Closed Thread
Page 197 of 500 FirstFirst ... 97 147 187 195 196 197 198 199 207 247 297 ... LastLast
Results 3,921 to 3,940 of 10000

Thread: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

Default Re: Naruto Thread XI: Optometrist fetish flashbacks!

Actually, the most irritating thing about Kabuto's backstory is at the very end where he starts monologuing that he had nothing over what is supposed to be a happy emotional moment.

I really don't think Kabuto needed a backstory, I guess we've had enough information on his past to understand the way he is acting, but I am actually OK with this chapter, because Naruto has been so bland this past months that this flashback is real breath of fresh air.

There's nothing wrong with nuns being in the Naruto world. I can't imagine religion doesn't exist, even though it's never been referred to.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliblord View Post
    There's nothing wrong with nuns being in the Naruto world. I can't imagine religion doesn't exist, even though it's never been referred to.
    They're followers of Narutism. A religion that foretells the second coming the Great Sage (i.e. Naruto)

Just you wait.

Unforunately, you're probably right at this rate.

Took me a second look to realize that it really was Sasuke who used Amaterasu. But why is his eye bleeding again? It's not supposed to do that since Sasuke has the MS 2.0 now.

Concerning the villain's backstories I have to agree with those who don't like seeing them in Naruto chapters. It may be interesting to know more about certain characters but so far nearly every villain in Naruto had a sad backstory which should make us empathize with the character. Sorry but that just doesn't cut it anymore. I couldn't care less about any villain in Naruto; eventually our yellow-haired savior will save them anyway.

By that logic, why bother with any information whatsoever.

Not at all. Like I said, I used to be interested in all the different characters but after all that shit Kishimoto gave us I really don't care about the *villains* (only them; not all characters). There are still plenty of people I'd like to read more about but Kabuto isn't part of them.

By that logic, why bother with any information whatsoever.
    The question is, is the information necessary and do we care?

The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    The question is, is the information necessary and do we care?
    Kabuto has been in the series since basically the beginning. I would bet that there is a Kabuto fandom out there that is glad that he's getting backstory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing
    Stay focused, cause right now you have a decision to make. Are you a man perpetually looking back at what he’s lost, or a man looking forward, to what he might become?

Former Chief Warden Venomous Warden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Enzeru View Post
    Took me a second look to realize that it really was Sasuke who used Amaterasu. But why is his eye bleeding again? It's not supposed to do that since Sasuke has the MS 2.0 now.
    Yea im wondering why he was bleeding as well since its supposed to be eternal with no drawbacks right? Perhaps kishi made a mistake.
    - Lurking around Arlong Park between dumps -
    ------

I'm just bummed that Kabuto has now gotten much more backstory than Orochi-friggin-maru. We get what, a page of vague dialogue for the series most memorable villain, but several chapters for his second rate leftover sidekick?

When Kishi killed Orochimaru 7 years in, he probably never imagined he'd be stretching the series out for another 6 or 7 years at that point.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

So Kabuto's adoptive mother/life saver is another Kabuto ?

I never liked Orochimaru.

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

Kabuto must be suffering from identity theft
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

I never liked Orochimaru.
    Why not? He was creepy in all the right ways.

He's just so samey. Body surfing mad scientist, snake themed main antagonist. Yaaaaaaawn

I mean, he's by no means a bad character, it's just that he's so generic

Also, there's the fact that his plan to invade Konoha was completely laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman
    Actually, the most irritating thing about Kabuto's backstory is at the very end where he starts monologuing that he had nothing over what is supposed to be a happy emotional moment.
    Maybe, but there's obviously more to the flashback, so we don't know how it ends where as Kabuto as a character, does. Gaara thought he was happy with Yashamaru and then a few chapters later, she/he (could never figure out Yasha's gender) tries to kill Gaara, he finds out the only person who he looked up to was a lie and so he had no one
    --Fine art is the beauty of that fleeting moment of an explosion--

I strongly disagree. Orochimaru, in my opinion, was a good villain. A creepy ninja-scientist who, while intelligent, is never really played off as the "MAD SCIENTIST" type. Just someone to parallel Sasuke to Jiraiya's Naruto who had very loose morals (such as human experimentation) in order to know everything and be immortal, only set completely over the edge to being evil after not being chosen as Hokage (yet they'll elect Danzou but eh whatever).

Say what you will but Orochimaru was crafty. Using Jugo's cells to create the curse seal? Figuring out the Edo Tensei jutsu and using it to resurrect the 1st and 2nd Hokages to be completely under his control? Figuring out how to effectively live forever by swapping bodies every couple of years? Still managing to hold his own against the other Sanin (granted Jiraiya was ill at the time) without being able to use hand seals? Ex-Akatsuki member? And probably even more stuff depending on what Jugo and Suigetsu just recently found in the war.

The man had talent and made for a really intimidating villain, the creepiness only adding to that. No matter what you think of Orochimaru the man was a big threat and all signs pointed to him being the series' end villain and as readers you could easily believe that given that even if he was outpowered he could find a way to just figure a believable way into winning.

...then he got completely jobbed by Sasuke by Sasuke absorbing him and then once he was freed Orochimaru was sealed away forever in a permanent Genjutsu by Itachi's Susano'o sword...

Closed Thread

Thread Information