Closed Thread
Page 196 of 500 FirstFirst ... 96 146 186 194 195 196 197 198 206 246 296 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,920 of 10000

Thread: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

Default Re: Naruto Thread XI:Aye, Aye, Eyes

Having the orphanage burn down and the nun killed in front of him wouldn't make him "nothing" and its kind of cliche. If his name was a code and glasses were a tool, then I think it implies that the orphanage and the nun will use him in some way, either to kill or spy on someone. Having given hope that he is actually loved by the nun, and then showing that it was all just a lie to use him to do something would drive someone to become evil and untrusting more imo.

The flashack was not that horrible, it was just out of place. This should have been taken care of a long time ago, you don't just keep showing flashbacks in the middle of a war(if you can call this garbage a war).

My guess is that Kabuto is already a child ninja and is going to be forced to kill everyone, or someone will kill everyone because he was there.

I'm happy with the chapter, Kabuto's a character I've always been a bit curious about, and I the flashback is going well. For some reason I can see him being sold out in the flashback by the old woman to other ninja, Kabuto finding this out and thinking everyone there betrayed him, so he burns the place down right before being chased

Oh, we got to see more of Kabuto's Dragon-sage Jutsu which is a plus
    --Fine art is the beauty of that fleeting moment of an explosion--

why can't a villain evil for the sake of evil? or why can't everybody in part2 of this manga have a "ninja-like" backstory.. i mean, was born a grew up in a hellish ninja life or even like haku and zabuza etc. originally, Kabuto had already been established as a spy, so why can't Kishi focused on that.. why can't Kishi give us more on him and Oro relationship but instead Kishi give us another stupid unimportant character and give Kabuto supposedly sad history. why Kishi always trying to justify every freaking villain in this manga?...

Actually, I rather like that about Naruto as a series.

Quote Originally Posted by Hisoga View Post
    why can't a villain evil for the sake of evil? or why can't everybody in part2 of this manga have a "ninja-like" backstory.. i mean, was born a grew up in a hellish ninja life or even like haku and zabuza etc. originally, Kabuto had already been established as a spy, so why can't Kishi focused on that.. why can't Kishi give us more on him and Oro relationship but instead Kishi give us another stupid unimportant character and give Kabuto supposedly sad history. why Kishi always trying to justify every freaking villain in this manga?...
    isn't it because his philosophy is something like, you're not born evil you become evil

actually I like how he does that, I've been wanting more back stories on One Piece villains for years, like croc, doflamingo, akainu

it shows what shaped them and how they've become what they are, I think it's a good idea, one of the few things I think oda needs to improve on so we don't just have all villains be evil just because

Quote Originally Posted by Gliblord View Post
    Actually, I rather like that about Naruto as a series.
    I Agree!

Member of Beelzebub is Freakin' Awesome Group
    what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

^ I will have to disagree with you there. I really don't have any interest in learning the back-story of villains. That no one is born evil is a given, but what you do later on is completely dependent on the persons choices. By providing a back-story, does Kishi want us to sympathize with them, want us to feel sorry for these villains. That every thing they did till now was because they had a horrible past or something like that. Sorry, but thats the bad part of the series for me.
    These guys are ninjas, who are trained to kill. As said in part 1, a ninja is merely a tool, with no emotions. Even after that back-story was given, it does not mean he should be forgiven. Kishi's belief that any person can be redeemed is exactly what is wrong with this series.

Providing backstory and motivations for a character can deepen them, and be a quite good thing.

Providing backstory and motivations for a character while being a bad writer is a terrible combination. If you're lucky the characters motivations are simply nonsensical or overblown, if you're unlucky it's "I had a dog named TINY" or "my goal is to support the men!" or "Itachi looked at me funny once, so I hate all sharingan wankers!"

I'd rather have no backstory at all, or have it alluded to like with Crocodile, than get some sob-story about how Enel only wanted to reach the moon because he promised his mom on her deathbed.

^ This. I am not interested in back-stories of villains, but if they are provided and done well, then I have no problem with it either. The problem is that Kishi chooses the worst way possible, and after giving the back-story expects us to feel sorry for them. He somehaow makes them redeem themselves(Nagato), and expect us to buy it. One of the best villain of the series was ruined because of this.
    And hey, its quite common in this series to have characters who have had a bad past. After all, were there not three something ninja wars, with a lot of casualties, and a lot of the smaller villages suffering because of it.

Orochimaru was evil, without a doubt. Everybody else

Is it just me or was the art better than usual during the flashback?

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3762-9083

I think back stories are fine. But the timing really needs to be done well, and not over used for every villain we come across. I mean, if the character was interesting and around for a long time sure I'd love to learn why they are the way they are. I'd be greatly interested in a Hisoka flashback just because he's so off kilter. Kabuto I remember I liked during part 1. I would have liked to have learned more about him then...But not in the middle of a fight. That always bugs me lol. I just picture everyone standing around zoning out...I'm not even sure if he spoke any of that aloud or if he was actually going over his past with people trying to kill him.

Kabuto winning this fight would actually be interesting, to have a potential sage candidate fight with Naruto.

Quote Originally Posted by The Daz View Post
    "Itachi looked at me funny once, so I hate all sharingan wankers!"
    That's funny, that's my backstory

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

The thing is, guys, these backstories aren't meant to excuse the villains' actions as justified. Plenty of good guys also have shitty pasts, but they made the right decisions anyway. They're just meant to provide a context for how it is they ended up choosing the dark path.

Default Re: Naruto Thread XI: Optometrist fetish flashbacks!

Well this flashback (and the chapter itself) wasn't nearly as bad as the spoilers were suggesting it would be. It's pretty standard backstory so far so I can't really criticize it that much until I see the following chapter(s). It's certainly not Pain's god awful flashback. Not by a long shot.

Also Sasuke using Amateratsu as a guard is surprisingly clever of him, he hasn't done that for a long long time. I think the most important thing that was established this chapter is a way to make Kabuto an actual threat by attempting to rewrite Itachi's control over the Edo Tensei. ACTUAL TENSION!

Granted that is going under the assumption Itachi would ever fall for that again. But then again Itachi might be suffering some brain damage from the whole "being dead" thing since he hasn't been the most clever lately. Forgiving Sasuke for doing everything conceivably wrong, not casting a Genjutsu at any time during the majority of the fight he could have (including right now since Kabuto's eyes are only guarded by the glasses he always wears).

Oh well it's not bad for a Naruto chapter in my opinion.

Oh look a flashback. Someone is going to die after this flashback is over.

It's not giving villains pathos via flashback that's bad

It's when the flashback is poorly/hilariously written that the problem arises (read: Pain)

Great. Kabuto gets a backstory, and I just could not care any less. Could this fight please just fucking end already?!

Also, the Naruto world has nuns now. Whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    Great. Kabuto gets a backstory, and I just could not care any less. Could this fight please just fucking end already?!

Also, the Naruto world has nuns now. Whatever.
    You just said the perfect description of this chapter. Good work sir!

I was pleasantly surprised that Itachi started to crumble and Kabuto wanted to rewrite the spell, something unexpected! But then I turned page and was brought back to earth.
    The chapter before flashback was okay, even interesting. Sennin spells, amaterasu shield, Kabuto finally told us what he wants (maybe not the freshest dream, but it is logical) - that was all nice. But then we get a sob story start and I got bored and mildly disgusted at the way things stand now. It would be fun if he kills the kids and nun(ninja life is not all about kissing boys), but that would be way 1st-part. Nowadays every blow is softened.
    A proud fan of Kizaru, Whitebeard and Rayleigh!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1000sunny View Post
    And, oh, looks like Ichigo knows more than he is letting on and can't help but strike his signature pose: Loosely holding his sword, knees bent, with the dumbest look of shock on his face....Classic Bleach

Closed Thread

Thread Information