Closed Thread
Page 198 of 500 FirstFirst ... 98 148 188 196 197 198 199 200 208 248 298 ... LastLast
Results 3,941 to 3,960 of 10000

Thread: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

Default Re: Naruto Thread XI: Optometrist fetish flashbacks!

but..but...he couldn't become a dragon !

He's an okay character, it's just that in my opinion he pales in comparison to villains like Deidara, Kakuzu and Pain in terms of sheer creativity. Orochimaru always seemed lame to me. You can slap a guy with jutsu after jutsu, but that's not going to make me like him (of course it's worse with Sasuke, who just inherits all his hax). Especially after his pitiful master plan during the Chuunin Exam totally failed to do everything but kill Sarutobi.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliblord View Post
    Especially after his pitiful master plan during the Chuunin Exam totally failed to do everything but kill Sarutobi.
    I don't man, invading a country when security was at it's highest, and killing the Hokage AKA the strongest Ninja in the village at the time, escaping intact while leaving the country crippled, while the only loses were pawns from a foriegn country who's Kazekage you also recently just killed wasn't that bad of a result...
    --Fine art is the beauty of that fleeting moment of an explosion--

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Panda View Post
    I don't man, invading a country when security was at it's highest
    That might factor as a planning problem

Also, Suna was far more crippled than Konoha ever was lol

Killing the Kazekage wasn't his ultimate goal. He didn't give a shit about the Kazekage.

Regarding Orochimaru, for a guy whos goal was to learn every single jutsu in the world, he only seemed to know a small handful. Also after the whole chakra nature thing it seems he would have been extremely limited. Anyways my theory is that once Kabuto is defeated, Orochimaru will pop out again out of Kabuto's snake penis only to be OHK by Itachi again.

That might factor as a planning problem

Also, Suna was far more crippled than Konoha ever was lol

Killing the Kazekage wasn't his ultimate goal. He didn't give a shit about the Kazekage.
    I guess, but it was at a time when young Shinobi gathered for an exam to determine the best, something Orochi was interested in, so it went hand-in-hand. Suna, the country were fine, they army was a bit fucked, but that's down to them being used by Orochimaru. And yes Kazekage was just a step stone towards his main goal. I like Orochimaru as you may have guessed

To the above comment, that's sort of what annoys me in Naruto. It's a fun manga, but people like Kakashi who supposedly know over 1000 jutsu yet show 5 MAX is annoying... I guess tha's why I liked Jiraiya and even Danzo once he started fighting Sasuke, nice variety of jutsu

It doesn't take a Chuunin Exam to bite a Sasuke.

True dat. But the Forest of Death was a P. convenient place to injure a few people without security and make it look like an accident

Fair enough._____

Now that we are on villians how are your guys favorite?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Katsura View Post
    Hmm...You know. After Gaara got redeemed I didn't have a villian in this series I actually liked.

Pain. Not so much Nagato. Pain was better without him.

Former Chief Warden Venomous Warden's Avatar

Now thats something I cant at least have something possitive to say about the series

For me id say its between kisame, kidomaru, and sasori.

Sasori

I liked sasori while he was in hiruko, and the twisted truth behind all of his abilities in that he was really just a buffalo bill who made human puppets and even wore some as armor. And as you already know i have an affinity for characters who use poison, so having all his weapons and abilities covered in them made him quite deadly on top of the fact he always kept himself out of harms way. The only thing i dislike is that he pretty much let himself get taken out, chiyo definitely put in all the hard work in that fight though (personally id have waited till a better ninja than sakura came along to let myself get offed).

Kisame
    Kisame was great because of his ability to lighten the mood among nothing but angry pissed off akatsuki members, but he also remained a serious threat while doing so, and really everyone and their grandma severely underestimated the guy. His living weapon samehada (shark skin) was pretty cool as well, and i enjoyed when he went all out against killer bee and that giant tanooki. I like how he died on his own terms though too, he accomplished his mission and like they said he went out like a true shinobi, which is not something i can say for the rest of the akatsuki.

Kidomaru
    And last but not least is Kidomaru from the sound village 4, this guy was simply awesome. From his design to what he could do, making his own silk, armor, and weaponry were all aspects i thought made him excellent all around. Hes in probably my favorite fight in the whole series and i really enjoyed seeing him adjust his strategy and weapons at a moments notice.

So overall those are my 3 favorites for this series, although id have to say kisame overall since sasori wasnt handled as well as id hoped and kidomaru didnt get the amount of time he deserved.

EDIT: And i cant believe i forgot kidomaru the first time around
    Last edited by Venomous Warden; April 12th, 2012 at 03:09 AM.
    - Lurking around Arlong Park between dumps -
    ------

He's an okay character, it's just that in my opinion he pales in comparison to villains like Deidara, Kakuzu and Pain in terms of sheer creativity. Orochimaru always seemed lame to me. You can slap a guy with jutsu after jutsu, but that's not going to make me like him (of course it's worse with Sasuke, who just inherits all his hax). Especially after his pitiful master plan during the Chuunin Exam totally failed to do everything but kill Sarutobi.
    Lets be fair, Orochimaru did not know Sarutobi had a forbidden jutsu that effectively sealed the 1st, the 2nd, and the 3rd himself's souls away forever, countering the Edo Tensei.

If it wasn't for that the 3rd would've still died (not without a fight, but that goes without saying) and Orochimaru still would've had the immortal bodies of the 1st and 2nd to run Konoha into the ground (possibly even the 3rd's body could've been used as well). And his plan would've likely succeeded with basically no one to stop him.

My favorite villain is Hidan, because everything just works with his power set and personality. His power is that he can set up a link between himself and you, where any damage he does to himself is inflicted upon you. And all he needs to do to set up this link is draw some blood. So he has a weapon that's just a sharp thing on a stick, perfect for swinging around and at least hitting something. But then there's the whole thing about "have to hurt yourself". Wouldn't that be kinda awful? Oh, no worries, he's a masochist to the max. Also, he's immortal, so he can go whole hog and inflict mortal wounds on himself, killing you, but he can be put back together. put back together how, you ask? Why, by his partner, who specializes in that sort of thing. Said partner also has a habit of getting all pissed and killing those around him, which makes an immortal masochist the perfect counterpart.

Everything fits, it all works, nothing is out of place. He came in a good place in the story (as a sort of a mid-level baddie), built up a personal antagonism with one of the heroes, and was defeated in a fitting way. great villain.

My favourite villain has to be Orochimaru. The one villain who stayed evil till the end (though thats probably because he wasn't exposed to Naruto's talk-no-jutsu).

Zabuza and Haku are of course among them. I also liked the Immortal duos: Hidan and Kakuzu. I liked the interaction between those two, I also love their overall creepyness and their original abilities. Their arc was also one of my favourite until they both got beaten by asspulls. Seriously, Shikamaru can't be that fast, and an experienced fighter like Kakuzu couldn't be that naive. Pain was also a cool villain, though I didn't like Nagato and his backstory. And I also appreciate Orochimaru, Kisame and Kimimaro.

Now that u think about it, Kishi is actually good at drawing up these concepts. I mean, all of the Akatsuki members, Konoha people, Kages, and lots of other characters actually had great premise. Too bad the execution fails.

Orochimaru had a much larger impact on me when he was first introduced. I didn't put this in the "phobia" thread, so I'll put it here instead.

I HATE SNAKES! I hate the way they move, I hate the way they sound, if I knew what they were thinking I'd probably hate it as well. And for me, Orochimaru was a big walking talking thinking snake that can freakin bite me from halfway across the room. Seriously, fuck that dude because he creeped the shit outta me.

And that's why he's my favorite villain in Naruto.

LOVE AND PEACE

Quote Originally Posted by tarrin4ever View Post
    Orochimaru had a much larger impact on me when he was first introduced. I didn't put this in the "phobia" thread, so I'll put it here instead.

I HATE SNAKES! I hate the way they move, I hate the way they sound, if I knew what they were thinking I'd probably hate it as well. And for me, Orochimaru was a big walking talking thinking snake that can freakin bite me from halfway across the room. Seriously, fuck that dude because he creeped the shit outta me.

And that's why he's my favorite villain in Naruto.

Closed Thread

Thread Information