Closed Thread
Page 192 of 500 FirstFirst ... 92 142 182 190 191 192 193 194 202 242 292 ... LastLast
Results 3,821 to 3,840 of 10000

Thread: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

Default Re: Naruto Thread XI:Aye, Aye, Eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    Wow. I had never seen the Pain fight animated before. But haha...okay so normally I don't mind the exaggerated animation technique some use, (I like the use of it one One Piece....sometimes.) I also enjoyed it for Naruto and Sasuke's first fight, but this Pain fight was really wonky to look at. At least Pain's portion of it. I thought Naruto looked neat all squiggly and that it works because he wasn't really himself at this point.

I thought that the run cycle and the getting pounded into the ground was a parody at first. It seemed very out of place for the normal Naruto drawing style. The faces get so distorted it doesn't look like the same show. It doesn't really make a difference if this was a static image. If you can still see the extreme squash stretch and warp while it's moving I think they slightly over did it. I think it would have done better in a scene with illusion stuff going on to increase the odd feeling if they really wanted to do this.

Also Pain's voice is way deeper than I ever imagined it would have been. o_o.
    True, distorted animation would work great with an illusion fight. Wished they did that with Itachi vs Sasuke.

Also has anyone seen some of the Soul Eater fight scenes? They make some good work with exaggerated animation too.

Quote Originally Posted by zxcv11791 View Post
    Once again, I like the art. I think it adds to the animation. I think they did it on purpose. If you think its shit then fine, I'm happy for you. Am I personally not allowed to like it myself?

I just don't think its fair to call the entire fight shit just because you don't like the art style.
    on purpose? are you sure? i mean, like the director of that episode.. his works animation episode were always very high quality.. far better than any regular one piece episode and Naoki Tate.
    for example look at episode 133 part1 Naruto- Naruto vs Sasuke at the Valley of the End. there were some weird artwork but not as bad as this..

and regarding of loonies tune fighting style in that episode, I blame Kishi.. there were nothing that can animated using that director excellent battle animation skills from the fight in the manga. he had to add something to make up for it. but its a weekly episode and not a movie.
    every fight in part2 Naruto really suck and freaking boring. maybe except for battles in Saving Gaara arc. but not as bad as Bleach. after Ichigo and co. entered HM, except for a couple of earlier fight against nobody ,there were no fight that can be called good and after all espada were dead, there were no scene or moment that I can called a physical fight/battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Hisoga View Post
    on purpose? are you sure? i mean, like the director of that episode.. his works animation episode were always very high quality.. far better than any regular one piece episode and Naoki Tate.
    for example look at episode 133 part1 Naruto- Naruto vs Sasuke at the Valley of the End. there were some weird artwork but not as bad as this..

and regarding of loonies tune fighting style in that episode, I blame Kishi.. there were nothing that can animated using that director excellent battle animation skills from the fight in the manga. he had to add something to make up for it. but its a weekly episode and not a movie.
    every fight in part2 Naruto really suck and freaking boring. maybe except for battles in Saving Gaara arc. but not as bad as Bleach. after Ichigo and co. entered HM, except for a couple of earlier fight against nobody ,there were no fight that can be called good and after all espada were dead, there were no scene or moment that I can called a physical fight/battle.
    Eh yea. If you look at other animation mistakes like Sakura's head being too big/small for her body, all that stuff is all computer animated stuff where they rushed it and got lazy. Naruto vs Pain were all hand drawn, it may look sloppy but I think its all just on purpose to go with the crazy animation. Personally I like it when the animators go crazy and don't keep to the rigid stiff animation you see in regular episodes. Again that's all just my personal taste, if you don't like it then you don't like it.

If anything the only thing I didn't like about Naruto vs Pain was the ending with the BS of Nagato bringing everyone back to life.

Bleach battles....ugh they just overuse blur effects when they just teleport all over the place to seem cool and just keep staring at each other.

Eh yea. If you look at other animation mistakes like Sakura's head being too big/small for her body, all that stuff is all computer animated stuff where they rushed it and got lazy. Naruto vs Pain were all hand drawn, it may look sloppy but I think its all just on purpose to go with the crazy animation. Personally I like it when the animators go crazy and don't keep to the rigid stiff animation you see in regular episodes. Again that's all just my personal taste, if you don't like it then you don't like it.

If anything the only thing I didn't like about Naruto vs Pain was the ending with the BS of Nagato bringing everyone back to life.

Bleach battles....ugh they just overuse blur effects when they just teleport all over the place to seem cool and just keep staring at each other.
    animation mistakes is not the problem in that episode. and in the past too, people never really complained about it when it come with with really great animation actions scene. most of them can be ignored because its not really obvious unless you pause or you have very good observation or you trying to focus on the mistake part. but this Pain vs Naruto episode was just too much. even a great animation cannot cover it up.. that is the problem. if you look at all the example you post before, most of them were not really obvious unless you pause around it or trying to find a mistake in the episode. there were a thread for this in Narutoforums that i use to go and maybe some other forums too but most of it shared one thing in common and that is,its not too obvious unless you search for it.

but that can't be said about this episode. and I am not trying to change your thought or whatever but just trying to explain to you why people hate that episode from my point of view. and I don't think it was on purpose or if it was based on past record, then it must not a good one.. and never seen any anime or cartoon that has artwork like that. never heard any type of animation or artwork like it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hisoga View Post
    animation mistakes is not the problem in that episode. and in the past too, people never really complained about it when it come with with really great animation actions scene. most of them can be ignored because its not really obvious unless you pause or you have very good observation or you trying to focus on the mistake part. but this Pain vs Naruto episode was just too much. even a great animation cannot cover it up.. that is the problem. if you look at all the example you post before, most of them were not really obvious unless you pause around it or trying to find a mistake in the episode. there were a thread for this in Narutoforums that i use to go and maybe some other forums too but most of it shared one thing in common and that is,its not too obvious unless you search for it.

but that can't be said about this episode. and I am not trying to change your thought or whatever but just trying to explain to you why people hate that episode from my point of view. and I don't think it was on purpose or if it was based on past record, then it must not a good one.. and never seen any anime or cartoon that has artwork like that. never heard any type of animation or artwork like it too.
    Yes I understand why people don't like the fight scene, I'm just bothered by the fact they just call the entire thing lazy shit or fail. I really don't see the art as bad, but just different. Everything in that scene was hand drawn and painted frame by frame vs the computer animation they do in regular episodes, I don't see it right calling the animators lazy on that part since they obviously put effort into it. Sure it turned out different and weird but they definitely weren't lazy about it. Also there is a BIG difference between exaggerated anatomy and bad anatomy. Yes Pain's face looked fucked up in that scene but if you look in the manga where Pain says "My pain is far greater than yours" is just a still image of him looking evil and talking. It is VERY easy to just animate that, a close up of a face talking is basically half the fight scenes in filler episodes. I just see the animators choosing to do the exaggerated version over a still image as an artistic choice.

I'm not asking people to just suddenly like or appreciate it, but it just irks me when the general attitude to something you don't like is to just dismiss it as utter shit or they didn't even put any effort on that scene. Personally if anything I think the animators went experimental on it, and I personally like the result. I think it looks interesting, and yes I haven't really seen anything like it before but I still like it. But apparently everyone else thinks the animators just lazily shit all over the place which is fine. Maybe they were all on LSD when they were working on that episode, but I still like the result. If others don't like it fine, I get it. I'm just trying to say all the "shit" things they did were intentional and I don't think they just shit things out out of laziness.

Edit: According to google Atsushi Wakabayashi was the animation lead in the Naruto vs Pain. He also apparently did the Naruto vs Sasuke scene. Again I think he just went experimental on Naruto vs Pain, not tried to be lazy about it. I hope I'm not coming across like some anime hipster being in the minority about this but I just don't see it fair calling different art style and weird exaggerated animation = utter lazy shit.
    Last edited by zxcv11791; April 9th, 2012 at 06:08 AM.

yeah.. but this is the first time i see someone praise the artwork of that episode.. haha
    i don't like the art but i really like the animation, fighting chareograph and it phase.. it was awesome.. but i remember now, the art when Pain activated the Chibaku Tensei.. it was awesome..

I loved the anime Pain fight. It was both hilarious and awesome.

Hey, you can dis the animation all you want, but in the end, which fight are you going to remember, the one that took risks with style, or a plain jane boring-ass fight like Sasuke vs. Danzou

If I have to choose between those two then I'll gladly go with the latter.

I'm not asking people to just suddenly like or appreciate it, but it just irks me when the general attitude to something you don't like is to just dismiss it as utter shit or they didn't even put any effort on that scene. Personally if anything I think the animators went experimental on it, and I personally like the result. I think it looks interesting, and yes I haven't really seen anything like it before but I still like it. But apparently everyone else thinks the animators just lazily shit all over the place which is fine. Maybe they were all on LSD when they were working on that episode, but I still like the result. If others don't like it fine, I get it. I'm just trying to say all the "shit" things they did were intentional and I don't think they just shit things out out of laziness.

Edit: According to google Atsushi Wakabayashi was the animation lead in the Naruto vs Pain. He also apparently did the Naruto vs Sasuke scene. Again I think he just went experimental on Naruto vs Pain, not tried to be lazy about it. I hope I'm not coming across like some anime hipster being in the minority about this but I just don't see it fair calling different art style and weird exaggerated animation = utter lazy shit.
    I absolutely agree.

I accept and respect your opinion that you think Pain's animation was shit. If you don't like it, then you just don't like it. I'm well aware that I can't change your opinion about that. I still personally however, like it.

Does that make you feel any better?
    YES! .

Member of Beelzebub is Freakin' Awesome Group
    what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

thats what I said in my previous post and that is the reason I asked you "are you sure" when you said "they did it on purpose"..

About the pain fight, this was done by a fan of the series. At least he tried to work with manga panels.

The Real Fighters!

Pein fight looked like shit in the manga too, if I recall correctly

Its not that they didn't try, again its just the style of art that goes with the animation. I don't know the name but its common in japanese animation studios.

Its not like they haven't done it before
    Well, yeah, the Sasuke ones are a bit weird, but I'm pretty sure Sakura has always looked like that.

As per my attempting to have a more positive attitude...

when it comes to the Pain fight...

Uhm... Hinata's scene was better than in the manga?
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    Uhm... Hinata's scene was better than in the manga?
    I did like that she managed to land a hit.

Of course, some other people have said that it made her look too strong and/or make Pain look too weak.

She also broke a couple of the spikes holding Naruto down.

I think the video games improved on the scene too.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

I wonder how long the Uchiha vs Snakeman fight will take. It can't be that much longer since next chapter we'll see Izanami's execution and if we're lucky, Kabuto will be finished in that very chapter. Truth be told- if I have to read any more of the derpy eyes brothers then I might as well can skip entire chapters and wait till we get back to the five kage or maybe the Konoha 11 (not that I expect much from them; I'd simply like to see Hinata and the rest of the gang instead of Sasuke).

Actually the key animator for that fight was named Shingo Yamashita. His work's usually pretty loose, but generally not to the extent that was on display during that episode.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Someone give Shingo a cookie, he has entertained me more in a single episode than Kishi has in the entirety of his series since the Pain arc ended

Closed Thread

Thread Information