Closed Thread
Page 244 of 500 FirstFirst ... 144 194 234 242 243 244 245 246 254 294 344 ... LastLast
Results 4,861 to 4,880 of 10000

Thread: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

Default Re: Naruto Thread XI: It's the final countdown! Frenchiboos.

Oh so, the finale is next week.....

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    Overall the story was really really bad actually because part 2 is literally 75% of this manga and the 'war' was a full 25%.
    In the end, there's still a large fanbase that likes the current and ending route of Naruto. I'm assuming you consider part 1 the ending?
    Here’s how Naruto should end: Last panel is Naruto standing proudly over Konohagakure. Slowly zoom out to reveal Luffy staring into a snowglobe with a miniature Konoha inside it. Usopp asks him what he’s doing. Luffy replies “Thinkin’ bout ninjas! Ninjas are cool!” and then chucks it off the ship

Quote Originally Posted by ArmamentHero View Post
    In the end, there's still a large fanbase that likes the current and ending route of Naruto. I'm assuming you consider part 1 the ending?
    That doesn't make it good. That just means there's a whole lot of folks that either turn a blind eye to what happened in part 1 or just plain forgot about it. Yeah it should have ended in part 1 where the comic's good attributes outweighed its shortcomings, but part 2 happened where all the crap started gradually weighing it down and Kishi started going back and retconning things and...yeah.

Pretty much the final war just took all the worst elements of the Naruto franchise and magnified them which is not good because the final war makes up 25% of the entire serie.

Wait, they're not going to kiss? Oh come on! Omitting the best part again, are we, Kishi?

Quote Originally Posted by valiantt View Post
    That doesn't make it good. That just means there's a whole lot of folks that either turn a blind eye to what happened in part 1 or just plain forgot about it. Yeah it should have ended in part 1 where the comic's good attributes outweighed its shortcomings, but part 2 happened where all the crap started gradually weighing it down and Kishi started going back and retconning things and...yeah.

Pretty much the final war just took all the worst elements of the Naruto franchise and magnified them which is not good because the final war makes up 25% of the entire serie.
    I meant that is still a rather large fanbase that liked the way the story panned. Ones that thought it was good, all it comes down to is personal opinions on the matter.
    Here’s how Naruto should end: Last panel is Naruto standing proudly over Konohagakure. Slowly zoom out to reveal Luffy staring into a snowglobe with a miniature Konoha inside it. Usopp asks him what he’s doing. Luffy replies “Thinkin’ bout ninjas! Ninjas are cool!” and then chucks it off the ship

Nothing is good or bad it all depends on your opinion, no need for debate or critical thinking :)

You can argue that it comes down to opinion all you want and it will be no less valid, but Kishimoto's made some downright baffling decisions by any measure.

Like how the culmination of a series about stealthy mercenaries is a giant all out self-motivated war.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

We should remember the best and worst moments of Naruto next week. The best moments are the times we made fun of the worst moments.

Seriously though, this manga went from great underdog story to great steaming pile of destined crap for most people. For me it's just borderline "ok" and I'm thankful it hasn't gotten to the point where I have no regard for it whatsoever and just read it to see what ridiculousness comes up next (Bleach). Of course Naruto couldn't be the underdog forever but the way Kishi treated his side characters to shine all the spotlight on Naruto and Sasuke as 2 children of destiny will never sit right with me.
    Everything's Eventual...

Opinion is that shit you fall back on when you want to ignore the objectively bad choices.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmamentHero View Post
    I meant that is still a rather large fanbase that liked the way the story panned. Ones that thought it was good, all it comes down to is personal opinions on the matter.
    Not to bash on you or anything, but I never liked this rationale for "liking something" and it seems like a common response to liking Naruto at this point. It's like "yeah, I prefer my ice cream sundae to be covered in dog droppings rather than sprinkles. Why? I dunno, I just like it better that way." It really doesn't offer much to why it's good by simply stating "I like it so it's good".

Actually, I can sum up a majority of Kishi's short comings in one word: Kaguya.

She is pretty much a metaphor of why this series is legitimately bad.
    Last edited by valiantt; October 29th, 2014 at 08:38 AM.

Not to bash on you or anything, but I never liked this rationale for "liking something" and it seems like a common response to liking Naruto at this point. It's like "yeah, I prefer my ice cream sundae to be covered in dog droppings rather than sprinkles. Why? I dunno, I just like it better that way." It really doesn't offer much to why it's good by simply stating "I like it so it's good".
    I've read the Naruto since 2004, at the time, it was great, I shared a lot of good opinions/thoughts about it. After part 1, it did shave away from what I was hoping, but I still liked it. At this point, I think it was an alright story, sure there were times where I was like "What the fuck Kishi, why'd you do it that." However, I can honestly say that there were moments that I also liked, even during the war arc. So ultimately, you're right, there shouldn't be a point in liking it now because of opinion(Maybe I should use preference instead?). Kishi has ultimately made mistakes on the overall plot and character management in the story, but it's pointless to argue that now too. He's the one who drew it,and so on, we're the ones reading it. So I guess he wins in the end.

Kaguya did feel forced, but I did like her dimensional abilities. If only it felt more natural instead forced story progression.

The terms "bad" and "good" are inherently subjective and relative terms. Nothing is objectively bad or good because for something to be bad or good there is always a need for someone to judge it and conclude whether he thinks its good or bad. Those notions don't exist beyond human opinion and they vary depending on the judgment of any given person.

Something objective is something like saying that water is made of hydrogen and oxygen. Even if no humans were around to reach that conclusion, it would still be true.

So, thinking that Naruto is good or bad is inherently subjective. But of course, there are varying degrees of logic and validity to anyone's opinion and most people will naturally assume you opinion doesn't count for much the more incoherent and illogical it is.

Quote Originally Posted by rereboy View Post
    The terms "bad" and "good" are inherently subjective and relative terms. Nothing is objectively bad or good because for something to be bad or good there is always a need for someone to judge it and conclude whether he thinks its good or bad. Those notions don't exist beyond human opinion and they vary depending on the judgment of any given person.

Something objective is something like saying that water is made of hydrogen and oxygen. Even if no humans were around to reach that conclusion, it would still be true.

So, thinking that Naruto is good or bad is inherently subjective. But of course, there are varying degrees of logic and validity to anyone's opinion and most people will naturally assume you opinion doesn't count for much the more incoherent and illogical it is.
    I like this post.

How about this: Naruto became a bad story because it's second part directly contradicted the themes of the first part.

There are so many places with people that adore whatever happens in Naruto and consider it the greatest masterpiece. Just let us make fun of/criticize a bad manga.

I dunno, I was always under the impression that retcons, inconsistency, weird plot decisions, wonky characterizations, and so on are seen generally as "poor storytelling" devices (which means it's bad). You mean there's actually people that think that these devices are actually "good"? And that it'll actually result in a "good story"?

Quote Originally Posted by Basslion View Post
    There are so many places with people that adore whatever happens in Naruto and consider it the greatest masterpiece. Just let us make fun of/criticize a bad manga.
    There are places with many peope who consider every chapter of Bleach a masterpiece. Even the latest chapters. Whenever I read through their comments, I get kind of scared.....

Quote Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
    How about this: Naruto became a bad story because it's second part directly contradicted the themes of the first part.
    This is an understatement. It not only directly contradicted it, the story pretty much did everything that it could to completely obliterate it. But hay! Some people think it's GOOD storytelling.

Quote Originally Posted by rereboy View Post
    Oh my god not this shit again.

I dunno, I was always under the impression that retcons, inconsistency, weird plot decisions, wonky characterizations, and so on are seen generally as "poor storytelling" devices (which means it's bad). You mean there's actually people that think that these devices are actually "good"? And that it'll actually result in a "good story"?
    Yes, there are people that actually see the story as a masterpiece and so on. In defence, there was alot of other inconsistent stories that were successful.

Closed Thread

Thread Information