Closed Thread
Page 195 of 500 FirstFirst ... 95 145 185 193 194 195 196 197 205 245 295 ... LastLast
Results 3,881 to 3,900 of 10000

Thread: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

Default Re: Naruto Thread XI:Aye, Aye, Eyes

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    MS preview is out:

http://mangastream.com/read/jpreview/80098895/5

Flashback for a character nobody cares about. Yeah...
    I do. He's been one of my favorite characters since he first showed up in the Chuunin exams.
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

I actually kind of liked this chapter. I mean, it explained more about Kabuto - even though he's evil, he seems to have made it this by his own strength, he didn't have parents or even a name, was poor, but he made it this far on his own. I like it. I mean it could turn out to be a pathetic sob-story, like with Pein and it seems it will be like that, but I liked this chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    I do. He's been one of my favorite characters since he first showed up in the Chuunin exams.
    During the Chunnin exams and the whole three way sannin fight, Kabuto was indeed a very cool character. But after the timeskip he just of flaked out until now.

The Kabuto background is actually not that bad
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Inferno View Post
    You are a treasure.

Quote Originally Posted by zxcv11791 View Post
    During the Chunnin exams and the whole three way sannin fight, Kabuto was indeed a very cool character. But after the timeskip he just of flaked out until now.
    It wasn't like we didn't know where he was or what he was doing for the most part. We knew he was carrying on Orochimaru's work and shit.

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    It wasn't like we didn't know where he was or what he was doing for the most part. We knew he was carrying on Orochimaru's work and shit.
    There was that brief confusing part of being Sasori's spy the whole time too. But I just feel like he was still more interesting pts as a medical nin rather than now being an imitation of orochimaru and a dragon sage.

One thing I forgot to mention earlier- why would Itachi need to use *his* Susano'o to protect Sasuke (the one with the eternal Mangekyou Sharingan and some OP Susano'o himself)? And saying that Sasuke couldn't use it because he was caught off guard doesn't make sense either since the technique is supposed to act on its own if I'm not mistaken. Just kind of weird...

A dog exists somewhere David Ludwig's Avatar

This chapter is just foreshadowing the inevitable fact that Naruto will become a nun.

Eeh...the backstory actually wasn't bad, but like someone else said, it would probably have been more prevalent pre-timeskip. Possibly when Naruto and Jiraya went after...honestly, I forgot her name...My God...oh, Tsnuade...

I actually liked Kabuto pre-timeskip just for the fact that he was...damn, I don't remember...

...I am really starting to like this series again...I must be mad...

Itachi really should find a better example for his "rely on others!" philosophy than Uzumaki Wins-entire-war-by-himself Naruto.

I don't see how Itachi fails to notice the hypocrisy in that "rely on others" statement that he's trying to get everyone to accept.

"You need to learn to rely on others. Now I'm going to end this entire war on my own, k? Bye!"

You liked this backstory? I thought it was horrible. Nameless kid gets accepted by a nursery home and liked by a mother-figure makes him evil somehow!? That's such a retarded bullshit right there I can't stand it.
    3DS friend code: 2964-8756-2295
    Games: Pokemon Y & Alpha Sapphire

Quote Originally Posted by Juvar View Post
    You liked this backstory? I thought it was horrible. Nameless kid gets accepted by a nursery home and liked by a mother-figure makes him evil somehow!? That's such a retarded bullshit right there I can't stand it.
    What? It was never implied that being given a home and a substitute family made him evil. Truth be told I expect some "development" next chapter that shows us the *real* reason he became who he is today. Like the nun getting killed or maybe even the whole family/village.

The flasback isn't even over yet, where did you get that ideia?

Well I find this a nice flashback so far. While its placement is bad(I hate cliffhangers that lead nowhere) Naruto looked a totally diferent series when the flasback began.....that was weird.
    If this keeps up, the next chapter maybe be a Naruto chapter that actually makes me feel something for a character in Naruto.

You're missing the point.

What we saw was the beginning of the flashback, it is obviously not finished. Kabuto has shown that from an early age that he trusts no one but himself. We are given a situation that shows someone giving him kindness and support, something alien to him. He wasn't crying because he was happy, his body didn't know how to react to such acts, therefore he was at a loss. If Kishi deems Kabuto's backstory more important than his precious Uchiha, he may actually give us a reason Kabuto is the way he is even after this display.

Obviously, the entire orphanage will be torched or everyone will be killed (yadayada, insert plot-device here...), killing everyone but Kabuto. He will then see that as justification that he is nothing and everything that surrounds him will leave him. He has a twisted way of thinking so of course he will take a gesture of kindness as ridicule...

If I remember correctly, didn't he slaughter a family that took him in in another flashback pre-timeskip? This flashback may serve as a catalyst for his sadistic nature taking hold.

Fairly okay chapter.
    I thought someone like Kabuto would have gotten a more in-depth flashback, but I guess not. Maybe next chapter.
    I just really want this fight to end already.

I guess the flashbacks mean that Kabuto might die soon, which is no surprise to me.
    Last edited by MasterKingJC; April 11th, 2012 at 07:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuhan View Post
    You're missing the point.

What we saw was the beginning of the flashback, it is obviously not finished. Kabuto has shown that from an early age that he trusts no one but himself. We are given a situation that shows someone giving him kindness and support, something alien to him. He wasn't crying because he was happy, his body didn't know how to react to such acts, therefore he was at a loss. If Kishi deems Kabuto's backstory more important than his precious Uchiha, he may actually give us a reason Kabuto is the way he is even after this display.

Obviously, the entire orphanage will be torched or everyone will be killed (yadayada, insert plot-device here...), killing everyone but Kabuto. He will then see that as justification that he is nothing and everything that surrounds him will leave him. He has a twisted way of thinking so of course he will take a gesture of kindness as ridicule...

If I remember correctly, didn't he slaughter a family that took him in in another flashback pre-timeskip? This flashback may serve as a catalyst for his sadistic nature taking hold.
    Alright maybe I was being hasty. Seemed over to me due to fading back to the fight scene, and probably being exposed to Kubo's one-page flashbacks... oh well.
    3DS friend code: 2964-8756-2295
    Games: Pokemon Y & Alpha Sapphire

5 bucks says Mom-lady dies right in front of him.

Alright maybe I was being hasty. Seemed over to me due to fading back to the fight scene, and probably being exposed to Kubo's one-page flashbacks... oh well.
    They will most likely fight some more, then Kabuto will get injured or defeated, where we will most likely see the end of the flashback...

Then again...we may not see it at all... I'm just saying if Kishi wanted to actually give a decent flashback for one of the key players in the war, he is starting off on the right foot...so far...

I fucking want Kabuto to win.

Oh man, that would be such an awesome twist

Closed Thread

Thread Information