha clan. Every. Single. One.
    Every time Kishi tried to write something Uchiha related he failed big time (epitome of it being "love cancer"), but. . .I just can't stop stressing the astral idiocy of Kaguya. I could repeat it all day long. Seriously, think about it. At least the Uchiha are a ninja clan we knew about since chapter 4 or 5, and there's been some build-up to them, but. . .Kaguya. Just, Kaguya. Moon Rabbit. Wants to eat chakra. Final Boss. Really. Fuck all and any conflict in this manga, fuck any tension between countries, between ninja clans, between different ideologies, the need for War in a world compromised mostly of ninjas vs. trying to achieve absolute world peace. . .fuck all that, the final secret villain could only be an evil rabbit lady from the moon that wants to eat chakra.

You need to repeat that to yourself a couple of times every day just so you can admire the sheer absurdity of it all. It's baffling.

Quote Originally Posted by superv View Post
    Madara didn't to be redeemed at all, because he was already pathetic. he was hyped as the villain yet he failed at doing everything he wanted:
    Lead the uchiha and make them the strongest clan. FAIL.
    Take care of his last brother. FAIL.
    Defeat hashirima and avenge his brother. FAIL.
    Repel against konha and destroy it. FAIL.
    Have obito resurrect him with the rinngan. FAIL.
    and just when we were about to see him succeed when he finaly had control of the ten tails all what we got was Kaguya. the biggest FAIL.
    I already had sympathy for him when he was laying down silently Kishi, you didn't need to have him talk or do anything.
    You missed out on his greatest achievement: he managed to fart out a whimsical ninja genie.

It should've been obvious at some point way before the war, whether or not he was going to keep his word.
    Again, time investment for something we already *had* expectations of and we *do* want to see the ending of. Yes, it was clear that he wasn't going to keep up what he promised us at the beginning, but the war was already looking like it *should* be the end of the series.

Which is true, but not in the way as was intended

not like Fairy Tail which has zero ending in sight and hasn't had that investment in

Just because he completed the theme in a full circle, doesn't mean that he did a good job either. That's like telling an athlete "Yeah! Great job, you ran a mile in 45 minutes!"

The moment him and his lover held hands. At least that's what I got out of the scene. He didn't get a "Madara was a cool guy" line but...yeah, I think Kishi pretty much communicated the idea fairly well. Romance. Isn't it lovely?

The sheer fact that Obito got redeemed, pretty much means that anyone could be redeemed in Naruto.
    Besides the fact that they (Hashirama and Madara) never held hands, the reason why Obito was so horribly redeemed is because his younger self "resembled" Naruto in so many ways and Kishi wants us to continuously sympathize with Naruto and his determined innocence while showing us that sometimes people can lose their way but the ever unfailing Naruto can set them right again. If you can recall the exact same circumstances set up the same weak attempt of redemption for Nagato because he too was very much like Naruto in the past. Although Nagato was never forgiven Kishi did try to build up sympathy for his character by having him laughably revive everyone he just killed in the village because of a book title.

Obito (who was very much like Naruto) sacrificed his life to help Team 7 defeat Kaguya.
    Nagato (who was very much like Naruto) revived everyone he killed with the exception of Jiraiya.
    Itachi (who is now being shown compared to Naruto) supposedly prevented a war between the clans by massacring people.

Madara did nothing to be redeemed and that's why he and pre-timeskip Orochimaru are some of the more appreciated villains in the series because they're just...bad.
    Everything's Eventual...

Also including the fact that I followed it since the beginning, found it to be legitimately GOOD, and then became depressed when it progressively turned bad, and now find it absolutely hilarious how such a promising serie turned into some sort of a self aware parody with a spin off that's more faithful to its essence than the original serie.
    If I honestly had to pick, I'd say part 1 was great and consistent. Part 2 was good(except for Kaguya and the eye fetish), it could've been better if it had a balance between character managemant, plot consistency, and yeah, the essence part just hit me hard. It still had parts that were good, non the less, I guess I just can't say it's great, nor is it terrible. I suppose, I'm too soft and open minded on a lot of aspects.

I know, but to get the full understanding of what's going on you still need the perspective of the movie.

So basically "TO SEE THE FULL CONCLUSION, PLEASE SEE THE MOVIE AND PAY UP!"
    True that... Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Ouroboros View Post
    You mean shroomsday right? He's kinda fallen behind schedule, since the 697 parody hasn't been released yet.
    Thanks. Hope he can make some parodies of the recent chapters soon. They're pretty good.^^

I do too, you know. At least you're fair about it :P

Closed Thread

Thread Information